News

First Lady Jonathan: He is the Head, Stop Abusing My Husband

Patience Jonathan - BellaNaija.com
Patience Jonathan, the First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, today Tuesday 27th May 2014, advised Nigerians to desist from abusing her husband because God has made him the commander-in-chief of the nation.

According to Punch, the wife of the President made this statement while addressing children at an event she organized to celebrate kids on Children’s Day at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa.

“It is bad to abuse our country and the President because God has made him the head. The Almighty God commands us to pray for our leaders. We therefore need to pray for the development of our country and the president.

Remember that a child that abuses his father and mother is disobeying God’s commandment because the Bible says in Exodus 20:12 that you should honour your father and mother so that you may live long in the land that the Lord your God has given you.

The Holy Bible is not referring to only biological parents. Any one that is older than you even for a day must be respected. Let us therefore join hands and rebuild our country Nigeria.” she said.

To my children parliament, thank you for your letter. Thank you for your deliberation. I have received what you gave to me. I will make sure I pass it to the President because it is addressed to him and the other one is addressed to Boko Haram. That is why the two are different.” she stated.

1. SOLO ACT

May 27, 2014 at 8:33 pm

this illiterate must not be allowed to speak!! why is this woman that was meant to be a market woman in the office! even tomato sellers have more natural god given intelligence than her! she is an embarrassment to our nation and to WOMEN. ps GOODLUCK is a BAD leader!

• ifeanyi anya

May 28, 2014 at 8:27 am

please stop all this abuses you rain on the 1st lady it was by divine providence she got there nobody knows her story why she couldnt get the basic education but its not just enough for people to always cruxify her at any given oppurtunity.get a brain plsssssssssssssss

• www.theasoebijunkie.wordpress.com

May 28, 2014 at 8:58 am

excuse me , this woman claims to be a graduate! i read an interview where she said GEJ was her lecturer in school.

• Miss J

May 28, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Divine providence? Funny how you tell others to get a brain.

2. fravian

May 27, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Chia…..laff wan kill me. Lmao.

3. Commentrina

May 27, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I like the way people throw Bible verses around when it suits them. Does she know that corruption is also a sin? Abi the pages are stuck together where that sort of verse is concerned?

Annoying woman.

• mrs chidukane

May 27, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Hahahahaha! Your comment cracked me up! The woman na helele,she no get part 2

• Timothy

May 27, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Classic

4. Concerned_Boyfriend

May 27, 2014 at 8:53 pm

They need to permanently put this woman on a leash, lock it up and throw away the key.

• me ma sef

May 27, 2014 at 9:22 pm

or a straitjacket or better still, both.

• ao

May 28, 2014 at 2:55 am

How about a muzzle over her mouth?

5. Lols 1

May 27, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Loooool. I don’t know boko haram, I have never seen boko haram….this woman needs to zip it. But she’s funny sha. She’s our cross, we have to bear it (her) LMAO

6. Modey

May 27, 2014 at 9:01 pm

I can see that this woman still doesn’t know when to shut the hell up. Look at her quoting the Bible out of context. WTF? So we should keep respecting an insensitive and clueless leader abi? Yeye woman.

7. me ma sef

May 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Oh Gaad this woman again!!!!!!

8. nma

May 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm

WTF?!

“She also promised not to relent in helping find the 200+ school girls abducted in the Chibok area of Borno. “Let me thank the children that gave me letter to give Boko Haram. Well, I have received your letter, but I am not the one to give it to Boko Haram because I don’t know Boko Haram and I have never seen Boko Haram. But I will give it to the NSS or Chief of Defence Staff who will submit your letter accordingly.”

9. eyejee

May 27, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Why exactly does she have glasses on and sunglasses stuck in her chest?

• solly

May 27, 2014 at 10:03 pm

the struggle is real oo …not easy

• Sugar

May 28, 2014 at 9:44 am

pls don’t kill me o…buahahahahah

10. Shadie

May 27, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Bella please stop withholding my posts. If you can post everything that @Edreamz from jupiter writes i do not understand why mine is being withheld or you have a thing against we Earthlings.

