Music

Femi Otedola’s Daughter DJ Cuppy Named Nigeria’s Tourism Ambassador

DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 06

Ife OtedolaDJ Cuppy, the daughter of Nigerian business and oil mogul Femi Otedola, today was named the Tourism Ambassador for Nigeria in FCT, Abuja.

At the private announcement, the hip disc jockey beamed in her green print dress and black pumps.

Nigeria’s Minister for Culture and Tourism, Edem Duke as well as the Permanent Secretary made the announcement as they presented DJ Cuppy with an award.

DJ Cuppy is excited about her new gig. She says “On Behalf Of The Ministry Of Culture, Tourism, And National Orientation… I Am So Honoured and Proud To Be Officially Dressed As A Tourism Ambassador For The Federal Republic Of Nigeria #ilovemycountry” via an Instagram post.

DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 01DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 02DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 04DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 05DJ Cuppy - April 2014 - BN Music - BellaNaija.com 03

1. madman

April 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Congrats to her! Next on the list is youngest FCT Minister.

2. FEUI

April 17, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Na wa oh!!! the rich are getting richer!!!

• Winterfell

April 18, 2014 at 1:29 am

My thoughts exactly

3. SOLO ACT

April 17, 2014 at 8:38 pm

instead of them to give someone that actually studied something diplomatic in a university in nigeria. mchew

• Leye

April 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm

What is she getting an award for?

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:07 am

Thank u ohhhh. I read it and I was appalled. What achievement has she done for the country? Smdh. Only in naija wld someone be a tourism ambassador just cos ur father is wealthy.

• Bird's Eye

April 18, 2014 at 2:42 am

Shebi you will read what they took time to type there

• Bee

April 18, 2014 at 3:18 pm

She read law @ KCL that trumps IR plus she has the people skills & international flair to be a good ambassador.

• u?

July 15, 2014 at 8:26 pm

actually buisness management

• mee

July 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. lol

April 17, 2014 at 8:42 pm

what rubbish

5. Onyeka

April 17, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Unbeliveable! Kai . . . . Congrats o. What more can I say?

6. temitope

April 17, 2014 at 8:42 pm

na wa

7. bimpe

April 17, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Lmao really? Oh wow… enough said. What does she know about tourism though? In Nigeria anything can definitely happen lol

8. DJ STELCH

April 17, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Congrats Dear!!

……………..
    ¤GROWN MAN IN A YOUNG BODY¤

9. Ola

April 17, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I like to be happy wih people who are achieving things just as I am for this DJ, however, I can’t stop thinking of what the criteria for selection was and how she was the best person that was picked for it.

• humm

April 18, 2014 at 5:54 am

Your dad has to be the friend of the minister. Simple.

10. Ngozi

April 17, 2014 at 8:55 pm

What rubbish! The duo of NNeka and Isaac Moses of Goge Africa has promoted NIgerian tourism,culture and heritage better than any Nigerian .#Mr Minister ever heard of them????

• O_Intuition!

April 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Ngozi Thank You!…Whatever happened to The Goge Africa Couple….

“At the private announcement, …” WOW…. Nigeria is now a Officially A private Enterprise…Hmmm

• O_Intuition!

April 17, 2014 at 10:02 pm

*Nigeria is now Officially A private Enterprise…

• www.midefashioncounty.blogspot.com

April 24, 2014 at 3:43 pm

So true.

11. Khloe

April 17, 2014 at 9:00 pm

Absolutely ridiculous!! Someone please explain to me how a “DJ” has any merits with a Tourism position?! She needs to focus on the turntables and leave this position for someone who actually has the applicable degree and experience! This is exactly why Nigeria will never progress! You offer someone a position, simply because they are the “sons/daughters” of SOMEBODY!

Nigeria is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, there is no reason why Nigeria has not developed into a tourist country with all our resources! That could bring us an additional source of GDP!!

If you like bellanaija, read and don’t approve my comment. You are fond of not posting “political” comments even though you & I know that there are MERITS to its truthfulness. I guess you are not trying to offend your political affiliates. And they say we live in a “Democratic Country” Twwwww

• Kilipot

April 17, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Wo. Im so pissed. Isnt there somwhere one can sign a petition. Right abt now we must do aomething

• DIDI

April 18, 2014 at 5:56 am

U can start one and will gladly sign along with u.

