Music

Glamour Girl Muna & Ifan Ifeanyi Michael cover House of Maliq’s April 2014 Issue

House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 022

Woah Muna! Ex Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Munachi Abii goes goth with her make-up while dressed in white for the April 2014 issue of House of Maliq.

The femcee covers “The Vintage Edition” of the publication with publicist and stylist Ifan Ifeanyi Michael. Ifan who rocks a black suit, a white shirt and polka dot tie, has worked with a lot of celebs including Yvonne Nelson, Liz Yemoja and Toolz.

The April edition takes everyone into “The Luxe World of Munachi Abii” and the creative styling world of Ifan.

Check it out! Munachi Abii House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 021

House of Maliq: From one-time beauty queen to music rap artist, how do you marry these personalities and on what platforms have you comfortably showcased these persons?

Muna: Being a beauty queen was a great platform to begin my career. Sure, it came with a lot of uncertainty because people already chose to see me a certain way, but I refused to be put in a box. So I defined myself, and create my own platform. It’s a tough marriage lol but it’s working.

HOM: What inspires your sense of style?

Muna: My feelings inspire my sense of style. Sometimes I’m happy, sometimes I’m tough, these days I’m royal.

House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 026

HOM: You recently transitioned into a new hair phase. A short blonde bob. Quite a daring image statement; what gave rise to the change?

Muna: I felt I needed a new character with more definition. If you have been following my transition, you would recall that I’ve worn a lot of interesting hair styles and colours well before anyone dared to make it chic. However, there is something about this one that feels like home. When u think of MUNA, you want to see a lady with blonde hair, and that’s me. The blonde is here to stay!

HOM: How long would this style transition last and what steps are you taking to effortlessly wear this image?

Muna: Who knows these things ? Looool the blonde is here to stay.

House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 028

HOM: Are there any (other) grand music projects in the offering (perhaps a solo music video or even an album release) in the near future?

Muna: I am currently working with Lamboginny on an EP project titled “The Movement” after which my album should drop. God willing.

House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 027

HOM: How about other bigger life plans and aspirations. Marriage maybe and probably raising a family?

Muna: I’ve got plans for TV, I’ve got plans for agriculture, I’ve got plans in real estate and architecture. And yes definitely raising a family. House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 029

HOM:  What especially would you want to be remembered for?

Muna: I would like to be remembered as the woman who achieved everything she set out to do. With my life as an example, I showed the world that I could do it and I did it.

Ifan Ifeanyi Michael House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 025House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 023House of Maliq -Munachi & Ifan - April 2014 - BellaNaija - 024

Credits
Munachi Abii
Photography: August Udoh
Stylist: Ifan Ifeanyi Michael
Make-up: FaceVille Makeovers
Outfits: White & Sequined Dress Suchille Clothing | Yellow Dress Isi Atagamen
Hair Stylist: NK Glamour
Graphics: Malik Zenishia Zainab (editor-in-chief)
Co-ordinator: Azeezat

Ifan Ifeanyi Michael
Photography: August Udoh
Stylist: Ifan Ifeanyi Michael
Make-up: FaceVille Makeovers
Outfits: MC Meka | 1407 Style
Graphics: Malik Zenishia Zainab (editor-in-chief)
Co-ordinator: Azeezat

1. Stephanie

April 9, 2014 at 10:59 am

Lovely girl…

2. Ola

April 9, 2014 at 11:01 am

Loveeeeeeeeee

3. mimi

April 9, 2014 at 11:13 am

What a decent cover shoot…u dont have to expose to show sexy and class..i respect this lady the more

4. www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com

April 9, 2014 at 11:14 am

All that contouring on Muna’s face has got her looking like one of the creatures in Avatar. What’s all that about? Nigerians just don’t know when to stop.

thelmathinks.blogspot.com

• Thelma

April 10, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Just what i was thinking, too much, looks like they slapped on charcoal on her face… love the concept though but makeup no!

5. Angel

April 9, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Very nice photo shot, I mean Muna’s, had a professional touch to it….

6. Ninjachic

April 9, 2014 at 12:12 pm

MUA should be sacked. That is all.

7. Ninjachic

April 9, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Taking a second look, yes the make up is awful and was obviously applied with a trowel but, Muna isn’t helping with her blank stares – her eyes look dead and her poses, so… posed? In sum, it seems there’s a mismatch between the art direction and the final result. My guess is they were going for old school glamour a la Cruella de Vil but with her deadpan expressions, it doesn’t work (good old Ms. de Vil looked like she was having more fun). Nevertheless, I still think the MUA is the biggest offender here – unless she/he was channelling Maleficent, she/he has no business making such a pretty girl look so rough! That said I really like the 6th pic (the b&w one), she looks lovely in it.

8. Ninjachic

April 9, 2014 at 12:42 pm

That said I really like the 6th pic (the b&w one), she looks so lovely in it.

9. Tundun

April 9, 2014 at 1:47 pm

Ninjachic whatever beef you have with faceville pls go and squash because you are actually not making any sense at all at all spewing hate on this nice job makes you sound very bitter he/she did a fantastic job thumbs up faceville am a very big fan Muna looks good nice one house of maliq

10. @edDREAMZ

April 9, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Lovely cover but the dude is not that gud luking….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

11. Regina

April 9, 2014 at 3:20 pm

What kind of magazine consistently misspells Michael throughout the magazine? Who is the Editor?!

12. STAR-BOYY

April 9, 2014 at 8:07 pm

And this is the exact definition of CLASS!!! – the hating – n – lol Hello Muna am a BIG fan, would you mind us being friends???