Scoop

Tania Omotayo quizzed on Wizkid vs Chris Brown, Tiwa Savage vs Beyonce & More! Watch

Tania Omotayo for Fashpa.com - Bellanaija - August 2014

If you think you knew some things about Wizkid‘s girlfriend Tania Omotayo, think again.

The PR girl recently featured in online retailer Fashpa.com‘s lookbook titled “Print Party“. Now we have the juicy behind-the-scenes footage.

In the clip, we get to see a different side to the Tania we see all those fab event photos; we get to learn a lot too. Like, did you know that she is a die-hard Rihanna fan? Or that she sings “Shoki” and “Show you the money” in the shower? Or that she prefers Tiwa Savage to Beyonce?

Tania Omotayo for Fashpa.com - Bellanaija - August 2014001

The Fashpa team quiz her on all manners of questions, including a few juicy ones involving her beau, Wizkid.

Watch

1. @edDREAMZ

August 26, 2014 at 3:27 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    She be footballer or musician wey i wan knw her……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

2. jessica

August 26, 2014 at 3:32 pm

I like Tania and think she deserves more …what in the world is she doing with that lil boy Wizzkid???

• ade

August 27, 2014 at 1:37 pm

@jessica, you don’t ve to talk like that. she find love with WIZKID and that is final .

3. I no send

August 26, 2014 at 3:36 pm

This is news because…

4. Adanna

August 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

She’s so cute 🙂

5. sum1special

August 26, 2014 at 4:08 pm

mumu questions.

6. Tt

August 26, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Whiz one b ‘Shoki’ again
    Naija n their ‘coin’ songs
    #Doro don dey comot ni
    First na ‘galala’, ‘skelewu’, ‘kurukere’ ‘azonto’ abbl (ati be be lo)

• nene

August 26, 2014 at 6:03 pm

lmao

7. Brie

August 26, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Nigeria o! They will make anyone famous! I see why the blogs will like her. She’s very pretty, light skinned (the average Nigerian woman’s dream complexion), & has a super star boyfriend. She doesn’t dress like a stylist. Her personal style has no personality. She is a store owner but her favourite place to shop is another store, Fashpa? She is not serious.

• lupita

August 26, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Speak for yourself on the dream complexion part.

Many of us are content being chocolate.

• Brie

August 27, 2014 at 1:10 am

Yimu @ many of us. Try debating against the study that shows nearly 77% of Nigerian women use skin lightening products. The highest in the world. Go figure. Many of us indeed.

• Queen Ambi

August 27, 2014 at 8:14 am

You got that right! I love my dark chocolate skin. In the words of the late Tupac, ” The darker the berry, the sweeter the juice”. lol

• Latina

September 1, 2014 at 9:47 am

Why are you causing an unecessary controversy? Who said chocolate isn’t a dream complexion

8. benny

August 26, 2014 at 5:12 pm

When we first got introduced to this girl via several blogs she was soooooo gorgeous. Is it the “Kate” from Jon and Kate plus 8 hairstyle that is doing this to Tania or she lost her youth overnight? Something just ain’t right anymore.

• nene

August 26, 2014 at 6:02 pm

i agree with you. her new haircut does nothing for her.

• Khaleesi

August 27, 2014 at 1:17 am

abi o
      she’s looks 30. i’ve been saying it for a while now
      and LMAO at her being a PR girl or a stylist **side eye**

9. Moyo

August 26, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Her only claim to fame is that she is or was dating Wizkid

10. ohsodelightful

August 26, 2014 at 5:41 pm

she is not cute. she is just light skin,,,,nothing really spectacular about her look though

• patient

August 28, 2014 at 10:58 am

even swag she no get

11. toviabay

August 26, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Naija for life

12. sunshine

August 26, 2014 at 6:17 pm

I know this topic has been over flogged but I just need to ask again; why do we Nigerians always start with a British or American accent then subsequently get our Nigerian accent back within the same conversation???? This is not hate or beef please (kindly miss me with those accusations) But I have discovered over the years that people who have these foreign accents are perfectly capable of speaking and clearly too, without the forced phonetics as clearly demonstrated in the above video. So is it that they do like a SIM swap in their heads to decide which accent to use at every point in time? I would appreciate any insightful response from Nigerians that face this double accent challenge. Thanks.

• Dizzy

August 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm

It depends on mode of expression.
      For me sha, I’ve lived many years in the uk and us. I switch between all three accents in one conversation and believe me nothing is forced at all ( no strength).

Talking to my friends I may want to express myself by staying ‘abeg oh !’ , then go American and saying ‘go girl’ and still go british and say ‘yes luv’ ( simple examples) .

Like I said, it just depends on how comfortable you are with expressing yourself. It doesn’t have to be a negative thing, it’s just orientation.

• Bobo Yen

August 26, 2014 at 8:56 pm

LMAO @SIM SWAP

• Meme

August 26, 2014 at 9:22 pm

I think it’s a presentation voice. In the beginning, then you get comfortable and switch to ur proper accent.. Idk

• Star

August 26, 2014 at 9:31 pm

It’s exactly as you have figured out yourself. Honestly its like being bilingual . I watch the interview I see what you mean. It’s common in kids born abroad. They develop both accents, one they get from school etc the other from home and we just love to switch it, whenever, it infuriates our oyingbo mates, and some people who just want to hate. There are people who fake it, for whatever complex they have, it’s so easy to spot those guys,when they get emotional like angry their real accent comes flying out, looool. We just do it for fun. Hope I answered your query . Tanias not faking, she’s just able to switch accents. It’s no big deal really.

