News

Don’t Wear Underwear to Church, so Christ Can “Enter”! – Kenyan Pastor

Reverend Njohi of Kenya - Bella NaijaWe know this story may sound crazy, but sadly, it is true.

Reverend Njohi, a Reverend at Lord’s Propeller Redemption Church in Kenya, ordered the female members of his congregation to attend church without any form of underwear so that  Christ can enter their lives.

He reportedly banned the wearing of undergarments in his church because they are ungodly, and people need to be  free in body and spirit to receive Christ.

According to The Kenyan Post, Njohi allegedly warned members that there would be terrible consequences if they attempted to secretly wear bra or pant. Mothers were also advised to make sure their daughters comply with the order.

In today’s age, it seems as though some unscrupulous pastors are abusing their authority as so-called “Men of God.” Take for instance, the case of the South African pastor Lesego Daniel of Rabboni Centre Ministries who instructed his congregation to eat grass so they could be closer to God.

On the other hand, some naive Christians fall victim to these kinds of scams, and begin to fall into the trap of worshipping their Pastors instead of worshipping God.

Bella Naijarians, what’s your take on this issue? Are preachers like Rev. Njohi and Lesego Daniel to be blamed for these incidents? Or do you think its the congregations that are to blame? Let’s talk about it!

Photo Credit: www.kenyan-post.com

1. Tru

March 29, 2014 at 7:59 am

“Ridiculous” and “Ludicrous” doesn’t even begin to describe this tripe

2. missy J

March 29, 2014 at 8:05 am

Going by his logic Clothes shouldn’t be worn at all then cause it obstruct the entrance of the Holy spirit. I can’t believe humans in this era can be this vulnerable especially in things of the spirit. The apostles and others including ME didnt have to go without underwears before the holy spirit could possess us.

3. iyke

March 29, 2014 at 8:21 am

Mirror Talk:
    Hmmmm, Life!!! First, it was women in abusive marriages,Psychopaths living in our midst, Zara Gretti’s surrender to MS…. Now a pastor banning undergarments in his church ….. I have muse to myself…with intent and cause…”Why are we here? What EXACTLY is the process and valued embrace of life that is somehow quantified and considered within the yield of our shared evolution? Does the exercise of living really necessary if not distracting, if indeed we indulge and subscribe to the notion that our spirits are self contained and exist well beyond the matter of our bodies?
    Hmm,I guess my answer to my constipated pontificating is a waste of borrowed time…better saved for another life…in another time…while seeking enlightenment in this life that is meaningfully mine.O ga adicha mma oneday!

• Tru

March 29, 2014 at 8:48 am

LOLOLOLOLLLL…
      You do realise you’re going to get a lot of flack for these Obahiagbon-like cogitations, right 😀

• kem

March 29, 2014 at 9:14 am

@iyke ???????????????????????

• Manboobs

March 29, 2014 at 9:54 am

Despite ur grammatical errors I understand ur soliloqy.

• Ndidi

March 29, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Ik I’m applying to med school. I will like you to read over by personal statement if you can drop your email :). You grammar dikwa egwu !

• Author Unknown

March 30, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Where did you “borrow’ this one from Iyke, or did NEPA strike again? 🙂

4. Queeneth

March 29, 2014 at 8:40 am

My Bible specifically stated that by their fruits u shall know them. It also warned us about wolves in sheep clothing and also for us to test all spirits. It says that in the last days, knowledge shall abound. So am not surprised by these so-called “men of god” but i know for sure they aren’t for God. The fault is totally from the congregation because if at ur age with ur conscience and knowledge of what is right and wrong and your bible ever with you, and you still fall victim to all these craps, then u aint worthy to be called a child of God. It is as if Christ died in vain for you. We were instructed to study the word of God to show ourselves approved, so that we can rightly apply God’s mind in every situation. But when you lack knowledge if the Word of God that u carry everyday with u, then u are as gullible as the next goat out there.

• David Etim

December 1, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Well said.

5. Dee

March 29, 2014 at 8:48 am

Is this a joke?

