Music

eLDee’s Instagram Post on “Anti-Gay Sentiment” Sparks Fan Frenzy

BellaNaija.com

The Don speaks on how attacking someone’s sexual orientation isn’t different from racism or religious discrimination.

Business mogul Richard Branson recently announced his decision not to have business ties with Uganda because of the country’s “dreadful anti-gay laws”.

On Christmas eve, eLDee took to his Instagram page to share his thoughts on the issue.

He captioned the image showing Branson’s photo with “Hopefully, one day soon, Africa will realize that the #anti-gay sentiment is no different from racial or religious discrimination. #RaceCreedSexualOrientation #Discrimination”.

eLDee - December 2013 - BellaNaija

The post didn’t go unnoticed by his fans on the social media site. Here are a few of their replies;
eLDee 01 - December 2013 - BellaNaijaeLDee 02 - December 2013 - BellaNaijaeLDee 03 - December 2013 - BellaNaijaeLDee 04 - December 2013 - BellaNaija

Yesterday, he sent out a tweet on the issue.

1. Cancel Reply

December 26, 2013 at 5:58 pm

To the ignorant person that tweeted about pedophiles!!That argument is useless, weak and flawed on many levels!Are you even kidding me with that ignorant crap! A rapist/pedophile is performing an act that is injurious to someone else!Two consenting deciding to have sex with each other does not in anyway match up to a pedophile defiling a defenseless child. CONSENT is the operative word!

I am not even advocating for gay marriages in Africa, most heterosexual marriages within our continent are shams, so I could careless about marriage. What I care about is the punitive consequences gay people are faced with. It is totally unjust and please, we all know that half of our Naija male senators are chooking small boys. Who is fooling who!

• nd

December 26, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Could not have agreed with you even more. People and their
      baseless arguments and stupid comparison. Child molestation and i
      repeat child molestation is nothing compared to two consenting
      adults. smh

• Jay

December 26, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Easy with the invectives. Compare with the post u r bashing
      about. One is objective and constructive while the other is……..
      I’ll leave u to complete that. Btw paedophilia is a form of sexual
      orientation just as is homosexualism, zoophilia/bestiality etc. and
      the question here is; should they be respected as well. Mind u, ur
      2 consenting adults were never born that way, at least 5 in 10 were
      at one point in their life sexually abused by a paedophile
      adult.

• James

December 27, 2013 at 8:09 am

• James

December 27, 2013 at 8:08 am

Hi there, I am the ignorant person you speak of. Maybe if you took the time to READ ONBJECTIVELY, my comments. You would not be mentally lazy, and deduce what we were all trying to say instead of throwing insults as Nigerians will always do when they can not take time to answer objectively. read the comments below yours as a fellow Nigerian pointed out our points. Merry Christmas

• Donald-Landon

December 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Now tell me why other sins in your Bible or Quran don’t get the same penalty and treatment that is lashed at gays? Oh I know why : there seems to be sin categories when it comes to Christianity (big sin and tiny sin). As far as I am concerned Cancel Reply was pretty objective. Who the hell compares apples and oranges: a relationship between 2 consenting adults to forceful affair and bodily sexual harm to a fellow human being. Isn’t it ironic that it’s the same law makers and those pushing for the hate that are also guilty of sins in your Bible like: Stealing, lieing, slander, back biting, gossip, fornication, adultery, lust and so many others. Now tell me why these folks are not giving the same treatment. No one is asking you to agree with their lifestyle but to have respect for them as human beings. Just a couple of days ago 2 gays got lynched in some part of Nigeria while other people watched and cheered them on. Now tell me why other folks who have been guilty of other sins in your Bible having gotten lynched?? Not Everyone is a Christian or a Muslim. Some of us are hindus, buddhists, traditional worshippers, or don’t even believe in God at all. Isn’t it the same western folks that brought Christianity to Nigeria. Killing of twins used to be the norm in Nigeria and guess who came to correct the craze ‘the same western folks’. Why should everyone be lumped and forced to adhere to what is in your Bible. I am hindu myself and pure vegan and according to what I have chosen to believe in : eating any form of animal product is a sin and an abomination. Should I then force down my choice and beliefs in peoples throat like you are trying to do James: I don’t think so. Would it be OK for me to go lynching folks that eat animal products because I don’t agree with their eating lifestyle: I don’t think so either. I have friends from different sects of religion and while we might not agree on a couple of things : we still have mad respect for each other. You want people to respect your choice and beliefs as a christian but you are not willing to do the same.

December 27, 2013 at 2:44 pm

@ James, maybe if you weren’t mentally lazy, you would realize that there was an IG above yours (Yommizle), that transparently compared Pedophiles and Homosexuals.That was the comment I was referring to.

I actually agree with you and my take home point from both comments you made on Instagram, is tolerance and fairness!

• Bunmi

December 28, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Nigerians, my favourite negro hypocrites. The people who
      choose the kinds of “sin” to indulge in and chastise. Nigerians and
      their pretentious morales. The ones (not all) that will go to
      church to pray for rich married men to leave their wives for them
      or steal money from others & give it as tithe on Sunday. If
      you are anti-gay (because God disapproves of it & it’s in
      the bible) then you have to be against pre- phucking before
      marriage (control your congee), cheating, stealing (i am looking at
      you poor minded & fat government officials), adultery
      (which is a norm in Nigeria)- Don’t promise God you will be
      faithful to your husband /wife and next thing your black ass is
      laying with a different person.

• Bunmi

December 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I just want to say that I like you @Cancel Reply.
      I agree that some (not sure of most though) of these heterosexual marriages are shams. Some are nothing more than roommates/housemates who have kids together portraying Nollywood fictitious marriages. It’s the women & children I feel bad for because useless societal pressure on women to be married & the children did not plan their existence.
      And I have heard of young gay men who live well off servicing some of these rich men. As if the gays doing time will not have other playmates in jail. Foolishness. Denial is a b*tch.

2. toke

December 26, 2013 at 6:24 pm

This same Eldee that has not been able to revive his career.SMH.

• Okechukwu Ofili

December 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

What does this have to do with the price of pure water? #offtopicthingz

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Thank you and God bless you, this “controversial post” won’t spark his career either. Things like this happen, when u no lonegr have songs to sing in the studio, lmaooo. Wack ass musician. kmt

3. Rotimi Lawanson

December 26, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I wonder what is wrong with our stars. Always trying to belong and portray themselves as Western. Eldee we do not accept homosexuality as a lifestyle in most parts of Africa. The same way you cannot go to most of Europe or US and marry two wives. You will be arrested. Richard Branson is a BLOODY HYPOCRITE! If he is so opposed to what Uganda has done why doesn’t he pull Virgin Atlantic from UAE and all the Muslim countries where homosexuality is banned? Stupid man! You think you can come to Africa and impose your will on an African country. Go and tell DUbai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Turkey and every Muslim country that you will pull your airline out of there because they do not agree with your views.