• Maggielola

May 27, 2014 at 10:00 pm

This comment!! Loool!! We earthlings demand an answer oo 🙂

11. xtsy

May 27, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I think this woman needs psychiatric evaluation

12. stupidityslayer

May 27, 2014 at 9:50 pm

Lololololol this woman is tripping!!! Respect ko, Abegi! She should go and sit down jor

13. HRS_Cindy

May 27, 2014 at 10:37 pm

Hahahahahahaha! Her face alone makes me laugh….and ya’ll comments on here, lmao!!!

14. Troll

May 27, 2014 at 10:47 pm

She should just stay away from the media for a while. It will help all of us.

15. Bimpe

May 27, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Is she talking to kids? Am not sure! She can’t be addressing children in that manner

16. modakeke morikeke

May 27, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Of all the educated and intelligent women in Nigeria, God has chosen to FAVOUR Patience by making her our first lady. Why can’t we just accept this women for who she is.

17. NNENNE

May 28, 2014 at 12:56 am

For the record, my Grandma did not have any formal education but friends and family who had western education always came to her for advice.Her favorite quote was,” Passing six is not passing sense. ”
    Let’s leave Mama Peace alone with her English. After all it is a borrowed language.
    BTW, how much English did our Presidents in the past speak?

• Bleed Blue

May 28, 2014 at 8:53 am

Aha! Therein lies the difference. Your Grandma must have shown wisdom; and that cuts accross any language barrier. Wisdom is spoken in ANY language which is why people went to her for advice.

Can you honestly tell me you Nnenne would go to Patience for advice on even the simplest matters of life? Judging by the drivel she consistently comes up with, it’ll be hard to believe anyone would genuinely seek her counsel.

Much love to your granny and mine and all the grannies who positively impacted our lives.

As for Patience, I can only thank her for entertainment value.

18. missy J

May 28, 2014 at 1:00 am

Like seriously??? why are you all abusing the poor woman? what wrong has she done? I read all she said and I couldn’t fault a thing. Yeah she quoted a popular bible verse I bet our elders once did same to us but we never saw anything wrong with it(and there is nothing wrong with is) now the first lady did same you all went gaga. please you all should zip it

• Miss J

May 28, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Don’t you find it hypocritical? Why couldn’t she quote “thou shall not steal” ehn? What has her husband done to improve this country? Don’t forget people died months ago trying to get a job. So many atrocities have happened. Behind every great man is a woman. He’s not great sadly and she’s irrelevant.

19. yoyo

May 28, 2014 at 1:09 am

Y0! Patience..
    you aint my mum though..neither is your husband my dad..you gets me blad? Respect is earned…your husband isnt entitled to it. i like how you just misinterpreted the bible…silly billy. You need to stop speaking in public..not a good look hun

• Miss J

May 28, 2014 at 5:23 pm

20. a proper Nigerian abroad

May 28, 2014 at 2:10 am

My dear fellow Nigerians, please stop these tirades about Patience Jonathan. I regularly read your comments abusing her because she doesn’t speak proper English. As someone who was born in Nigeria and is now living in America, I am always concerned anytime I go to Nigeria and see how people are rated according to how westernized they look, speak or have an orientation to western life. As a Nigerian American, I am so pleased of my heritage, I have many Chinese, Japanese, Korean friends whose parents cannot speak fluent English but they are not labelled as illiterates. Do you mean that you prefer a first lady who sounds like a British or an American and who has an evil and black heart? From what I have seen of Patience Jonathan she seems to be sincere, ( I don’t know her or anyone associated with her) but she is the first lady of Nigeria, and we have to respect that. What wrong has she done, except that her English is not at par with what you desire it to be?