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:11 am

God bless u for this comment. It’s so pathetic and tmrw they wonder why nigeria is full of corruption when d wrong ppl are being put on positions of power w no qualifications! Absolute rubbish. Anyone can buy their way and be a leader Mschewwww . No b only ambassador. Make dem give am president for 2015.

12. @Publicity 36 - 4low on twt

April 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Well I’m happy for the feat and not like I hate her or anything. But I don’t think she deserves the award it was clearly due to her dads link there are struggling upcoming Djs who can be empowered with this other than giving a billionaires daughter …. Follow on twitter Biko @publicity36

13. Khloe

April 17, 2014 at 9:04 pm

14. Goddess of victory

April 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Daddys moneay opening doors. Dear Dj cuppy how many local governments do we have in Nigeria? And name three tourist attraction u know and how to get there by road. If u feel u. Deserve it congrats then but I don’t think. U do.Nonsense this Country stinks!

15. Nneka

April 17, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I cannot believe what I am reading! Wat does DJ cuppy know about tourism? This is unbeliveable! What criteria was used for this selection? U see why we can Neva go forward in this country eh?

16. Bobby Ugo

April 17, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Ohh pls Nigerians do we need a degree or experience to be given an ambassadorial award for a country again shoo. Let you pipo keep on and hating. Gone are the days when the rich kids are tagged as been lazy. The girl is a big hustler whether na popsi connection or not. The rich keep getting richer and connected. please my fellow naija peeps she deserves it okay. She is classy, beautiful, ambitious, bright and all. we no want any mgbeke out there biko. Enjoy ur new gig my dear. Bad belle pipo full these our country na why we no fit move far. Some pipo are from the rich family are not using the opportunity well and here we have a young pretty lady working hard and you pipo are knocking down her hustle. if na ashewo she dey do now na the same pipo wey go insult and curse her.

• Meme

April 17, 2014 at 9:57 pm

Please just shut up. Do yourself that favour, I mean just look at the list you made to justify why she deserves the award “classy, beautiful, ambitious and bright”? Is that to you the appropriate qualifications for a tourism ambassador?

• frostycake

April 18, 2014 at 1:35 am

Gwa bia ya…. . nonsense

• Bird's Eye

April 18, 2014 at 2:45 am

Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

• Troll

April 18, 2014 at 7:31 am

Don’t mind the olodo rapata. Classy and beautiful are now qualifications to be an ambassador. Honestly, there’s no hope for this country.

• Person

April 17, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Are you ok? abi your brain cells have been fried by whatever the eff you are smoking? Other than her looks and being Femi Otedola’s daughter, tell me again, what are her qualifications for this post? If it is by virtue of being a DJ, how about DJ Jimmy Jatt? Who has been djing for donkey years?

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:13 am

My friend go and use alomo and brush ur mouth. Who is talking of degree. We need someone that at least knows what she’s doing. Not a DJ!!!!! Daddy’s money tinzzz

17. Keziah

April 17, 2014 at 9:21 pm

SIGH!

18. Somebody

April 17, 2014 at 9:21 pm

I was about to become angry and I decided to read more. It seems she’s ambassador for a particular project within the tourism industry which is perfectly ok. Bellanaija please what exactly is the position?

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:13 am

Ambassador of the DJs around the tourist areas

19. Kina

April 17, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Nepotism. To add to the portfolio of other isms.

• idomagirl

April 18, 2014 at 4:28 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

20. Concerned_Boyfriend

April 17, 2014 at 9:26 pm

And you wonder why that country would NEVER change for the better. This underscore why Nigeria will continue to remain the way it is. A country where influence and connection dictates your relevance in the society. Where your education and your experience means nothing. This is the reality, unless we face up to these corrupt leaders and COLLECTIVELY call them out, we are not ripe for any change.