6. Que.....glad to have my avatar back!

March 29, 2014 at 8:54 am

Why not just show up as u were born so there’ll be absolutely no obstruction to d spirit’s entry! Blame is useless here sef, cos both sheep n shepherd in such scenarios need mental evaluation first. My real worry would be for d children caught in such systems.

7. Sisi

March 29, 2014 at 9:32 am

This is just crazy and that pastor still has people who flock to his church? Where in the bible does it say wearing undies would prevent Christ from entering our lives. I see revelations at play here- end times indeed.

8. DJ STELCH

March 29, 2014 at 9:42 am

Ride On PASTOR, but you never talk wetin you de find for women SHOKOTO!! Prov 31:3..

……………..
    ¤GROWN MAN IN A YOUNG BODY¤

9. Seen All

March 29, 2014 at 9:43 am

But why do People leave their HEADS at home and go to church with their BODIES biko? In the Words of George Carlin “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” I blame the congregation!

10. Wuggy

March 29, 2014 at 9:52 am

These are definitely the end times….

11. agyie

March 29, 2014 at 10:36 am

This is one one of the craziest things I have ever heard its sounds like one of those Mr IBu’s comedy I watch on Africa Magic. Beware of false prophets!

12. @edDREAMZ

March 29, 2014 at 10:44 am

Hahahahahha……. Am loving the church already…… Did they have any branch here in naija…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

13. Stephanie

March 29, 2014 at 11:38 am

mscheeew
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

14. Amh

March 29, 2014 at 11:40 am

So that his prik can enter the sweetland. Ignorant folks. The next episode is to baptise the. With his holy water. Asahawo thingy.

15. ufuoma akusu

March 29, 2014 at 11:41 am

Hehehehehe,dat pastor must be a major Goat, anyway its in the bible,in the end time men shall preach in my name. Such Nonsense.

16. foma

March 29, 2014 at 12:19 pm

This is stupidity @ its peak…ignorance @ its width and shame en route

17. Charis

March 29, 2014 at 12:23 pm

This is too ludicrous plz…

18. Dr. N

March 29, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Discuss ke? Like someone said, they should be naked. The underwear is not enough. Ezk.13. This is an extreme case but daily people are falling for less obvious scams. Those I will lend my opinion on. I think no one in his right senses will believe him, except they already had ulterior motives. drnsmusings.wordpress.com

19. Alex

March 29, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I really don’t wanna bliv dat such rubbish can be said in the house of God in this Era…. And what kind of retarded minded Church members would yield to such blaspham

20. Codedone

March 29, 2014 at 2:20 pm

How can U guys blame the guy. When he knows he has non thinking sheep that’ll obey his every word. And maybe he later molests their kids, he’ll just tell than God told him to do it and it’ll all be good. Opium.

21. Merciful1

March 29, 2014 at 3:09 pm

This pastor is in a cult and merely carrying out the instructions of his cultist oga. Yes the cult spirit will surely enter. God please save your children.

22. Jj

March 29, 2014 at 3:15 pm

My advise people should read their bibles and live , act according to the written words of God which is the bible, so as not to be fooled. Thanks. In Genesis …the story of Adam and Eve God gave them clothes to cover their nakedness after their disobediencen and God was still with them.

23. Mrs A

March 29, 2014 at 4:21 pm

People need to take their brains to church with them.

24. Bvf

March 29, 2014 at 4:51 pm

What about the men in the church? Will they also come to church without pants/briefs and boxers? Hmmmmm #EndTime#

• Laide

March 29, 2014 at 9:41 pm

No the guys need to put on their boxers , to prevent any demons escaping from the bodies of the female from entering them

25. Deedee

March 29, 2014 at 5:30 pm

End time tins, people beware of stupid perverts parading themselves as “men of God”

26. Idowu Addison

March 29, 2014 at 6:19 pm

…definitely the sickest, most unfortunate thing I heard from a ‘pastor’!

27. Bukky

March 29, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I dont blame the pastor, it’s the stupid church members that are still flocking there I blame!Iranu

28. Africhic

March 29, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Why is it that when it comes to church issues people take leave of their senses.

29. Evilicious

March 29, 2014 at 6:44 pm

Not naive Christians, naive people!

