Who are Africa’s most bankable music stars?
That’s what Forbes Africa is letting us know. Forbes Africa recently partnered with Urban music station Channel O Africa to create the Top 10 Most Bankable Urban Artistes list.
According to Forbes Africa’s website, the top ten were determined by factors such as other business ventures and current endorsement deals. The criteria also includes popularity, Youtube views as well as social media influence.
Senegalese American Akon tops the coveted list. Don Jazzy, Ice Prince, Banky W and P-Square also make the list.
Unfortunately no female African artiste is on the list.
Check it out!
- Akon – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
- Don Jazzy – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Z on production credit
- P-Square – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries
- D’banj – Music Artiste. International music brand, GO D Music deal, Sony Entertainment deal
- Wizkid – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
- 2Face Idibia – Music Artiste. 10 million disc and at least 7 million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philanthropist – 2face foundation
- Anselmo Ralph – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multi million dollar tour bus, Sony artiste
- Sarkodie -Rapper. Presidential youth ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana
- Ice Prince – Music Artiste. Six million downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
- Banky W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winners