News

Aisha Falode’s Open Letter to Pres. Jonathan on Son’s Death

BellaNaija.com

IMG_9384abg _1

Aisha and Toba Falode

It has been eight months since noted AIT Sports broadcaster and Confederation of African Football (CAF) executive, Aisha Falode, lost her son in Dubai.

As you will recall, her son Toba Falode a.k.a Tyler Fray died under questionable circumstances in Dubai.

Ever since the unfortunate incident, Falode has been seeking justice for her son’s death. In write-up, titled “Open letter to Nigerians 8 months after my son Toba was Murdered in Dubai,” she addresses the Nigerian government, imploring authorities to take swifter action not just for the sake of her son but also to curb the trend of young Nigerians losing their lives in Dubai:

It is with a heavy heart that I read about the death of the son of Chief Alameiyeseigha on the streets of Dubai; an incident that immediately jolted me back in time thanks to the bizarre similarities to that of my son as regards “cause of death”.

My son was said by the Dubai authorities to have jumped down from a balcony, dismissing it as “suicide”, same with Chief Alameiyeseigha’s son.

I am saddened that this has happened despite my nationwide campaign to stop this happening AGAIN by putting all relevant government agencies on notice, in vain.

For record emphasis, my son was thrown from the balcony of a 17th floor apartment in Manchester Tower in Dubai. A Saudi boy resident in Dubai confessed to the murder; he had my son’s blood on his t-shirt, he had my son’s blood on his knuckles and boasted about serving time for 25 years in prison if it comes to the worst.

His murderer has a name.

There were witnesses to this murder, they have written statements verbally and orally corroborating what the murderer said. I have put all this together to make this easy for the Nigerian government to help me get justice for my son in Dubai.

I warned the Nigerian government that Nigerian youths were being killed in Dubai on a daily basis as confirmed  by our embassy in Dubai. I also warned parents about the danger of Dubai.

I also stated repeatedly, that if justice was not gotten for my son that another murder will happen. Indeed there have been many more after my son although not mentioned because they do not have a voice. But now, there is one so close to government that has been struck.

I did not have to be a soothsayer to know this. Many more will happen until we get Justice for Toba Falode, and all those who have been murdered in cold blood in Dubai.

We cannot stand by and watch our youths lives being down played over and above “collaboration and partnership” with a country that hates us with so much passion, that they are cutting down the lives of our young ones in cold blood crudely and viciously and yet we seek “partnership and collaboration” in investment with this same country.

Our ambassador in the UAE, Ambassador Ibrahim Auwalu, must be called back to Nigeria to answer to every young soul that has been lost to Dubai unaccounted for due to his lack of responsibility in office.

The Foreign Ministry also, must be asked questions on what they have done about Toba Falode’s case 8 months after. It took Israel less than 48 hours to act on the loss of their 3 youths.

8 months after Toba Falode’s murder, we are still waiting on the Nigerian government to give us any kind of reaction on the loss of a young life-Toba Falode in Dubai.

Even after submitting every evidence, our protest, police reports corroborating the fact that my son was murdered, we still have gotten no response at all from the Nigerian government.

Take a queue from Israel.

And the Nigerian Government for once should start acting like a big country with so much might and power that it is in the continent and indeed in the world and go after Dubai for justice for every young soul and every Nigerian life that has been cut short in Dubai.

We send our sympathy and condolences to DSP Alamieyeseigha.

We empathise with the family and friends of their son, because we have been through and are still going through it and it is nothing we wish for any parent which was our concern from the start.

This, is one death too many. May it not happen again.

Aisha Falode

1. Gistyinka Blog

October 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Don’t know what to say, this woman is very strong for writting the open letter.

2. Yaya Boni

October 21, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Madame Take heart!!! Take heart oo! My heart bleeds for you.. Really , my heart bleeds for you. Yes indeed the murderer has a name, a father, a mother.. and he is still out there breathing, enjoying life!! But his conscious will never be clean.. Whether it was one murderer, two or three.. God the merciful is not sleeping and sooner or later, they will pay for it.

3. benny

October 21, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I am so proud of you ma. Soooooooooo proud. I have a new hero. May God help you through this. Jonathan over to you. This is not one to play games with.

4. Laima

October 21, 2014 at 3:03 pm

It’s sad that Nigeria does not care for it’s citizens. We hear reports of students being mistreated in Asia, Ukraine and others, Nigerians are also treated unjustly & unfairly in Nigeria..God would comfort her family & all those in mourning.

5. Sneed

October 21, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Aisha The good God will comfort you and give you the grace to go through this pain..may his soul rest in peace .. good luck Jonathan can’t even read his own writing in *Donald trumps voice *

6. Dee

October 21, 2014 at 3:31 pm

I’m so proud of her for not giving up, the government should please come to her aid

7. @edDREAMZ

October 21, 2014 at 3:39 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    May their souls continue to R.I.P…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

8. quiet confidence

October 21, 2014 at 5:52 pm

My heart goes out to you and your family. No parent should have to experience the loss of a child especially losing a child through violence.

I hope the Nigerian government will act on this and bring the perpetrators to justice so as to enable the family fully grieve and have closure. I believe that every child, every citizen deserves the utmost effort of our government.

I pray that God will continue to comfort and strengthen the families of the deceased.

9. tunmi

October 21, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I applaud her for not relenting in this. The rich never feel it till it hits them. Hopefully now that it has affected them, they can start doing something about it.

10. Eileen

October 21, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Take heart ma..terible tins keep happening all d time both in nd out of the country to Nigerians nd no I does anytin.ova a year ago I lost my cousin in Madonna university till date dat story has bein covered.sometin terible happened in dat skool d night does boys were set on fire.dey covered.may God help us all. May God grant u d fortitude to bear ur loss.

11. funmi

October 21, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I’m so proud of you ma. God will continue to be your strength

12. always happy

October 22, 2014 at 1:21 am

Unbelievable how a young life can be snuffed so recklessly. So if there is a pattern to this issue o ma ga oh… and we same Nigerians go jump inside plan fly to Dubai for destination wedding, destination photography… orisirisi, fully funding their economy and supporting their industries.
    Please how many youths have been murdered to date? Na true talk oh 1 life is even too much.
    Parents wey get pickin for Dubai, I hope you have bought them return ticket back home or to a safe country.

13. PD Young Billionaire

October 22, 2014 at 2:46 am

Sorry ma’am.GEJ pls intervene.Do not let Toba die in vain.

14. papermoon

October 22, 2014 at 12:35 pm

the first point of precaution here is for parents who can afford to send their children out, to send them elsewhere. If the people have made it clear they dont like, stay away from them. there is a limit to what the Nigeria government can do in this case. worse case scenario, we kidnap the suspects and bring them down in a container hoping we dont get caught, cut diplomatic ties with them, shut down their businesses or confiscate any assets in our possession here or maybe lodge a report with the UN who will also insist on investigating before making any pronouncements. We cant bomb them, we cant bulldoze their buildings. we must stop gong there.

15. Baba

October 22, 2014 at 1:46 pm

Please this message should not be for Nigeria Embassy in Dubai alone, it should be served to all of Nigeria Embassies in all nations of the world! Presidency, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, no dulling on this matter please..!

16. Lilly

October 23, 2014 at 12:38 am

Nigerian government pls do something

17. Alfred

October 23, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Its sad, so so sad that this killings, or should i say easy murder continue to go on without a blink of an eye lid from our government. A government of a state or a nations priority is to protect there citizen. so sad that our country’s future molded in our youths are being wasted abroad and our government folds there hands doing nothin