News

Grills, Champagne & Fireworks! See Genevieve Nnaji, D’banj, Peter Okoye, The Obamas celebrate “Fourth of July”

Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01
Yesterday, America celebrated its Independence Day on the Fourth of July.

Although it is a celebratory affair for mostly Americans, a few of our stars also joined in.

Enjoy!
Genevieve Nnaji
Genny grilled pork, chicken and corn with a few close friends. Judging from the picture, Genevieve has put the controversy of the past week far behind her.

She captioned the pic, “Eat Your Heart Out”
Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02

Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03
Peter Okoye, D’banj & Governor Rotimi Amaechi
The American Embassy in Abuja had a Fourth of July celebration. Peter Okoye of P-Square performed “Chop My Money” and other guests present were D’banj and Rotimi Amaechi, the Governor of Rivers State.

The music stars later hit the club to party!
Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 04Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 05

Stella Damasus
Actress and activist Stella Damasus and her girls got busy in the kitchen.
Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 06Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 07

Obamas – Barack, Michelle, Malia
Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 08

Malia, Michelle and Barack watch the Fourth of July fireworks from the roof of the White House. Photo Credit: Pete Souza for the White House.

And there was a lot of stripping down, no wait a LOT!

Ashanti

Ashanti

Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 010

Joanna Krupa

Joanna Krupa

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey

Miranda Kerr

Miranda Kerr

Christiana Milian

Christiana Milian

Fourth of July - July 2014 - BellaNaija.com 015

1. Aragon

July 5, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Haba. Naija don follow dey celebrate 4th of July!?
    Wake me up when Americans celebrate Ikeji masquerade festival.
    -I know Ikeji is not a national festival, but it matters to a lot of people.
    Only rhesus animals in a zoo copy people foolishly.

• Aro people

July 5, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Are you from Arondizuogu?

• ruzy

July 6, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Aragon, check well u will know that those people stay in that country and there is nothing wrong in celebrating with them. After all there are lots of oyibo that celebrates our traditional festivals with us. please stop hating

2. Amazingly me

July 5, 2014 at 5:01 pm

This is becoming very sick n appalling. Nigerians celebrating the 4th too??? I can’t even shout.

• NNENNE

July 5, 2014 at 11:50 pm

You took it right out of my mouth. Thanks.

• alviscali

July 11, 2014 at 1:46 pm

she was able to take it out of your mouth because it is trash..dont go back for it

• alviscali

July 11, 2014 at 1:38 pm

are they celebrating it in Nigeria?????whats wrong with having a barbecue on a summer holiday..its no that serious..get over it……….

3. Barbara

July 5, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Nigerians would not kill me sha. Did any other country celebrate independence day with us. Nigerians would literally celebrate everything and anything foreign. The struggle to feel among. Mtcheeeewww

• Mimiejacobz

July 5, 2014 at 7:07 pm

Thank you my sista,i lyk Genevieve but I feel she’s trying too hard on this foreign issues,Lusitania self no fool dem celebrate

4. supercute diamond

July 5, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Chopping the good life! God bless my hustle. Aragon stop hating live and let live, must americans celebrate your so called ikeji fest before nigerians who choose to mark 4th of july mark it? I’m a nigerian and I don’t know what ikeji festival means, when, where, who, or how its celebrated! Matter of fact just Hearing abt it!

5. Superfly

July 5, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I dont understand why some people are angry,if they happen to be there at the same time americans are celebrating,they should not celebrate with them? or they should say”sorry am a nigerian,its not our independence yet” metcheew

6. beatrice

July 5, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Anything that has to do with enjoyment. Naija people are there CONFAM

7. Author Unknown

July 5, 2014 at 5:54 pm

American wannabes are crawling out of their closets. LOL. I hope you know a US visitor visa does not make you American. Gots to love Nigerians!

• Amazingly me

July 5, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Even living in America for a decade doesn’t make you a citizen either. Foolish Nigerian wannabes.

8. Dizzy

July 5, 2014 at 6:03 pm

As long as they are in America, I see nothing wrong with them celebrating.

The one that will make me want to puke is if they celebrate it in Naija.