• SpeakNoEvil

December 26, 2013 at 9:28 pm

When you say “we do not accept homosexuality,” are you
      speaking for just yourself or the whole of Africa (Nigeria
      specificically)? I don’t think that elDee was trying to portray
      himself as “western.” He was just pointing out the inhumane ways
      gays are treated in Nigeria and Africa at large. Nobody is imposing
      anything on Africans. It is a free market and he can decide where
      he wants to do business, and if he decides that Uganda is not
      favorable to his business interests, then that is his prerogative.
      Some of us here support the freedom of all adults to choose their
      own paths in life and what right do some people, like you, have to
      impose their intolerance on us? Live and let live.

• Zezee

December 26, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Thank you oh jare. Can you just imagine how stupid he is.

4. Shorthairdontcare

December 26, 2013 at 6:38 pm

How is being gay different from fornication and adultery? It’s a sin against God and is not different from the aforementioned sin. They are all the same as far as I am concerned, after all adulterous people were stoned in the bible so why are we not stoning them today? I don’t support gay marriages but people should focus on issues that directly concern them and leave adult people who want to nack each other alone. Nigerians are so annoying abeg, hypocrites shouting sin, sin while they are committing worse ones, what about all the ppl milking this country dry? The typical answer when such issues are brought up is ‘God will judge them’ how about letting God judge gay people? The same bible supported slavery so how come you all think slavery is a human right violation? It doesn’t hurt to mix wisdom and facts together. Call me whatever but I will continuously support the right for two adult people loving themselves irrespective of race, religion or gender!

5. Jaydyte

December 26, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Is eLDee indirectly telling ppl sometin?

Abeg, make u no kari oyinbo foolishness, freaky pasttime, and dirty indulgences and come pollute Naija, like the likes of you have not done enuff already there. If you want to participate in that mess, take it outside Africa esp. Naija bro. Tnx

• whocares

December 28, 2013 at 11:00 am

You need help. How does an appeal against discrimination mean he is gay himself? How is asking for people to be respected and treated right regardless of their sexual orientation a solely western idea, and he is coming to ruin Africa? This right here, you and your reasoning is the reason Nigeria is where it is. Under- developed.

6. new gurl

December 26, 2013 at 7:12 pm

We shuld hav d right T̅☺ b wif whoeva we want T̅☺ b wif..I like gurls but I luv guys… I support!

7. omoibo

December 26, 2013 at 7:13 pm

People! It’s called freedom of speech and he is entitled to his opinion whether or not you agree with him and if you disagree with him that’s very much okay too, shikena…..

8. deedee

December 26, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Ignorance in Africa is an epidemic. Look at those buffoons likening homosexuality to pedophilia…. oh wait, wasn’t it even Nigeria that was trying to legalize child marriage earlier this year, while simultaneously criminalizing homosxuality? smh

Hey dummies, if homosexuality is a sin, so is masturbation (even in the privacy of your home), wearing wool and cotton and the same time and eating shellfish like shrimp! Stop picking and choosing what is or isn’t a sin – it’s all or nothing!

• Okechukwu Ofili

December 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm

2013 is almost to a close and i think i just found the 2013 comment of the year! “oh wait, wasn’t it even Nigeria that was trying to legalize child marriage earlier this year, while simultaneously criminalizing homosxuality? smh”

• molarah

December 28, 2013 at 4:00 am

Erm, Mr Ofili, notice the ninja pose of yours on this post, hoping it will be duplicated on other bellanaija posts when ACTUAL ‘underdogs’ need defence….

9. Rageonthepage

December 26, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Well said eldee. I commend you for being the first person to come out and speak against this new law. It won’t make you popular. The first one out the door usually gets bloodied. I don’t understand the level of anger and hatred. The energy that some people expend thinking about other peoples sex lives. And comparing gay sex between consenting adults to paedophilia is just wrong. It displays such ignorance. Children are unable to give consent. They are robbed of their innocence and childhood. That’s the difference. People can be such hypocrites! If homosexuality is sinful. So is adultery, pre-marital sex, stealing, lying etc. I could go on. God does not judge sin on a curve.

10. Olori Tari

December 26, 2013 at 7:50 pm

In as much as I would never ever encourage homosexuality (it is against God and it just doesn’t suit my lifestyle)..in fact I cannot fathom why people would choose to be together with someone that pretty much has same features as them..I still believe we should learn to respect people’s sexual preference, as long as they are not intruding yours. Why is there a need to lynch grown ass adults who have chosen how they want to live their lives ? I mean it’s not like arm robbery where there’s always a victim or pedophilia where the lil kids are the victim or gun crimes and stuff where there are victims as a result of people’s preference. This one is two adults coming together and deciding what they want to do with their lives, they Get to CHOOSE their preferred partner (no victim involved). Please, there are other pressing issues in the world. Let me just finish with one of the reply Eldee wrote under this his post on Instagram ‘Humans always find justification for hate and discrimination’. However, Richard Branson should start from Nigeria, before I know he is serious.#EmptyThreats.

11. Morin

December 26, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I can’t believe that Nigerians, even the educated ones are still very shallow minded. The government should not control everything, having a few gays in the country does not affect anyone’s life or safety same way having people freely follow a certain religion does not threaten anyone. I understand if people are saying do not pass gay marriage law, but at the same time I don’t see y there should be a ban or criminal offence when you date someone of the same sex. It could b wrong religiously, but who knows what religious belief the other person has? So far it doesn’t hurt humans, I don’t see y it should be a crime. The government should be busy doing other things – not judging people’s sexual orientation. Gosh wakeup people – y do Nigerians get so angry when talks of gay ism come up yet these men go wild n excited when two women are making out geez

12. Kay

December 26, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Thank you Eldee. Those comparing homosexuality to paedophilia show they don’t think things through. How is raping a child(without consent) the same as two adults deciding to have sex with each other?

13. Stephanie

December 26, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Na wa oh…
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

14. bimpe

December 26, 2013 at 8:15 pm

So this topic is really starting to annoy me thats why i thought i must input my own thoughts even though it might be seen as unnecessary. firstly, just to establish, i support those that support gays and those that dont , i love and appreciate them. i have loads of friends that have chosen that path and they are honestly the best friends have ever had. God loves them very much so who am I to not do the same, just to establish.

I would say this and keep saying this western countries should stop bullying African countries because they have not concurred to enacting gay rights by reporting that they would not work with them nor support them if they dont submit enacting gay rights ie. Richard Branson, David Cameron. (Yall know thats a big lie and its only said just for public support, David Cameron to the fact that next election is coming up, Western world practically feeds on Africa).

