News

Charles Novia: “If I was the President, I would have sacked Lamido months ago”

BellaNaija.com

Charles Novia & Lamido Sanusi - February 2014 - BellaNaija

If I was the President, I would have sacked Lamido months ago. His cup had runneth over with wines of insurbordination, contempt for the Commander-in-Chief and gross financial recklessness amounting to over N60 billion naira unchecked donations based on a nebulous “independence of the Central Bank of Nigeria”.

I am aware that the CBN Act gives full independence to the Central Bank but the act did not state that the CBN Governor should be an authority of Governance unto himself. He had succeeded in creating an opposition Government within the ambits of his independence. There was no hiding the disdain in which he held the President, a barely concealed contempt for the man “wey dey give you chop”.

Lamido has a Superiority Complex. Such people would confuse their bluntness for being rebels against a system. A loquacious gift is not a yardstick for political intelligence. Lamido crossed the line between keeping to his brief as CBN Governor and openly canvassing to be the next Emir of Kano or currying favours by donating billions to some institutions in those areas which would aid his royal ambitions.

For the record, I am as peeved as many Nigerians about the shortcomings of the Jonathan Administration in many areas. I also join millions of people in asking for full accountability of the NNPC ‘missing $20 billion’. But I also know a lot about heirachical politics and administration. The Guy who employs you is your f***king Boss! You disagree with him in private. You don’t come out all prima donna to undermine his authority because you have an opposition Press on your side and a tribal mindset of supporters egging you on. Damn it! I would show you who the boss is, if it was me.

And you know why Jonathan’s payback is a bitch to Sanusi? Lamido will spend the next few months trying to clear his name over the ‘financial recklessness’ he has been accused of. His credentials have been officially stained. Yes, he would scream that Jonathan is corrupt too but Nigerians have heard that before. Nothing new. What is novel would be the documents which will fly out soon from the Government exposing Sanusi’s hidden deals. That is how politics works.

And let us be clear about this; there is nothing like clean politics. When you are up there, you always fight for your survival. Even those of you working in offices and corporations know how it works.

****
Charles Novia wrote this article on his official website – charlesnoviadaily.com

1. Dr. N

February 21, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Let him who is without sin….I really hope the allegations against him are bogus. To point accusing fingers when you have skeletons…Watching the action film

2. Ed

February 21, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I love this write up……

3. Marvel

February 21, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I hear Mr Ovia on what seems like some arrogance from Mallam Lamido. That said, It can be a nightmare working under someone who seems perpetually clueless. The koko is, this is down to the missing billions’ whistle blowing and that will NOT go away. Let us not encourage theft or cover it,which sadly looks like what the sack is about. Lamido’s tenure would have ended in June. You decide if it isn’t spite.

• jinkelele

February 21, 2014 at 5:44 pm

well said

• Ed

February 21, 2014 at 6:00 pm

The corruption of NNPC never began today nor in Jonathan’s tenure. It’s been there for ages. All CBN governors must have been aware of it. The point here is Sanusi’s disdain, disregard, and disrespect for the president.
      The same way you are referring to Jonathan as clueless is the same way Sanusi must have thought him to be. Underestimating a man who continues to clearly supersede expectations……

• Confuzzled

February 21, 2014 at 8:07 pm

The point is that someone needs to hold the NNPC accountable. Are you saying that just because they have been corrupt for a long time means that we should accept it as the norm? Are you seriously saying that? This is the sort of defeatist and lazy thinking that has made Nigeria the shithole it is today.

I seriously question the priorities of anyone that seeks to abstract from the MAIN ISSUE OF GRAFT (as raised by Sanusi) by using useless words like ‘disdain, disregard, and disrespect for the president’. What does that have to do with anything? Are we not in a Democracy? Is Jonathan a god?

Aside from a few bruised egos, SLS’s supposed arrogance has nothing to do with anything. It’s like you guys went to a seminar on ‘Missing the Point’ or something. Ugh.

• Donald-Landon

February 21, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Did you seriously just write “Underestimating a man who continues to clearly supersede expectations……” in regards to Goodluck Jonathan’s work. Someone please slap my head because I can’t think straight at this point. Really Jonathan has superseded expectations. Nigeria is definitely finished. The last time I checked Goodluck Jonathan is a Federal public official and should be accountable to all its citizens. So what the bullcrap do you mean by disrespect for the president. $20 billion is supposedly missing and NNPC hasn’t been audited for 9 freaking years and your so called president whom you believe has superseded expectation hasn’t probed or queried NNPC. In a half sane country if that large amount of money is unaccounted for there would have been uproar from the citizens. In Nigeria’s case no citizen is supposed to question thing because that will be oops disrespectful. Of course he isn’t going to question anyone because thieves don’t question thieves about their escapades; they join them. If he was doing his job I am pretty sure nobody will be calling him out.
      -From reading some comment’s yesterday and then yours; I have come to the conclusion that the citizens of Nigeria are not ready for a gradual corrupt free nation even if it is slapped in front of their faces. Jonathan just showed the world that he is a dictator and no one dares question him or hold him accountable because that will be disrespecting him according to some gullible citizens. I don’t know about you but I smell the stench of Abacha’s regime all over again. Jonathan keep doing you. You are the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria. The gullible yes ma’am citizens deserve you and you deserve them in return in every way.
      $20 billion is very little; Abacha set a standard when it comes to unaccounted funds. Mr. President you need to up your game next time make it $60 billion. And if anyone dares question you throw their asses in jail, chase them into asylum, kill them just like your pilfering brother Abacha did in his regime or throw them in a cage filled with Rottweiler’s and Doberman Pinscher. Oh and lastly you might want to place a call to President Kim Jong Un or President Mugabe who seems to be closer to Nigeria; I am sure they wouldn’t mind giving you some more tips on being a dictator. Now get back to work and aim for superseding Abacha’s standard.