21. Olive

April 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm

This kind of news makes me break my fast on swearing. Yes, she is a DJ. Yes, her father is a millionaire, billionaire, whatever. But to give her that title, when there are many deserving Nigerians who do not come from money and fame, but sweat and blood. People who yearn for a change in our country because they see a lack not because they were born with a silver spoon and think a shed of charity is enough. For crying out loud, I freaking deserve to be an ambassador. What the hell?! She is successful, but her profession is worthless. It does not help our GDP, our economy, not even tourism, utterly nothing. It only increases the chicken heads and big boys in clubs.

• Winterfell

April 18, 2014 at 1:37 am

#Word

• Bird's Eye

April 18, 2014 at 2:46 am

LOLLLLLL!!! You broke your fast on swearing? Hahahahaaa.

22. paulmirabilis

April 17, 2014 at 9:38 pm

9ja I hail thee! I am not surprised a bit. Afterall, her father, the popular oil subsidy thief, is still walking free!

April 18, 2014 at 10:05 am

Lol at popular oil subsidy thief

23. ,,

April 17, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Tourism Ambassador for Nigeria, HOW? What did she do to get this? She looks like someone who study abroad, and doesn’t know sh*t about Nigeria. Well we all know its because of her father’s influence. SMH

24. Olive

April 17, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Ridiculous. So ridiculous.

25. Syl

April 17, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Congratulations Cuppy . However can anyone please tell if they know what the criteria for selection is. As much as she is pretty, smart and all, not sure if she deserves it. Besides, except I am missing out something but from her episode 1&2 gig that was posted on here there was really nothing special /different from her collection that the likes of DJ humility or DJ exclusive and so many young budding DJ’s haven’t done. Just saying.

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:14 am

Criteria número uno. Papi must be a billionaire

26. yostic

April 17, 2014 at 9:44 pm

and they say our generation is different? Rubbish and nonsense.

• jennietobbie

April 17, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Thank you!!!! The cycle continues…..#gbam!

27. Concerned9ja

April 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm

9ja is gradually becoming a sick joke!!…a kin to Idi Dada Amin’s reign!!..Tourism Ambassador!!…really??

28. Laide

April 17, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Funny enough , I am interested in doing my masters dissertation on FDI in the Nigerian tourism sector, but I am not sure how to get data for it. I don’t want to come home just for the research, that would be very expensive and also inconvenient. Anybody got any ideas please?

I would include you in my acknowledgement page..lol

• Tilux

April 20, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Hi Laide, I’m coming home in July-Sept. to do my dissertation as well. FDI information on Nigeria is speculative at the moment. I am currently seeking out contacts. Will be willing to share information with you. E-mail me.

29. thomisyn

April 17, 2014 at 9:55 pm

HmmmMmm, it true to an extent that she doesn’t deserve the award but wait a minute! If ur father was femi Otedola would not be given such privilege? Let stop condemning d poor girl she is been rewarded bcoz of her father’s connections. Besides where are our fathers when femi otedola was making his money? To each their own. If it pains you so much go ask your father to work you such connection or better yet make sure u build a solid foundation for yourself so your offsprings would be envied by others! #its a free world.

• Warri Babe

April 18, 2014 at 9:11 am

*Besides where are our fathers when femi otedola was making his money? * Correction #Where were# Tomisin, it’s a pity you just wrote these…When Otedola was making his money, MY father was working hard and CLEAN to lay a solid foundation for his kids and give them a better life than he had…He definitely had the option of doing shady deals but he chose to keep a name, so don’t ever ask such questions again, it’s an insult to the sweat of diligent and hardworking parents who’ve laboured and given their best despite all odds.

*To each their own. If it pains you so much go ask your father to work you such connection or better yet make sure u build a solid foundation for yourself so your offsprings would be envied by others!* About this statement, I pray you receive the answer in a way that would put you and your ideologies to shame….I’m proud to say despite all the ‘connections’ Papi had from all his years of working(retiring as an ED), he never for once used them for any of his children, whether in getting a job or winning contracts (Na you go carry your pali go look for work). We really thought that was crazy, but I guess now we know better. I see a Nigeria where all these would soon be a thing of the past, where the son of ministers would apply for positions the same way anyone would. So please keep working to get your kids connections, instead of planning to instill in them the right virtues and values.