The west needs to understand that Africans have EXCEPTIONALLY strong cultural beliefs, they live by their culture. Enacting gay rights means that their culture will be dead, their ancestral beliefs will be dead as well. The Western world have hardly no culture whatsoever especially England, they don’t even own their own food apart from chips of course.

90% of Nigerians don’t even recognise the word ‘gay’ nor its acts, why? because only 10% believe or follow the western ways. It is not about equality or ones rights being deprive but rather what is accepted in ones culture or not.

Gay rights being enacted means cultural beliefs will be set aside ie. submission to ones husband, essence of life being procreation, traditional marriage rights and many more. In doing so they turn their back against their ancestors, everything their fathers built will be dead just to satisfy the desires of less than 5% of Africans.

Getting to my main point until at least 50% of Africans recognise and accept this act thats when any gay laws should be enacted (i believe). In the UK no gay laws were enacted until more than 50% of them accepted it or recognised it with cases like R v A, even then ECHR could not do anything in order for parliament sovereignty to still reign.

Every country only enact laws for the interest of the public not the detriment of it. Therefore, if the public says NO, then it is a NO. To think of it maybe it about time African countries started sticking up for them selves and say no to western bullies.
    Eldee supporting it is just him tryna be western, would he let is daughter be gay?

December 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

You were made small sense till your last sentence “Eldee
      supporting it is just him tryna be western, would he let is
      daughter be gay?”

December 26, 2013 at 9:06 pm

“You were making small sense”

• Miss_Flygerian

December 26, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Lobatan!! Enough said.

• Kay

December 26, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Bimpe, when did your family become Christian? if you want
      to preserve what your ancestors built better go worship Osun/Ifa.

• SpeakNoEvil

December 26, 2013 at 10:03 pm

First, enacting gay rights will NOT be the death of African
      cultures as you so aptly put it. A few decades ago, it was
      culturally acceptable to kill twins, but that culture has been
      disregarded and African culture is not dead yet. We, people in
      general, have no obligation to follow everything our dead ancestors
      passed down to us especially if those things are detrimental to us.
      Culture was made for man and not man for culture. Secondly, I would
      really love to know where you got your numbers from? Do you have a
      source for those numbers or are you just making them up? 90% of
      Nigerians don’t recognize the word gay? Are you serious? Thirdly,
      your definition of cultural beliefs gives me cause for concern:
      “submission to ones husband, essence of life being procreation?”
      There is more to life than just procreation and the concept of a
      woman being totally submissive to her husband is one that is
      commonly misused in some parts of African, so rejecting these
      beliefs will not be all that bad. Again, enacting gay friendly laws
      will not mean that people have turned their backs on their
      ancestors and rejected everything their fathers built. It will only
      mean that people are learning to be much more tolerant. Finally, we
      don’t have to wait for everyone to support homosexuality before we
      can be compelled to do the right thing. The fact remains that the
      government is passing laws that are detrimental to homosexuals and
      that should be ceased. ELDee’s daughter’s sexual orientation has no
      bearing on this conversation and bringing it into this conversation
      reeks of irresponsibility and eLDee supporting homosexuality does
      not mean that he is trying to be western.

• bimpe

December 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm

that is one of my sources… if it soothes your ego. i agree, eldee daughter comment was an inappropraite and silly one which i do apologise for however, my point remains valid.

• Banimo

December 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm

@ speak no evil, you are the bomb.com!Your comment clearly articulates my sentiments!

• nomad

December 26, 2013 at 10:57 pm

If my son or daughter is gay, I’ll love him/her the same
      and welcome his/her partner the same

• nomad

December 26, 2013 at 10:59 pm

y’all going on about culture know NOTHING about it. Culture
      is not immutable. The white people brought religion that changed
      culture in Nigeria drastically

• bimpe

December 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm

yes the white people brought and change it drastically, so why dont we preserve the little we go left. my point is if africans dont want it, they simply dont want it then. they should not be bullied into accepting something they dont want. Eldee is however one of the minorities that do accept it. until this gay stuff is recognised then it should be enacted.

• lyn

December 31, 2013 at 5:20 am

Bimpe…you do realize that gays have always been in Africa. They were not called gay but they have always existed. As well as all the other color of the LGBTIQA rainbow. Ask around, and please encourage them to be honest

15. Ade

December 26, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Homosexuality as all sin is wrong and against God. If the
    British cannot legalize lying (Perjury) while legalize
    homosexuality. Those who live in teh U.K have over the last few
    years seen how this advocating for homosexuality has been
    militantly progressed so much so that people who disagree with them
    (Christians) are being ridiculed or worse. Nigeria, Africa, say NO
    to homosexuality.

16. jinkelele

December 26, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Those anti-gay laws in uganda are just plain evil, that
    being said homosexuality is banned in many core islamic states
    Richard Branson should have started there. However those countries
    have high economic power and as such no sanction or threat to
    remove aid would work there so Uganda is easy pickings
    smh.

17. Memiee

December 26, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I believe that every individual have a right to their
    sexuality! 5% of Nigerians are Bisexual… some are still
    struggling with their sexuality while some know already but are
    still leaving in the closet because of what the society will say. I
    bet you will be shocked by the number of people that will open up
    when it’s legalized.

FELLOW HUMAN BEING. EVERYBODY IS ALWAYS QUOTING THE BIBLE. REMEMBER
    THAT IS WAS THIS SAME BIBLE THAT WHITE MEN USED AS A JUSTIFICATION
    TO PACK SLAVES AND KILL BLACKS ALL IN AFRICA AND ALL OVER THE
    WORLD.

19. FJD

December 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Biko eldee you dey pull trouble leg

20. troublemaker

December 26, 2013 at 11:11 pm

smh, homosexualism has existed for a whilllle now. its
    something people should ignore if they are against it. regardless
    let everyone live their lives as far as no one disturb you.
    #iammindingmybusiness #leteveryonedowetindemwando #liveyourownlife
    #tolerateagainstallodds TO EACH HIS OWN.

21. Bukky

December 26, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Africa must never allow this ” lifestyle ” and must be
    strong! Has the western world ever stood up for Africa on matters
    that truly matter? Corrupt leaders ( WHich they continually do
    business with)? , so many problems that are actually really Afrcan
    problems? Bloody hypocrites! No to Homosexuality in Africa! This is
    why western countries are so hated around the world !