• Muky

February 22, 2014 at 7:36 am

Sanusi was hired to manage nigeria’s apex bank ND monetary policies which he has done well and not respect president GEJ. please don’t miss the point. The president’s action simply proves to the world that he doesn’t care about his notion’s financial future, after all he told us sometime ago that he doesn’t give a damn. Open your eyes and understand the issue well.

• Tincan

February 22, 2014 at 8:48 am

Care to share how Jonathan has exceeded expectations? In what world?

• Energybill

February 23, 2014 at 9:36 pm

@ Ed, I don’t know what to say to you but shake my head. Some people have appropriately replied you here so I won’t bother.

@ Donald-London, we think alike. I said it before on a previous Jonathan’s post. That man has got flaming dictatorial tendencies and If he is not checked, what Abacha did to Nigeria and Nigerians will be child’s play! If my history serves me right most dictators in history were regarded as stupid or inconseqential in their early days e.g Hitler and closer to home, Abacha.The same way SLS and some others refer to Jonathan as stupid and clueless was the same way Obasanjo and others referred to Abacha as stupid, who wouldn’t make a good officer if he ever became one.

I feel sad and smh at some of my generation especially with some comments here. Indeed we are not ready for a corrupt free nation. It’s true the problems of Nigeria can not be solved in a day or a day, but a journey of a thousand miles begns with a step. I’m afraid we are not even at the starting line yet if majority of the people are like Charles Novia and some BN commenters.

4. Ndidi

February 21, 2014 at 5:48 pm

and the saga continues………….
    watch out for part 7

5. Lilblackamour

February 21, 2014 at 5:53 pm

I think sometimes people should speak with facts and not just hear say. Sanusi brought sanity to the Nigerian Financial Sector. If only you imagined that if not for Sanusi, then we wonder what could have become of the Nigerian Banking Sector currently.

This whole suspension of Sanusi is nothing but a framework to cover up the missing fund which he whistle blowed on. All I can say is that, i don’t think its time to cast stone but to watch and see this whole friction unfolds. God bless Nigeria.

• 'Lapeju

February 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm

GEJ already knows there’ll be plenty of whistle blowing and he’s jst blown one on SLS. The man has too many roaches in his cupboard and he’s there forming ‘saviour of CBN’ I detest them all! From the president to the irritant councillor in my estate, they’re all manipulators. I give these 2 a year and they’ll be smiling to the cameras holding each other. Shior

• 'Lapeju

February 21, 2014 at 9:20 pm

• Sandi

February 23, 2014 at 9:38 pm

The same way he blew the whistle on missing money that ended up being false abi? Dude knew this was coming considering that an audit confirmed that he should’ve been fired in June of last year. Realising that he was about to be sacked he started forming Saviour. Whose to say he didn’t start making allegations to make it look like he was being fired to cover up something? Especially when his first allegation was false and he admitted to it. Whose to say he’s not lying now? Jonathan was too patient with him.
      He’s saying NNPC has not been audited since 2005, please who has been CBN Governor all these years, it’s now his conscience is clear abi?

6. Chibabe

February 21, 2014 at 5:53 pm

• Leila

February 22, 2014 at 12:43 am

Hmmm @lilblackamour and chibabe aren’t you one and the same person. Abeg check yourself before Bella wreck yourself.

7. kemi babalola

February 21, 2014 at 5:54 pm

8. nimi

February 21, 2014 at 5:56 pm

He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

• Ifeanyi

February 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm

no body is paying anyone…Nigeria is paying them all and no One..not even the presidency has the exclusive right to the Nation’s resources! *Colonial Mentality*

• Okechukwu Ofili

February 23, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Thank you Ifeanyi. People talking like the Presidency is like the Principal of their Secondary school. There is what we call check and balances. At any one time the Senate can check the President and the President can check the Senate. It is to ensure a Democratic dictatorship is not created.

9. Ooz

February 21, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Thank God you’re not the president then. As it is, you no dey gree make we hear word!

• jude esovo

February 23, 2014 at 8:23 pm

charles u are a senseless person, no wonder u never made any headway acting. Ruben Abati should watch out, you scheming to take his damned job!

10. Anon

February 21, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Or could it be the Ibru curse pointblanknews.com/pressrelease329.html?

11. Felinda1

February 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm

shut up Charles Novia, everything you have a view on it – aba!, is it everything you should say something about.

I dont blame you, I blame blogs like BellaNaija who dont have anything better to do than post nonsense topics just for clicks and traffic. How relevant is his opinion. Mchewwwwww. Out of all the smart intelligent opinions out there from the nigerian population this is the one you felt was worth posting, because HE IS WHO sef????????? mchewww.

Try and post opionions from smart people not always Charles Novia.

• Anon

February 22, 2014 at 2:08 am

I Love u already felinda *kiss*kiss* Charles Novia always has something to say! He should take sevral seats jare 8-| he’s a SABINTUS 😀 from SA fingering Ng in bba wen Bev n angelo had shii its beyond d physical eyes !I think charles novia is mentally deralled u. Know dat saying many are mad few are roaming!walahi! Charles novia is amongs d many are mad.I neva take him serious

• just me

February 22, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Anon haff finished me! Novia is among the many are mad. Love that line joooor

• lorenz

February 22, 2014 at 10:44 pm

What does Charles Novia know about the economy and how the financial system works. Does he think this is Nollywood? And bellanaija, who made him an authority on political and economic matters. Charles Novia reminds me of a child who just learnt something new and is too impatient to share his immature and uncooked views. Bella, if it concerns nollywood, you can post a Novia opinion. This concerns the economy, politics, fiscal policies and whistleblowing. Ah! Ah! Una no try at all.

12. Lekan

February 21, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Charles, go and read BOFID and CBN Act then you will be ore enlightened on the removal of CBN. It’s not Noble wood.