I am not asking you to like her, but please reduce or stop this blatant and unnecessary negativity directed towards her. She didn’t pay me to write this message, I don’t know her staff and I am not interested to know her or anybody linked with her. I am just a middle aged woman typing away in America in my house. If you don’t like her kindly respect the fact that she is the president’s wife. Thanks and God Bless our dear country Nigeria.

• Sugar

May 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

Sis, I’m not sure it has to do with her English though, I think its her persona. like @ Bleed Blue said wisdom and understanding cuts across language barrier and it is spoken in ANY language.

Nigerians can be very accommodating you know, especially when we see that you are making an effort regardless of where you are from. Her office calls and demands for much more, she’s been a public figure since her days as the deputy governors wife, haba…see how far T.B Joshua has come, mediocrity is the norm in our leadership, very sad indeed.

• Iris

May 28, 2014 at 3:52 pm

It is not her grammar that it is the issue. If she did what a first lady was meant to do, trust me most people would allow her grammar to fade into the background (even though I still think it is bad optics for a First lady to not be able to speak the country’s official language properly. I understand that English is not our native language. However for political and professional and EDUCATIONAL purposes it is our UNITED, official language). Anyway, that doesn’t matter too much here. The issue is that her thinking is warped and she has her duties confused. In such a situation, the additional bastardisation of English just becomes the coup de grace.

• Miss J

May 28, 2014 at 5:28 pm

Respect her because she’s the president wife? She’s never sincere and the mothers of those friends of yours you mentioned, aren’t the First Ladies of their countries and even if they were, they do not go blabbing to all and sundry. You won’t see MO or Sam Cam saying this crap would you?

21. ao

May 28, 2014 at 2:59 am

I’m just disgusted by this woman. She needs to just shut up.

22. Mary Cole

May 28, 2014 at 4:11 am

Patience Jonathan or what do you call yourself, shame, shame, shame on you and your armed robbery husband. He steal the nation’s money to buy 10 jet, and a host of other loots he has stolen from the citizens of Nigeria, he cannot contain common boko haram. He is not a leader, but an embarrassment to that nation. President Barack Obama sent the specially trained US troops to take care of osama bin Laden, they did. You don’t have specially trained armed forces group, to take care of boko haram. You open your ignorant mouth to say your husband is a leader. Big shame on you all looting that blessed country, God Almighty will deal with y’all very soon, IJMN Amen. God says, though hands join to hands, the wicked shall not go unpunished. That foolish akpabio in akwa ibom state will soon be burned by Holy Ghost fire. High tech robbers of the highest order. Shame.

23. Mary Cole

May 28, 2014 at 4:14 am

Bella naija, you guys make sure you post my comments in all its entirety.

24. Iris

May 28, 2014 at 5:49 am

You see how sadly obvious it is that these people do not understand the meaning of democracy? Her husband is our father. Indeed.
    So she is saying the NSS and Chief of Defence Staff know them yes?

25. sugabelly

May 28, 2014 at 6:15 am

Please did anybody here vote for this woman? no? Didn’t think so. Patience Jonathan should keep quiet. She is not an elected official of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

26. sandra

May 28, 2014 at 6:41 am

i think she do have a point. throwing abusive words on the president wont change any thing
    instead lets all put Nigeria in prayer and i believe God will change the story of this country

27. luchi

May 28, 2014 at 7:28 am

Bella naija pls where is the video. Am sure we would be able to dissect several gbaguan from it. This woman needs to shutup.she should just retire to the voillage and sell sungu like she used to. Kilode. Respect ke?how many have they given us as respectable citizen.But no they would rather pay militants 65 K a month .how much is minimum wage again?silly inept govt.

Ps BN it is also disrespectful that I would take time to visit your blog,leave comment and u will not post it. When it is not full of vulgarities.u better respect yourself. If you like don’t post this one.

28. Beauty

May 28, 2014 at 8:09 am

Does she have to open her mouth,imagine her speech,sounds more like my neighbour’s 3yr old son talking!

• Commentrina

May 28, 2014 at 9:39 am

Why are you insulting your neighbour’s 3 year old son na?

