Events

Eku Edewor, Ikechukwu Killz, Caroline Danjuma, Sasha P, Mo Abudu & Lola Omotayo-Okoye at Kinabuti’s Vlisco Lux Event in Lagos

Eku Edewor & Uti Nwachuwku

Eku Edewor & Uti Nwachuwku

On Saturday 30th November 2013, design label Kinabuti held its Kinabuti Vlisco Lux Autumn/Winter 13-14 fashion show in collaboration with Pulse.ng.

The event was held at the poolside of the Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

A lot of stars and business exec including Caroline Danjuma, Mo Abudu, Uti Nwachukwu, Eku Edewor, Michelle Dede, Ikechukwu “Killz”, Sasha P, Lola Omotayo-Okoye and Veronica Ebie-Odeka were present at the event.

Check out photos!

Jessica & Caroline Danjuma

Jessica & Caroline Danjuma

Francesca, Sasha P &  Caterina

Francesca, Sasha P & Caterina

Ikechukwu "Killz" & Caterina

Ikechukwu “Killz” & Caterina Bortolussi

Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 076Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 039Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 029Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 022Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 071Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 069Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 032Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 038Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 078Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 079Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 043Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 063Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 040Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 073Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 068Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 072Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 074Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 027Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 070Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 046Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 030Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 033Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 067Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 077Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 065Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 036Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 080

Kinabuti Vlisco Lux Autumn/Winter 2013-2014 Collection Runway Presentation

Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 045Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 048Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 047Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 049Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 050Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 051Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 052Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 053Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 054Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 058Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 060Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 062Vlisco Lux Fashion Show in Lagos - December 2013 - BellaNaija - 061

Highlights from the Event

Photo Credit: Insigna Media

1. Nana

December 15, 2013 at 11:44 am

What is Uti wearing???

2. Ijay

December 15, 2013 at 11:49 am

Uti should calm down with his puff pose. Poor Eku is even
    scared.

3. Chigbo

December 15, 2013 at 11:52 am

Wow…..this event was really for the creme de la
    creme……….none of the ‘usual suspects’ gained access (except
    for Uti)……….lmao!! But seriously this is refreshing. Lovely
    looking people

4. Banny

December 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Cool party! The truth if the matter is that anything I see
    ladies with weaves, I cringe, jeez!!!!!!! I am in a school where we
    have almost 107 nationalities. In my class, forty different
    countries and everyone tries to stand out in a unique way. Can’t
    imagine trying to be from another continent. Words cannot describe
    how I felt the day someone from “Albania” told me that she heard
    black girls use artificial hair (of course other “white” girls
    concurred) and she said it in a very condescending way. Kai, na
    that day I understand team natural people. Thank God all the
    African girls in the school came with their natural hair or at
    least braids that we are known for. Then, I see supposedly educated
    women wearing weaves like this? When I was in Nigeria, I never
    really understood the “team natural” but ever since I stepped out,
    mehn, I just wish so many things. Really, this is not about hair.
    It is about embracing who you truly are. Hair, skin, accent,
    background, body features etc. because you cannot really be who you
    are not, you can only accept who you are irrespective of where you
    find yourself and be very proud of it. Rant over!!!! but these
    seemingly “enlightened” women with weaves just put me off and I
    have rounded up for the semester, so all the time in my hands to do
    whatever I want. *dancing*

• Titi

December 15, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Well, white girls wear weaves now! However, I do agree that the weave thing is now overkill especially the fact that it doesnt look natural and you see some girls wearing weaves constantly but……..live and let live!

• Naija Realist

December 15, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I know your post comes from a good place, but our “natural” self is only a platform to build upon. That’s why white folks tan, folks go to the gym, folks wear clothes, et al. It’s great to be true to thyself. However, part of that is never being overly obsessed by what others even “white” girls) think you but rather feeling good about yourself — even if it takes wearing horse hair! It’s a short and difficult (sometimes even brutish) life and every sliver of happiness helps.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

December 15, 2013 at 4:47 pm

If a white girl had to ask you that question in a condescending way (with other white girls supporting her quest to know more about the mystique of black gals) then, honey, you should have snapped right back with the appropriate responses she was clearly in the mood to hear. Here are a couple of rejoinders you should note for next time:-