• Silent Majority

February 24, 2014 at 8:25 am

@ Lekan. Thank you. Its completely irrelevant whats sanusi did or didnt do. there is a precisely laid down process for his removal. Sanusi is not his driver or houseboy. If you want to remove him; by all mean please do but you cannot suspend him. There is no provision for it. Whats been done now is a completely illegal sacking.

13. @edDREAMZ

February 21, 2014 at 6:30 pm

Mr man, this aint nollywood ok…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN THE SUN***

14. TA

February 21, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Wow! Brilliant! Thank you so very much Charles Novia. A lot of persons are hailing Sanusi calling him a whistleblower and hailing him with all these fancy encomiums you reserve for persons who have integrity and am like really? As they say,he who comes to equity must come with clean hands. Sanusi is by no means clean,he is only shouting wolf because of GEJ’s 2015 political ambitions which majority of the Northern politicians/elite are vehemently against. Sanusi appears to be on our side,i.e fighting corruption but get this; this man is as bad if not worse than his fellow corrupt public officials he is pointing fingers at. (He is obviously for the political party APC)
    let us go back a bit, In January 2009,Vanguard published an article,profiling potential candidates who would be the next CBN governor after Soludo. They stated clearly that Sanusi Lamido would be the next Governor and that he has a mandate to remove 5 top bank CEOs! Am not a fan of conspiracy theories so I did not think much of it… In August 2009,their prediction came to pass. I was beyond shocked. I mean this guy was clearly acting on a script…
    If GEJ has no intention of running in 2015,we woould not be having this conversation of Sanusi aka ‘whistlebower wannabe’ suspended …My point in all of this? Sanusi is as bad and corrupt as his fellow politicians masquerading as public servants.
    May our hunger for an honest and upright public official not let us ‘chop shit’ and think its food. Sanusi is same of the same.

15. jhno

February 21, 2014 at 6:44 pm

OGA OVIA, YES WE KNOW SANUSI HAS HIS BAD SIDES, BUT DON’T CONFUSE THE ISSUES AT HAND, WHERE ARE THE MISSING 20 BILLION DOLLARS ? WHY IS DIEZINE STILL AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIRS AFTER SO MANY INDICTMENTS ? WHY IS HE ALWAYS FAST TO REMOVE PEOPLE THAT ARE PERCEIVED ENEMIES AND LEAVE HIS CORRUPT INEPT MINISTERS (E.G ODUAH,DIEZINE,ORUBEBE)> LIKE THEY USUALLY SAY YANGA DEY SLEEP, TROUBLE GO WAKE AM,YOU WILL SEE THAT JONATHAN ACTED HASTILY IN SUSPENDING SANUSI.

16. BB

February 21, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I don’t. Want to know about the missing money because even if I know ‎it will not make anyy diffrence,the money will not gt to my papa. House afterall.

• I send small

February 22, 2014 at 12:15 am

But that’s the mentality that is killing naija…if that money is discovered (which is impossible unless you go searching for it down some people’s toilets cos they don chop am) it will go to your papa getting better electricity supply, it will go to the road outside your papa’s house being better so that the risk of him fracturing his femur because he almost fell into a gutter is greatly reduced–why do we even still have gutters by the roadside in Nigeria? If that money is discovered, your dad could even get social welfare grants like old age allowance, I’m not just talking pension and stuff… Sounds like a dream right? That’s a shame, this is the norm in most countries and until Nigeria speaks up for change, she will die in silence. If the people do not show dissatisfaction, then we’re only subliminally saying do more harm, yes, steal from us. If your partner always opens your wallet and takes out money and you say nothing, the message you’re sending is, “yes, do more, steal from me whenever you need Brazilian hair.” Let’s deal with our problem people. No one else is really willing to clean up the mess we’ve all created and permitted–we alone must deal with this and get our house in order.

• Bukky

February 22, 2014 at 12:30 am

What a daft Nigerian! Bellanaija I took my time to type my comment please approve it Abeg …ah ah!

17. Felinda1

February 21, 2014 at 7:13 pm

and by the way why are they holding the election on Valentine day next year Feb 14 2015. Why will they choose that day of all days sef

18. Barbie

February 21, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Beautiful write up,Charles Novia you’ve said it all,I hope Jonathan teaches this leech a lesson the way Obasanjo did Atiku

19. ileola

February 21, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Its people like you that are giving Nigeria problems – GEJ is NOT and i repeat NOT Sanusi’s boss. GEJ and Sanusi are public servants. The tax paying citizens of Nigeria are the bosses of both men ! GEJ has no right to sack Sanusi just as you Charles Novia cannot sack GEJ for gross mismanagement of Nigeria’s funds

20. jcsgrl

February 21, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I agree with you Mr Novia. Spot on! The man’s insubordination is preposterous. Ahn ahn only in Nja. I’m not a GEJ fan, but c’mon naa. You no dey fear? Anyway its GEJ who obviously doesn’t have spine mcheew

• Donald-Landon

February 22, 2014 at 1:17 am

You might want to take some time and read on the downfall of cases like Enron, Arthur Anderson, Lehman Brothers, Worldcom or Tyco. There were subordinates who were not even involved in the whole looting and financial discrepancies but knew about the crap going on: guess what happened to most of them 12yrs in jail hit them. So because someone is your boss your lips are supposed to be superglued even when you can clearly see severe looting and financial unaccountability going on. I don’t know about anyone but no boss has that kind of power over me. I refuse to be a yes ma’am person. When looting takes place it’s always at the detriment of other people’s lives. I would never sit down with my mouth zip locked and watch some boss partake in looting and watch other folks suffering at the receiving end. I am a believer in second chances so if I caught someone partaking in looting money I will call them in private 3 times and if nothing is done about it then they will have the auditors and forensic employment lawyers to face. I did that at the first organization I worked in right after my undergraduate degree. If you are my boss : do a good a job and I will praise you; steal money and it would be a different tune.

