News

17-Year Old Undergrad Murdered by Cultists for “Being too Proud” to be Raped

BellaNaija.com

Opeyemi Odusanya  - February 2014 - BellaNaija

Rest in Peace. Opeyemi Odusanya, a 300 level student at Bowen University was murdered by cultists for allegedly rejecting sexual advances. 17-year old Odusanya was a Biochemistry student.

Punch Newspaper paints a clearer picture of the sad incident, reveals that the cultists in the area stabbed her to death at her parents’ home in Alakuko,  for “being too proud” to accept their sexual advances. The killing took place on February 3rd 2014.

Local authorities have arrested the culprits who were residents of the area.

According to a police officer, Opeyemi went to buy recharge card, and as she was returning a group of cult members trailed and entered the house with her.

Opeyemi who was home alone, was instructed to turn on the generator so that no one would hear screams.

The officer goes on to state that “We believe that they wanted to rape the girl, but she must have put up a fierce struggle as the whole house was scattered.”

After a while, the men pinned her down, stabbed her in the stomach multiple times and ripped out her intestines. They took her phone and the keys to her parents’ jeep, after killing her.

The culprits fled the scene and later sent a text message to her mother explaining why they killed her.  “Your child has been proud. We have been toasting her, but she has refused to accept. We have killed her to teach a lesson. We have also driven your car away.

If you want your car back, come to Lakas Hotel or Cele Bus Stop around Mile 2 to pick it up. If we see policemen around, we will kill everybody.“, the text message read.

Friends and family of Opeyemi have since been writing tributes on her Facebook page.

1. winnie

February 19, 2014 at 9:40 am

kaiiiii!!! thez are tomorrow’s generation of leaders, husbands, fathers???? MY GOD!!

• Mz Socially Awkward...

February 19, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Tufiakwa!!! I reject them as my leaders, my husband or anyone’s father. TUEH!!!! These ones are animals, may they be hunted and cut down like the animals that they are!!! I don’t even have the heart to pray for her family, I’m filled with so much disgust

2. Sexxie

February 19, 2014 at 9:41 am

Dear Lord!!!

3. Fashionista

February 19, 2014 at 9:47 am

Father in heaven!!!!!!! My mouth is still wide open! God rest her soul and comfort her family. What the hell is going on in the world??!! “She was proud” because she refused your sexual advances??? They must be imprisoned FOR LIFE!!! Her parents MUST seek the ultimate level of punishment. Some men in Nigeria are finished, even the well educated ones are no different, they believe a woman was brought to this world to fulfill their every need and therefore cannot argue. Women are not inferior to men, we are not second class citizens. We should be treated with respect damn it! I am even too upset to go on. RIP Opeyemi.

4. mrs chidukane

February 19, 2014 at 9:49 am

Kai,this is horrible! Oh,gosh.Where do you even begin? So unapologetic. Hei!,must every girl you toast agree? What is all this?May her soul rest in peace

5. kim

February 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

it is well

• yoyo

February 19, 2014 at 10:22 am

oh how i hate this expression. This expression is the reason Nigerians have become bloody complacent. people should know when to drop religious sentiments and actually use their god given brains to find solutions to problems. but nowadays everyone says..’it is well’ to every damn terrible event. dont worry Nigerians..keep muttering those words…Jesus himself will come down and save us all.

• Bide

February 19, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Free her abeg…

• Iris

February 19, 2014 at 4:17 pm

@Bide she won’t be freed. Rubbish. For whom is it well? For the victim or for her relatives and friends? Or for you who will sleep better than her family tonight because you don’t know her? I am tired of these mundane phrases that get thrown around in the name of being religious. We need to stop being complacent and looking for God. God gave us resources to use and made us caretakers of the earth and in the end he will judge us for our action or inaction. To potential parents reading this I am BEGGING you to raise your children right. It is not a man’s right to help himself to a woman’s body whether or not she agrees. He did not give her her body and rape is not corporal punishment used to “correct’ someone. It is not your right to beat her when you think she has offended you. This is a clear example of why rape jokes are never funny. When you poke fun at men raping women because they have collected money or a drink from you and refused to sleep with you, or because you asked her out and she said no, you’re deliberately or unintentionally feeding the idea that it’s a given. I’m so angry I don’t even know if what I’m typing is coherent. If I type out the kind of slow death I’ve envisioned for these bastards BN will not post it so I’ll stop here.