30. Olah

March 29, 2014 at 9:09 pm

Lool……hilarious n senseless

31. Seriously BN?

March 30, 2014 at 12:28 am

First the National Enquirer, then Kenyan Daily Post (which is a really trashy online tabloid). What next? Will you be sourcing news articles from the Nigerian Sun?

32. Etieno

March 30, 2014 at 11:25 am

SPEECHLESS. In this new age? NO Christ is coming soon

33. Hereeneve

March 30, 2014 at 1:10 pm

The Pastor is gradually going nuts!

34. rocky

March 30, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Haha..D pastor wan de see organs

35. diala. esther

March 30, 2014 at 5:33 pm

For me o I no blame any pastor weh de totori his. Members brain o cos everything we need to know n understand about christ is clearly written in the bible,all these; extortion,blackmailing,hipnotism and even brain washing,they happen because people I mean so called christains are very lazy to read their bible. Why these things no de happen for the other religions. All I can say is that the pastor is only catching his fun n he is also trying out his control power over people. Shikena!

36. Modella

March 30, 2014 at 6:39 pm

I think I have read this like a month ago!

37. Kevin Chukwu

March 30, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Where will I start to contribute. Hmmmmmm!!!
    It very simple the congregation are not of God.

38. Dr ng

March 30, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Ókey nah

39. oj

April 1, 2014 at 10:36 am

people go to churches where they preach what they want to hear. no one wants to hear the truth because the truth is bitter.

40. TeeUSA

June 29, 2014 at 3:17 am

I believe we should all stop putting God in accursed things. Whatever God does not say, he doesnt endorse. Therefore, anything outside of the scripture is man made doctrine….and God shouldnt be put in it. Thats my take on it. God bless

41. Tyler Scott

May 27, 2015 at 11:58 am

I dont believe that there has ever been a single good reason why someone should wear underwear. I grew up in utah and was raised in a LDS Mormon, or the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints. In my religion we have something called endowments, which is a type of religious underclothing we as members have the option to wear or not to wear. A surprising number of families go without underclothing. My family has always been the no underwear wearing type of family. In my family the only types of underclothing that is worn is the men wear socks. And women are allowed to occassionaly wear hosiery and slips. Women in my family never wear panties, bras, or socks. Just nylon socks, nylon pantyhose, and slips, and thats only when its needed to be worn, like with a skirt or short dress. Men wear socks and nothing else Needs to be worn. It is hereditary on both sides of my family and few reletives even wear hosiery Or slips or socks. Just pants, shirts, shoes, shirts, dresses. Anything. We dont wear anything underneath anything typically.

42. julio

May 27, 2015 at 3:07 pm

False preacher! DECEIVING DEVIL! Where is this Scripture? women just like men need to cover up and dress modestly. 1 Timothy 2:9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes,

43. Hiohio

December 8, 2015 at 6:55 am

D Pst hv not done wrong. D Bible says God use foolish things 2confirm d wise. Dnt crisis d man of god, he is right

44. Hiohio 1

December 8, 2015 at 7:29 am

Read wat d Bible says about d servant of God. u shall recieve curse wen u critise a Man of God. Moses gave instruction dat nobody should marry 2foreigner but Moses did married & two pple begin 2gossip him around, & God said 2them u ar curse wit leparous. So becareful ur bad comment against d Man may thro u 2d lake of fire. If it were now a prophet ask a church member 2go & bath wit mould or diety water pple wit took it 2facebook critise him, but after d instruction d man was healed. Ananaia &saphra died in d church, but if it were now d peter wil hv be blakfam by media. Pple died in synaguge @lagos some came out 2prosecute d man of God. WHO ARE U 2JUGDE? U EITHER ATTEND D CHURCH OR U STAY AWAY DNT COMENT EVIL. Becareful

45. islam ramdan

July 28, 2016 at 2:45 am

I apologize There clerical errors me I mean that Islam there is what is called a priest or pastor .. In Islam, your relationship with God is the most wonderful be Vaant met God x times a day in the mosque (and of course Aaqsd you offset Kalsnm example mosque is to worship God) corresponds to God in prayer ( It is opening an zoom in and finished delivery positions (those that Ward knows how Muslims pray Valivhb to the nearest mosque)) and prints the place of prayer and