• Tosin

February 22, 2014 at 2:17 pm

God bless you.

• Sandi

February 23, 2014 at 9:45 pm

There’s a difference between insubordination and whistle blowing. Whistle blowing will require evidence to prove. When you have blown the whistle and it was false, it makes you loose credibility on other whistle blowing issues.
      I think people are quick to accept all whistle blowers as credible. Have we all forgotten that Sanusi made claims of missing funds that were false??? For a CBN Governor to make false missing funds accusation, that says a lot about his character and it’s all in the negative. Especially when he has been caught moving the Country’s money. What makes you think his allegations isn’t to cover up for what he has done?

21. Changing Faces

February 21, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Mr. Novia is spot on… we can all insult the president from the comfort of our homes as we don’t work directly with him, but how many of us will continually openly undermine our bosses and make him look foolish? If he’s soo incompetent and clueless, pls resign and join us in the comfort of your home! No boss will tolerate a staff like Sanusi, none!

• Okechukwu Ofili

February 23, 2014 at 1:18 pm

wtf Nigeria! Goodluck is not Sanusi’s boss! We need to make political science mandatory in University.

22. M

February 21, 2014 at 7:58 pm

That is why you can’t be the president, you sound like your uncle Mugabe ,so Nigeria is your fathers property or something????Obama gets insulted everyday and he is aware of the jokes made about him but he his yet to sack anyone cause of that…..Oga Charles biko go take a nap.

23. Kryx

February 21, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Thank God and providence, that you aint the President. Mr. Novia is speaking with such vtriol as though, he is Jonathan puppet. How clueless can a President be? Such bad timing leaves all in doubt that Jonathan’s government and The Cabals, if they exist, are scared as hell, and would do anything to get someone this enlightened to ‘suspend’ his voice. Sanusi is no saint, though he is loudmouthed, I think, there is a saying that, ‘evil thrives in the silence of good men’. As for Mr. Novia and his sanctimony on loyalty, ask the said Jonathan some questions on loyalty to his erstwhile ‘Ogas-at-the-Top’

24. Cee

February 21, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Exactly!

25. Stephanie

February 21, 2014 at 8:07 pm

This drama tho…
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

26. chika

February 21, 2014 at 8:28 pm

@Ed like seriously, the corruption of NNPC did not start with Jonathan’s administration and other Cbn governors are aware of it so Sanusi should have shut up and maintained the status quo so he doesn’t rock the boat. Are you listening to yourself? A country indeed deserves the rulers they get. It is for people like you that we get the kind of corrupt rulers we are plagued with for if you don’t hold them to accountability, who would?

27. mimi

February 21, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Nigerians are the weakest ppl on earth… SOLD OUT population. how can u support GoodLuck Sanusi come over … we appreciate your brain

28. Olanna

February 21, 2014 at 8:42 pm

We all know that nollywood is very pro GEJ so this sounds like a ” let me support the hand that feeds me” rant

29. Bukky

February 21, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Really… Analysis from a charles Novia is taken serious now? Very funny! A man who has never proven in any way that he has any intelligent none in him through his work but thrives on relevance by sucking on the flowing blood of any already cut issue? Bella Naija I hail oh… Charles desperate for attention Novia seriously? This is what you reduce our intelligent reading ability to? God is watching you oh…

30. mr worf

February 21, 2014 at 9:08 pm

I think this article and some of the comments here show that Nigerians are their own worst enemy and we truly have the government that we deserve. The people accusing Sanusi of recklessness and ignoring the manyy positive effects he had on the Nigerian economy during his tenure will be screaming tomorrow when another scandal breaks. The fact that corruption existed in NNPC before Jonathan is no excuse for him not to fix it. I just find it funny how tribalistic we really are when the facts about what has and is happening in is this government is plain to see for anyone who reads the papers or follows the news on Tv.

31. sam

February 21, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Sanusi delineate his suspension as political, inquisitive why the Presidency had waited for this long to get rid of him from workplace
    businessideas.com.ng/cbn-jonathan-suspends-lamido-sanusi-cbn-gov

32. Oluwaferanmi

February 21, 2014 at 9:16 pm

The challenge with building anything significant in Nigeria is this whole personalization of institutions. This is not down to something between Sanusi and Goodluck Jonathan, as most people who have criticized Sanusi are saying. It is the case of missing billions of dollars. If that does not make you sad, with the amount of poverty all around us, then we are living in Sodom and Gomorrah. Mr Novia has fallen into the same trap that most otherwise intelligent people have fallen into in this case – assessing this crisis in terms of the personality of the CBN Governor and not the problem he pointed to. Have the money been found? No. While Sanusi is replying with facts and figures, we are whipping up emotional anti-Sanusi sentiments when we should be dealing with the issues raised. Monies that should have been used to build hospitals that someone who is dying this second can be treated in has vanished and all we are doing is talking about the person who called our attention to the theft. When this same Sanusi along with Mrs Okonjo Iweala was defending the subsidy withdrawal a few years ago, he was a star of this same president but now that he said money is missing, he is a villain! Thank God you are not the president Bro. Stick to movies, abeg!

33. Vivian

February 21, 2014 at 9:22 pm

Beautiful piece.

34. Xity

February 21, 2014 at 9:32 pm

And you are not the President, so shut it…….too know!!!

35. lamide

February 21, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Charles novia,shut up there. Stick with abusing actors,dat wat u knw how to do best.

• jude esovo

February 23, 2014 at 8:21 pm

charles you a bloody sycophant, just writing useless piece, cos u want to get a call from aso rock, olodo, ewu nama!