• Singer

February 25, 2014 at 1:07 pm

I totally agree with you @iris. I hope justice is served steaming hot to these bastards! There needs to be a revolution in this country. A country that kills it’s women and drowns it’s children. Absolutely pathetic. I am sickened.

6. sigh

February 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

Oh F^$#ing hell!!! These bastards must be brought to justice. You rapists will wish for death and it won’t come.
    This case must be investigated and these men caught. Not like ABSU rubbish oh, these men will pay!!!

RIP Opeyemi Odusanya.

7. St. Crispin

February 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

Jesu Kristi oluwa wa!
    Chineke ekwa kwala ihe ojo!
    The death penalty should be applied in this case.

8. ufuoma akusu

February 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

Omg!cryinggggggg. What a wicked act,the culprits should be brought to book

9. Agatha

February 19, 2014 at 9:52 am

This is sadly so inhumane but shows We still have a few martyr/saints in our generation. May her soul rest in peace with our Father Amen.

10. teekay

February 19, 2014 at 9:53 am

may her soul rest in peace, and may the killers rot in hell in Jesus name..Amen

11. Chu-Chu

February 19, 2014 at 9:54 am

OMG!!!! This is just so SAD!!! may her soul rest in peace. 🙁

12. gabe

February 19, 2014 at 9:56 am

what is the meaning of this????

13. Amara

February 19, 2014 at 9:58 am

This is just sad. I can’t imagine what her loved ones are going through. Rest in peace, Opeyemi.

Again, this tragedy has its origins in our patriarchal culture. In the words of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, we must raise our sons differently. A man will believe he is entitled to a woman whether she wants him or not only if he lives in a society that permits that kind of warped thinking. So what if a woman rejects your sexual advances? Is it by force? And who are you that every woman must find you attractive? This brings back a long buried bad memory.

Rest in peace with the angels, Opeyemi. God speed.

• jcsgrl

February 19, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Gbam I was about to echo the same sentiments. These are the generation of men our mothers are raising. Something needs to be done about this. A few days ago I sat down with a friend who is going through a divorce only for her to divulge the darkest part of her 7 year marriage filled with beatings of a lifetime, oppression by in laws, verbal abuses, etc. And this was in America oh! I didn’t even know. My mouth was just open as i read pages and pages of email exchanges between her and her soon-to-be ex. What caught my attention was how the guy iterated that he is a MAN and must be feared and revered. Nobody should question his authority. He cited how his father dealt with him mom and now the mom is enjoying the fruit of her labor. Meaning she suffered through beatings, humiliation, threats and now in her old feeble age, the husband now gets to bestow her with his wordly gifts. He was encouraging my friend to tow the same path. Sad thing when my friend reported to her MIL what the son was doing to her, she too cited the example of her life. That she went through worse and look at her now. Chei! I was speechless. And this is just one instance…so you can imagine the likes of these vagabonds roaming the face of the earth. MOTHERS, WARN YOUR SONS O! ONE DAY WOMEN WILL REVOLT AND YOU WILL BE BEGGING FOR MERCY!!!

• Nala

February 20, 2014 at 3:24 am

@jcs girl, i could have sworn you were talking about me. I got that a lot from my soon to be ex. He told me that he was the MAN uncountable times and that i must respect and fear him at all times after all his dad traeted his mother crappily and cheated on her multiple times and she didnt go anywhere and now she is enjoying and so why must my own be different. I was severely abused and the day i said enuf is enuf, i was the bad one while he went aroundlooking like the victim. But i ddnt care, i alone knew what i had been thru n i was determined to leave with or without any support. I ddnt get the support at first but due to how determined i was to leave, my parents had no choice than to support me cos in their words “they had never seen me so determined about anything before” and therefore i must be going thru a lot. And this my ex was a university grad, thats just to tell u that education plays no part in how these kind of men are, it all has to do with their upbringing and how their fathers treated their mothers. The whole experience has made me wary of marriage as an institution. Dont even know if i ever want to get married again

