Relationships

Toke Makinwa’s Vlog: Why Single Girls Date Married Men

Toke Makinwa and Maje Ayida Wedding, January 2014, BellaNaija 019

Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa presents another episode of her vlog.

She stirs the conversation to a never ending trending topic, which she titles “Why Single Girls Date Married Men“.

In today’s society, such ladies are often referred to as “runs girls”. Although Toke says she doesn’t support such relationships, she shares her thoughts on why they do so.

A few points she made are;

• Where are the single guys?
  • Ladies can’t deal with lies by single men…married men are married, they are upfront
  • Married men are more romantic
  • Financial gain

Watch

1. ayanna54

May 21, 2014 at 7:59 pm

they forget today’s so called immature single guys are tomorrow’s wealthy,and married men.The glorified married men were once young,immature and imperfect .Then again it has been proven time and time again that married men are easeir to fool and rob unlike the single ones.

2. Tosin

May 21, 2014 at 8:10 pm

ha. funny. good points.
    Why are young men expected to “have money” right off the bat even when the women don’t?
    Why, as she asked, aren’t men hanging out with their wives?
    And I’ll add this one: why are there so many damn liars in our society? 🙂

3. Ologundudu

May 21, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Point on Toke!

4. Liver

May 21, 2014 at 11:00 pm

May I add that revenge and malice can also be a reason. I remember dating this guy who was my Prince Charming in every sense of the word. He was too good and perfect. Very romantic and sweet. We had plans for a future together and I thought I was lucky to have him. We lived in different cities but he was either with me at my place or I travel to see him almost every weekend. And I stay at his house. When I heard a rumour that he was married , I didn’t believe it cos I knew him to his family including the elder bros and all his friends. I asked him and he denied it. He said the lady in question was his ex fiancé. His friends didn’t give me much information but I suspected something was wrong when a lady answered my call one night. And one day, I read her messages from her to him about buying their baby’s food. (We dated for 2 years and she got pregnant n had a baby during that time) I copied and called her to verify if truly she was the wife and all she could say was I should leave her husband. I was angry with her for allowing her husband deceive me conveniently. Where was she when he was visiting me and I was visiting the house? Why didn’t she suspect or stop her husband? I was hurt by his actions but I was in love so I continued to date him when he appologied even though I was angry n wounded. Of cos, it didn’t last. I felt bad afterwards and ended it. But I made sure she knew I was dating him as a married man cos she was a careless wife. As for the guy, I feigned pregnancy and death with him………..

• newbie

June 3, 2014 at 6:24 pm

You know, I could slap you. What do you mean by ‘careless wife’? Is he a baby or a minor that she will keep tabs on? And why do you think she owes YOU an explanation about where she was when you were visiting her house? Wonders shall never end. And you come on here to tell us that you ‘ended it’. Tell that to the Marines, you hear? If you didn’t leave him immediately you found out – out of anger, hurt, self-righteousness, whatever, pick one – then your sorry ass must have been too weak to leave and he finally cut you loose when he was done with you. I know it’s your story but please, get it right. Sheesh!

5. single gal

May 21, 2014 at 11:02 pm

There is no excuse under the sun to date another woman’s husband. Why would any girl abuse and cheapen herself in such a way! Dating another woman’s man is a “lose- lose” situation. Most of all a lady is seriously blocking her own chance of meeting her own life partner!

6. Michael

May 21, 2014 at 11:58 pm

True talk toke.You are becoming real now.We are beginning to like you now.Nice one

7. iba

May 22, 2014 at 2:23 am

Mostly for financial gain. Oh well whatever makes you sleep well at night. swiftly moving on…

8. Saka

May 22, 2014 at 3:08 am

Ifeoma E . that finished from redeemers university continue sleeping with other ples men…nemesis must catch up with u! God is not sleeping…

9. Dee

May 22, 2014 at 9:36 am

I’m sorry but for me there is no justification whatsoever as to why a lady should date a married man. That’s insane and totally wrong on every single level. Turn the table around and imagine someone dating and flaunting your husband. Pls give what u will accept. Simple

• Noksis

May 22, 2014 at 10:57 am

I wish there was a like like button. Dee you spoke my mind. I find it disgusting and out-rightly stupid. To gain what? How much? Where did dignity and self respect go to.
      For ladies who do, the man will never respect you. How many mistresses turned wives? I used to swear at them and curse them alot. But now i just relax because karma is such a bitch that never fails.
      No reason justifies it.

