President Goodluck Jonathan is making some major changes.
Today Wednesday 11th September 2013, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria relieved 9 ministers of their posts following the cabinet reshuffle, reports several media outlets including This Day, Sahara Reporters and Channels TV
The ministers sacked include;
- Education – Ruqqayatu Rufai
- Foreign Affairs – Olugbenga Ashiru
- National Planning – Shamsudeen Usman
- Land and Urban Development – Amal Pepple
- Environment – Hadiza Mailafia
- Science and Technology – Ita Ewa
- Defence – Olusola Obada
- Power – Zainab Kuchi
- Agriculture – Tijani Bukar
The Minister for Environment Hadjia Hadiza Mailafia (who was also fired) announced the sacking of the 9 ministers after speaking to State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council meeting at the Aso Rock Villa today.
A source tells Sahara Reporters that there had been speculation for several months that President Jonathan was about to shuffle his cabinet.
BellaNaija.com will keep you updated on the latest about the news.