14. Tope

February 19, 2014 at 10:01 am

My goodness! Please what is all this? Am really afraid, our tertiary institutions are turning to something else and no one is saying anything about it. Is it until we start writing our will after gaining admission to a university because coming home alive is no longer guaranteed? Am so sad and disheartened about recent developments. I ray that God will give her parents, relatives and loved ones the strength, bravery and courage to bear this great loss. The cultist must be brought to book, nemesis must catch up with them. This must not die like that of the Aluu 4. Apparently she was a well brought up girl and she knows just what she wants from the university. How is God’s holy name would you kill someone because ”she is proud and see didn’t agree to date you” what nonsense! What sense does it make. I cant imagine her parent’s condition right now. Justice for Opeyemi. Justice. Rest in perfect peace. God bless your soul.

15. Bleed Blue

February 19, 2014 at 10:03 am

I don’t get it. Has the country become so bad that people like these can now boast about what they’ve done? As if the act itself was not bad enough?

It’s bizarre how men think a female’s body is their right to do with as they please. Mothers, please let’s teach our sons, nephews, cousins etc that this is NEVER okay.

RIP Opeyemi. This story breaks my heart 🙁

• Blessmyheart

February 19, 2014 at 6:37 pm

I really dont get it. I can’t believe that this can happen not to talk of the boasting. This is terrible! May she rest in peace and may God comfort her family. It’s on ocassions like this that I support the death penalty. I just hope the police pick(ed) up the real culprits. OMG!

16. onyx

February 19, 2014 at 10:04 am

Dear lord. This is so sad on the highest level of sad. Í’m a man but i’m sad to say that the kind of young men coming up these days are mentally sick. I really do feel for women. They have to put up with a whole lot in the hands of men. If only these idiots could channel their strenghts to more worthwhile ventures and not violence and sexual perversion, our society would be better. May this pretty lady find peace she couldn’t find here on earth and may the loved ones she left behind find succour

17. no heart to hate

February 19, 2014 at 10:05 am

Not again, Read on a blog how a final Year graduate of Law was Reaped and murdered now this one is so Sad. R.I.P dear

18. Nneks

February 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

Post like this make me boil…I cannot stand anything that has to do with rape be it a joke or not….If i ever become a politician all pedophiles and rapist would be killed as they seem to think they are Gods and do not know the damage they cause to their victims, men and women. R.I.P Opeyemi…..

19. Alero Mii

February 19, 2014 at 10:09 am

May her soul rest in peace

20. Damie Damie

February 19, 2014 at 10:10 am

i’m shivering in pain, fear, anger and sorrow. Dear Jesus, I’m so tired of all these. Please grant her family respite and her soul eternal rest. RIP baby, you’ll be missed.

21. wunmi

February 19, 2014 at 10:11 am

This is so sad. It breaks my heart to see young people being both culprits and victims of such crimes. This is a big NO NO. We must start to train our children well. Since when do we have cultist around homes again; I thought cultism only happens in schools. *Depressed* RIP Opeyemi. my condolence to her family. so sad

22. Moving On Swiftly

February 19, 2014 at 10:12 am

Oh my Father in Heaven, You are soooooo patient. These people took the young lady’s life like they created it….. *sad face*

23. http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/

February 19, 2014 at 10:32 am

Oh Lord! I have no words. May she rest in peace. The is the most heartbreaking thing I’ve ever read. and let those beasts be brought to justice. Kai. I’m crying as I’m typing this. I can’t imagine what her family must be going through. God you’re merciful but please show those men no mercy. Let them pray for death but let even death not come to them yet. Let fates worse than death befall them. Amen.

24. chizzy

February 19, 2014 at 10:32 am

May her soul rest in peace nd may God give d family d fortitude to bear d loss.

25. emy

February 19, 2014 at 10:35 am

May her soul rest in peace..

26. emy

February 19, 2014 at 10:35 am

May her soul rest in peace..