36. olajumoke

February 21, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Mr Charles Novia…assuming you were the president, its a sure fact you would steal billions and you would tear to pieces the person who dares look you in the eye. A servant is under his master’s authority pertaining to the work given to him, he is not a servant when it comes to integrity issues as all men must stand up for themselves.We know who is boss……. the man who says the truth, not the man who tries to hide it.

37. LION

February 21, 2014 at 10:27 pm

WELL WRITTEN CHARLES! Thank God all youths are not so gullible and foolishly impressionable. There’s hope for Nigeria.

38. waka waka

February 21, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Muppet! Only description who thinks Jonathan did the right thing can only be described as a fool, nothing more nothing less! All this nonsense about respect, insurbordination, arrogance is starting to pass from exasperating into outright annoying! Respect is earned by virtue of your character and ability to lead! It is not a God given right! If Jonathan acted like a man worthy of respect, led as a president should…maybe he would have gotten more respect from Sanusi. Mr Charles Novia or whatever u call yourself, answer me this oh! Even if Mr Sanusi did wrong, was insurbodinate and so on as u put it, is it right for the president of a democratic country in this day and age to ignore due process and take decisions willy nilly? Even if he believed Sanusi deserved to be let go of, wouldnt the right thing to do to bring the issue before the House?? If the President of a country flouts its laws and constitution as he sees fit, how can we expect ordinary citizens to do better? Who died and told him he was above the law??? And on top all this nonsense, we are meant to be respecting him! Mscheew!
    Please Nigerians, wake up and smell the urine that is being peddled to you as coffee!!! That is all! Mscheew!!!

39. Peps

February 21, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Charles Novia hasn’t a clue about anything that matters. Please stick to directing movies, a task that you are barely decent at. Jonathan is not the person “wey dey give Sanusi food chop” as you have suggested. The Central Bank is supposed to be independent. Jonathan has not followed due process in effecting his removal. The Clueless One is once more acting like a military dictator and this one is here writing rubbish!

40. COCO

February 21, 2014 at 11:16 pm

I believe that all the people that post comments such as “beautiful piece” are all working for Reuben Abati…if not, there is no hope for Nigeria. As for people like Charles Novia, never ever again complain about the state of development(or lack as the case is), you just lost the right to. No one ever believed Sanusi to be superman but to put the blame on him is preposterous, worse still, your reasons are laughable. I need to check out your movies to see if there has ever been any sense in at least 1…now that would be a surprise!

• Tincan

February 22, 2014 at 8:44 am

Honestly !

• zda

February 23, 2014 at 11:25 am

He isn’t relevant in nollywood any more so he has to be in the news any which way. There is no hope for this country anymore.

41. I send small

February 21, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Next thing you go hear say Charles Novia na commissioner. Tufia!

42. Kayjad

February 21, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Insubordination is an offense but corruption is a greater offense. When we have people like Mr. Novia put insubordination as an offence greater than corruption I am worried for the future of Nigeria. Lastly the president of Nigeria has no right to circumvent the constitution the CBN act of 2007 required two thirds of the senate to sack the CBN governor did Johnathan get it No!!!

Who are we kidding in this country! Corruption is the order of the day and very soon there will Bo nothing left for our future generation! A country where a whistle blower is penalize! God help us all.

43. Tee

February 22, 2014 at 12:12 am

GEJ made broad day light thieves resign just last week and what Sanusi deserved was a sack.Even with the report I just read abt running CBN with an outrageous amount isn’t as bad as what Stella odua did,manipulating different agencies with Cosharis who hasn’t been criticised much.I bet the resignation is sabatical leave,which means bigger position if they win the election.If Jonathan is looking for who to sack,it should be Maduke allison that has been dragged into EFCC case since 2012 but wriggling out somehow cos of the assets of the ppl she’s protecting.GEJ sack Allison too,I bet you need to grow some balls to do that

44. Cool cat

February 22, 2014 at 12:54 am

Wow. Have we really gotten to the point where corruption is now acceptable? I used to think Charles novia had small sense but naaa. This is on another level of stupid. So losing his position as CBN gov will make him less of a man, or lose his credibility.

45. Kubcy

February 22, 2014 at 12:55 am

For me just the thot of the $20 billion missing which is the worth of Dangote scares me and still the president has the mind to suspend Sanusi……Deziani Must Gooo weather they like it or not!!!

• Tosin

February 22, 2014 at 11:31 am

word! I can totally get behind this.

46. hollabeesie

February 22, 2014 at 3:34 am

@kayjad…well said,u jst spoke my mind.Even if its true dt lamido sanusi is as corrupt as oda public office holder,at least he did one rite thing before leavin office.

47. undaunted sw.

February 22, 2014 at 5:58 am

conclusively, tribalism is killing us, 1 igbo in an organization wil if giving chance, take im papa, mama, all is family even im pikin self come join him, when secret is about exposing, we acts fast, that is what that idiot GEJ has done. Only almighty God can help us all. Thanks

• Nneks

February 22, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Hi, no offence but GEJ is not Igbo, learn your Nigerian cultures please thanks. Also what you accuse is what Lamido Sanusi is famous for doing in CBN. All the same pls be familiar with Nigeria.

• Sandi

February 24, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Thank you, SLS surrounded himself with his people in CBN to cover his looting and now people are hailing him as a saviour because he says money is missing. He should provide evidence before I’ll hold him as any saviour.

48. charles A.

February 22, 2014 at 6:21 am

charles Nobrain abi waiting be your surname, it is painful to be answering this name as you, if you were elected to d position, we go dey buy 1 tin of garri 4 N100, well this will makes sanusi even more known and powerful with this last minute transparency, BADLUCK OKELE JONATHAN,where d hell is our 20 billion dollars. Oh Thats urge, Dangote’s m. worth is missing, Y’all shall surely account for it. Not here o, but the hereafter, cos God is watching

49. Dlapikin

February 22, 2014 at 6:55 am

How could he have left Stella keep her position for so long and sack Sanusi so recklessly? So she could steal as much as she wanted as long as she remained obedient? Is that what Charles Novia is trying to tell us?