• Tunde

August 27, 2014 at 9:44 am

@sunshine I personally went to a few different international schools abroad and we moved around a bit so you pick up an accent from school or the streets and then you get home and speak in yoruba. For me people always try to guess. Some say I sound Ghanian, some say Arab, Some say American and it goes on. Alas I speak Yoruba, hausa, English, pidgin and some asian language. There are some things you just gotta switch to pidgin or conc naija accent to really drive home the point lol. But haters will hate, potatoes will potate and aligators will alligate ka ji ko

• hail

August 27, 2014 at 2:25 pm

More to the point why does it bother you how people pronounce words. would it bother you if they spoke in a different Nigerian accent or do you just have a pet peeve for what you mistake as an elitist attitude, in which case it is you who has the problem. I think the girl interviewed very well., she was clear and articulate, I admire the fact that she could express herself very well..

• AT

August 27, 2014 at 9:53 pm

Its called code-switching. Some people probably dont even realise they do it half of the time.

13. Ngozi nwaugo

August 26, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Hahahahahah @sunshine you haf killed me thot I was the only that noticed the sudden switch in her accent odiegwu lmaoooooo .she is a cutie tho!

14. Mama Mia!!!

August 26, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Soooooo cute!!! Mehn! Being a star can get you any girl…

• Ghato

August 27, 2014 at 5:28 am

That’s how affordable you are. He just has to be a star. Na so

15. MIKE

August 26, 2014 at 11:08 pm

But wait, do Chinese American or Indian British switch accent or its common among Nigerians alone? BECAUSE IF I FIT STILL REMEMBER DAN FOSTER NEVER STILL GET NIGERIAN ACCENT OR MY LEBANESE FRIENDS STILL GET THEIR ARAB ACCENT.

16. frostycake

August 26, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Tania is very much beautiful,her haircut has not marred her beauty, and she hardly wears soo much makeup….keep being you girl..

17. Tamar

August 27, 2014 at 12:06 am

Lovely girl. Love her intonation just a reflection of her background. It’s not by force you either have it or you don’t. I speak Yoruba and Hausa.,pidgin and English.. I enjoy speaking my acquired languages and show off with them. I have no beef with anyone who can speak with different accents, if you have then it is just a reflection of your own insecurity and pettiness. you are just jealous .If she spoke with a heavy ijebu accent , with bad tenses it would be like soothing balm to your egos ,well as it is she speaks very well and it just infuriates the hell out of you guys. Here’s some advise ,Grow up and learn mandarin, or something you consider exotic enough to heal your insecurities. Thank me later.

• Wale

August 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Shut up Tania. Stop posting fake comments Stop defending your bush accent. You try to fake Yankee but you can’t hide that you are illiterate & did not go to school. That’s why you are clinging to wizkid after he dumped you and openly cheats on you every minute.

18. ron

August 27, 2014 at 12:34 am

Tania!!!!! Why do i love you so much??? Everything about you is just “RIGHT”

19. ZeZe

August 27, 2014 at 3:11 am

Tania is SOOOO adorable…”so i can slap the shit out of people” “jrice when im around people, amala when im alone” “sit at home”
    She definitely likes the finer things in life but she keeps it real.

20. Bee

August 27, 2014 at 3:28 am

FASHPA!!!

21. Cura

August 27, 2014 at 11:33 am

Guys Chill!
    Tania is adorable and i think the accent thing is not really a big deal.
    At least she can speak both accents comfortably unlike the ones who actually force it!
    I checked fashpa.com just now and i actually liked the site but they just dont have enough Plus sizes…..

22. bill

August 27, 2014 at 12:17 pm

I actually heard 3 accents not just 2. British, yankee, naija

23. Lay

August 27, 2014 at 12:21 pm

So much hate human beings have. Imagine if it was you in that video and you read through all these comments, tell me if you wont go hang yourself? Freedom of expression yes, but leave out the negativity and obvious spite! I agree with Tamar and the accent thing, if you have a problem with it, its petty and insecure. I for one thought the video was funny. Rock on Fashpa.com!

24. BlueEyed

August 28, 2014 at 5:45 am

Yeah the accent switch is a thing with kids born, growing up you hear a different accent in school and with your friends and when you get back home, ur Igbo or Yoruba mom speaks in her nigerian accent, so u kinda get familiar with the accents and you can switch, even with language, my friend who lives in a non English speaking country has her kid speaking the language fluently than she does and still speaks English and understands Yoruba also, her child learns in that country’s language and has friends who are natives in that country.

25. Metrogypsie

August 28, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Tania you are proper cute, I loved and enjoyed this a lot. xx

26. Liz

August 28, 2014 at 9:07 pm

D beautiful part is dat dy(wizkid and tania) both love eachother& d guy is obviously proving it 2her especially carryng her along in everytin he does. It’s nt all men dat cn do that esp 4 a young celeb.

27. tunde

August 29, 2014 at 7:57 pm

See Wiz dey fly round the world with one light skin babe that frequents naija while Tania sit in Lagos and does not travel trying to lay claim to five mins of fame. Lol Very stoopid girl Tania.. Dat oyinbo enjoy concert, shopping, make ups, video shoots in America.

28. carolina

September 1, 2014 at 7:45 am

She looks old for wiz tania u need a man nt wizkid

29. T.Girl

September 1, 2014 at 3:22 pm

@Wale she studied abroad so its not like she based in Nigeria all her life den suddenly developed some fake accent as some celebrities do so maybe ur hating or u just dunno her well .

30. f

September 2, 2014 at 8:53 am

I like her….

31. linda

September 4, 2014 at 4:06 am

I don’t get this with all the cheating she still with wizkid maybe she love the way he fu**s her

32. nathaly

September 6, 2014 at 6:14 am

Tania no fine….just yellow paw paw

33. stephanie

September 6, 2014 at 7:18 am

This gal na stupid u have ya own shop nd u prefer to shop to an other boutik u’re not serious at all