• Tanwa

December 27, 2013 at 3:06 am

But it is the west that brought you the bible and Christianity. The west that thought you to read and write in their language. The west that abolished the killing of twins, vaccinations to prevent childhood disease, western education, technology and some day a drug to cure all manners of ignorance. But bukky I can see your point, it may be advisable for you to withdraw back to your village , put up a mud hut and worship at your shrine. That will show your true distain for everything western. Am sure many will follow suit and in time you will have a large commune of followers like the legendary Jim jones. All by yourselves living away from civilisation following what ever draconian rules you set up . It will be such a beautiful civilisation, instead of television you guys will entertain yourselves by stoning disobedient rule breakers. God luck to you.

• Bleed Blue

December 27, 2013 at 11:35 am

@Tanwa…high 5 and chop knuckle. Sense has been made here!

• Wooooo

December 29, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Christianity came from God not white people.

• Tanwa

December 29, 2013 at 9:56 pm

@woooo so God introduced Christianity to your ancestors in the village and they decided to build a shrine to Jesus Christ and spread the gospel through out Nigeria. Thats pretty profound, so those white missionaries were really your people dressed in Eyo Iga olowe salaye preaching the gospel. Woooooooooow.

• Donald-Landon

December 28, 2013 at 1:29 am

‘This is why western countries are so hated around the world’ -They are so hated to the extent that Nigerians and other african countries are the same ones crowding their embassy.

• Excuseme!

December 31, 2013 at 12:33 pm

@Donald-Landon

Yes, the same way they crowded our shores back then when they were not yet advanced and felt the need to come to Africa and scramble for our resources whilst enslaving scores of Africans and shipping them to the new world against the will of the Africans. Go and read the book “the scramble for Africa” and educate yourself.

• Karma

December 31, 2013 at 1:17 pm

@excuseme yes o! It’s becos they misinterpreted certain text in the good book that told them blacks were cursed savages and that slavery was therefore permitted. It was the scientific ones who fought for the abolition even before the greedy african chiefs stopped selling their own people. And even today slavery is still practiced in Nigeria in the guise of house helps . The bible still misinterpreted

22. Fair game

December 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm

It. Homosexuality is unnatural. A perversion of nature. The
    design of a man and woman tells you that. Love is not lust.
    Homosexuality is borne out of lust not love. And homosexuality is
    not about human rights. The word in itself disqualifies it from
    being categorized a such. A woman is a woman all by herself. A
    black person is. Black person all by himself or herself. A child is
    a child all by himself or herself so also a man. One is not defined
    as a woman based on their relationship with another human. ANd it
    is in such context that you can talk about human rights. So
    homosexuality falls off and if not for the demonic western agenda
    to sodomomize the world under the guise of human rights, we should
    not be discussing homosexuality here. It is simply not a human
    rights issue. It simply does not qualify as such. It is about 2
    humans not human. It is about what a person wants to do in their
    bedroom and with whom they prefer to do it. It is simply detestable
    and sickening to have everyone discussing sex. That is in fact the
    success the homosexuals have achieved. Soon bestials will say it is
    their right too to sleep with say the dog they love. And guess
    what, the UN will term that human rights. After all some foolishly
    argue that the government should not legislate what happens in a
    person’s bedroom. And so you ask do such people even understand the
    role of government? We the people deceive what we want in our
    society and the government helps in putting the law in place. We do
    not want the demonic abnormality called homosexuality under
    whatever guise. Paedophilia and homosexuality and incest and
    bestiality are one and the same. Perversion of the highest order.
    Higher in ranking to adultery and fornication. If an 18 year old
    has sex with aunderage children be it 13 year olds, 12, 11, 10,
    …..he is a paedophile where her or not the 13 year old consented
    to it….homosexuality and paedophilia are manifestations of same
    demonic disease. Now to Richard Branson, he is simply a hypocrite.
    Why is he still in the UAE? And in Qatar? He thinks Uganda is a
    soft target? Silly fellow. He should pack and go and get out of
    Nigeria too if he is still in Nigeria.

23. Tanwa

December 26, 2013 at 11:35 pm

The senate should also pass a motion that says any newly we’d woman who is found not to be a virgin on her wedding night be stoned to death. After all it’s also in the bible. A seemingly victimless crime but insidiously dangerous to our nigerian moral standards like homosexuality. If we are going the moral path it should be all or notting. Only then can it be justified and not hypocrisy based on prejudice . Also jail sentences for crayfish sellers and people who wear mix fabrics in the name of fashion. Again very dangerous sin that could lead to the extinction of Nigeria. Am sure if we all google there are a whole lot of other SIN that can be used to target people .Now people are going to talk about culture and tradition in which case nigerian men should be allowed to marry as many women as they like, and women should shut up and stay in the bedrooms and kitchen. Birth control is a sin , population control should be by natural culling only.

24. sara

December 27, 2013 at 12:09 am

It’s sad that articles about homosexuality get more attention that those about nonprofits helping the less fortunate or fighting corruption in Nigeria. SMH

25. Omo Ghana

December 27, 2013 at 12:43 am

Once again, several people missing the point. Its truly scary knowing that we have so much anger, bitterness, hatred…in our hearts. Why criminalise what we cannot comprehend? Why pick one religious offence and then pretend we are all not sinners – remember the 10 commandments? Why are we so quick to call tolerance ‘western’? Tolerance is a blessing to any nation – it breeds peace.

This all does not make sense to me…
    We need to be kinder people. But most importantly if we say we believe in God, the let God do his thing. Passing judgement of a bunch of individuals for ‘crimes’ commited against religion is waaaaaaay above us…it’s not our place.

Angry people….breathe…

26. Charis

December 27, 2013 at 1:03 am

Hmmmmm, soon there’d be fights for the right to sleep with animals. We are watching dear world.

• Felinda1

December 27, 2013 at 5:45 pm

WE ARE IN THE LAST DAYS
      SO DEFINITELY THAT ISTHE NEXT AGENDA
      RIGHTS TO FCK ANIMALS AND MARRY THEM AS MOST EUROPEANS (ESP GERMANY) HAVE ALREADY STARTED DOING. THEY FCK DOGS, HORSES ETC

• whocares

December 28, 2013 at 11:08 am

How you arrive at this conclusion, I will never know, and i dont even want to know or try to work out. He is asking for homosexual people to be respected. That is people who love people of the same sex, the same sex being the same species. That’s by the way. You do realise there is more to being homosexual than just sex? No maybe you dont. well there is. They are people too, so they are capable of love and other feelings. Thirdly, how is wanting to be with another man or another woman hurting you personally. How does it affect you? If you take your mind off their bedroom matters and afford them the privacy you would an heterosexual couple then you should be able to sleep easy at night really. The floodgate argument like you proposed has never made much sense to me. It is an irrational fear and does not even comes close to the issue at hand.

• tiwa

December 28, 2013 at 4:37 pm

e tire me o

27. haba

December 27, 2013 at 1:44 am

Abeg homosexuality must not be legalised in nigeria o. Its a sin same with fornication and adultery and they too are bot legalised.

