Relationships

Tisha Campbell-Martin Reveals She Was Raped at the Age of 3 – Video

BellaNaija.com

BET's "Real Husbands Of Hollywood" Wrap Dinner - Xen Lounge
Do you remember Tisha Campbell-Martin who played Gina Waters-Payne in the hit 90s show – Martin as well as Janet “Jay” Johnson-Kyle in My Wife and Kids? Well she is revealing a secret she never told anyone.

While advising a woman who was a victim of sexual assault, Tisha says she has also gone through the same feelings and struggles.

Tisha said at the tender age of 3, she was raped by an older man.

“You can no longer be a victim. You have to be victorious at this point. You can’t play the victim because at this point, and I’m not saying this to put you down or anything.

What I’m saying is that he is winning, and you are allowing him to win. You are making a conscious decision to harm yourself, to hurt yourself and allow this person to still have dominion over your life.

You can’t do that anymore. The reason why I can absolutely say this to you without judgment or anything else is, and this is the first time I have ever admitted this on camera in front of millions of people is that I too have been a victim of the same thing. When I was three I was raped, by an older person. Now, I knew as child I did nothing wrong and that this wasn’t my fault, but I have found forgiveness in the guilt that I might’ve had.

I felt like, did I pull this in? Did I do something? At three years old? No. It’s a heinous crime.”

Watch

Photo Credit: Getty Images

1. nene

August 7, 2014 at 5:41 pm

how does she even remember that? i can’t remember anything before i got into primary school, and i was 4 or 5 in primary school. men are completely weird when it comes to sex. you almost never hear of women having sex with young boys. men!men! God forbid.

• Ona

August 7, 2014 at 6:40 pm

When something that profound happens to u, you will remember! I barely remember much from my childhood either but there are a few i do remember for their peculiarity.

• outstandingworldcitizen

August 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm

If something that profound happens to you, you would remember it AND it would also be recorded. Hospital records and police reports. I’m sorry I just don’t believe here. the amount of physical damage inflicted on a 3 years little body would be noted somewhere. If the attack was not reported then damn her parents for not protecting her.

• Anon

August 8, 2014 at 10:03 am

You spoke for yourself. You can’t speak for her or others with a rapid brain.

Touche, Ona.

2. swits

August 7, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Love that show….Mar-in!!!….Shinanay!!

3. yassbeetch

August 7, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Luv u Tisha

4. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

August 7, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I move the motion that paedophiles and rapists should get the death sentence. It should be a worldwide law. They are beasts that have no business living amongst humans.
    A Confused Young Woman Needs Your Advice- click my name to read more.

5. Bee

August 7, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I was also raped/molested at age 3-4 repeatedly. I remember it like it was last week and I’m 24 now. I remember he was in secondary school and he wore a white shirt and long green trousers (probably ISL and probably a senior because his trousers were long). I also remember that after he was done, I would always ask him what ”that white thing’ was that came out from his body. He never gave me an answer.

It’s been a while now and I have moved on. Lessons have been learnt but the memory will stay with me forever. It takes strength to come out and I salute Tisha’s courage.

• Loulou

August 8, 2014 at 8:49 am

Wow! Am glad you have moved on, and may the idiot meet his karma in Jesus name. You are also a survivor and i salute your courage, God will grant you happiness always!

• Ivy

August 8, 2014 at 8:59 am

Oh my! God will give u that strength u need, dear. Hugs

6. Loulou

August 8, 2014 at 8:49 am

The evil that men/women do!!!!!!!!!!

7. didi

August 8, 2014 at 9:28 am

@ bee…. wow. wot cn I say? it is well wit u. I ws equally fingered @ a very tender age my my dad’s cousin. I am 31 nw and I still c him. it’s only god that will help our children. cos these days u hear of fathers raping their biological daughters and even mothers arousing their sons sexually. wot is disworld turning into?

8. sum1special

August 8, 2014 at 11:32 am

Woow..people who were molested at a young age, i see them as brave. It is so sad that people go throught this things. Thank God they even come out better.

9. outstandingworldcitizen

August 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Even though some people remember from 3 or 4 (which I do) not all do. Also, there is nothing wrong with questioning Tisha’s memory.

If she were in fact raped or penetrated at 3, there would be internal damage. This is a fact. I think we should all use common sense before readily believing someone. I’ve was almost assaulted at the age of 7 or 8. It was a scary incident that sticks with me to this day. Even if I did not have that experience I know I would still have empathy for sexual assault. You need not experience something to have sympathy.

But I must admit her confession gives me pause due to the physical damage she would have suffered.

10. D

August 13, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Did she say there was no physical damage? If you’ve never heard about it does that make it impossible? As she said, this is the first time she’s ever admitted it on camera to millions of people – she did NOT say this is the first time she’s ever admitted it at all – maybe there are some life long effects that she has to live with and she chooses to keep private.
    It’s because of doubters like you lot that a lot of victims decide to keep their mouths shut, afraid people will never believe them and they will be labelled liars, thereby empowering their abusers who continue their reign of terror on more innocent young children.
    Please be careful what opinions you share on the internet regarding sensitive issues like this, you have no idea the negative impact you could have.