27. Inem

February 19, 2014 at 10:35 am

What a life? Rest in Peace.

28. El patron medellin cartel

February 19, 2014 at 10:35 am

Am Almost In Tears! Why Kill A Girl Because She Resists Your Advances..Omo Na Wah oooo! Crazy World! Am Lost For Words.
    But Why Kill Her?! Too Much Guns And Thugs In The Society,I Think Its high Time We Legalize Guns. checking black Friday sales, seeing SMG on sales..though to myself I need this in naija..the country is really unsafe!

29. Tayo

February 19, 2014 at 10:41 am

omg!!! *now crying* those guys and their generation will never be useful in their lives. Rest well Opeyemi

30. lilz

February 19, 2014 at 10:48 am

i’ll come back to comment when i find the right words..just too sad

31. Stellamaris

February 19, 2014 at 10:49 am

Eternal rest,grant unto her oh Lord nd let ur perpetual light shyn upon her,may she rest in perfect peace, Amen. Nd for d ppl pepertrating ds wicked act,hmm….i pity you, you will suffer,its nt a curse,its just d natural thing dt wld happen. No one plants beans nd reaps rice,its exactly wat u sow,u wl reap. So if ure priviledged to read ds, congratulatns…cus d truth hs bn told to u.

32. Ada Nnewi

February 19, 2014 at 10:53 am

Rapists should be given the death penalty! The average Nigerian man’s mentality to rape is appalling, some of them even feel rape is not a crime as they feel they are entitled to any woman they desire…Till women in Nigeria demand greater sanctions for rapists and molesters, things will not get better…

33. Ada Nnewi

February 19, 2014 at 10:54 am

May her soul R.I.P…

34. omotola

February 19, 2014 at 10:55 am

Am in tears…. den in skol i had 2 experiences like dat. one was very terible.. rape is real & fearles ladies wil always giv up a fight…so sad..

35. Noms

February 19, 2014 at 10:57 am

Hmmmmmm,close to tears.
    They had the guts to send her mother a text message? God will surely have HIS way.
    Rest in peace, dear. My the Lord console your parents and loved ones.

36. Missy

February 19, 2014 at 10:59 am

This is just so evil…What is this world turning into??? Beasts now walk around in human skin. This is repulsive and heart wrenching. Those beasts must be brought to justice without mercy. May God grant the family the fortitude to bear this terrible loss.

37. Hurperyearmie

February 19, 2014 at 11:04 am

kai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My name sake RIP i am still in shock what is this country turning into? is their still freedom in this country now?

38. Simsi

February 19, 2014 at 11:07 am

R.I.P ope. She was in my school. Usually see her around. Very pretty girl. May she rest in peace

39. whocares

February 19, 2014 at 11:10 am

“Too proud to be raped”. Of course she is too proud to be raped. It is her body, her temple and she chose to preserve it. Oh I wish I could get my hands on these men that perpetrated this act, I need just one hour with them. I am angry. These bastards took someone’s life as if they can create one, as if if someone else stepped up to their sisters or mothers like they did to the girl, they would not try to protect the female in their lives from men like them, as if they own her body and it was their right to take what she refused them. RIP Opeyemi. People should not have to die senseless deaths, and parents should not have to witness their children laid out like an animal carcasses and this is what these men have put your parents through.. If the Nigerian government doesn’t do much to punish them,know that people like me are praying that they burn in the deepest part of hell, and that they spend the rest of their lives never knowing a day of peace.

40. edie

February 19, 2014 at 11:13 am

the perpetrators must be brought to book. MUST

41. chuy

February 19, 2014 at 11:13 am

Don’t apply the death penalty to these animals,may they grow old to see their generations become heartaches and sources of grief for them, killing off the scum is the easy way out. God is a God of Justice he won’t sleep.

42. Magz

February 19, 2014 at 11:19 am

This is too sad. I am shaking in anger. God please, leave your throne of mercy and ascend unto throne of judgement and judge these people. I have no words more than these

43. Onanna

February 19, 2014 at 11:23 am

Horrible! What kind of world is this?