• Tosin

December 29, 2013 at 7:43 pm

i dey laugh o. a lot of criminal fornication and adultery going on I guess.

28. Thelma

December 27, 2013 at 2:10 am

Oh my. That last person just voiced my sentiments. I have nothing more to add.

29. Vicks

December 27, 2013 at 2:44 am

I can not believe I have read some of the most ignorant comments coming from what I will like to believe are educated people. People are acting like just because one may be assimilated with gay people that they will become gay themselves. Maybe you guys who have such hate for gay people need to ask yourself why because if you tell me it is because the bible said so then you guys need to have honest conversations with yourself and maybe reconsider other aspects of your life.

I am not gay, never have and never will but I will treat every individual I come across with the utmost respect whether I agree with their life style or not. In all of God’s teaching in the bible, the main message that was thought was loving your neighbor as yourself. Where do some of you people get off judging the way a person chooses to live their life when it does not affect you in anyway shape or form? Get the hell out of here with the BS…

In other news–how about we talk about the debt crisis in the world, or all the wars being fought around the world, oh how about beyonce’s new cd?!?!? Anything other than this stupidness that have people going in a frenzy acting like by touching a gay person they will become gay….smh

30. Tosin

December 27, 2013 at 3:17 am

Word! That’s why he’s the don. Respect.
    It’s hopefully only a matter of time. #proudlynaija

31. erica D

December 27, 2013 at 3:23 am

Nigeria as a country, and Africa as a continent is highly religious. First of all, pedophiles are people that have sex with children, who are in most cases non-consenting. It is a form of sexual abuse. Homosexuality on the other hand are two mature adults who have chosen to love themselves. Please they are very different, so for those who are misinformed and have likened both to be the same, I will encourage you to get informed. Make google your friend. Been a pedophile IS NOT sexual orientation.

Back to the matter, as a Christian, our religion does not permit homosexuality, same way it does not permit stealing, lying, murder, back biting, gossip and slander, fornication and adultery. Our society is HIGHLY CORRUPT in these other areas, particularly in the case of fornication, adultery, stealing, lying and murder. It is an irony that the law makers that termed homosexuality a punishable offense based on religion, are equally as guilty in the eyes of God as the homosexuals they are condemning. We need to know that before Gods eyes, SIN IS SIN. One is not more serious than the other. We may classify and categorise them differently here on earth, but before Gods eyes, whether you are steal public funds, lie that you are on your way to the office when you are actually at home, cheat on your spouse, sleep with your boyfriend, have abortion, look at another persons husband or wife seductively with lust in your heart even without doing the do, you are as equally guilty before God as the homosexuals you are condemning.

I don’t know how the actions of homosexuals affect good governance or affect electricity issues, or affect our educational and doctors strike, or affect domestic violence. But I do know and it is common knowledge how the corruption through bribery, stealing, and lying of our law makers has affected all the issues mentioned above. That is the major problem now in Nigeria. Since we claim to be religious, why don’t we focus on improving our economy and governance, and allow God, the best judge to judge those who are guilty BEFORE his own eyes.

What is even pissing me off right now is that the majority of Nigerians screaming homosexuality is a sin, will go and commit fornication, or adultery (which is highly rampant in our society), and then go to church on Sunday morning to continue the same sinful actions on Monday evening are very easy to judge and condemn others.

I love everyone, however, I just don’t agree with some peoples actions and behaviours, and how they have chosen to live their lives. Yet I wont condemn them or judge them. Its not my place nor is it your place.

32. Deedee

December 27, 2013 at 6:56 am

Whatever the case, i do not support homosexuality and never
    will, abeg it must not be legalized in Nigeria, because of its long
    term effect on the population and religious beliefs,
    #enuffsaid

33. nene

December 27, 2013 at 8:28 am

publciity stunt. he got what he was looking for: ATTENTION. anyone who knew/knows eldee from unilag knows he loves the ladies.

34. Cilla James

December 27, 2013 at 10:08 am

I don’t believe in gay marriages but I do believe that the Law should grow/change as the society does. Gays in Africa should be allowed to do what they want!!! I support Eldee’s argument. We have so much to worry about that being gay is the least of it all. Lets start with the issues of the greedy men in power rather than discussing someone’s sexuality. At the end of the day there is only one judge and that is God.

35. lola

December 27, 2013 at 12:36 pm

The way this GAY issue is going,people would start
    embracing it.For me,Homosexuality,Adultery,Fornication,Stealing and
    killings are all bad.But my question is,if your father was a
    gay,would he have giving birth to u?

36. TT

December 27, 2013 at 1:04 pm

CONSIDERING ELDEE’S POSITION ON THE SUBJECT MATTER, WITHOUT THE FEAR OF GOD AND THE TEACHINGS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH WHICH I BELIEVE HE PROFESSES, THEN IT IS MY FERVENT PRAYER THAT BOTH OF HIS TWO DAUGHTERS WILL ONE DAY IN THEIR ADULTHOOD TELL DADDY THEY INTEND TO BE MARRIED AND IN TURN BRING HOME THEIR HUSBAND TO BE, WHO LO AND BEHOLD SHALL BE A WOMAN. THEN THE HEN WOULD HAVE COME HOME TO ROOST. THIS IS MY PRAYER TO GOD FOR ALL AND SUNDRY WHO SUPPORT A PRACTICE AND ORIENTATION THAT IS AN ANTITHESIS OF GOD’S HOLY LAWS TO MAN. THIS I PRAY IN JESUS NAME, AMEN.

December 27, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Considering that you call yourself a Christian, your comment reeks of judgement and is downright bigoted. People like you are always so ready to attack when you sense that someone is not hateful towards Gays. If for one second, you took your sanctimonious head out of your ass, you would realize that that the singular issue Eldee addressed was fairness! Can you please point out the where Eldee wrote that he supports the act of homosexualism? I am not even a Christian but I know that when a mob gathered to stone the adulterous woman in the bible, Jesus did not allow it? At that point, did he not ask for fairness from the crowd? Did it mean that he endorsed her adulterous act? Your comment is shallow righteousness at its peak! It is disgusting and your behavior has nothing to do with the Christian faith you are screaming at us all.

• whocares

December 28, 2013 at 11:11 am

Let me remind you of one of the teachings i held on to from church. All sinners will go to hell. The liars, thieves, .. all sinners. If Homosexuality is a sin too, then yes they will go to hell, but guess who will be burning right beside them? People who could not/ would not love their neighbours like themselves. Jesus said to “go into the world and preach the gospel”.. he did not ask you to judge the world, or punish the people in it for things you do not approve of, that is for him to do, and it is for you to love them. So sit there in your judgemental throne.. Your time will come.