About building a solid foundation for my kids so that they will be envied, I laugh, shows the depth of your thinking though (very very shallow). I will build a solid foundation for them but not to be envied or used as cheats, but to impact their generation in the most productive way…so that when they’re rewarded, the world knows they truly deserved it!

A lot of comments I gave a side glances but yours’ I won’t ’cause you just spat on the dignity of labour which many parents lived by, because they aren’t ministers, SA or the rest doesn’t mean they were sleeping when Otedola was making his money. #Rubbish

• Warri Babe

April 18, 2014 at 9:57 am

*glance

• ivie

April 18, 2014 at 6:44 pm

@warri babe,Thanks better pikin…Well replied jare… Honesty is still the best policy come rain,come sunshine… Nigeria will be a Nation where our dreams will come true it’s only a matter of time and chance! #period

• ivie

April 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Hmmmm…..cant believe you sat down, thoughtfully wrote this! huh? Where other father’s were when Otedola got rich? Smh… I leave you with this answer : A good name is better than riches. you are one of the reason Nigeria is the way she is now. Gosh!!! Such nerve… I forgive you anyway. I pray the scales on your eyes falls off so at least you can know or envision true meaning of a good life.#smh

30. Rara

April 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm

She did that song I love my country makes sense!!!!

• Bimpe

April 17, 2014 at 10:49 pm

and i wrote a long exciting article about nigeria and its resources hence i should be awarded minister of foreign affairs… kmft! you nigerians like to freaking piss me off, what a really silly statement. just ensure you vote for me when the ministerial position is open

• Winterfell

April 18, 2014 at 1:34 am

For real, you deserve that s*@! just make sure u post it. lol. Naija is a joke

• Bird's Eye

April 18, 2014 at 2:47 am

Minister of foreign affairs!!!! Hahahahahaaa

31. Bunmi

April 17, 2014 at 10:03 pm

She is actually doing the job of an ambassador ! She is out there putting Nigeria on the map. She travels world wide . Ife proudly says she is nigerian. Who better represents you Nigerians .? An ambassador promotes their country where ever they go . She has not forgotten her roots. Let’s stop all this bad Bele and embrace this daughter of Our country . She’s pretty , educated and trying her best doing what most guys do —–DJ —–. I salute you Ife. I’m proud of you.

• Bimpe

April 17, 2014 at 10:54 pm

i havent forgotten my roots my dear, and i have a very strong yoruba name, i have also done some work outside nigeria, to showcase my culture… pls tell them to mke me an ambassador. kmt

pls make statement that wont mke ppl think ur nme is Humpty Dumpty instead of bunmi next time dear.

• Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:16 am

Yimu.

• private vikky

April 18, 2014 at 1:14 am

the job of a tourism ambassador is not to travel to other places and take the name there…..that’s defeating the purpose which i am hoping it not why she was chosen….the job of an ambassador is to showcase that country, to show all the exotic and beautiful places that their country has to the rest of the world and boost visitors to come and see for themselves, thereby boosting the economy….if such person is effective, then much of the country’s infrastructure is also in they are in better position to ask funding for fixing of those places that visitors will come to, since they def dont want showing a bad image of the country outside.nways sha, y am i doing all this preaching here, some of u will never get it…we keep cursing those in power/position when we will do same if not worse…..smh at africa.

• Changing Faces

April 18, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Pls shut that hole you just uttered this rubbish from

32. Angel

April 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Next they should make her adviser to the president on special matters, I think she d’ find lasting solution to problems we have in this country, she d’ actually move this country forward, mtcheeeeew. As for those of you saying she’s ambitious and that it’s ok she’s using her father’s connections to get public office some other better qualified individual should be occupying, how about she use these same connections and opportunities to set up an NGO or some charity organization and make positive impact in her environment? BN if u like don’t post my comment, na una sabi…

33. Fabulicious

April 17, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Its time to shine our eyes ooo and keep on the hustle so that even if your child is a professional bartender, your connection will take them forward. I can’t hate Biko.Who doesn’t like “man know man”

34. Cancel Reply

April 17, 2014 at 10:18 pm

smh!mcheww

35. Person

April 17, 2014 at 10:32 pm

smh. Naija is a mess. Nepotism at its finest.