“I know, right? I hear white girls do the same thing with all your extensions, hair clip-ons and things…”
      “I also hear white girls rub a lot of fake tan on themselves to look darker, what’s the deal with that?”
      “I hear many white girls don’t like their thin lips and so they get silicone injections to look like Angelina Jolie… we hear that in Nigeria and find it extremely odd…”

And the list of trade-offs continues… it’s really not so hard to pointedly offend another race if you set your mind to it. And to clarify, much as I enjoy looking for trouble when ignorant oyibos want to get into the whole “why do black people do blah blah blah?” series of questions, I also know there are some of them who are just filled with genuine curiousity about certain facts – e.g. when I get a short weave done and they want to know if I’ve cut my hair. For questions like that, I just explain that I need a protective style for the winter months.

My dear, there are ways to address these subjects when they come up, don’t allow anyone make you feel embarrassed…

• Banny

December 15, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Lol, of course I answered but not that sort of way too. I will always defend my kind anywhere and any day but to be sincere deep down, I really wish we don’t associate ourselves with this weave thing. At least, Jolie is a white woman and not black. Wearing straight hair is just too unreal. Anyway like I said before, whatever rocks anyone’s boat. If weave suits anyone. let her go for it, as for me, Jamais!Never!

• E's Babe

December 16, 2013 at 9:19 am

Ose!!

• dee one

December 18, 2013 at 1:20 am

Oh how I love you right now @mz socially awkward… Your first two answers were the exact reply I was hoping she gave when I read her comment. Very stupid and dumb question and yet they are supposedly literate. Long hiss…….

• chisom

December 18, 2013 at 12:21 pm

kai! mz socially awkward…God bless u my darling!! plenty.

• SOLO ACT

December 16, 2013 at 12:29 am

white girls wear weaves all the time u dont see anyone shouting! please stop disgracing yourself here. asians have open eyelid surgery, they change their natural face shape. indians and filipinos bleach their skin, and arabs fix their noses in beverly hills all the time but do u hear anyone demonizing them? no its always black people that would shout and scream that someone is wearing too much weave. please if u want to cut ur hair short thats ur bizwax but if a girl wants to wear hair weaves plz dont talk crap about being “black”

• ao

December 16, 2013 at 12:38 am

Black females are between a rock-and-a-hard-place when it comes to their physical appearance. Generally speaking, if we go “natural” as in unrelaxed hair and/or no makeup, we are described as militant, manly, ugly, etc. If we weave it up/ relax it and/or wear makeup, we have to contend with being called “fake”, wanna be white, self-hating. And add skin tone to the mix and it’s all out war. It seems that we are the only race of women that have to be constantly on the defensive or be put on the defensive about our “natural” looks or enhancing our looks. I understand the history of white oppression of blacks and it being the root cause of the foregoing problem. We, including the men, also contribute to the problem by constantly bashing each other as described above and doing it openly. We are constanly airing our dirty laundry for other races to see and using each other to mop the floor. That is why the albanian girl felt empowered to ask you about weaves. However, all that aside, human beings, not just blacks, have been enhancing and adorning themselves in different ways since the cave man. Even the concenpt of hair weaving dates back centuries. In the past women used animal hair such as horse hair to add length to their hair or to give more support to structured hairstyles. Black women in the past, before relaxers, used threading to straighten their hair and it had nothing to do with wanting to be white. The ancient Egyptians wore plenty of wigs. European aristocrats in the 1700s wore powered wigs. Today, Europeans/whites, continue to enhance themselves and it is universally acceptable no matter what it is and they are not accused of self-hate: tanning to get darker, Botox to plump thin lips, changing hair color, wearing colored contacts, booty lifts and implants to get big butts, lipsuction to remove fat, breast implants, and yes, weaves. Go figure.