37. tish

December 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Eldee just wants to trend…a way to restart his failing career…LOLZZZ

38. damsel

December 27, 2013 at 2:27 pm

See people writing epistles cos of gayism. Na wa oh! lets deal with it- gay people exist and all dey want is wat we r giving dem- dis type of attention. this only sparks up curiousity in straight people and d gaydar grows….

39. Hmmm

December 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm

No matter what anyone says whether you accept it or not. I don’t believe in gay marriage. It is against my religion. But then again it doesn’t mean you should be wicked to them. According to Christianity yes God sees it as a sin and all sin are equal. It all says to love your number it is my job as christain to help my fellow gay brother or sister pull them towards God and change their ways. I don’t know why people on blogs or this one to be specific are always trying to force their opinions on people. It no be by force. Eldee it’s not just to screen shot influential people’s opinions and then post it. If you want something done go to the government and change their mind. It will take a longggggggggg while before Nigeria accepts gay marriage.

40. Felinda1

December 27, 2013 at 5:40 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    THE WESTERN WORLD SHOULD STOP SHOVING THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA DOWN EVERYONES THROAT, ENOUGH ALREADY.

WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR BOOTY HOLE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS IS NOBODYS BUSINESS BUT DONT SHOVE OR FORCE THIS AGENDA ON EVERYONE GLOBALLY

NOW THEIR NEW AGENDA IS BOYCOTTING RUSSIA FOR THE NEW ANTI GAY LAWS.

YOU WILL HAVE TO KILL US AFRICANS IF YOU WANT TO BRING THIS BULLSHYT ON OUR LAND.

IF YOU LIKE TRY IT.

41. T.c

December 27, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Dear Eldee,would you have ever spoken up for gays if the whites didn’t start this advocacy thing first? You supporters of gays are not as reasonable or free-minded as go about portraying yourself,you are just been too western! That’s just the truth. You just start thinking differently about the values we share/uphold as africans just cos the whites have embraced that lifestyle and just like any other thing they have “imposed” on us in the name of civilization,you guys just can’t help but agree! For once,let’s reject this one thing they are trying to push down our throats. This one thing we all know somewhere in our ‘AFRICAN CONSCIENCE’ is bad and so not right!

• Donald-Landon

December 28, 2013 at 1:23 am

Why didn’t Nigeria reject it when it came to killing of twins. Isn’t it the same white man and western people that came and ensured that madness stopped. Back in the days traditional god worshipping was what was practiced in Nigeria and guess who brought Christianity to Nigeria — the same said white man. Nobody is asking you to agree with their lifestyle but to have respect for them as fellow human beings.
      –African Conscience: I have said it before and I will say it again that our dear Nigeria is land of misplaced priorities. I guess looting money and pilfering is part of our identity as Nigerians. Not too long ago Stella Oduah used tax payers money to buy some useless bullet proof car for herself meanwhile you have some aviation employees whose earnings have not been paid for the past 8 months, plane crashes here and there that could be avoided (if someone wasn’t looting money that is supposed to be used for aircraft maintenance) and then you have our international airport practically falling part and looking like structures that were built in the 1600’s. Why is the craze uproar when it comes to cases like these. In addition, public hospital doctors are on strike for the 3rd time this year because some of them having gotten paid their salaries for the past couple of months and some as bad as 2yrs with no earnings. This is happening because some a** somewhere is looting money that is supposed to used for public medical staff salary. The same goes for college and tertiary educational system in combination with the Asuu strike that just ended: how do you expect a professor who hasn’t gotten paid his salary for the past 1.5 yrs to show up in class. These people are humans like you. How are they supposed to fend for themselves and their family or pay medical bills when the need arises. Some family out there can’t pay their children’s tuition because they have’t gotten paid their salary. A couple of months ago a public hospital doctor in Lagos lost his 2 kids because he couldn’t afford to take them to a specialist doctors due to 2yrs salary delay. Or should we talk about the irony of Nigeria being the 7th largest crude oil nation in the world and we still suffer from gas scarcity and no constant power supply. The simple basic amenities of life isn’t even available to a large proportion of. Nigerians. Aren’t these the issues you and I are supposed to be fighting blood and sweat(channeling our energy to) for and raising uproar against instead of what 2 consenting adults (not kids) are choosing to do with their sexual orientation. The same law makers are looting money and sending their kids for medical checkup to first world nation while our medical system here continually decays at a decreasing rate. Isn’t it crazy that the president of the nation goes for basic medical services and appointment in another country. Yes that is how bad things have gotten. At what point are we going to hold this people accountable. I guess people would rather fight wars that don’t matter than the ones dangerously plaguing us and affecting our entirety.
      Lastly, I find it quite hypocritical that the some (not all) of the folks lashing out about the gay issue use designer brand names like –Marc Jacobs, Fendi, Versace, Tom Ford, Ferragamo, MAC, L’oreal, Revlon, Armani, Christian Dior (the list is endless) that are majorly owned or managed by gays. I don’t have to agree, adhere to, or like someone’s lifestyle or beliefs – for as long as they are not causing harm or oppressing anyone they would have my mad respect for them as a human being irrespective of the differences. One Love!

• whocares

December 28, 2013 at 11:15 am

At this moment, I am in love with you. If you were to come before me with a ring, a bottle of malt and puff puff and proposed. I would be screaming hells yeah!! loool (malt and puff puff are essential as I havent had them in a while)

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Is polygamy a crime against humans? Is it a bad thing?
      Afterall is not two consenting adults that agree to that? So why is
      it criminalised in all the western countries? Afterall if you are
      not happy that your husband is marrying a second wife, you leave
      him, if not you stay there and live with your co wife, isn’t it?
      Now your response to this matter will determine if your are really
      fair or outrightly stupid. Btw stop comparing the killing of twins
      to anti homosexuality, the twins had no choice, but the homosexuals
      had choices and they made the WRONG one, so they should take
      whatever that’s coming to them in good faith, you can’t eat your
      cake and have it.