36. Jonz

April 17, 2014 at 11:25 pm

cuppy.co.uk/index.php/about

“Dj cuppy is a BRITISH music producer and songwriter”.

Read her bio using link. Smh

37. Blessed

April 18, 2014 at 12:00 am

Oh please you guys should spare me!She doesn’t qualify for the position no doubt but how about all the other entertainers being appointed as ambassadors everyday, do they qualify? NO! Then why didn’t you guys attack them? You are only attacking her cos her dad is wealthy, stop the double standards biko

• Naveah

April 21, 2014 at 3:27 pm

My dear, being an BRAND ambassador for a phone company, an NGO or Maggi cube (which most of these celebrities are) is NOT the same as being an Ambassador for Tourism for an ENTIRE COUNTRY. There is a big difference. I hope she has some sort of plan in place for that job and is not too prideful to surround herself with people with more experience and creative ideas. Someone mentioned that she’s travelling the world and another said that is not what the job entail, well I’ll say this much if she’s travelling for shopping then there is a problem BUT if she’s travelling to drum up attention about Nigeria then that is part of her job. She needs to travel Nigeria FIRST though to see what areas of our country can yield itself as a destination spot for fellow Africans before even westerners. Because if our own doesn’t support us, why would a German or an American want to come to Nigeria? She needs to work with the ministers of Transportation, Customs/Immigration and hotel associations. She needs to go to regions with interesting history to speak to those communities on how to work with them to make their areas destination areas which would bring about economic growth. Look at me sef, am I the one with the job? MTCHEWWWWWWWWWWWwwww

38. Pie

April 18, 2014 at 12:16 am

It will be interesting to see what she does, it might actually work having a young vibrant hip person endorsing Nigeria everywhere she goes.

39. Samba

April 18, 2014 at 12:24 am

Go Girl! I love my country!

40. Layo

April 18, 2014 at 12:26 am

Lol. Must be nice.

41. Anon

April 18, 2014 at 12:36 am

Really? Nigeria really? a 21 year old girl who didn’t even go to school in Nigeria, only gets DJ gigs because of her fathers connection and does not in any way qualify for this award. Wow. and people wonder why those of us who go abroad never plan on returning. The fact that Nigerians aren’t even shy to display such nepotism is unbelievable

42. Ella

April 18, 2014 at 12:44 am

Really!!!!I bet she doesn’t even know her village….buttered overseas, now Tourisim what again?We no even get shame again in this country.

43. troublemaker

April 18, 2014 at 12:45 am

as much as i love the fact that its a young female that got this job, i cant help but smell thge influence of privilege, power and nepotism. I think everyone knows including her that she is not the best person for the job. we need to start challenging vested interest like connection!

44. SkateMario

April 18, 2014 at 1:22 am

Now I don’t know where to stand. Should I propose or oppose?

45. Winterfell

April 18, 2014 at 1:31 am

Naija is a joke of a country, who runs this [email protected]!*

46. Wale

April 18, 2014 at 2:03 am

So let me figure this out, Femi who by the way is a member of the canal preventing Nigeria from having constant electricity lobbies to have his daughter promote tourism so people from all over the world can go nigeria to enjoy the vicious mosquitoes that will bite them because there aren’t any a/c to fend off the insects, because the country doesn’t have electricity. Hmmm, smart idea. Pure 100% unadulterated Rubbish! Awon greedy,selfish oles!

47. Wale

April 18, 2014 at 2:03 am

Typo-cabal

48. Tosin

April 18, 2014 at 2:35 am

She actually has her Bachelors Degree, Djing is just an extra love for music and actually enjoys doing it. People need to stop the hate on Cuppy. Congrats hun keep the ball rolling <3

49. Bird's Eye

April 18, 2014 at 2:53 am

Hahahaaa!!! All these comments are so titillating to my senses I don’t even know how to react. The only picture I saw there that made me look more then once was the one with her father. I wonder how different my life would have been if that was my daddy… Looking at the picture I feel like saying sir please HEP me…

50. aj

April 18, 2014 at 3:55 am

Is this not the same cuppy that was apartment shopping in New York city recently? What does she know about Nigerian tourism? Na wa for Nigeria o.

