News

A Vintage Styled Wedding Shoot | DuduGuy & Gazmadu Photography

Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -8

Bye bye boring wedding inspiration!

Nigerian photographers will take the art of photography to the next level in 2014 – and they’re already off on a great start! This year expect more edgy and creative wedding shoots, on trend with international wedding collections released last year – the photos today bring to mind Vera Wang‘s leather and lace dresses – from her Spring 2014 collection, and Ines Di Santo‘s motorcycle jackets – Fall 2014.

Since you may not have time to capture intimate moments during your couple session on The Day, one thing to consider is a post-wedding shoot. Don your dress, he wears his suit and you snap away. Novel idea for Nigerians right? That’s what two of our favourite photogs – DuduGuy and Gazmadu are proposing.

They’ve teamed up to bring you “A Vintage Styled Wedding Shoot”, which they hope inspires you for your wedding portraits or a post-wedding shoot –

“One of the major challenges most photographers have in Nigerian weddings is time! Everyone seems to be in a hurry for almost everything … and especially the well sort after “intimate” Couple Portrait session. Emotion, passion and style are what we always try to bring out in couples when we create these moments.

The idea behind this shoot is to show our prospective clients how much fun they can have during their couple session regardless of the location. The location of the shoot should not hinder a great photog’s ability to bring out the best in a couple, long as we get a clear space with no interruptions, and the couple works with and trusts their photog then the sky is the limit”.

Being a vintage inspired shoot we decided to use locations and simple props that can easily be found around us. This shoot is also to encourage clients to book for post-wedding shoots, especially when they didn’t get enough time for themselves during the wedding.

To all 2014 couples, please remember to have a blast during your wedding, you get the timeless pictures that will become memories from all the fun.”

We LOVE this shoot! From male and female models in flat tops (a la Lupita at the SAG Awards) to stunning headpieces and a dash of rustic vintage chic, it’s so retro yet Now!

Enjoy!

***

Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -6Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -5Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -7Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -9Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -10Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -23Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -24

Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -1Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -0Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -3Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -2 Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -21Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -22Lagos Wedding Inspiration - Gazmadu Duduguy BellaNaija16 Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -13Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -16Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -11 Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -18Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -17Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -19Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -26 Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -29Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -28Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -31

Gazmadu & Duduguy Styled Nigerian Wedding Photoshoot - BellaNaija - February 2014 -30

Kenny (DuduGuy) & Gaz!

Kenny & Gaz – thanks sooo much for sharing with us!

xoxo, BNW

Photography
DuduGuy Photography – www.duduguyphotography.com
GazMadu Photography – www.gazmadu.com/blog
Photo Assistants: Ridwan Adepoju & Adewale Yusuf

Vendors
Men’s Suits & Styling: Fratres Clothing & Lifestyle
Wedding Dresses: Estilomoda UK – www.estilomoda.co.uk
Fascinators: Yosola Afemikhe for Fascination (at) bespokefascination.com
Extra Clothing: Fratres clothing & Lifestyle: 08163481398 & 08087854143
Model: Gimodels www.gimodels.com
Jewelry: Queen Hadassah
Decor/Event Design: Anita of www.myweddingnigeria.com
Makeup Artist: Champagne’s Fab Lane – champagnesfablane (at) gmail.com

We love weddings as much as you do – get in touch for inquiries, inspiration & more!

E-mail: weddings (at) bellanaija.com | E-mail for #AsoEbiBella: asoebibella (at) gmail.com

Instagram: BellaNaijaWeddings  | Instagram for #AsoEbiBella: AsoEbiBella
Twitter: BellaNaijaWed
Pinterest: BellaNaijaWed

1. M

February 6, 2014 at 10:37 am

Love it!

2. mary

February 6, 2014 at 10:42 am

Hmmm,

3. Beekay

February 6, 2014 at 10:48 am

I so love the bride in pictures 9, 10, 11 & 12. Hope my wife-to-be would want to try that vintage wedding dress.

4. Radiant

February 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

Banging bodies, Ladies.

5. Dee

February 6, 2014 at 10:53 am

Vintage?

6. Charis

February 6, 2014 at 11:39 am

AMAZINGLY STUNNING!!!

7. shem ham and jeffy jay

February 6, 2014 at 11:56 am

ok, nice pictures…..but I was and im still waiting for the vintage shots!…..

8. Bobosteke & Lara Bian

February 6, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I am really, really sorry but I find nothing vintage about this. In fact, I’m annoyed. I thought it was initially shot in a jail with all the bars, until I noticed it was taken in front of closed shops. A derelict environment does not equal vintage, the fact that you made use of what is around you is not an excuse. For the sort of platform you are aspiring to, it is unforgivable. Even if you made use of what was around you, each state is full of colonial buildings that would have served your purposes better. The props are another matter entirely and I wont even go there. Good lighting which greatly helped the quality of the photographs but not the look of the people in them per se. If you find that my comments cannot appreciate the finer sense of photography, think of your clients who would be laymen and women who just want to “fine” for photo.