10. ziariz

May 22, 2014 at 9:36 am

am confused but has Toke forgotten that she is also married cos she said “Why aren’t the married men hanging out with their wives”

very sensitive topic, she is very brave for playing the good cop, bad cop role…

11. Bella

May 22, 2014 at 11:25 am

Its not only single girls that date married men, #IJS

12. don

May 22, 2014 at 12:00 pm

@ZIARIZ What point are you making? yea she is married, this is not abt her..

13. damson

May 22, 2014 at 12:30 pm

@ziariz. Whats ur point exactly????

14. Mine

May 22, 2014 at 1:58 pm

It is very simple, whether you are single or married, “DATE A MARRIED MAN AND ANOTHER WOMAN DATES YOUR HUSBAND”

Share another woman’s man and let another woman share your man.

15. Ohumotu

May 22, 2014 at 4:06 pm

dear Toke, I love you and all but please tell me y YOU are not wearing your wedding ring and u come here to ask y men are not wearing theirs? I mean really y? becos of all the plenty plenty “pishur” u post on ur IG acct or anyone we see online, we don’t see d ring. Plus y r YOU not hanging out with YOUR husband…? Whatever though

16. Anon.

May 23, 2014 at 5:07 pm

Toke should just shut up please. Didnt she date married men when she was in Unilag and when she worked at Zenith bank. kmt.

17. Alfi

May 25, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Loooooool nigerian gurls r jus pussies I thinkk most of our celebrities slept wif married men b4. getin to d top. Dats y we got our young gurls followin deir footsteps n som of dem deir mothers encourages dem. Dey all forget dat dey gunna gt married too. Jus pitty deir husbands n som of dem end up not avin any. I swear to God most guyz r not happy abut it. Prostitution s takin over nigeria

18. Bella

May 27, 2014 at 5:03 am

I always think that the biggest lie about infidelity and unfaithfulness is making it always an issue about the other woman and less about the unfaithful man. If the focus were to be on the “man” who actually does the straying….maybe this issues will be tackled more effectively……
    Too bad that we often treat the symptom and not the diesease. The focus SHOULD ALWAYS BE ON THE MAN WHO STRAYS… The other woman is just “other woman” or “women” if he is a serial cheater. As long as the focus is on the woman and not on the man who makes the conscious decision to stray….. the disease will not go away. WOMEN….GET REAL AND FOCUSED!!!!

• newbie

June 3, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Well said. And for those that keep saying if you date a married man you are blocking your chances of getting married, iro ni. Most of the runs girls when I was at uni were the first to marry, sharp sharp. Some of them married and still continued their runs. As far as they’re concerned, they ‘ve got nothing to lose. If a man makes himself available and they fancy him….they have absolutely no qualms. Wedding ring does not come into the matter because the men kwanu are not exactly hiding it that they are married. They are comfortable with their status and so are their mistresses. Some of the most importants thing to be as a married woman are confident, self-assured and self-sustaining. That knocks some fear into men. They know that you are not hanging on to them for dear life. That you can walk away if it gets too much for you. And you can take your kids too. And adequately fend for them. Men usually think twice before trying to cheat on such women. And if after thinking twice they still do, hunnie it ain’t you, it’s him. Let him be , and make your decision, because he’s not going to change. So it’s either you turn a blind eye and stick with it, or give him his walking papers. Your choice…

19. Nelly

January 31, 2015 at 1:32 pm

When people talk like like is straight forward and perfect. I just wonder. Somepeople here r cursing out on the other woman instead of the man who goes after them. When a woman is married , she feels lucky and every other single woman out their unlucky. If the tables were turned!!!! U will sleep with a married man, so please his holier than thou attitude should stop. Some widows sleep with married men, some single women sleep with married men, some divorced women sleep with married women. So it will not end!!!! Look for another topic please, it is easier for a woman who has a man to come here and throw curses. Excuse me please. Most people here have slept with married men or will sleep in the future. People who sleep with married people other than the obvious financial again, fall in love with them and the men with the ladies. Every relationship must not end in marriage . And the fact a man is married is not a rule that he loves his wife more that he mistress. Married women sleep with married men too. Some people need the escape, the emotions to survive . So please all these holy people swearing up and down get real. So having said that, if u r a married man be faithful to UR wife and vice versa, but the clauses of sleeping with married men will happen to the end of life,. Another topic please!!!