• Elena

December 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Please get over yourself Banny, so you wear you hair natural. so what. Does that make you better?. Your words sound so condescending ; as if just because your chose a different route makes you better in one kind of way.. abeg take several sits. I live in the US and several african american, white women where weaves, they have been wearing virgin hair this or that even before Nigerians went crazy about it. Its all about expression of oneself. Anyone can do so anyway they like..weaves, natural, braids whatever. I hope you dont wear makeup either … People like you are so annoying. Hiss

• chisom

December 18, 2013 at 12:23 pm

please if u dont want to wear weaves…leave others alone n stop crying

5. Melvy

December 15, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Pls wat is Uti wearing????? Caroline’s dress is
    breath-taking!!!

6. Hi

December 15, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Ikechukwu Onunaku is model – Tyson Beckford, that’s your
    competition!! Nice photographs. @BellaNaija.Com hi

7. Banny

December 15, 2013 at 1:14 pm

of*, any time*

8. Kelz

December 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

What a gorgeous frock Uti has on! flowing no
    less…….lmao. I cant 🙂

9. fbbbbbb

December 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Lola o, oh Lola, Mrs Okoye o, our own very victoria Beckham. She seems not to like d media.*still have mad love and resoect for you though*. Ikechukwu is hot, I perfectly agree with Hi.

10. lorenz

December 15, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Nice pictures and nice looking people too. But the designs don’t look impressive to me.

11. JustBrowsing

December 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Veronica’s Knees though ? Are the creams not working hard enough ? Yikes !
    And to the weave wearing ladies , can you just give it a rest ?
    Wonder what you look like without, I can bet some of you would actually look better and younger. Give it a try !

12. Amh

December 15, 2013 at 4:19 pm

@ banny, white women use extensions as well intact a lot. Sorry to blow your bubble. Extensions are used by women all over the world. I live abroad so I know hat am saying dear, it’s by choice you know, don’t be patronising. Beautiful guest though.

• Banny

December 15, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I am not saying they don’t use extension but the ones they use are close home. If I use afro extensions, then it is close to my natural hair. Weaves are outright artificial. Anyway, in this school I am now, will never use weaves, form accent or do anything that will make me seem not too close to natural. I am not the one to start shouting about hair but I will not put down people who do. I can only wish that women don’t do that. Anyway, I can only wish a lot – black skin not associated with poverty and stuff, our leaders do what they are suppose to do, Nigerians think about their actions before shouting it is our culture etc. I can only wish.

• CarliforniaBawlar

December 16, 2013 at 12:11 am

Do white women wear afro/kinky textured weaves?? mssschew! I don’t understand when what white people or other races did became the standard for what is right……
      Fact remains the texture of our hair is considered unattractive….simple!! now its left for you to go with the flow or embrace what God gave you. I”m not even judging you…just don’t go around giving half-baked excuses!!

13. Lagos Fashionista

December 15, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Lovely pictures

14. Anonymous

December 15, 2013 at 7:17 pm

This kinabuti girl is the most incredible self publicist I ever met. Seriously i need to get some tips from her. Her clothes are AWFUL and yet she always pulls a good crowd. Not just top of the line Lagos celebs either, I’m talking CNN, Daily Mail etc She is in the wrong business

• nomad

December 17, 2013 at 9:30 pm

1. Be white.
      2. Spout some bullshit about ethical fashion and giving back
      3. Design some truly fugulous shite
      4. Watch the cash flow in.

She ain’t selling that crap.

• chisom

December 18, 2013 at 12:25 pm

hahahahahahahahh! i swear down!

15. lala

December 15, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Jojo’s dress is hawt! Anyone got deets?

• Ndidi

December 16, 2013 at 1:24 am

her dress is by jovani 🙂

16. Ibukun

December 15, 2013 at 8:33 pm

God bless you Mz Socially Awkward! at Banny, seriously?? you let them get you feeling we are the insecure ones?! oh please. I can make out a whole long list of reasons why i will not leave my natural hair exposed for one day this winter, one of which is, the weather is cold and my hair is not long/full enough to give me the warmth i need up there; now, God help the person that will open their mouth to say anything condescending about my weave(which is MY HAIR because I PAID for it!) they won’t even dare anyway, nay they won’t! for crying out loud “wigology” is even gaining more grounds worldwide than before, so what’s all the kati kati?? i’m angry sef. i can never let one shortsighted semi-literate prude create standards for me to live my life, never! mschew…team natural kooo green revolution niii (i’m not saying the natural hair thing is not a cool concept, but please it should not be attached to anything more than what it is, “a cool concept”)

• Fashionista

December 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

Thank you jare Ibukun, dont mind Banny, allowing them to make her sound so insecure!

