Relationships

What Would You Do If You Found One of Your Parents Was Cheating ? | Watch on Battabox

BellaNaija.com

So, what would you do if you found out one of your parents was cheating? No, seriously… we’re really asking. It might seem simple enough to answer; but when you think of the fact that these are your parents, the answer may not be so straight and simple.

The guys at Battabox asked some Lagosians and their responses were quite interesting. Even more interesting was the fact that some people’s responses differed – depending on who the cheating parent is.

Watch here and share your thoughts below.

1. Umar Dee

August 8, 2014 at 10:09 am

If it my dad you know it kinda normal but if it my mum nah nah nah it very very awkward, desperate measures would take please

2. Gistyinka Blog

August 8, 2014 at 10:19 am

Hmmmm everybody with his or her own opinion about situation of life.

3. Loulou

August 8, 2014 at 10:47 am

This our yeye mentality of its normal if a guy does it,and if a woman does it,its taboo!!!! Its wrong to cheat,man or woman. I won’t tell though, but will tell the involved party that its wrong #thatsall

4. h

August 8, 2014 at 11:00 am

i will just keep sipping my hot tea

• Mz Socially Awkward...

August 8, 2014 at 12:52 pm

My dear, pour a cup for me. All that’s popping straight into my head with this question was the many occasions of half-brothers/sisters, suddenly discovering each other whilst they attended the same Secondary School or Uni.

Or the times someone randomly runs into someone else who had the same name as them and after a few friendly enquiries, the “kasala” bursts forth. Or even those memorable times in Uni where a female undergrad’s dad will be coming past the female hostels (where she stayed, no less!) to pick up his babe and both the babe and the man’s daughter were fully aware of each other’s existence.

Pour me a cuppa, biko, while I also reflect on those so-called “Uncles” who were friends of my parents and would still try to pull the whole “Ada, where are you heading? Let me give you a ride and take you out to lunch” or even the “Ada, you’re really getting mature, oh!” ruse on me when I still lived with my parents. Na jamb question wey Battabox don set so, oh.

• jennietobbie

August 11, 2014 at 1:02 am

lmaoooo @ those ” uncles” that offered unsolicited rides. SMH Kaiii…the underground dark tunnels we wriggled out of as kids waiting for that glimpse of light.

There is God ooooo….

5. kenny

August 8, 2014 at 11:12 am

if it were my dad……i will blackmail him nd keep scamming him but if it were my mum….i will have to tell on her because i am totally against adulterous women

• Edy

August 9, 2014 at 4:58 pm

But you’re not against adulterous men? Na wa *praying for you*

6. oj

August 8, 2014 at 11:34 am

so if it’s a man, it’s ok, but if it is a woman, na taboo? anyway God is the ultimate Judge. both whether male or female, same consequence goes.

7. sumptuos_sista

August 8, 2014 at 11:41 am

you are foolish

8. Ambassador

August 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm

Mute…wot I’ll do is between me, myself and I.

9. BA

August 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm

chai sexist sexist sexist Nigerians. really sad to watch people say they will make scapegoats of their mums in case of adultery.

10. Bibi

August 9, 2014 at 2:42 am

“Guys thing” mumu

11. nkechi okoro

August 9, 2014 at 11:42 am

in god”s side all sins are equal it doesn”t matter if u are a man or a woman .jst don”t commit it called adutery

12. Zeal

August 19, 2014 at 12:55 pm

My father has been cheating on my mother since I started having common sense, he has been maltreating her since I was a child (so I grew up seeing all that) and even this month, during the Muslim break I went home to spend a peaceful time with my parents and on Monday (while I was out to make my hair, i came back home to meet horror), the demons that usually attack him possessed him that day and he beat the living day light out of her, hit her head on the window (of course the glass broke), blowed her on her teeth and I still have her blood picture on my phone. Every time I look at it, my hate for that useless man I call a father increases by the day. He is lucky o that he has not been imprisoned but the next time he touches her, only heaven knows what I will do to him. I think its about time he is taught a lesson, I look at my mum everyday and I wonder how she has been able to cope with this beast she calls a husband (tufiakwa) . His days are numbered and the day of reckoning is getting close when he will reap what he has sowed

• chichi