Lolzzzz @ ‘ikeji market festival’ what the hell?!? Haha.

• Amazingly me

July 5, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Oooo from the post, it appears that some of the sick American wannabes actually celebrated it in Naija. Sick sick pple that will glorify anything American lol

• cos I say so

July 5, 2014 at 9:30 pm

The American Ambassador to Nigeria had a party and invited Nigerians to celebrate with him… every other celebration took place in the U.S
      I nu go

9. nene

July 5, 2014 at 6:15 pm

nigerians oh! copy copy!

10. Charis

July 5, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Lol, Nigerians I hail thee

11. missy J

July 5, 2014 at 7:19 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA I said it! ever since nigerians began to celebrate Halloween I knew they were capable of such. Brazil independence nah it remain for us to celebrate.

12. lilian

July 5, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Our stars keep on shinning.Genevieve,I see you. enjoy yourself.

13. lilian

July 5, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Our stars keep on shinning.Genevieve,I see you. enjoy yourself.God bless you.

14. makash

July 5, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Go Gene!

15. ***slim dee** a.k.a. lorenzO

July 5, 2014 at 8:49 pm

Omg! My lovely genevieve nnaji, p square, rotimi ameachi, stella damascus, d banj I site ina all as ina dey celebrate people own! Na xo dem dey celebrate ina too……..dat is y dey r grwoing fast in d industry nah!.

16. Mercy

July 5, 2014 at 9:04 pm

This is such a pity.Our obsession with America n all things foreign is just sickening. It’s beyond me how Nigerians really take the time,effort and expend resources on killing themselves over US.“I want to win Oscar”, “I want to win Grammy”! Cut the slack already.This problem is beyond the surface and more entrenched in our history and trust me,if nothing is done about our do or die love for “dem Amrika”,Nigeria ain’t moving forward. And yes, I am taking it P,to the chest level!!!

• Hian

July 5, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Please speak pidgin next time. Cut the slack already kwa, what does that even mean? In the US most foreigners celebrate the 4th and the US embassy invited the celebs to celebrate. It is important to read first o Aunty Mercy.

• Mercy

July 6, 2014 at 1:07 am

STFU…..why don’t u teach me English then?Olodo.Oya,cut me some slack!Is ur bank acct fatter now?

• alviscali

July 11, 2014 at 1:45 pm

take it to your chest cos there where the ignorance is coming from…….your argument dosnt even make sense,what is wrong with people aspiring to get to bigger and BETTER platforms…that myopic mentality of ohhh i am too African to strive for anything from the west is the reason why Africa is behind in almost everything positive..,, when American tourists visit Nigerian and there is a festival,don’t u see them trying to be as involved in it as they are possibly allowed,so what is wrong if a Nigerian happens to be in america for one of the biggest holidays and decide to EAT like they do especially on that day……..its 2014 leave that mentality behind and try to do something with yourself other than striving to get on African movie magic…………………

17. Idak

July 5, 2014 at 9:05 pm

That Genny small chops make sense die.

18. Asaa

July 5, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Come on ppl! No one is cooying anyone. There was a celebration at the US embassy in Abuja wuth the governor and some artistes in attendance. All the other pics were taking in the US ..i celebrate 4th of Juky when i visit. No biggie

19. Asaa

July 5, 2014 at 10:10 pm

July I meant

20. Hian

July 5, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Wallahi some of you are very slow. The US embassy celebrated THEIR independence and INVITED the governor and awon celebs. Also, in the US everyone takes time to either watch the fireworks, cook up a storm or just relax from work on the 4th. Ah ah una go school?

21. mrs chidukane

July 5, 2014 at 10:54 pm

People can be so bitter online . So if i’m in Lagos or in the North during Sallah I can’t celebrate with my Muslim friends? As Genevieve and Stella Damasus are in the US they should lock their doors and refuse to attend any 4th of July party? Or Dbanj and co should turn down the invitation of the American Embassy? The Nigerian staff there should also not attend the party? Let’s take it easy, Amazingly me,Author unknown and Nene abeg calm down

• memebaby

July 6, 2014 at 9:05 pm

God bless you!! I was waiting for a reasonable comment! what are you angry people saying ? jealously, rage ? what is it ?
      So I go to canada, and my friends are celebrating canada day I cannot post a pic or celebrate with them ? tsk tsk.. or even the moslem example too ?? kia kia.. some of you are just so spiteful!