17. Hi

December 15, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Thank you fbbbbbb.

18. Anon

December 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm

Quite a few women with the panda eyed look. Not a good look. Love Tundun’s look. Otas’ skin looks so haggard.

19. Eve82

December 15, 2013 at 9:27 pm

I love me some Yeni Kuti! Uti na small small e de start b4 you run comot road. C.Danjuma looking good.

20. tea

December 15, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Mo Abudu, always smiling in pictures and onset, yet the meanest, coldest celebrity you can ever meet in Nigeria. See my 32 teeth when i ran into her, the look i got eh? okbye.

• Anon

December 16, 2013 at 10:32 am

You know her well.

• Anon

December 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

Is that you?

21. CarliforniaBawlar

December 16, 2013 at 12:13 am

22. SOLO ACT

December 16, 2013 at 12:31 am

abeg what is uti wearing lol this guy cracks me up! gotta love him

23. jinkelele

December 16, 2013 at 2:55 am

this dropped neck shirt style is what u see at gay bars or on ryan from x-factor. I dont want to see any man’s chest when he has a shirt on. Its bad enough that women a wearing triple lowcut shirts/blouses now the fashion will move to men too?

24. Omoruyi Efe

December 16, 2013 at 5:33 am

The only country where white people get away with fraud.A big breaking news about the fraudulent practices of these two women is about to break in 2014.When we first got this news we thought beef,however,it is as dirty as it comes.How they go about collecting money from companies in disguise of helpimg Nigerian girls.Most of those girls were used just for purpose of collecting money and Nigerian celebs are assisting them in this fraud.Wait for the breaking news and kina fraud will never be thesame again.And as for you Bella Naija ,i know you will not publish this.However,you can let them know that from now on they will have to watch their dirty moves.

• lyn

December 17, 2013 at 9:44 pm

who?

25. ogbono

December 16, 2013 at 6:24 am

do eku edewor’s with better bodies exist in naija?

26. lilz

December 16, 2013 at 8:13 am

Caroline looks yummy

27. Modella

December 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm

@Temidun totally love it too,one of my best look

28. Concerned_Boyfriend

December 16, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Bros, your “kponron” is on full display…Please put it on a leash!..Thanks but no thanks…

Concerned_Boyfriend.

29. chika

January 29, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Ok my proud African ladies in the house @Bammy succeded in telling us two things one

30. chika

January 29, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Ok my proud African Nigerian ladies in the house, @bammy succeded in telling us two things one she schools outside the shores of nigeria and two she lacks self confidence kpere! And shez ready to have some people put her down cos she can’t stand for herself and be a proud indigene of the most populous, fashionable and honestly one of the richest black countries in the world! Pardon her girls!

31. Amh

February 12, 2014 at 1:27 pm

@banny continue to feel like a house girl and a church rat nonsense, what do you mean natural ? The white wear more weaves than we do, I live in the western world. They tan have butt injection, lip enhancement, boob job all sorts, wet in concern you, you better wake up and build your self confidence the purpose of the oyinbo us yo make you feel small and unhappy about yourself. What if you adopt accent so . Have u not heard of finishing school where people polish themselves up and upgrade. In life you upgrade and turn yourself into whoever you want yo be, or you think Kate Middleton has not been schooled . Wake up from your little mousy character and speak back yo the ignorant fool with the right answer. You can wear weave or adopt accent or take up the elite hobby. It’s a free world. Am sure you are beautiful girl. Raise up your head walk tall and adopt that upper class’s clear diction. Nonsense.

32. Amh

February 12, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Horrible cloth mtcheew, also were. Wonder why the crowd.not wearable I can bet they r expensive.

33. Yinka Ogunbajo

February 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

All these ugly weaves! That’s what really stands out. The weaves/wigs actually disfigure these ladies’ natural beauty!! Can we see some normal hair styles pls! Natural /relaxed or braids! Geezzz