News

Living with Sickle Cell Anemia! Kunle Afolayan & Kemi “Lala” Akindoju star in Tunde Kelani’s Movie “Dazzling Mirage” | Watch the Trailer

Kunle Afolayan & Kemi Lala Akindoju in Dazzling Mirage - December 2013 - BellaNaija

How can one with sickle sell anemia go through life without social stigma?!

Award winning veteran Nigerian director Tunde Kelani is back with another thrilling flick – Dazzling Mirage. The movie stars Kunle Afolayan and Kemi “Lala” Akindoju as leads.

The movie spotlights Kemi’s character who has sickle cell anemia and overcomes social stigma, prejudice and her own low self esteem to achieve success, marriage and motherhood.

Check it out!

1. kehinde

December 3, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Congrats Kunle and Kemi. Am proud of Kemi’s success. Go ex-QC girl!!

2. Hurperyeahmie

December 3, 2013 at 3:59 pm

can’t wait to watch it

3. aunty

December 3, 2013 at 4:01 pm

looks good already!!!!

4. trufactoid

December 3, 2013 at 4:02 pm

I am hoping Kemi Lala makes Kunle Afolayan look good because he cannot act at all

• Tim'tim

December 5, 2013 at 8:45 am

Oh no darling u don’t need to be stupid all d time. Incase u don’t know, stupidity is a HUGE SIN

5. damsel

December 3, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I love all the actors so i can’t wait.

6. lady

December 3, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Thank God for the titles they give Naija movies these days o. Gone are those day they give horrible titles like “is this love? can this be love, love me, am loving you”.

• gia

December 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm

lol so true

7. Hot Swen

December 3, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I just love this guy.

8. zeenie

December 3, 2013 at 5:03 pm

i can’t wait to watch it because i can relate to sickle cell Anaemia on so many levels…

9. Kathy esan

December 3, 2013 at 5:28 pm

This is going to be so intresting. I have the book and its cool

10. King O!

December 3, 2013 at 5:47 pm

This should be good, I like movies that has a social message…visit yemioye.blogspot.com

11. timi

December 3, 2013 at 5:59 pm

lala has finally dragged Taiwo Ajai lycett into Nollywood!!Its time the veterans start mentoring the young ones for a better Nollywood.Good Movie

12. nene

December 3, 2013 at 6:13 pm

mortal inheritance with omotola was a sickle cell movie that was amazing. however, i trust tunde kelani. but i think kunle afolayan still has a lot if brushing up to do as an actor, he’s not good. i don’t kemi, so i can’t say.

13. Cocobutter

December 3, 2013 at 6:25 pm

I hope the film depicts an accurate portrayal of sickle cell anaemia, and the way family and friends deal with people that have sickle cell, anything relating to sickle cell is always inaccurate!!! I have lost some many friends to sickle cell anaemia!!!

14. Don Draper of Mad Men

December 3, 2013 at 7:36 pm

True! kunle afolayan isnt good at all. His brother, Gabriel,is better. However, i trust tunde kelani will do a good job.

15. Deee

December 3, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Looking forward to watching this as someone affected by this condition.

16. NNENNE

December 4, 2013 at 1:59 am

Nice. When it comes to sickle cell anemia… look well before you love.

17. dee one

December 4, 2013 at 3:55 am

Can’t wait to watch it….

18. Twitter: @Snowall_Dempo

December 4, 2013 at 5:19 am

I can’t wait to see the movie..

19. Kimberly Akindoju

December 4, 2013 at 6:56 am

Akindoju…really..dats my surname and kemi is also my name….hmmmm small world

20. Bukky

December 4, 2013 at 7:05 am

With this topic , they’ll need to beat a Mortal inheritance to win audiences. That movie is still a classic.

21. chika

December 4, 2013 at 9:46 am

I seriously can relate with this. No visual illustration can precisely describe what tension it creates to a the loved one and his/her family members. It is not an experience I wish for anyone.

22. deji

December 4, 2013 at 10:11 am

Bad belle people, how many of you has achieve what the dude has achieved as an actor/filmmaker. Make una sidon there criticise make him dey blow and grow. You are born to be great Kunle. Kudos!

23. Julian

December 4, 2013 at 10:30 am

I totally agree with you deji. I have studied kunle for some years and he’s grown from strength to strength. I remember when he started with his role in Tunde Kelani’s film saworo ide in 1999 and now he’s featured again after about 14years. You all should learn to appreciate the few talents of our generation instead of Puring your frustration out on blogs. Am sure the best films of 2014 will be Dazzling mirage and October 1 by kunle Afolayan. With these two and a few others, the future of Nollywood is bright.

• jinkelele

December 5, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Do you READ at all – they were critiqueing his acting abilities. His talent BEHIND the camera is not in dispute here and I agree with the he’s not the best of actors but he’s a damn good director/producer for sure.

24. nonye

December 5, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Can i just say how much I love Lala? She was a marvel to watch in Death and the King’s Horseman. Wish i had that on tape! She knows her craft well. I am sure she will capture the bravery it takes to deal with such a condition

25. ahubi oklobia

February 7, 2014 at 9:55 am

i just hope this movie is not like one Genevieve produced and stared in that depicts that sickle cell is a terminal disease ooo. that was just a total disaster. it upsets me every time i think about that movie (cant remember the name again though). her mom died ,sister and eventually she died in the movie leaving an inheritance to a little girl she nannied. her boy friend ran away cos she was ‘terminally ill’. gosh…terrible movie.

26. Onome

October 4, 2018 at 4:36 am

Is there really stigmatization going on? Never experienced it. Or maybe because i don’t listen to people sha