News

Boateng & Muntari Kicked Out of Ghana’s World Cup Squad

Kevin Boateng - June 2014 - BellaNaija,com 01
Here’s your football update. The Ghana Football Association has announced via a statement on its website that Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari have been kicked out of Ghana’s World  Cup squad for indiscipline.

Both players “have been suspended indefinitely,” read the statement.

Boateng was expelled for “vulgar verbal insults targeted at coach Kwesi Appiah during the team’s training session in Maceio”, while Muntari was punished for an “unprovoked physical attack on an executive committee member”.

Sulley-MuntariThe statement also added that the incident involving Muntari took place on Tuesday and named Moses Armah as the man assaulted by the 29-year-old midfielder.

27-year-old Boateng who Rihanna was crushing on via Twitter, is said to have “showed no remorse for his actions”.

The news comes one day after Ghana’s government sent in $3million in a chartered plane to Brazil to pay the players’ appearance fees. Read the full story here.

Photo Credit: Kevin-Prince Boateng Fan Page | Sulley Muntari

1. Ibinabo

June 26, 2014 at 2:09 pm

“27-year-old Boateng who Rihanna was crushing on via Twitter”…. BN, is this an adjective??!

• iyke

June 26, 2014 at 2:32 pm

No, it’s an emphatic expression to tell us that Queen Rihanna Uwa nile dey crush on am. Ngwa nu, we don hear!

2. GhanaGirl

June 26, 2014 at 2:29 pm

With a stupid foolish retarded demonic Government in office what do you expect. It will be nothing but confusion. As a ghanaian i say Kevin, leave Black stars and do like your brother did and play for Germany.

All this frustruation is not worth it especially when you have Corrupt government officials stealing almost 50% of players money.

I give you the benefit of thedoubt that emotions are high with this non payment and if you cussed out the coach so be it (he is too timid for my liking anyway).

As a ghanaian i know for sure we will loose today. The morale amongst most players is down with the – going on..

– You John Mahama (WORST PRESIDENT IN GHANAS HISTORY) – – his equally ever so corrupt brother Ibrahim Mahama and – all NDC governmenT and supporters

I HATE NDC GOVERNMENT

I PRAY WE LOOSE TODAY!!!

LORD PLEASE LET US LOOSE TODAY IN JESUS NAME, I DONT WANT ANY WINS BY BLACK STARS UNDER NDC GOVERNMENT

• Iris

June 26, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Chineke me! So we aren’t the only ones that complain. Lol I understand the frustrations an inept government can cause believe me, but please don’t take it out on football. I’m really rooting for Ghana to win and for Germany to bastardise the US today.

• Word

June 26, 2014 at 6:50 pm

What did the US do to you? Did they deny your visa application?

• Maestro

June 27, 2014 at 12:51 am

Ghana Girl,
      Chill. You are very bitter. You are bitter that your tribal party masquerading as a democracy is not ruling Ghana. Is NPP any less tribal than NDC? This is another reason I have low tolerance for your kind. They are 2 faced beyond belief. Always pretending and smiling in your face only to stab you in the back. You’ve used this entertainment platform to drum that you will never support the team and by extension, Ghana as long as your tribe’s people the NPP are not in power. Is that not first class negative tribalism ? And then you turn around and say that other Ghanaian tribes who don’t speak your Twi language are “not really Ghanaian.” You are absolutely right though. We were never Ghanaian. Not in 1802, not in 1902, not in 1945 or 1950. We had our own tribe nations. Its all Nkrumah’s fault merging us as one Ghana. And yet history has painted him a saint! I cannot wait until this fake nation called Ghana disintegrates. I applaud the NDC/NPP tribal banter. Let it continue. It will fan the flames of discontent already widespread and growing and the inevitable will soon happen. It appears you and your tribe are sick of Ghana. There is something called secession. Separation from a nation by choice. Leave. Go and form Akan nation and live there.Where every president will be from your tribe. Its possible you see? But you must take action. DO SOMETHING about it: Secede. Your people would have done us a favor. I wonder if you cowards will ever have the gustro to bring up the issue of secession publicly. You are a bunch of cowards. I have never seen a more faint-hearted people who have no courage. Secede, Akan Girl, Go!

3. GhanaGirl

June 26, 2014 at 2:30 pm

NEXT TIME THE ILLITERATES AND FOOLS GO TO THE POLLS TO VOTE
    VOTE SMART.

IDIOTS!!

• Dede

June 26, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I guess I am an illiterate and a fool. However I Shall emphasis on SHALL vote for John Mahama over and over again. Thank you. Let me go dwell in my folly. God is the judge of all.

• Michael

June 26, 2014 at 5:56 pm

yes you are definitely an illiterate a fool and an idiot like the rest of tHW NDCS voters because you only vote on one thing only,

TRIBE

or even worse yet looks or they vote because of personal benefit they are getting from the in government, such as big contracts etc (directly or family members).

Foolish idiots like you dont vote policies and who best is smart to push the country forward with excellent ideas for the nation.

Only an illiterate FOOL votes based on TRIBE and not on actual economic policies.

Such people are scum of the earth. Illiterates born my a bunch of foolish illiterates.

I Agree with Ghana Girl Mahama is the worst president ghana has ever had. Worst is an understatement

• Dede

June 27, 2014 at 10:07 am

@Michael, thank you.. but I still remain a fool!!!!!!

• amaa

June 26, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Chai Daris god oh I thought we had issues in naija. Ganah girl calm down I understand you are pissed but football should unite not separate.

• Author Unknown

June 27, 2014 at 5:22 am

GhanaGirl. Loose Vs. Lose. Don’t be so quick to term others illiterate. We all know African players don’t play for national pride, so insubordination to a superordinate who is not as rich is not such a big surprise.

4. Vic

June 26, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Ghanagirl,I so agree with you.this government is the worst in our history.

5. Anon

June 26, 2014 at 3:29 pm

It’s sad that it’s always the established players who cause problems. I bet there are thousands of not so well known Ghanaian players who will do anything to be in that squad. Now two slots have been wasted. KP always seems more interested in his looks and gelled hair. This nonsense can’t be tolerated in the German squad. I’m happy they have an indigenous coach but could he have done this to a Foreign coach or a Stephen Keshi type of coach? They will not brook any disobedience.

• nene

June 26, 2014 at 4:30 pm

don’t mind these players.

6. mimz

June 26, 2014 at 3:37 pm

@GhanaGirl, madam smart. a player slaps a member of the football executive committee n u twist d issue to poor governance. sulley n KVP have always done well to ve bad names in the sport. what u jst did in ur comments was to explain how dump a gal u r. chill, dnt spill ur vernom all over bellanaija. ‘u r not team jesus’ mmmm?

7. mimz

June 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

@bellanaija- plss asoebi for this week no come o. bn refreshing my page since yesterday.

• Igbeyinadun

June 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I have also been waiting ooo

8. sum1special

June 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Wonder why grown adults are acting like kids these days.

9. nene

June 26, 2014 at 4:30 pm

too bad of them. muntari always looks upset.

• mimz