News

A Moody Scene in Lagos Island as Business Complex Catches Fire

Fire - November 2013 - BellaNaija

The scene in Lagos Island is quite moody today. Early this morning, the Great Nigeria Insurance House which is reported to have property worth billions of Naira, caught fire.

GNI houses various business organizations including banks. Reports are claiming that no known source has been detected as the cause of the fire outbreak.

According to Punch, more than 12 trucks containing water had arrived at the scene to stop the fire, but all to no avail. One person is feared dead and two have sustained varying degrees of injuries.

Our hearts go out to anyone affected by the situation.

1. tito 14

November 4, 2013 at 5:22 pm

IT IS WELL

• Leah

November 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm

One person is dead, some injured and a building is on fire, it is not well o.

2. NaijaPikin

November 4, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Your title says housing complex but the story says business complex….Seems a correction is needed

3. MelonX

November 4, 2013 at 7:00 pm

The King’s palace that burns down will only add beauty to it(a Yoruba proverb). Sad someone died though.

4. Nene Morgan

November 4, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Very sad. I really hope there is some sort of insurance for this building to cover the losses.

5. Naveah

November 4, 2013 at 8:23 pm

mercy Jesus na wa oooooh. I wonder how the fire got started and I don’t even think we have fire investigators to do a forensic analysis to see where and why it started so that the same mistake will not be made again. See how persin pickin dey go work now the family dey bury am and for what? Abeg, are people allowed to smoke in their offices in business complexes in Nigeria?

6. Concerned_Boyfriend

November 4, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Won ti tun kowo je (They have embezzled money again)

• Ashley B

November 4, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Guuyyyyyyyyyy……………… U no understand??????

7. Linzo

November 5, 2013 at 1:56 am

hmmmm…..this Naija wahala sef don too much o….

8. Linzo

November 5, 2013 at 1:56 am

hmmmm…..this Naija wahala sef don too much o….

9. NNENNE

November 5, 2013 at 3:39 am

So sad. Mercy, dear Lord.

10. Asa Na Dallas

November 5, 2013 at 8:12 am

@Naveah, did I hear you said forensic analysis in Nigerian? Abeg let’s move on. You need to stop by police head quarter and check out their cars, even the ambulance they are using to carry dead bodies is even worst. Sending my payers.

• Naveah

November 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I know we don’t have it I was being careful how I phrased my words but if I said we don’t have now, people will go down my throat for assuming Naija no get anything which is why I said “I don’t think” . Abeg, I no want ya wa.

11. Ruth

November 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Such a sad event to occur , if the Fire code does exists in Nigeria ( then Mr. Fashola ) and other enforcers please ensure, buildings such as this are holding regular fire drills , that businesses have an emergency disaster recovery plan when this occurs to protect and preserve their income streams and last but not least insurance coverage while it doesn’t save lives or recover the dead, it sure helps life after disaster be less devastating…… from your minister of welfare