29. Sugar

May 28, 2014 at 9:45 am

all these comments, so very funny! On my way to a good start today. Madam, may you live long to keep keeping us entertained.

30. Benson Ossai

May 28, 2014 at 10:00 am

Amen to Sugar’s prayer.

31. sylvy

May 28, 2014 at 10:22 am

I want to beg you guys to please stop all d abuse on this woman. Its not her fault that she is the wife of the president. Lets acknowledge the fact that promotion comes from God. God decided at this time to promote her, lets accept it the way it is and pray for ours, after all we all desire good things of this life.

32. Mabel

May 28, 2014 at 10:44 am

Please, people, there is a difference between the words ‘abuse’ , and ‘insult’..

33. eche

May 28, 2014 at 11:20 am

People must criticise u…weather u are doing good or bad…it now depend on how u manage the situation. Our first lady is managing the situation very well. She refuse to stop addressing the public even while people continue to criticise her…kudoooss!

• Miss J

May 28, 2014 at 5:36 pm

People will criticise you…whether you do good or bad….it depends on how you manage the situation. Our first lady is managing this situation very well. She refused to stop addressing the public even when people continued to criticise her……Kudosssssss!

• E.M

May 30, 2014 at 9:43 am

The first Lady can not speak good English, you that can speak all kind of English; what is ur position with all ur English? Take it or leave it, She’s the First Lady of ur Nation Nigeria, any problem?

• E.M

May 30, 2014 at 9:49 am

What

34. kenora

May 28, 2014 at 7:55 pm

this so called stupid first lady is just a gasbag…if she dont know what to say, she better hide her – face…what respect are u talking about ,when our girls are out there praying for God to keep them alive… so they can see there parents once more…u are here talking about stupid respect..u must be a Psycho…

35. adanne

May 29, 2014 at 1:50 pm

It is very easy for you people to open your mouths to abuse this woman. Granted she comes across as unintelligent due to her poor use of english language. Nonetheless she is the first lady and there is nothing any of you can do about it. About not being fit for her office, how many of you know how good your parents are at their places of work. How many of you know how their surbodinates truly feel about them. Some of the people abusing these people are children of randy lecturers, bosses who expect you to sleep your way to the top. Oh yes! it sure begins at that level. Some people may have all the education and speak all the grammar yet are not good managers or are outrightly horrible bosses. Some of them are lucky to be at the positions they are yet the junior staff do a bulk of the work because they really don’t know how it is done. A lot of people use the phrase “monkey dey work, baboon dey chop”. The baboons are parents to some of the people who abuse the presidency. I have never been in support of the current president as I never saw a reason to vote him in. A lot of people thought he was capable and voted him in. Unfortunately he has disappointed them but I still don’t think it is right for people to rain abuses on him. I guess my point is we all need to work on our selves at the bottom level and then it would reflect in the general society.

• Sassy

May 29, 2014 at 10:28 pm

My opinion exactly. I do not excuse stupidity but I believe “he who is without sin should cast the first stone”.

• whale

June 1, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Yo! It’s not about a english, it’s just her lack of wisdom and selfishness. She’s been trying to defend her husband since this BH started. She’s less concerned about that issue, all she cares about is her husband. It’s democracy, we all have right to say whatever we want, at least on social media.

36. E.M

May 29, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Huummm

37. Tony

June 14, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Dame P should be on stage with I go die,Oke Bakassi, Basket Mouth and AY in any occasion and i am sure ticket sales would rise. As for those throwing pity parties for Mama Peace please take several seats. Its not all about the English, behaviour on the media leaves nothing to write home about.Shouting cries is not exemplary of any leaders wife. Now quoting isolated parts of the bible that suits her desires isn’t the way to go either. Give children’s letter to NSS??? Shebi they know where BH is abii? and like previous comments highlighted, she is more concerned of Jonathan’s image. Respect is earned. If my father tells me to kill, i would not go killing just because i interpret that the bible says Honour your father and your mother.