50. Lollipop

February 22, 2014 at 7:50 am

Unfortunately, Charles you can never be President of Nigeria, maybe your movie association that is if they are okay with your arrogance. Corruption might have been in NNPC before Jonathan came in but it is so high in his tenure…. The kind of fraud being committed in NNPC is enough to make Nigeria bleed. How come GEJ didn’t send Deziani packing, she should be investigated

51. Bartitsu

February 22, 2014 at 8:08 am

Isn’t the Internet amazing? It gives every cretin a voice and an opportunity to seek relevance.
    Charles who? Firstly you fail to understand that the CBN governor is not a politician, takes no instructions from the president and his allegiance is to the nation, ergo the stability of the economy.

He was well within his rights to expose the corruption in the NNPC as well as air his views on any matter. Maybe this persons statement that Sanusi has a superiority complex is an indicator that the writer harbours an inferiority complex towards people like Sanusi.

I am not a fan of the former central bank governor, but I will give him his due, when he brought down the Ibrus and Akingbolas he was considered a hero, and was praised the world over. Suddenly he steps on some more toes and is hounded out in the most embarrassing (embarrassing for the government) manner. Lets look at the facts, Stella Oduah is exposed as a thief and fraud, and she is protected, it was revealed that she forged her credentials and she remained in her position and was allowed to leave office with her head held high.

Tom polo, a militant is allowed to run roughshod all over the country as the head of NIMASA, running a protection racket and is given a free hand.

Subsidy thieves are protected and are living the life of Riley, and its Sanusi that has been put to the sword.

Deianira is raping NNPC photographed on private jets, throwing her wealth in our faces and she is still in her position, and Sanusi is suspended on some weak allegations.

So Charles Novia, kindly step aside and speak not of men like Sanusi, because you are not of their ilk, stick to making your sub standard Nollywood plays.

52. dami

February 22, 2014 at 8:23 am

Nigeria is a sorry case

53. Tincan

February 22, 2014 at 8:43 am

I fear for the future of this nation. I cannot believe anyone in their right mind would support a so-called president who cannot treat allegations around NNPC’s misappropriation of such a huge sum of money but instead deems it a priority to unlawfully remove the CBN gov. I am disgusted beyond measure. Sorry but from some of these comments, Nigerians are not really ready for change. Was SLS employed to do a job or to respect GEJ? Even if SLS is somewhat arrogant, what about a so-called Mr humble who pardons criminals like Alamisiegha or whatever his name is. Isn’t that arrogance, ignorance and criminality rolled into one. I’m so disgusted.

54. Me

February 22, 2014 at 8:50 am

Nigerian open your eyes and stop being gullible and naive. CBN spent $303 billion naira compared to $20 billion from NNPC. This comment says it all

“The charges against Sanusi has been in the public domain since May last year following Ernst and Young’s audit report on the CBN…
    The Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria had also published their damning report on Sanusi’s CBN about that same period…
    The president had even served Sanusi a query in view of the reports and was to proceed with asking the man to resign in June last year when Sanusi urged some northern elders to plead on his behalf before the president…
    The president held up action against the man, since he appeared to have been prevailed upon by the elders…
    Even the National Assembly’s investigations on the man since 2012 revealed only the sordid…
    Recall that he told the whole world in 2012 at an occasion at the Igbinedion University, Okada, that a whooping 25 per cent of the nation’s budgetary overheads were spent on servicing the parliament…
    Miffed parliamentarians had to summon him to the floor of the House where he began to make feeble clarifications to his damaging statement…
    But they did their investigations, nonetheless, whereupon was discovered that for the period under review, the National Assembly only spent N150 billion in comparison to CBN’s N303 billion…
    They also recovered facts to the effect that the CBN under Sanusi spent N98 billion, which were unaccounted for!!!!
    The problem is that Sanusi is a master abuser of power and office…
    He felt that since the CBN’s budget was not amenable to NASS appropriation, just as the institution’s expenditure were not subject to NASS’ oversight powers, that was enough reason for him to spend as he fancied..
    He went berserk and reckless in his spending pattern, not knowing that the long arm of the law would catch up with him some day…
    He felt that the doctrine of checks and balances was inapplicable to his office and institution…
    He felt himself higher than even the number one citizen in the land…
    He forgot that there was the Fiscal Responsibility Act…
    He forgot that there was the Public Procurement Act, among other statutory instruments…
    Now, his actions gravely offend the provisions of law, and he must face the music…
    Thinking he would win the sympathy of Nigerians by accusing the government of frittering away billions of dollars, the enacted the blackmail gambit…
    But there is nothing hidden under the sun!
    Sanusi, who is good at pointing accusing fingers on others, must now face trial either for absolution or condemnation”

• Confuzzled

February 22, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Is this wild conjecture and propaganda, or do you have any sort of proof to back up your claims? Be more factual. Where are the links, the reports? At least with SLS’s claims there is some public history we can all review.

55. Tony

February 22, 2014 at 9:43 am

Novia just spoke like a dimwit.With people like him who should know better arguing from an egoistical point of view then Nigeria is really screwed.basically he is discouraging people from speaking out.I believe Sanusi dind`t suddenly wake up and decided to go public with his views;something must have informed his decision.We just shut down another hellow

56. trufactoid

February 22, 2014 at 10:02 am

It is just musical chairs going on. Sanusi’s people are all in APC including that mental fellow Rufai who never says a word when Sanusi or Ribadu do bad things. Sanusi wants to stop the source of funding GEJ’s election. GeJ needed the funds to pay all the goat heads but the goat heads have all rushed into to APC to chop Tinubu and Lagos State money. None of them is clean, we are the fools that they keep using.

