News

#BringBackOurBoys – Boko Haram Abducts 100 Young Men in Borno – Report

BellaNaija.com

School Boys - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01

Islamist militant sect Boko Haram is yet to #BringBackOurGirls and now, a report states they have taken young men.

Punch reports that during a Sunday attack in Doron Baga, Borno community, 100 boys and young men were abducted while 10 were allegedly killed by Boko Haram.

According to the news publication, some of those that fled the area were sighted in Maiduguri on Thursday. They said they had to flee because of the constant attacks by the insurgents.

Halima Alhaji Adamu, one of the displaced persons said six members of Hadejia community in Doron Baga were killed and about 100 young men were abducted on Sunday when the sect launched an attack on their community, displacing thousands who are now refugees in parts of Borno and Yobe states.

Halima also said that she lost her husband in the attack. She claims the insurgents are believed to have abducted the young men in order to forcefully conscript them.

“The attack was on Sunday, in my family they killed six people, I don’t know about the other families but the Hadaijawa community which I belong also had 100 of the abducted by the insurgents.

I think it is better to go and live with family members than opting for camps. We lost everything we have worked for, and I don’t think the camp will be a better place for us.

With family members, we can have the courage to face life again but the camp will continue to make us reflect on our predicament because there is no care as such no focus for one to engage himself or herself into doing something meaningful.”

(Picture – used for descriptive purpose only)

1. Tuu

August 14, 2014 at 7:13 pm

My heart bleeds for Nigeria, Lord save us please, I have always heard about signs of the end times, but never visualized it to be this thorough. This Life is just vanity, Vanity upon vanity, at the end of the day, the Gucci shoes, best schools, best education, best jobs would mean nothing.SMH

• Pat

August 14, 2014 at 8:31 pm

U have wisdom!!! u are so right. In reality those things mean nothing. Vanity indeed.

• C'est moi

August 14, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Oh please just stop with the end times malarchy, you just make yourself sound so silly. Even sillier than Apostle Paul who was certain it would be in his generation! Mankind has and will continue to perpetuate evil

2. 1st 300 girls, now 100 boys. We will all be here, being led by an airhead, boko haram will kidnap enough to build an army n enslave all of us.

• benny

August 14, 2014 at 7:56 pm

dear knowledgeable one who knows all the nooks and crannies/intricacies of the north… please write a detailed essay on how you wld have curbed political terrorism if you were president of Nigeria. thank you.

3. dizzy

August 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm

is this a joke??!!
    Pls find some more reputable sources abeg. I see Punch, but pls confirm with another news agency

4. Maryam

August 14, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Have mercy Lord

5. I told y’all shekau the dead fighting leader of BKboyz..aint givin up or in soon..I still love bella oooh

6. Grace E

August 14, 2014 at 7:48 pm

quick question? didn’t book haram send a letter abi warning notifying these ppl that they were gonna kidnap girls soon? or was it to a school? this is so sad tho 🙁

btw why hasn’t the leader of Boko Haram caught ebola.?

• Adesusu

August 14, 2014 at 8:13 pm

I wonda y too

7. I go dey laff

August 14, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Na boys na later na women d go carry, govt nur fit stop ds insurgency

8. Delta Alpha

August 14, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Let the gvment exchange the prisoners, thats the only and the best way we will have them back and safe, .God help Nigeria

9. nene

August 14, 2014 at 8:47 pm

bring back is a fu**ing joke. they’ll soon kidnap 100 cows

10. name

August 14, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I find the” bring back our boys tag” unnecessary, this is serious

11. Authentic Sunshine

August 14, 2014 at 10:09 pm

Hey my God. I thought Ebola scared the beetles outta these knuckle heads. Y can’t we have 3 days straight with no sad news?

12. shannaro

August 14, 2014 at 10:09 pm

This is becoming like fiction I’m this close to wishing they would kidnap Jo’s kids to tringer sth anything

13. jahtosd

August 14, 2014 at 10:46 pm

All this sheat got me suck # bad leaders # i careless ‘fk’ dem;)

14. ivy specia

August 15, 2014 at 12:59 am

Dis is funny ooo boko haram are fooling themselves taking girls and now boys. #jst making mockery 4 ur selves @boko haram well like we said b4 #brings back our gals and now #BRING BACK OUR BOYs!! And morever dis is too much of najia ,at first it was BRING BACK OUR GAls , EBOLA and now bring back our boys

15. leeleo

August 15, 2014 at 6:48 am

1st was girls, now boy, later women, then men after that, they will go for our grandma and grandpa. Our leaders should stop all this drama and make naija a better place

16. Taye

August 15, 2014 at 9:05 am

This happened on Sunday, so why are we hearing about it now. I think this matter needs to be looked at to see if they were abducted and how many. We are seeing things in this woman’s perspective and she was under duress at the time.

17. Maxime

August 15, 2014 at 9:18 am

Na wa o. These are truly perilous times. Terrible news everywhere.

18. efe

August 15, 2014 at 9:38 am

God, have mercy,this is no good at all.
    Do not even know if the Nigeria Political Leaders are doing anything about bringing the Girls,now the Boys.
    All they have on their mind is the elections and how to mop out money from circulations for their own selfish use.
    It took the President a 100days to meet with the parents of these girls and to add insult to injury,asking them to come to the villa instead of going to meet with them,Do you console with someone from your own domain,or go visiting the Person.
    God is for us, shame shame shame to our selfish and wicked Leaders. God is watching and coming to Judge all. There is GOD.

19. pretti

August 15, 2014 at 10:58 am

BOKO HARAM member are reducing so the need more ppl

20. pat

August 15, 2014 at 12:45 pm

na God go help us ooo

21. sisi jules

August 15, 2014 at 1:10 pm

why are the numbers always certain? y not 101boys or 99boys… This even shld be confirm first and i sincerely agree with Benny, there shuld be an essay abt this BH issues inother to punch out some vital issues on hw to abolish his matter…

22. henry

August 15, 2014 at 1:41 pm

hi

23. Dee

August 16, 2014 at 3:55 am

My heart just can’t stop aching.. First, it was the girls & now it’s the boys. I guess apparently the Govt. Didn’t do nothing when the first incident happened so after all, Boko Haram will say what can they do now??? Even in the middle of Ebolo crisis mess, Boko haram is still operating! It just can’t get worse..Where can someone begin to start helping Nigeria??. It’s pitiful & pathetic.. God help me if I see Patience crying me a river with a tacky ass video/English on this issue.