Scoop

Star the Winner Is gets Ready for its Grand Finale as Job Emmanuel emerges as 1st Finalist!

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014003

After 11 weeks of endless and intensifying battles on Nigeria’s first music game show Star The Winner Is, the first set of contestants who emerged as semi-finalists from previous episodes, had to slug it out for the first spot in the finals over the weekend.

With contestants displaying awesome stage presence, unbelievable vocal dexterity and irresistible charm, the last episode of Star The Winner Is had Naomi Mac, Job Emmanuel, Phillip Otuya, Jackson Okoro, Happiness Ayomide and Ilem Jahtell in a fierce battle for a spot in the finale.

After the confidence level of all six contestants were put to test with the cash prizes increased to N500, 000 and above, Joe Emmanuel emerged as the champion of the night after knocking out Naomi Mac, who walked away with the whopping sum of N1 million at the last round.

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014014

Naomi Mac

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014016

Joe Emmanuel

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014018

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014012

Naomi Mac with her 1 Million Naira, Uti Nwachukwu & Joe Emmanuel

Joe emerged the shinning star of the night with his emotional and soulful performances of “Have you ever been in love” by Celine Dion, “Olorun Mi” by Tiwa Savage and “Hallo” by Beyonce. This puts Job Emmanuel just one song away from N10 million and a brand new car.

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014004

With just one episode left for the show to come to a glorious end, the last six semi-finalists will joggle it out for the 2nd spot to compete with Job Emmanuel. The two finalists will have the final battle round which will birth the first winner of Star The Winner Is.

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014008

Jackson Okoro

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014005

Happiness Itua

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014006

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014009

Ilem Jahtell

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014015 Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014011 Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014002 Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014010 Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014001

Star the Winner Is Episode 11 - Bellanaija - September2014013

Philip Otuya

Watch how Job became the first finalist on the show

Watch episode highlights below.

To keep with the show, visit www.starthewinneris.com and follow conversations on social media with #StarTheWinnerIs.

_____________________________________________________
BellaNaija is a Media Partner with Star the Winner Is Game Show

1. S!

September 30, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Please who are the 101 judges?
    What musical qualifications do they have?
    Are they just random people?
    Because I don’t understand how this guy sang better than Naomi. Is it because the guy was more emotional? Since when does emotion equate to a good voice?
    I used to love this show until this nonsense happened.

• TeeCee

October 1, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Likes seriously my dear……I’ve been asking this same Q……what calibre of fools do they select as the 101 judges…..

2. ify

September 30, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Pls how can someone enter for this competition?

3. @edDREAMZ

September 30, 2014 at 10:34 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    I love this programme but the tym to watch it is the problem…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. dika

September 30, 2014 at 11:09 pm

I dnt knw who these 101 judges are bt I must say they ar incompetent and tone deaf: imagine choosing someone who had breath control issues, constantly went off key and hit somany flat notes while singing over a girl who can best b described as a total package! Rubbbbbbbbbbbish

• name

October 1, 2014 at 12:07 am

lol but the girl pushed the button with her hand, meaning i dont think i did better than him. Love the concept of this show its different, fresh and rewarding

• TeeCee

October 1, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Rubbish indeed….I’m so vexed I swear

5. cj

September 30, 2014 at 11:42 pm

@ s!&dika.U guys are not far 4rm d truth dat naomi rocked&deserved 2 win.But didn’t u ponder y naomi had 2 go 4 d money after her performance?I guess she knew she actually didn’t do well wit d jblige song.Den 4 joe,dat dude gat d voice&he actually have faith in God 2 see him through dats y in all his performance he strongly recognizes God saying ‘he that brought me thus far’.having said dat,I won’t b surprised if he finally wins.2 me MTN project fame dey learn 4 wia star own dey oo.I luv dz 1 abg.

• Siatta A. Gray

October 5, 2014 at 12:52 am

Sure CJ….I admire the faith of Job so much..he deserves it!