• i no send

February 6, 2014 at 12:31 pm

i concur the background is not nice at all and does not portray romance its very crude,,what were they thinking??

9. Berry Dakara

February 6, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I think it’s cute, but wearing the dress again? It’s a lil on the stressful side.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

10. ENIOLA

February 6, 2014 at 12:27 pm

all nice everything!

11. my love

February 6, 2014 at 12:29 pm

This is absolutely beautiful. I think i would try it.

12. Chu-Chu

February 6, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Please what is so Vintage about this tho? Maybe I do not understand stuff anymore.

13. Mrs SMD

February 6, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I love this, a vintage shoot with a mix of retro and a touch of Naija. Keep doing you Mr Dudu guy 🙂

14. Dee

February 6, 2014 at 2:35 pm

There might be a little bits and pieces of rustic elements to the pictures but no vintage…

15. NaijaPikin

February 6, 2014 at 3:49 pm

I agree with others, not so vintage at all.

Maybe shoot should have been titled “Dare to be different” cos thats what i see this as. Stepping out of the norm scenery, the norm styling (short dress, high top hair).

Nevertheless, good work. Team duduguy all the way. Dude gots to take my wedding pics.

• AVID BLOG READER

February 6, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Gbam!

16. Love me Love me

February 6, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Nice body of work. the background was a little distracting. some of the grime shown was overwhelming

17. OmoMakun

February 6, 2014 at 8:26 pm

Great Job DuduGuy & GazMadu! #LoveIt

18. Samantha

February 7, 2014 at 10:11 am

Look at my girl Emy….love it love it.

19. MOTHER'S DAUGHTER

February 7, 2014 at 10:17 am

if it was a foreigner that did this work I know there would be a lot of applause. why will you call those bars? like you don’t stay in Nigeria. we need to support our country men. not find fault in everything. this was a great job. simple and classic I loved the hair cut I had to save it. will cut my hair that way lol

• Bobosteke & Lara Bian

February 7, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I called them bars because they look like bars and they are actually bars which in Nigerian parlance are referred to as “burglary proof”. I recent that you consider me such a philistine and in such in public space even if posted anonymously. I do not need to kowtow to you or anybody. I do not need your consent, your permission or to please you. You are incredibly myopic to consider that everyone (like you) opines based on the nationality of the product or person. I do not always call it as I see it because sometimes a lot of hogwash and putting down (because the commenter would never measure up) is disguised in statements like: “I’m just speaking my mind” or “I’m just being sincere”. But dang if I wont comment on a direct opposite of what is indicated. Consider my comments again. Was it not reasoned? Because it was done by a Nigerian, I should give them a high five and tell them they did well and not point out the flaws? Such a pity. Such a huge undesirable pity. Have recourse to the BN and the mamalawo picture that was put up on another post. Did they not change it after BNer’s commented? Take a while to ponder.

While we are at it, “Love Wears Many Phases” is another suggested title.

• olla

February 8, 2014 at 6:33 am

sip some zobo n let ur mind kulleeeee. chai on top wetin? Maybe u need to understand or examine d POV of the artist. Maybe their aim is to shift d focus from d luxurious background BL is used to, n put on the individual who owns d day. Not everyone in naija can afford a dubai background wedding n have legs long enough to secure some fancy lekki resorts… so madam abi na sir self bia, coolu temper n dis own oyinbo too tune am down biaaaaaa o.

20. Techno

February 7, 2014 at 6:35 pm

There will always be critics sha!! Spending their time trying to pull others down to their level. This idea and photography will be given a major thumbs up anywhere around the world, infact i am in my work place in the UK now and my colleagues are going crazy over the concept. I havent met any of thos that put these together but all i can say is they did a pretty fine job. Well done to all that were involved!

21. Seun

February 7, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Duduguy is always been the man!!!! Would love to work with this guy!!

22. Bella

February 8, 2014 at 9:04 am

Headpieces by Fascination Bespoke Accessories.

23. pinkie

February 8, 2014 at 10:54 am

People can downgarde sha. I love some of the pix due to my personality and I saved it. Well done!

24. Adelaiade

February 8, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Though this is not the vintage I expected, it was sought of okay. And by the way love the first girl’s hair

25. uju

February 12, 2014 at 3:33 pm

na wa oo….one would think you have a personal beef with the photogs…i agree it isnt the vintage i was expecting but i applaud the different touch they brought up in here…btw..broda Dudu wearing that bulky dress after the wedding,,odikwa somehow biko…