44. I send small

February 19, 2014 at 11:29 am

Animals in human clothing. I pray her spirit hunts them and they all run mad and kill themselves. Idiots.

45. Teni

February 19, 2014 at 11:34 am

My God! I have goose bumps all over! Do you know the shakara i made while in school? To cultists and non-cultists? so is this the fate our children will face if they determine to face their studies and say NO to sexual advances? Am chilled to my bones,may she rest in perfect peace!

46. Troll

February 19, 2014 at 11:35 am

I don’t even know what to say again? :'(
    Rest in peace Opeyemi and may the perpetual light of God shine upon your soul.

47. Deevah

February 19, 2014 at 11:39 am

Words fail me. Man’s inhumanity to his fellow man. May God console her family because I can’t even begin to comprehend the torment they are passing through. Rest in peace!

• Sisi

February 19, 2014 at 12:19 pm

This right here! May her soul rest in peace

48. Tee

February 19, 2014 at 11:52 am

The funny thing is the parents of those involved would say something like this’pls sir it was the devil’s work’ and did I mention that they would go with their extended family to beg the girl’s parent.I weep as I write this,I was a victim around that age but mine was a case of stripping me and taking my pics unclad.A neighbour came to my rescue b4 they cud strip me and I was able to escape.My father arrested the two boys one of which was my classmate and they were stripped and made to walk my steet with people singing after them b4 the police took them away.The parent got chiefs in the town to come and beg my father.They said it was the devil,they were released after couple of days.I wish this case were different too likle mine and that they were caught in the act.These boys should rot in jail for taking the life of another.

49. buttner

February 19, 2014 at 11:53 am

What a hell is going on in this country, is nasty are we in a state of war do this petrator worth living i dont think so.

50. Tee

February 19, 2014 at 12:04 pm

I just pray she finds her way to eternal rest, where no one can ever cause her pain or sorrow again. A place where there is only joy, love, peace and happiness. As for the criminals i pray they come to the knowledge of the truth and do not have to spend the rest of eternity in a lake burning with fire

51. ifeoma nwawe

February 19, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Dear Lord,
    Grant her parents, siblings and friends the fortitude to bear this loss. Let this case not be another ALUU 4 or ABSU case, let them find justice. Let these rapists know no peace, let their death be painful and slow..Grant GEJ wisdom, so that death penalty become the punishment for rape.. Heal all rape victims, it might take time, but heal them..

52. Aibee

February 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Hmmm. So a woman is now at risk of being raped and murdered simply because she turned down sexual advances? And this happened in her own house? And the culprits had the nerve to send her family a message gloating in their despicable act? I am shocked.
    When will all these stop? When will Nigeria stop treating rape, murder and other aggravated assaults with kid gloves? When will there be justice for victims of rape? When?

53. Samantha

February 19, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Killing(death penalty) these ones will be an easy way out, let them stay in prison for life with no possibility of parole(in this Nigerian inhabitable prisons) . This is how I know the world is coming to an end sooner than we think, our hearts have gone cold or else tell me how a normal person can rip out a teenager’s intestines because she refused to be raped!!!! Dear Lord have mercy on us all!

54. olori Tari

February 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

My God 🙁 ! I actually don’t know what to say. Are the rapists human beings at all ? No heart whatsover ! Lord, sent forth your light to the family of the deceased, comfort them Lord ! RIP Opeyemi..Bless your soul.

55. Grown Woman

February 19, 2014 at 12:22 pm

This is extremely bizarre as in WTH?May God punish ths people accordingly…:(

56. Ibukun

February 19, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I rebuke instant death for the people that killed this girl. They must suffer and live in torture for years. years of excruciating pain and hunger and misery then death. After which God will still punish them in their graves. Rest in peace Opeyemi.

57. adeola

February 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm

lord have mercy and that is so cruel RIP opeyemi

58. deb

February 19, 2014 at 12:42 pm

you see guys, charity begins at home and a woman has a lot of influence in bringing up her children. when i see crazy children that lack courtesy and fear, i can imagine how unhealthy their parents are and how it was impossible for them to give their children the best of training. this is an example of a family structure that has gone wrong which has gone to affect an innocent girl. i pray these guys and others like them with like minds rot in this earth and hell.