• Donald-Landon

December 28, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I am actually not in support of criminalizing polygamy. If a man or woman chooses to have more than one spouse – I believe it’s their prerogative and as long as they are not harming anyone I am cool. If you read and understood my reference to the killing of twins was made as a response to those people proclaiming how much they detest the western culture but it was this same western culture that stopped the killing of twins in Nigeria. I guess Australia, New. Zealand, UK, Canada, USA have the wrath of God upon them that is why we go there to school, shop, eat and beg them to allow us to live there. Who determines what is morally right or wrong? Morality is quite subjective especially when it pertains to Nigeria. Like I said in one of my responses above I am Hindu and eating meat and any form of animal product is an abominable sin and wrong due to what I have chosen to believe in. Would it fair for me to go lynch people that are eating animal product because I think it’s wrong as an Hindu–no I don’t think so. I accord everybody the same respect irrespective of differences. Do you see where I am going with this. So what is wrong is morally right to you might be wrong for me and vice versa.
      It is immoral for 2 consenting adults of the same gender to have a relationship, but very moral for a man to beat the sh*t out of his wife with no penalty rendered. It is moral for a man to have multiple mistresses outside his marriage and infect his wife with STD’s with no penalty rendered; it is moral an ok for law makers and politicians to loot money at the detriment of other people’s family. — So when are we having the bills passed for those ones I have listed up there. If you are going to use Christianity to back your point then don’t pick and choose sin. I believe the Bible lists adultery, slander, backbiting, stealing, killing, lieing, gossiping : please kindly extend your righteous indignation to all these sins too and pass them to the law makers. I am all for tolerance and respect for people’s beliefs, lifestyle or religion as long as no one is being oppressed or harmed. One Love!

42. King of Hearts

December 28, 2013 at 12:41 am

On that note,Keep the good work Eldee- (if it was a sincere post) If you all had this amount of intelligence, opinions and ideologies demonstrated on this post to your malnourished, starved and deformed lifestyles, I am sure, you all should have own a jet or two by now. (feel free to come for me %gayguysdontjoke%) you all are likely to be shocked as to the numbers of married(heterosexual) gay nigerians present in Nigeria and outside of the country(amazing-Ladies and few men get tested). Including the so called high profiled personalities (do not make me write a”Tell All Book”)and some few men on here, who have commented on this post. Readers, the most hateful comments you find on this post are written by Gay guys in denial(%youshallbeoutedbyforce%) I wont write too much, as i want my comments to be post. Like i said, FEEL FREE TO COME FOR ME

• Tosin

December 29, 2013 at 7:59 pm

So true. People are really suffering sexual-psychological confusion, and these people can hate gay people so much. I don’t know if it’s counseling or prayer that can help some people. It’s true everywhere – the fervent anti-gay crusader ends up being shown to be gay gay gay gay! Free yourself, be yourself, stop beating yourself up.
      Unfortunately, there are not many places where people can get help…sometimes even the doctors, pastors, and advisers will compound the problem with bad advice.
      My own advice for those basing things on the Bible is : The old testament sort of sucks. It’s got too much violence, for real. Focus on the new testament.
      Quiz question: why is it that when you say something in support of homosexuality or even just to say hey, leave them alone, the next thing folks come up with is “is there something you want to tell us” or “i’m sure you’re gay.” (Like that’s such a bad thing lol.)

43. dram

December 28, 2013 at 1:23 am

God’s word declares it SODOMY to be a sin, over and over again. The very first time “Sodom” occurs in the Bible God sends us a sound warning: “But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.” (Gen. 13:13) In Genesis 18:20, we are told that the sin of Sodom is “very grievous.” Then in Genesis 19:4-7 we read of a case where the Sodomites seek sexual relations with a total stranger! Shortly after this incident, God destroys their entire city because He couldn’t find even ten righteous people dwelling there.
    Later, in the book of Leviticus, some very sharp warnings are given about sodomy. Leviticus 18:22 says, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” Then Leviticus 20:13 says, “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” Webster defines an “abomination” as “extreme hatred” and “detestation.” That’s how God feels about sodomites.
    Hundreds of years later we read that sodomites are in the land and they are committing “abominations” (1 Kings 14:24). King Asa, a good king over Judah, did “that which was right in the eyes of the Lord” when he “took away the sodomites out of the land” (1 Kings 15:11-12). Several years later there were still some sodomites left in the land, so King Jehoshaphat, the son of King Asa, also did that which was RIGHT in the eyes of the Lord by taking the sodomites OUT of the land (1 Kings 22:43-46). We also read that King Josiah did the “right” thing when he “brake down the houses of the sodomites” (2 Kings 22:2; 23:7).
    In Isaiah 3:9, God makes reference to the boldness of the people who commit this grievous sin: “The show of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.” Is this not a perfect description of the modern day sodomites who parade up and down the streets demanding their rights? Ezekiel 16:49 says that PRIDE is a chief sin of the sodomites. Perhaps this is why we read about “Gay Pride” parades. Proverbs 16:18 says, “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”
    Some say only the Old Testament speaks against sodomy but that the New Testament is silent about it. This is not true. The New Testament clearly condemns this sin. Romans 1:21-27 speaks about the sodomites. Paul says they are vain in their imaginations, they steal God’s glory, they are foolish, unclean, vile, and against nature. In II Peter 2:6, the word “ungodly” is used in connection with sodomy. Paul said in I Corinthians 6:9 that these people would not inherit the kingdom of God.
    Friend, sodomy is wicked in the eyes of God!

• chinasa

December 28, 2013 at 5:03 pm

SODOMY IS A WORD COINED FROM THE PLACE SODOM. THE WORD SODOMY IS NOT USED IN THE BIBLE AS AN ADJECTIVE. THE SIN OF THE SODOMITES INCLUDED ABUSE OF STRANGERS,NEGLECTING THE POOR AND NEEDY AND STIGMATIZING OF OUTSIDERS. THEY USED SEXUAL AGGRESSIVENESS TO INTIMIDATE STRANGERS JUST AS MEN IN JAIL WOULD RAPE ANOTHER MALE JUST TO SUBJUGATE THEM. MY FRIEND SODOMY INVOLVES ALL KINDS OF WICKEDNESS AGAINST ANOTHER HUMAN. THAT WILL ALSO INCLUDE IGNORANCE, AS THIS HAS BEEN THE BASIS OF SOME OF THE WORST CRIMES TO BE COMMITTED AGAINST THE HUMAN RACE, SLAVERY,WAR RAPE, PAEDOPHILIA, RACISM, CORRUPTION, . LOVE BETWEEN TWO CONSENTING ADULTS HAS NO VICTIM. MISUSE OF THE HOLY TEXT TO INCITE HATE IS A SIN ABOVE ALL SINS. THUS THE GOOD BOOK SAYS DO NOT JUGDE AND DO ON TO OTHERS AS YOU’LL EXPECT FROM THEM. IF YOU USE THIS AS YOUR FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIANITY YOU WILL FIND PEACE AND PEOPLE WILL KNOW YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN BY YOUR FRUIT.

44. Donthavetimeforrubbish.

December 28, 2013 at 1:28 am

Only GOD can judge, all we can do is to pray that we are not sucked into this mindset to accept what does not feel right.

45. molarah

December 28, 2013 at 4:14 am

Thankfully, as with the hype on social change and revolution in Nigeria, we can safely trust that this new ‘gay pride’ hype will not make the transition from online banter to offline action. Bwahahahaha!