6. vigotall

October 1, 2014 at 7:21 am

Naomi is definitely a better singer, no doubt, but she chose the wrong song. With the little I’ve seen on this competition, the 101 jury get carried away wit emotional songs. So wen naomi started singing dat “my luv is ur luv”, I was scared for her, especially wen that guy gav his own rendition “hallo”. Though I didn’t really see wat was special wit his singing, if u’d ask me, cos he kept trying to catch his breath so many times. I guess naomi compared the reaction of the audience to her performance with that of job’s and decided to take the money. In her mind..”E better to take dis one million than go home empty. At all at all….”. Take it or leave it, NAOMI IS A BETTER SINGER.

7. Iphiejm

October 1, 2014 at 9:36 am

Totally agree with you vigotall, Naomi Mac is the better singer.

8. biglow sammy

October 1, 2014 at 2:07 pm

naomi ws d beta singer but i think all things work 2geda 4gud… i can stake my last penny dt job wont finally emerge d winner rather dt albino dude hs got all it takes… albino 4d moni

9. Ada

October 1, 2014 at 3:28 pm

What about Jackson??? Overconfidence put him to a Zero Naira win. Lol

10. TeeCee

October 1, 2014 at 7:21 pm

With all honesty, those 101 juries must be a bunch of crap….so ignorant of what a talented singer is…but Naomi Mac I’m so vexed @U cos u should know better that there’s no way job would have knocked u out…..u were too fast to tap that button…trust me u won that jury….cos d 101 juries will always give d lowest count to whoever eventually tapped d button just so they dofeel bad for making a wrong choice…

11. bee

October 2, 2014 at 11:13 am

Naomi is an awesome singer but her last performance didn’t show that and that was why she pressed the button. it wasn’t forced. the point of the show is not who sings better but who rendered a better audience catching performance. the guy is good and has won lets be happy for him. Stop the hate.

12. Siatta

October 5, 2014 at 12:02 am

Job, my heart goes out to you !!! I am a Liberian and I have cheered you from the start of this competition. You give your all, you put your all,ugh ugh, i dont know which verb to use. Besides, I admired your faith throughout, you trusted in God and always said in the semi-finals that “THE GOD THAT BROUGHT ME THIS FAR WILL TAKE ME THROUGH”. Why did you loose that faith Job?????? God actually took you through, and I was indeed convinced in that semi-finals with Naomi; you sailed on wings like eagle that night Job, and all I did was to worship God for you. Right now, its so disheartening to see Micheal walk away with your birthright tonight; your recording deal, your money, your car…etc…But in it all, there is a lesson to learn:

No matter how tough it may seem, just trust HIM, because HE brought you there and will take you to the end !!!

If you had remain with that unshakable faith, Michael and everyone, including me would have learned to put God first in everything and not to depend on his own strength. But quite unfortunately, the lesson is now your’s to be taught only because your faith unwavered. But you remain my star Job. Though I dont know you personally, and we are in seperate countries, you are my star!!!!

Don’t give up, keep the faith, and stick up with the lesson tonight!

I really need Job to see this post guys, can someone forward this to him, anyone….I need him to see this please….I have no means of making him see it…hope this gets to him.

Thanks.

13. princessa

October 5, 2014 at 12:42 am

Am so pissed @job now becos his decision wasn’t ryt. He wasn’t patience. The contest of the show is “believe in urself” but if na bros uti this kind game dey for big broda house, and he is asked to take 10million when he never knw if he is the winner. What would he had done inside big brother house that day. As for me the show is just a gamble. It is not encouraging. It doesn’t help talented singer build their career. Someone like job need project fame not everyone is good at playing gamble. The guy needed who will build him up. At least No good organisation. Why will they say just 2 million for the second person. No collaboration, no car. Is not fair for a second person. I still prefer project fame oh

14. princess

October 5, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Job should be ccompensated with a car please,so sad he lost mistakenly.

15. twy

October 7, 2014 at 2:35 pm

The organiser made mistake at the concluding part. they shouldn’t have included the gambling part in the final, i expected the winner to be announced without any gambling. my heart ache for job. he really deserve 10m & the car. i couldn’t sleep after dat program, so painful.

16. Ivy

October 10, 2014 at 11:35 am

i feel that Job should be also given singing contract at least to compensate him for being the real winner voted. it is a gambling competition, YES!! but at least the grand finale should have been the true winner taking his prize and the runner up consolated rather than sticking to the gambling process. Organizers please, next time consider this.