59. Diamond

February 19, 2014 at 12:50 pm

hmmmm May her soul rest in peace…sad

60. Agnes OKogbe

February 19, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I used to think cultism does does not exist in private universities because of the moral standards they claim to uphold. Well I am. Very wrong because evil exists everywhere and this boys come from one home or the other . T hey shld pay with every. Drop of their blood and no one shld plea on their behalf because they were in their sane minds when they committed this. This evil act. Their families should be ashamed of them. May her soul rest in in peace.

61. Blossom

February 19, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Jesus Christ!!!!!!! I am in shock! Baby girl RIP.. So sad it happened in her house and they had the nerve to steal and threaten the family after taking the precious girls life… Please God of justice fight for this family!!!!!

62. corolla

February 19, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I am sick to my stomach!

63. Mariaah

February 19, 2014 at 1:41 pm

OMG!!! This is not fair!! The poor girl only said NO to their advances.. I know at 17 I wanted nothing to do with boy cos I felt I was not ready.. I hope she gets justice! Those boys must face the consequences for their offences.. Her parents must not accept any plea from their parents or forefathers!! Haba??!!

64. timi

February 19, 2014 at 1:55 pm

This is really terrible, some people cant handle rejection. Ladies really need watch ” the way to turn down a guy without offending him” considering the number of psychopaths we have now. when i raise this topic with my relatives, they don’t seem to understand.

• Agatha

February 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm

My dear there is really no nice way to turn down a guy that has evil in his heart/mind. Who knows if the lady in question didn’t do as u say but men/women will only see things the way your heart is. Besides, a No is a No.

• Donald-Landon

February 19, 2014 at 4:57 pm

timi February 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM

What the heck do you mean by ladies need to watch the way to turn down a guy without offending him”. What part of the word NO from a woman don’t you understand.

• Blessmyheart

February 19, 2014 at 6:42 pm

What nonsense! You hear these kind of stories and the next thing is a silly advice to ladies. In fact, I’m so upset right now! JUST SHUT UP!!!!!!!

65. Hafsat king

February 19, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I can’t believe what Nigeria is turning into? They were confident and bold enough to send that text to the parents of the girl for justifying their actions because they know the system allows for offenders to get away. More so, go and beg the parents with pastors and alfas and blame the poor devil for their children acting badly. This is a lesson to us, the police and crime enablers in the society, let an offender be punished for his or her actions to serve as a deterrent to others. Justice ,must always be done else, the same act would be done without fear. They must serve time after a public. Trial to serve as a lesson to others. My heart goes out to the girl who was killed for no just cause. It. It must have being a terrible last moment waiting for help to come. Only God can console her parents on this terrible loss. RIP Opeyemi.

66. Gonzalo

February 19, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I’m totally distraught. Happy they’ve been caught. I just pray they don’t execute them. That will be way too easy and painless. Rather, they should have their finger and toe nails plucked…once a day and hot pepper poured on it. When it heals, they should repeat the process. Let them pray for death and not find it for the next 50years.
    May God Almighty console the family. I’m really saddened…..Kai……

67. ContessaVlad

February 19, 2014 at 2:16 pm

GEJ where are you o!!!!! The pedophiles and rapists are running free!!!!! It didn’t take long for the anti-gay bill to come to pass so why are the others taking time? I’m ashamed of you and your administration. God please visit your vengeance on these rapists in fact on all rapists!

68. Baker Street

February 19, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Father, I declare these murderers shall know no peace. Their paths shall be dark and slippery. The Angels of God will pursue them. All the days of their lives shall be filled with misery unless they come out publicly and confess. I pray that you comfort her parents, let them experience the ministry of the Holy Spirit. Jesus, protect your children oh cos this is becoming too much. Amen.