Gay rights activists, y’all need to find a better use of your time. If your eyes have not ‘opened’ well enough to understand that this is all propaganda with sickening motives then I don’t know what hope is there for you. I challenge you to do your brain a treat before the year runs out: go and sit with a doctor and find out what kind of cocktail of medical conditions trail the homosexual lifestyle. Go and research how many black American men’s lives have been cut short due to the AIDS epidemic brought about by their homosexual lifestyles (I even recall Beyonce sharing a story of one of her beloved uncles who died tragically due to this when asked about her stance on homosexual issues). Go and read history and find out what havoc this cultural curse wreaked on civilizations long past. Move away from all this bible-bashing arguments (that are simply untrue) that you are simply parroting from your western brain-wash machinery and learn the real truths on homosexuality for yourself. A word is enough….

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 3:48 pm

As in ee, lol. I don’t really understand this guys sha, if you are replicating or imitating a heterosexual rship in the supposed gay rship, as in for the homosexuals, one has to act like the lady and then the other one has to act like the man, ( I know because I work with these guys) then what’s the need? Is that not the height of stupidity? I mean why go for imitation while you can have original? Don’t we see people who love imitaion over original as being sick or stupid? So in that sense should we also celebrate stupidity and sickness? If you a homosexual is looking to adopt a child ( a product of heterosexual affair) then I am not wrong if I say that you are sick! Its either you become homosexual and embrace everything that comes with it, such as childlessness and the hate, simple or you re adjust your self to being a heterosexual as you were originally born to be.
      Homosexuality is a strange and an unnatural way of life and the last time *I check people are always wary of strange and unnatural things. So if you like embrace stupidity and sickness ooo, all these online gay activists, lmao, when u guys come out, we shall slap the stupidity out of you and your brain will reset. Buffoons. una dey craze.

46. Oyin

December 28, 2013 at 4:40 am

Well, time for Africa as a whole, Nigeria to develop economically. Those Developed Arab or Asian countries that have deadly laws have right to do what they want in their country and people like Richard Branson is not threatening to not do business with them. Ugandan, should be allowed to rule the country as they choose. I mean, look at the type of brutality happening in North Korea, Ugandan is not on that level. Nigerians are copy cat, have no mind of their own, everything the west does is right. Eldee should be ashamed of himself, and I see he’s a bigger fool than I thought. So many issues to protest for and speak against in that corrupt country, he chose to speak of homosexuality . This gay agenda/move is evil bcos now u have no freedom of speech to stand on ur belief. It’s rather scary but the truth will always remain the truth. Africans develop. Yourselves, and don’t allow any old colonizers to bully u again.

47. Meredith

December 28, 2013 at 5:21 am

Look at who is talking! ElDee? The most homophobic human being alive??? Don’t even get me started, if I start rantng about ElDee’s behavior right from Unilag days when he was reading Architecture to what he even says behind supposed-gay-entertainers backs about them….BellaNaija would go and open another site for me.
    Lanre Dabiri, stop the pretense. We know your ways. We should ask a certain presenter in the industry how ElDee treated him back in school.

• She formerly known as Knut

December 29, 2013 at 2:12 am

People change… so if you want to make a case, you need to come up with current stories of Eldee’s homophobia.

48. Ola

December 28, 2013 at 6:50 am

This same whites brought religion to us. Which is the best ever… They brought education, technology, including your computer/Internet that you used to make your comment, etc, a lot of other things you use daily, why do u want to accept some and not all? Or why not just reject all and go back to village farming and living that nomadic life? Then I will take you seriously about rejecting white people.

• Amaka

December 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm

You shut up your stinking moouth if you dont have anything better to do or say, that’s all the defense you can come up with, so if they say sleeping with your sibling is a new trend and that its acceptable you mumu will accept it, because they brought technology and all what not? I cant believe how stupid and gullibe people can be, and yet they say that they are the ‘knowlegdeable’ ones, if I hear…

• tiwa

December 28, 2013 at 5:36 pm

your response reflects how ‘knowlegdeable’ you are. i see you rebelling against English words and creating your own igbotic ones. you go girl, show them how gullible they are.

49. Charis

December 28, 2013 at 3:54 pm

“The natural. Is that which has the same validity everywhere and does not depend upon acceptance”- Aristotle. #nuffsaid

50. angel

December 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm

why would the sincere love between two consenting adults concern any body. why are people so concerned about how others conduct themselves behind closed doors. how pathological and perverted can peoples minds be thinking about other peoples genitals and were they choose to stick it into. ITS UNNATURAL TO HAVE THAT PHONOGRAPH Y IN YOUR BRAINS STOP IT NOW. meanwhile the operational word is LOVE. Some people are so preoccupied with SEX SEX SEX. It makes one wonder at the objectives of these so called soldiers of Christ. Shame on your corrupt minds.

51. kiki

December 28, 2013 at 8:19 pm

ElDee are u gay? Open up now…..

52. tunde

December 29, 2013 at 2:16 am

na wah o

53. Stephanie

December 29, 2013 at 10:04 am

54. navida

December 29, 2013 at 7:30 pm

All of you responding to Eldees stupid post abi because he’s in the spotlight when did he become african american or south african that he should be talking about racism and wat not let alone comparing it to something else. eldee baeg go and advocate for free primary education in ur state olodo.

55. Moh

December 29, 2013 at 10:59 pm

So eLDee and all the other gay marriage supporters on this forum … what if a man wanted to marry his own sister (or brother) or daughter (or son)?

56. Tanwa

December 30, 2013 at 11:04 am

Dear moh if you refer back to the Old Testament in the bible you will see that incest was previously allowed, to populate the world. When Lot fled from sodom and Gomorrah he had an incestous relationship with his 2 daughters and children were born. Now anyone with one eye can read the bible but not all can comprehend . In the old days the gene pool was pure. Today it is different. Having a sexual relationship with your closes relation results in congenital diseases, mental retardation and other disabilities. It’s a scientific fact. That is why there is a law against incest. Because no government would want a country full of Monstrously ugly , deformed ,ignorant, un teachable , pathological idiots repeating their idiot gene with each generation. I don’t see how this is comparable to homosexuality. It will take an inbred to think so!

57. peps

December 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm

This law was enacted as a smokescreen. They have thrown the masses a bone while they continue to pilfer in silence. What has someone else’s sexual orientation got to do with your state of being, biko? Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia is stupid as has been pointed out. Comparing it to bestiality is just as stupid because animals cannot give consent and have to be protected. Homosexuals are not the problem facing Nigeria. This is a clear case of misplaced priorities!

58. heziah7events

February 4, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Dear commentators,
    Please make your point without lashing out at each other, your view is better appreciated in that way. The ‘yarps’ are not needed. It makes it hard to drive your point home.
    Thank you in anticipation of your positive change in driving home your points.