News

Roli Bode-George appointed Director General of NDLEA

Roli Bode-George - June 2014 - BellaNaija,com
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan today Thursday 19th June 2014, appointed Roli Bode-George, the Director General of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

Roli Bode-George, the wife of former Ondo State Governor and Chairman of Nigerian Ports Authority Bode George, will take over from Olufemi Ajayi, who is now the Executive Secretary of the Petroleun Technology Development Fund (PTDF).

Roli Bode-George - June 2014 - BellaNaija,com 01
Reuben Abati, who is President Jonathan’s Special Adviser, confirms the news, and says the appointment is with immediate effect.

1. E

June 19, 2014 at 7:23 pm

huh? seriously……

2. nene

June 19, 2014 at 7:23 pm

perks of marrying your father.

3. Wale

June 19, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Positioned so hard drugs can freely come into the country to fund PDP and DUMBO’S re-elections.

4. NaijaPikin

June 19, 2014 at 8:01 pm

In sensible countries, when someone is appointed to a position by the president, usually it is followed by a brief explanation of their educational and career background. Almost to assure the public of the person’s competency. Perhaps our govt will get there 1 day, or perhaps our media will assist where the govt fails. sigh!

• Opinion

June 19, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Naija pikin So true….and for such a sensitive position too that requires a seasoned technocrat. What a mess Nigeria is.

• adelegirl

June 20, 2014 at 11:59 am

They actually do that o NaijaPikin. Except in cases where the person has no… erm… clearly defined educational or professional background to match the appointment. I was hoping my initial thought that this was a purely political appointment would be proven wrong by a brief synopsis of her educational/professional qualifications. I was disappointed but not surprised when I didn’t see it. Apart from being known as one of Bode George’s wives, prior to this appointment I only knew/heard of her as one of Lagos society ladies, frequently gracing the pages of mags like city people and encomium in aso-ebi. She also had a shortlived ambition for political office- I think she nursed the idea of running for Governor of Lagos state – I recall seeing her poster back in the day. Back when the Kemi Nelsons were reigning in the Lagos political scene. The mind boggles really.

This is NDLEA we are talking about o. How do you use NDLEA to play politics? SMH SMH This government has truly gone out of hand. We are all just pawns being sacrificed on the altar of one man’s ruthless ambition. I mean, isn’t is amazing- a key PDP southwest financier is wanted in the US on charges of drug trafficking, then you appoint the wife of a PDP chieftain to man the drugs law enforcement agency. Not to mention that the minister of police affairs (also a key southwest PDP person) is a former murder suspect… Nigeria, I hail thee truly! Mr President, at the end of the day, you cannot rule in perpetuity- alas you are a mortal man – so continue doing all these just to secure your ambition of four more years- what happens after 2019, what happens if you push this country to the brink? Do you not care at all? Where is your brain goddamit?!

5. ao

June 19, 2014 at 8:03 pm

What in her background qualifies her for this position? Seriously asking.

6. Gistyinka Blog

June 19, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Hmmmm Nigeria politics is funny and it for the cable clan.

7. winf

June 19, 2014 at 8:24 pm

…….At least if the hubby can’t, she can! Wonders shall never end in this GEJ Nigeria- lol

8. ivie

June 19, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Hmmm….

9. Anon

June 19, 2014 at 8:57 pm

If it helps she studied Political Science in UNIBEN.

Shakes head! What a shame.

10. Yets

June 19, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Political trade offs…guess that was abode George’s reward for granting the president a favour of sorts that will never be made public
    Which way Nigeria?

11. Vortex

June 19, 2014 at 10:19 pm

And the movie continues… Voodoo politics.

12. FJD

June 20, 2014 at 1:34 am

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD…Make sure no drug enter this country or move out oh! GOD WILL INTERVENE FOR NIJA!!!! IN JESUS CHRIST NAME!!!

13. Yosky

June 20, 2014 at 3:12 am

Hope indeed is a dangerous thing

14. efe

June 20, 2014 at 9:58 am

What is happening in this country? our leaders are just out to ruin this nation.
    This position is too sensitive to be given just to ANYONE.
    My God ,Please arise and help this Nation.

15. adelegirl

June 20, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Meanwhile, these aren’t very flattering pictures of her. I remember her being an unblemished, fresh, good-looking woman.

16. Safetrak

June 20, 2014 at 12:57 pm

I am Nigerian and it hurts me that in this era and in my generation we see our country suffering in the hands of mediocre. GEJ lacks the pedigree to rule Nigeria and such foolish appointments is expected.I was born Nigeria and do not have to die Nigerian.

17. beebee

June 20, 2014 at 1:37 pm

When I heard the news on my way to work this morning, the first thing that went through my mind was “huh, who is she? what has she done? what’s here pedigree?”. I’ve scoured all over for anything about her background or what she’s done to even be considered competent for this job, nothing. This is pretty sad.