57. Tosin

February 22, 2014 at 11:39 am

Did this man really say/write “his cup had runneth over” ? Oh wow, that is embarrassing!
    When my guy, my love, mi amor, Olamide, showed up with “Baddest Guy Ever Liveth” yeah I felt like his old-English needed some work but 1. he has poetric license, maybe it could be read, poetically-speaking as Baddest Guy Ever, (he) Liveth, not an error in Baddest Guy Ever Lived, or Livest. Then again, he never said he was the voice of the German street. Or of the Oxford University street in the 19th century. but the voice of the street like Bariga, Aba, Agege, Yanya, Mushin, etc. I love Olamide!!!

But this guy wants to step to SLS with bad English? He’d better switch to another language and get a translator. Ridiculous.

• Tosin

February 22, 2014 at 2:23 pm

poetic.
      ah, so he’s into films.

58. Nneks

February 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Lol at Charles Novia. I can’t. I dont like the way Sanusi went about it but I will NEVER support GEJ smh

59. sηººÞ¬mιηι

February 22, 2014 at 12:43 pm

he shuld go afta everytin he has done
    sηººÞ¬mιηι

60. Tosin

February 22, 2014 at 2:39 pm

1. Now who is Charles Novia – sorry, the closest I can come up with is Nokia.
    2. Of course, many people would have sacked SLS long ago for insubordination. It wouldn’t make them right. In fact, “Mr Sanusi, who was due to end his term in June, has said that he was surprised it had taken the president so long to suspend him, given his own efforts to strike at the heart of corruption at the state oil company. He has also questioned the legality of the decision and warned that if the suspension is upheld, it will signal an end to Nigerian central-bank independence.” – AlJazeera report
    3. Important to note how important criticism and feedback are in a system as flawed as ours. And how it takes guts to do it. I’m a Jonathan supporter too, but the fact is Naija money will be stolen even faster within the next twelve months than before; while of course Lagos money will be stolen with extreme efficiency to fund the rival party. And is that an ok state of affairs by us? It’s ok by the ones that have not been sacked, and if they start talking rubbish too, they too will get moved aside so that the corruption can continue. This is the time to occupy, but you know how we are, it’s when someone wants to disturb your own miserable existence, that’s when you get all let’s occupy.
    One love. OK guys post this.

61. Liz

February 22, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Why are we all talking too much here,Sanusi was only suspended and not killed.So if there’s really any Beans to spill,I guess he should start talking else he too is not as clean as we are made to believe.#weneedawayforward.

62. ady

February 22, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Charles God bless. U,Nigerians just go with d wind ,it was dasame Nigerians that screamed at d top of their voices wen sanusi introduced d Islamic banking system in a country whr u have more than a religion, sanusi is just so arrogant and disrespectful,nobody remebers how sanusi donated millions of naira that belonged to thesame Nigerians for his brothers in d north,thesame sanusi rendered thousands jobless in his quest of sanitising d banking sector,pls give me a break! Ur hands will definitely get burnt if u want to outshine ur master! Read d 48 laws of power

• I send small

February 22, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Do you even know what the Islamic banking system is about? Just because it has Islam in it does not insinuate that it is automatically anti-Christian. Firing because of incompetence in a country where people get jobs not based on merits but by virtue of their connections is great–strap your shoe laces or get the big boot out and make way for Nigerians that are ready to burn the midnight oil and break their backs in delivering services that are up to par. We are all one Nigeria, his so-called brothers in the north are our brothers too. We are not a divided people; remember united we stand, divided we fall and we are not about to fall, not now, not in 2015 and not in a billion years to come. Every country has problems, we’ve had our fair share of troubles but as long as we don’t let looting, boko haram and the lot to divide us, we will live up to our potential and be a force to be reckoned with. But first we have to trust and respect each other. NNPC must start getting properly evaluated because western countries bring their PWCs and the like to come and audit our companies yet they don’t say anything about NNPC not being properly audited since 2005…seems like some countries are benefiting from watching the chaos we are permitting in our country and then later when the final damage has occurred and the irreconcilable breakdown of the blessed marriage that is of the north and south of Nigeria occurs, they’ll come and act like they want to come and help, the root of all our problems lies in our resources–it’s all somehow connected to our oil. And let us choose wisely when we elect leaders because before you “press ya haand” (in the first lady’s voice) you need to take the initiative to research the person you are voting for, what is that person’s background, their associations? because a friend of a thief is also a thief and every politician makes promises but talk is cheap. If we the populace educate ourselves and start making wise choices, we just might win this war that isn’t even between us but rather one that’s about us against the world (and by the world I hope it’s evident which key countries I’m referring to). We are one Nigeria and we will solve our problems by ourselves.

63. MISST

February 22, 2014 at 6:34 pm

JONATHAN IS LOOKING BAD COS THE FOREIGN MEDIA REPORT IT AS “SANUSI SUSPENDED FOR BLOWING WHISTLE ON CORRUPTION”

So who is looking bad now!!!! 🙂

64. uj

February 23, 2014 at 12:06 am

Saying Jonathan is clueless I an understatement. I respect the office of the president of Nigeria and I admire the courage to wanna be president. What is not acceptable is a president who does not know how the economy works and who don’t care about the Nigerian youth. This man can’t not even keep the unity in his own party. How do you expect a man who does not command the respect of his own party to govern Nigeria, The simple truth is this is a job too big for Jonathan. This man is still learning the job after so may years as president of Nigeria. Go read Wikileaks to know more about what you don’t know about president Jonathan.

I have nothing to say about this Novia guy.

65. uj

February 23, 2014 at 12:19 am

Where is the electricity Mr President? I think Mr Novia should send a letter to President Jonathan to ask what’s up with electricity supply in Nigeria. We are the country in perpetual darkness. We are the giant of Africa with no heart and soul. No we are not the giant, we are the disgrace of Africa.

