News

It’s Finally Here! Watch Episode 1 of MTV Base’s Shuga Season 3 – “Home Coming”

BellaNaija.com

As part of the drive to curb the spread of HIV as well as create awareness for AIDS, the MTV Staying Alive Foundation and MTV Base Africa is back again with its lifestyle based TV series – Shuga.

This time, Shuga is shot in Nigeria and this season consists of 8 episodes which very correctly captures the essence of a lot of young people today. Commenting on what they hope to achieve with Shuga, the producers said:
“What we hope to achieve is to get young people to talk about sex.”

Shuga Naija is directed by Biyi Bandele and stars Nigerian music star, Tiwa Savage. Also cast in Shuga Naija are On Air Personality Maria Okanrende, Ikubese Emmanuel Ifeanyi, Sharon Ezeamaka, Efa Iwara, and Dorcas Shola Fapson.

Synopsis for Episode 1
When Femi (Ikubese Emmanuel Ifeanyi) returns from Nairobi to Lagos, a long standing secret upsets the relationship between his music promoter friend Ekene (Okezie Morro), and Ekene’s girlfriend Foye (Maria Okanrende). Meanwhile Foye’s best friend Sophie (Dorcas Shola Fapson) is outraged when her little sister Princess (Sharon Ezeamaka) appears unexpectedly on campus.

Episode I – Home Coming

If you missed the first two seasons of Shuga, you can catch up here:

Season 1
Watch All 3 Episodes

Season 2
Watch Episode 1
Watch Episode 2
Watch Episode 3
Watch Episode 4
Watch Episode 5
Keep refreshing BellaNaija for more episodes of Shuga Naija!

1. Mademoiselle

December 6, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Yaaay!!
    Sooo happy it’s finally here! Will return with comments. 🙂

2. Wow! really nice!

3. lady

December 6, 2013 at 6:26 pm

nice nice nice

4. Joan85

December 6, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Dang! HIV is real yo! This just scared me…if only young people will just zip up! smh

5. Miss_Flygerian

December 6, 2013 at 6:44 pm

WOW!!!!! Awesome episode, I already subscribed to the channel.

6. Sexxie

December 6, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Yippee! I love me some Shuga! Thanks BN.

7. Joan85

December 6, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Wait I didn’t know that was Sharon Ezeamaka o. The chic has grown…loved her acting when she was younger too. 🙂

8. Sexxie

December 6, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I’d love to see Tiwa’s acting improve as the show progresses. Didn’t like Eke’s reaction to the Femi-Foye situation. I loved Princess’ transformation, she looked lovely in that dress. Sadly, Sophie might be HIV+ by now. Nice first episode.

9. jinkelele

December 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Na wa oh! guy go get side chic but go jealous over main babe. Talk about hypocrisy

10. lola

December 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm

it was good but foye’s accent was really annoying its like she was try to put on a Nigerian accent it just wasn’t working and her acting skills aren’t all that either. tiwa’s acting skills need to improve as well

• Samantha

December 6, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I agree 100% foye (Maria) acting need some serious improvement

11. Kelz

December 6, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Oh my shittings, this was too real…couldnt stop shouting ‘Jesus’ at the end..wow!!..that chief sha!!!

12. freda

December 6, 2013 at 11:12 pm

shuuugaaaa!niceee,cant wait for more Episodes..Thumps up BN!

13. Ndidi

December 6, 2013 at 11:13 pm

I love!
    Dorcas is so gorgeous.
    Very informative and real

14. nonye

December 6, 2013 at 11:13 pm

how is it that i have never watched this?!!!

• Ugbaby

December 7, 2013 at 8:07 am

Lol. Becos u’re a duller!!

15. Cynthia

December 6, 2013 at 11:14 pm

Nice episode. Sophie and the sour-faced guy in the dorm room can act sha. Loved his reaction to Princess’ transformation.

16. anonymous

December 7, 2013 at 12:03 am

wowwwza!!!! love it! am hooked already. Yeh, aids is around us ooooooo. Loved tiwa’s acting, and d chap on the computer… all of dem try. Nice one

17. amar

December 7, 2013 at 12:46 am

so far tbh Shuga Kenya is the best …… I will keep my eyes open to see if my opinion changes

18. oma

December 7, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Nice episode been waiting for this, but I hate how I can
    just tell who has the virus already, reduces the suspense unlike
    Shuga Kenya where it was till the end I figured.

19. nene

December 7, 2013 at 2:11 pm

that fapson girl is gorge!!! sharon ezeamaka is a big girl
    now and still a good actress. i hope people listen to the message.
    AIDS is real!

20. bydemie

December 7, 2013 at 11:12 pm

pretty amazing … i like

21. deyepee

December 8, 2013 at 6:52 pm

dear lord

22. Cynthia

December 9, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Bella pls where is epi 6 of season 2, Biko.

23. Tabitha

December 10, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Well done Sharon! Amazing series! Lovely!

24. MsTilii

December 30, 2013 at 4:35 pm

southAfrican series InterSEXIONS is my ultimate best of all – I am addicted to that show. It is Also centered around HIV, but the script and acting is top notch. EXCELLENT SCRIPT WRITING.

its is english but the parts with xhosa and zulu are subtitled.

I cant wait for season 3 to start. You can catch all 26 episodes of season 2 on youtube. It covers so many topics HIV, ABORTION, INFEDILITY, HOMESEXUALITY ETC ETC .

I am glad they show all these shows to educate the african youth. Kudos to MTV Shuga series and to my favourite show InterSEXIONS. My only advice to InterSEXIONS is they need to let some african celebs guest appear in some episodes, that will always drive the audience who watch. Shuga does a good job with that they always featuring one african celeb or another and they always playing african music. for InterSEXIONS South African tv personality Bonang Matheba guest appeared in one episode playing a nurse in an HIV clinic and she did well.

25. Sharon

December 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm

The Naija Series Sucks so bad , I am so embarassed for my country. Horrible acting skills and fake accenting galor. This is absolute nonsense. Empty barrels make the most noise, always bragging we are number 2 after hollywood, yet we cannot act. Learn from kenyans and south africans joh. AND STOP ALL THAT FAKE ACCENT, I AM SICK AND TIRED IT. if you are not going to be your self just STFU.

The acting is so horrible i am getting migranes, I watched first episode and that will be my last.

26. nollare

January 2, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Wow the lead character that sleeps with the aristo. Sophie abi wetin be her name sef. She is just too good. such a natural. Her character is so believable, Love the way she talks. so calm and natural