22. BUKOLA

July 6, 2014 at 12:50 am

SO NIGERIANS NOW CELEBRATE FOURTH OF JULY??? REALLY, MUST WE COPY EVERYTHING “AMRIKA”(I SPELLED IT THAT WAY.)
    I HEARD OF ONE PARTY THAT SOME PEOPLE ORGANIZED IN VI FOR THE FOURTH OF CELEBRATION. MAHN, Y’ALL NEED TO CHILL OUT

• alviscali

July 11, 2014 at 1:49 pm

and so what….ctfu and take a chill pill..it is just a party….

23. nna

July 6, 2014 at 12:51 am

Bikonu when did we start celebrating 4th of July in this country. Last year, it was Halloween;this year July 4th.
    Nigerians bikonu wake up. Why cant we popularize our own festivals?

24. mary

July 6, 2014 at 1:31 am

i really don’t get it, why people are going on and on saying that Nigerian are celebrating 4th July, Genny happens to be in the US at the same period, and Stella D has been living there for a while now, we all know that Americans do not koke with their 4th and thanksgiving holidays, and anyone who happens to be around there at the time celebrates with them. did you all expect genny to lock herself inside while her hosts are in a celebratory mood, na woa, we must find fault in everything people do, just to have something negative to say. you all read it that the US embassy in Abj invited some of these folks like Dbanj, Peter for their 4th celebration, so why all the bashing that Nigerians copy everything, they are now celebrating 4th.

25. Ik

July 6, 2014 at 5:45 am

You will think uche jombo who is married to an American ,been hiding pregnancy in New York will post 4th of July picture with hubby no she loaded IG with movie posters yesterday total rubbish ,this is how you rock 4th of July please all haters should take seats there is nothing wrong with Genny ,Peter and dbanj celebrating with US they are all there at the moment

26. bukola

July 6, 2014 at 10:27 am

I don’t know y some pple can’t just appreciate their fellow beings. I believe every of u haters with negative comments don’t av s tangible reasons for ur comments but just being biased. Is there anything wrong in celebrating? If u pple were chanced or av d opportunity to be there I believed u will all jump to grabbed d offer. Genny, Dbanj, Psquare etc were lucky and privileged to be there among 150,000,000+ in this country. So haters wake up and appreciate God on their behalf. I love them all. Shikena

27. AutoPrincess

July 6, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Seen BN, please don’t forget to bring us pictures of Nigerians celebrating thanksgiving later this year, ehn inugo?

• Anon

July 6, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Or Halloween!

28. Mostest

July 6, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Well valentines day is not a Nigerian celebration. Hell even Christmas is not an African religion. So why don’t we just stick to oro and new yam festival? Nigerians can complain of stupid things sha. You want your celebs to win international awards but it’s a problem when they identify with the international community. Didn’t the same America support #bringbackourgirls? Some people are just ignorant

29. Mostest

July 6, 2014 at 10:25 pm

Christianity is not an African religion I meant.

30. sum1special

July 7, 2014 at 10:53 am

Well our own 1st of October is coming soon, they better celebrate it this way.

31. maria

July 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

i think people are judging because they don’t understand what 4th of July is like here in america. i have lived in this country for years and i am a citizen so i am very qualified to celebrate but even if you are not american and just visiting trust me if you are in the state during 4th of July you will have no choice than to celebrate or go visit people it is a big deal and a big holiday here, it is like Christmas everyone stay home and have parties like in my house we throw a full party with guests and lots of food, drinks and fire works. so if you are in america during fourth of July you will have to join the celebration at least BBQ the only thing that will be weird is if people in Nigeria celebrate 4th of July lol and FYI during 1st of October some of my friends celebrate Nigeria independence with my family

32. Na me

July 17, 2014 at 7:19 pm

How many americans celebrate 1st october? Are you an american? I tire for nigerians and their desire to be/wish they were americans and british.