66. NNENNE

February 23, 2014 at 12:22 am

Nigerian system of governance lack structure.Corruption will continue to exist until this is corrected. Human beings by nature have the tendency to cheat. The only way to control this is to have systems in place that promote transparency. Until this is done, corruption will continue to be our way of life not only among politicians but every day Nigerians.
    For starters, every one should have a national Identification number. Let us know who is who, who has what and their sources of income.
    We need to start executing our laws, not just making them.

67. NNENNE

February 23, 2014 at 12:23 am

We need to start executing our laws, not just making them.

68. NNENNE

February 23, 2014 at 12:47 am

Mr.Sanusi was suspended not sacked. He is still alive and can speak for himself. We all need to be patient, Everything will eventually come out in the open.
    @ Tosin..please leave Al jazeera network out of this because they take sides with their little knowledge of Nigeria.Am talking out of experience.
    Nigeria will be built by Nigerians. Make no mistake about it.

• Okechukwu Ofili

February 23, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Dear Nnenne…if you get suspended in Secondary School, does your Principal give out your desk space to a new student?

69. chum chum

February 23, 2014 at 12:49 am

Thank you Novia, I understand that a lot of people are talking rubbish here. Unfortunately this post is not a fashion post so am not surprise.

70. Peaches77

February 23, 2014 at 2:05 am

Kai, so sick and tired of all you people trying so hard to sound so intelligent. Why must one person be a saint and the other the devil. I think we should start analyzing these issues based facts, reports and papers on these events, and not just people’s opinions. I just don’t understand why one person has to be the savior and the other a thief. How about if both are highly questionable?? Yes, have you considered that? Ok we keep talking about how NNPC is corrupt, and probably for a long time now.. What about the petroleum bill which should begin to solve these issues, why hasn’t it been passed yet? What are the senators doing about it?

71. timi

February 23, 2014 at 11:59 am

All these semi literate nollywood idiots! Go read a book!!

72. Oloj

February 23, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Question, how much in FDI has Nigeria lost as a result of Jonathon’s decision? The consequences are far reaching to the stability of our economy and clearly not many people considered this including JEG. He wanted to make a personal point at the expense of the Nigerian economy. Wiser men would have dealt with it, swiftly and quietly. Secondly, we must dispel this ridiculous notion that government runs like any other employment structure. There is significant reasons for having various arms of government. A president should never have such wide reaching powers to hire and fire on his own. That is not the intention of democracy. For goodness sake, wake up! We live in a democracy and none of us even know what that is and what it is supposed to look like. Whether I agree or not we need more whistle blowers, trouble makers and opposition arguments. That is what builds democracy. Not one egomaniac lashing out at every one who opposes or challenges him. If you can’t respond to challenges you have no place in office. Further, if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck….! Suspended, fired?! Since we made made aware of his replacement so coincidentally, let’s see it for what it is. Next half of you would argue that the President has a right to seize his passport without filing criminal charges against the man. Rumor or otherwise.

73. Okechukwu Ofili

February 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Waiting for the Genevieve Nnaji rebuttal.

74. humble lion

February 23, 2014 at 2:15 pm

This country is in a big mess

75. NNENNE

February 23, 2014 at 5:54 pm

@Ofili …No. If he did I will challenge him as long as am alive.If my seat is very important, he can appointed someone to watch over it till the case is considered over because there is a possibility that I may come back if I am innocent.

76. Geeloow

February 23, 2014 at 8:54 pm

“If i were the president…..”, If wishes were horses, Beggers would what??…….
    Mr Novia, thats why you aint the president!!. You should listen to Sanusi when he said do not be blinded by this “sack” issue, focus on the missing money……

77. Proverbs

February 24, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I really think Mr Charles Novia should stick to topics like criticizing Miss Tonto Dikeh (he actually sounds ‘brilliant ‘doing that), and not engage in intellectual topics e.g the suspension of SLS.

Mr Charles Novia answer the following questions:
    1)The financial report indicting Mr Sanusi was released May/June 2013, why was he not suspended in July 2013.
    2) Why is the suspension coming in middle of the monumental 20billion dollars scandal?
    Since we now steal in billions may I remind the populace that this is roughly 3.2trillion naira( frittered away by very few Nigerians),someone should kindly bring me up to date as to our annual budget for 140million .
    If the case had been handled objectively, Mr Sanusi should have been tried in 2013 and unfettered access to CBN funds curbed ( i am pretty sure that loophole is there in the CBN act which Mr Sanusi has cashed in on to make his various donations), that is for this governor and subsequent ones.

78. Proverbs

February 24, 2014 at 4:09 pm

Mr Charles Novia answer the following questions:
    1)The financial report indicting Mr Sanusi was released May/June 2013, why was he not suspended in July 2013?
    Since we now steal in billions may I remind the populace that this is roughly 3.2trillion naira( frittered away by very few Nigerians),someone should kindly bring me up to date as to our annual budget for 140million Nigerians.
    Please Nigerians let’s call a spade a spade, let’s say this is black when it is black and not describe it as greyish white.
    So the big question is who is going to be suspended for for the Missing 3.2 TRILLION NAIRA?
    Mr Charles Novia, Mr Charles Novia, where are you? Nowhere to be found. He’s probably in the Villa receiving a handshake. Hmmmm

79. Annoyed at this article

February 24, 2014 at 8:20 pm

screw this article! So what if the fucking president is Sanusi’s boss?? i applaud Sanusi for calling him out because thats the only way we can control these our filthy leaders. Yes, Sanusi is not a saint but he’s absolutely right in his criticisms. Take a cue from the US. Obama is criticized every single day but you never see him whine about it like a little bitch or suspend the critic. He takes it in his stride and where he’s at fault, he does something to correct it. Jonathan is and will always be a passive money laundering excuse for a president