51. Stephanie

April 18, 2014 at 4:32 am

She so fine…and looks so young, i hope she can be able to do the job though. Congrats to her

52. always happy

April 18, 2014 at 4:56 am

Last I read DJ cuppy is not a minor, so she is a full grown woman with a mind, brain and heart of her own. So as I read this I stopped and thought to myself, if you are offered an opportunity such as the one presented to her, would her mind, conscience , brain not have actively participated in the decision making. So was there any obstacle that stopped her from graciously decline. If dem invite you to eat a buffet wey go give you bellyache, do you not reserve a right to decline unless of course you’d rather tolerate the bellyache provided its raining dollars, pounds or money. Greedy people’s decision making processing starts and ends with “I”

• Chidinma

April 18, 2014 at 8:49 am

It is this sort of attitude dat bumps even you off the priority list. You are entitled to your opinions . But if you keep letting people break into the queue, you and every other person will behind you will keep getting bumped off your rightful place. No ones hating, people are just fed up with nepotism breaking the line.

53. Temi Toe Adebayo

April 18, 2014 at 6:36 am

Truly merits role was not played here! How could they? And what is her background? So many young women And men with degrees in tourism and hotel management . Now as they say : it is who you know, who you mingle with and your connection ( what your papa or your mama de do o den don collect) that will take you places. Na WAWO!! Wonders shall never end in this country. Rubbish!! Nepotism shall never die in naija!!

54. Chika

April 18, 2014 at 7:05 am

I would have preferred if she quietly turned down this position and suggested someone who is more adequate. The fact that BN had to write her fathers name to lead the title of this article is very telling. Just because you fly all over the world does not mean you should become an ambassador. It would have been better for this title to go to someone who is already championing tourism in Nigeria on their own merits. I just hope she takes this title and proves us wrong. Nothing in this country surprises me any more

55. Jayboss Blog

April 18, 2014 at 7:10 am

hmmmmm this is naija so the rich will continue getting richer while the poor will become more poorer

56. @ify_eva

April 18, 2014 at 7:24 am

A young ambassador, dats goodnews!! We need more of d young ones in political positions! Congrats

57. Nawaoo

April 18, 2014 at 8:35 am

For those saying, nobody is hating biko! We are stating the obvious . everyone knows including her that she is not the best person for the job. Come on peops! Let’s call a spade a spade! She got this job because of her father’s connection. She does not in anyway qualify for this award. Nepotism at its finest!

FYI go to her website and read her bio
    “Dj cuppy is a BRITISH music producer and songwriter”.

• idomagirl

April 18, 2014 at 8:05 pm

I just saw it. Na wa. “….with music from her native hometown in Africa…” why not Nigeria?

58. Warri Babe

April 18, 2014 at 8:39 am

I had goosebumps reading this last night, decided to go to bed maybe the feeling would change if I read it some other time but sadly it’s worse!….it is well. Congrats Florence Otedola, wishing you the very best.

59. Chinasa

April 18, 2014 at 8:42 am

It is an opportunity that could have been offered to some one who needed it, someone intelligent but less privileged . There are so many millions of talented but less privileged Nigerians, that can benefit from this. What are this gals qualifications. Rich father, privileged upbringing , travels round the world repping naija, on daddy’s expense. Now she’ll be doing the exact same thing on in daddy’s name and naija expense. Nepotism for you!

60. Uncommongrace

April 18, 2014 at 9:04 am

Congrats to you dear, so help you God

61. L

April 18, 2014 at 11:27 am

This girl hasn’t even graduated yet?! Like really Nigeria can we please get a grip and do things the right way!!

62. Concerned9ja

April 18, 2014 at 11:50 am

We been here before..no one’s raining on her P…our gripe is the father and those of their ilk…..*laugh in pekinese*…who told you he’s a bona fide entrepreneur??…I would like to see him and Bill Gates walk through the streets of 9ja and see who gets stoned but then knowing the poverty mentality of 9jas like those paid to come big him up on here probs would hail him as Baba Alaye…after being thrown a few naira and asho ebi!!