69. Mz Socially Awkward...

February 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Oh my Lord. What the helld is this? How is it possible for human beings to do this to another human being, what kind of barbarism have we allowed to mature in our society, with men believing sex is a right??? AND WHERE IS THAT STUPID COMMENTER WHO SAID, ON THE POST “THE STRANGER WITHIN”, THAT IT’S A WOMAN’S FAULT IF SHE’S ASSAULTED BECAUSE A MAN WAS IN HER HOUSE? CAN YOU PLEASE COME AND SEE EVIDENCE OF YOUR FOOLISH THEORIES BEING COMPLETELY DISCREDITED?????

Animals, all ye animals. The ones who perpetuate the culture of boys, fathers, men, strangers taking sex by force and the ones who commit the act. Animals, you should all be in a zoo, you should all be caged in zoos so that we can come and gawk at you animals.

Nigerian police, where are you? Idiots standing on the road and asking for N20, where are you bastards??? When is the investigation starting? How are you doing your godforsaken jobs?????? NIGERIA!!!!! Effing disgrace of a country which continues to fail it’s people. Effing DISGRACE!!!!!!!!

• Bide

February 19, 2014 at 4:23 pm

As in, You’ve spoken my mind.. The idiots wont tend to important issue…

• Agatha

February 19, 2014 at 4:52 pm

When I read this post you are talking of, I shook my head and just pitied the reader/commentator. I took it to be he/she hasn’t heard of other true gruesome stories….now this is one.

70. nwanyi na aga aga

February 19, 2014 at 2:46 pm

RIP dear one. May God give your family the fortitude to bear the loss. For those guys that perpetuated this act May God judge you people. May His judgement be visible on you people and let people look and know that you are suffering for this act *speechless*

71. Priscy

February 19, 2014 at 3:22 pm

O God!!!
    Just terrible…how can human beings be so evil..how?

72. jcsgrl

February 19, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Sweet sister rest in the bosom of your maker. sighs…God please be comforter to her parents. No parent deserves to see their child die in such gruesome act. Give them the grace to use their pain to advocate and fight for justice and less privelaged. May her death never be in vain. May complete healing come them in Jesus name.
    As for those bastards, God i know sey you too dey forgive but on this case, HELL FIRE so sei! No advocacy for them. In this case, let jungle justice prevail. Nonsense!

73. Uc

February 19, 2014 at 3:35 pm

I am so Shaken in grief what a loss……Lord of heaven haba u created this ones in your image toooooooo?Lately i fear for my younger sister who will be leaving for school reading dis just got my fear on a new level …………………They deserve torment in dis life in d life after.RIP dear Opeyemi to her family I hand you over to God for comfort cause I cant even be comforted myself reading this…..

74. Donald-Landon

February 19, 2014 at 3:51 pm

I have said it several times that a large chunk (majority) of Nigerian parent have failed terribly in raising their sons. All they do is tell their ‘girl child’ how she needs to fit her life to a mans world instead of taking time to raise responsible men of the society. The ‘male child’ is unfortunately raised to have that entitlement warped mode of thinking; who goes around thinking they can oppress or rape anyone then get away with it. Then you end up with douchbag horny scums like the fellows in this case. Raise your sons right and we would not have to be dealing with crap like this.

75. AAsh

February 19, 2014 at 4:49 pm

May Opeyemi Odusanya’s soul rest in peace……..So sad and shocking……..words fail me…….struggling to hold back my tears…..may GOD console her loved ones. Amen
    As for the perpetrators of this heinous crime……..Olorun ma se idajo!

76. Mrs Nwosu

February 19, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Oh no, not again.

77. Ella

February 19, 2014 at 5:05 pm

You dare to take a life that you did not create??? R.I.P Ope.

78. zoomzoomzoom

February 19, 2014 at 5:33 pm

This is so sad!!! This girl was super brilliant,17 years and already in 300level Biochemistry and those evil ones killed her? Why kill someone for refusing your advances? She was a kid for Christsakes! To the killers, may you never know peace on earth till you breath your last, may you sorrow all the days of your life.
    To the girl’s parents and family, may the Almighty God console you and comfort you.Very sad….

79. Abana

February 19, 2014 at 6:31 pm

She was in 300L at the age of 17. I am going to assume she was a really smart girl. She was too proud. She was a fighter. Opeyemi Odusanya Rest In Perfect Peace. Its sad you went in such a horrible way. But we need our young girls to be like you: Smart, Strong and Proud! I don’t even know you but I am so proud of the person I can see you were just from the article. Rest in the bosom of your maker!