Clever still…using his own daughter to soften his image..some good PR..There are so many grafters in the Diaspora that have been good Ambassadors for 9ja..but do they get feted…HELL NO!!….no chance unless you part of the corrupt political class!!

Nothing’s more fulfilling than making something of yourself through sheer graft..and determination even against the odds..instead of enriching yourself and your future generation through sucking the nation dry and contributing to it’s underdevelopment(Diesel-Power Supply annex)…some legacy!!…and you expecting us to hail you..summation of the comments..85% can’t all be bad belle!!

The best bit her father can do for Tourism as someone alluded is to enable us have 24/7 Power supply by not frustrating the system through subvert means…’cos of the loose change he gets from Diesel to power those “environmentally friendly Generators”

63. Anon

April 18, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Oh please don’t blame FO and his daughter. You need to ask how Edem Duke became the Minister of Tourism. He’s a round hole in a square peg. Don’t lecture me about him owning the Mirage Hotel. The CRSG dealt with him regarding tax evasion. This is what happens when you put incompetent people in power.

64. Changing Faces

April 18, 2014 at 12:54 pm

Absolute and utter nonsense! She’s British, but it’s time to come and join her father and start stealing from us, she’s now Nigerian. And the lot of you shouting ‘hating ‘ should retire that word! What’s there to hate? Femi Otedola is part of the cabal keeping this country down, who offered bribe to get himself off the hook, and happily loots the common wealth of this nation (fuel subsidy) scam, and his daughter is tourism ambassador? I’d rather be hungry than be cursed by millions of honest and hungry hardworking everyday Nigerian. No, there’s absolutely nothing to hate…

65. onye Ara

April 18, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Not too disappointed nor surprised.
    When female flesh is involved Edema Duke decision making is often suspect.
    How do you defend this?

66. nene

April 18, 2014 at 1:43 pm

…and the cycle continues. tourism ambassador that probably doesn’t spend most of her time in nigeria.

• ella

April 20, 2014 at 3:51 pm

As in! She doesn’t even live here! Wtf!!! But this is Nigeria!! I’m so annoyed it’s not fair at all. The cycle really does continue

67. Deerpark

April 18, 2014 at 2:03 pm

She really does not deserve the award truth be told.I hope she gets to read the comments worldwide and see that if you really respresent the country, she should take a cue of humility and pass it on.Someone once said that to make the country better we need to kill off all the older people with corruption in their veins/genes.Not sure how that will work if the elders keep luring their offsprings to continue the crap.Maybe all the highly intelligent minds need to move to one of those islands off the coast of nigeria and start their own society and just feed off the land.Talk of brain drain.We Continue to scream but not heard.No wonder we settle with the words”i cant shout”.No sa e go continue to be.Peaced out of naija a long time ago.I really just tune into naija news to get my humor on.Cant get much funnier than a bunch of clowns suppressing and oppressing.

• ella

April 20, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I feel exactly the same way.! Nigerians need to realize how bad things really are.I can bet there are thousands of more qualified people, even if they said tiwa savage it would have been better. Listen people !!Beyonce is a super star now but she didn’t come from a rich home her parents sacrificed a lot to get her there, same with a lot of international celebs, in other counties it’s not about your background it’s about your talent and your A game! people with talents in this country have a better chance of making it in other countries and that’s the fact. Isn’t it ludacris,a dj. Now an ambassador??? This is Nigeria! A failed nation!!!!! And the babe will go on twitter and staying hater gon hate and all that crap!!! A deep sigh! She needs to resign or whatever! Its an insult!

68. idomagirl

April 18, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Nigeria…we never ready to progress….

69. GIS

April 18, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I knew there was more to it, when some popular blogs were posting articles about her. Out of nowhere, we just heard about DJ Cuppy celebrating her birthday. I wonder what was so news worthy about that. Now i can see why. They were just preparing the ground for this. All i can say is this: Fellow diligent and true Nigerians, let us not give up hope in our motherland. if we believe there is dignity in labor, let us keep at it. Don’t be discouraged by the daily plundering and raping of our country by those who deem fit; Change will surely come.