80. alfred

February 19, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Gruesome and satanic. Cain ended Abel’s life cos God fvored Abel’s gift and not his. Haman plotted Modercai’s execution simply because Modecai will not bow to him. The apostles were stripped, beaten, starved and imprisoned cos they preached an unpopular gospel. Some were thrown into the lion’s den, others lost family and valuables cos they were pursuing a genuine and upright course. The heart of man is wicked from birth and noone can know it. Opeyemi’s brutal decimation is a further confirnation of man’s inhumanity to man. No rational man will want these law breakers smell freedom neither will government keep sealed lips on this matter. Justice must take effect. Adieu Opeyemi . May her family be consoled

81. Blaqgurlrock

February 19, 2014 at 7:08 pm

My God, just 17!!!!! rest in peace beautiful, you are a hero for fighting these evil scum off and trying to keep your honour, may the Lord comfort your family and give them the fortitude to bear this great loss. And for those who did this to you, I pray they receive the full consequences of their actions. God please protect our daughters/sisters out there.

82. SaveNaija!

February 19, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Wow! Words cannot even start to express how I feel about this development in Nigeria. BTW, Where are the relevant authorities and People of Nigerian, which includes the Media, Nollywood, law enforcement, civil society groups, concerned fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, GEJ, Patience Aka Madame Peace, PASTORS, Attorney General of the Federation, All People of Goodwill in NIGERIA???! This is the TIME for WELL Meaning People of the country to Stand up and BE COUNTED! Otherwise, we will be defined by other people as worse than wild animals and Uncivilized bunch of people. Where is the OUTRAGE?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is Enough Group, please take this event as a springboard to get RAPE into public discussion. We all saw what happened in India. Please, Well Nigerians need to take the lead, hence posterity will NOT judge our current generation well. It is Opeyemi TODAY, but it could be your daughters, wives or sisters tomorrow.

83. truth

February 20, 2014 at 12:20 am

This Life, This world, This Country! God I know you are seeing all of this and you will not keep silent about this. RIP Opeyemi

84. Omoniyi

February 20, 2014 at 5:23 am

I’m deeply sad with this news, may God console her parent and as for those cultist, they need to be hanged to death.

85. bussy lizzy

February 20, 2014 at 1:00 pm

so sad, i cried as i read this, what a wicked world just because she refuses to say YES then the next is DEATH. may GOD punish the evil doers. OPEYEMI RIP

86. omada

February 20, 2014 at 4:18 pm

I am just tired… I have no words…

87. Mckay

February 20, 2014 at 10:26 pm

May you rest in peace and may God grant your family the strength to bear this.

88. portable

February 21, 2014 at 8:56 pm

RIP Opeyemi! May GOD grant healing to all rape victims and protect us women from the hands of rapists in Jesus name, AMEN!

89. but...

February 23, 2014 at 6:39 am

People,let us educate and train our children instead of just raising them oh!!!!!! I am not blaming anyone, but let us try at our level to teach our sons that women are different but equal to them. Let us teach our girls never to take crap from men just becoz they have a penis. It’s not the solution, but we have to start somewhere. Why not at home? By the way, i think those guys should get the death sentence. Why? Because those people can only hurt society. I mean, they killed a girl bcoz she refused to give them something that is fundamentally hers, something they didn’t even take after her death(unless they are into necrophilia). And they had the nerves to taunt her family with what they did!!! What would stop them from killing for money? Or because they are in a bad mood? Or because they don’t like the way you look at them?? Those guys are dead weight to society. You can tell me that death penalty is not a deterrent, but at least the person who will risk attracting it will do so for a freaking “good” reason… Why don’t witches kill people like that instead of productive people?? Satan come and collect your spawn sha!!!

90. praise

March 30, 2014 at 10:46 pm

Na waah ooooo wat a damm shit to this culitist of a thing …………….

91. Pingback: MAD MEN WALKING | SINGLE IN GIDI