News

“God mandated me to be governor of Delta State in 2015” – Only Female Aspirant, Ngozi Olejeme

Ngozi Elejeme

Ngozi Olejeme

A People’s Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant for Delta State, Ngozi Olejeme, has said that her interest in running for the state’s 2015 governorship race is “backed by God’’.

Olejeme, who said this while speaking with newsmen on Saturday in Abuja, said her mandate was to ensure better living standards for the people of the state.

She spoke after submitting her nomination and expression of interest forms to contest the Delta governorship election in 2015.

Olejeme, who is the immediate past Director-General of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF), resigned her position recently to contest the election.

“This mission is God’s mission; I didn’t opt to become governor; God mandated me that He wants me to go and do that great job He used me to do in NSITF.

“If God gave me a moribund organisation (NSITF) and within a space of two years, God turned around the organisation to the envy of all, then God will do wonders in Delta through me,’’ she said.

She said that her strength had always been God and would enable her to positively transform the state.

Olejeme, the only female among the 20 aspirants in the governorship race, stressed that she did not join the race for material gains, but: ” to do the will of God’’.

“I would, however, agree that the governorship position had been zoned to Delta North and in that zone, I am the aspirant to beat,’’ she said.

She stated that she was not intimidated by the array of male aspirants in the race, adding that she had what it would take to emerge as Delta’s next governor in 2015

“The men are intimidated by me; in fact they are so jittery and afraid, but I always tell them that they are my brothers and at the end of the day, they will support me.

“But as it stands today in Delta, I am the number one aspirant; the one people will compete to beat.”

Another PDP Delta governorship aspirant, Chukuwma Oyibode, who also claimed to have been inspired by divine intervention, promised to renew the state’s infrastructure if elected.

“It is a divine mandate from heaven; I am a candidate from heaven.

“I did not come into the race because somebody called me or because I want to be popular. I came under the ordinaries of heaven; I believe that I have enough inside me to give to Delta,’’ he said.

He promised to address the issue of bureaucratic bottle necks in the state’s civil service.

“There will be no delay of files in any office and there will be no abandoned project in my administration,’’ he said.

Oyibode promised to renew the state’s infrastructure and create an environment conducive for foreign investors to thrive.

The aspirant added that if elected, his administration would also create cottage industries across the 25 local government areas in the state.

This, he said, was to create income for rural settlers and reduce congestion in the urban centres.

Oyibode also promised to provide free technical education for the people, adding that when the people were  technically equipped, industrialisation would be encouraged.

“From the technical knowledge they acquire, we will encourage them my giving them loans to establish small and medium scale industries,’’ he said.

According to him, this will reduce poverty and unemployment in the state.

1. Author Unknown

November 8, 2014 at 7:30 pm

And who are we to question God? You are already the governor Ngozi. *yinmu*

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

November 9, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Lol love this! Everyone else who is competing and is a Christian isn’t backed by God, right Miss Ngozi?

2. bruno

November 8, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Everything in nigeria is God. When they are even stealing money they will say it is god that told them to steal the money. Nigeria has zero future.

By the way, God told me to type this comment

• hummm

November 8, 2014 at 9:16 pm

ROFL

• Meena

November 9, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Kai! you are too funny!

3. Quex

November 8, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Go and take several sit Bruno doggy,u sound very very stupid

• bruno

November 9, 2014 at 2:11 am

Brighter grammar, volume 1 and volume 2 QUICK. Hahahahahah

4. bunny

November 8, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Na wa o

5. Leah

November 8, 2014 at 8:27 pm

First sigh you shouldn’t vote for someone? When they say “God mandated” them and name drop God as much as this woman does. Lets hope “God” tells her about diabetes, hypertension….

6. xi

November 8, 2014 at 8:31 pm

why cant some people just leave the creator out of there lies…if you want to go and steal money have the decency of not calling God in the whole charade..fu**ing hypocrites

7. Nma

November 8, 2014 at 8:51 pm

LMAOOOOO. Ndi “god said”. Naija i weep for una i swear!

8. Nma

November 8, 2014 at 8:52 pm

BTW god told dangote to dash me 1 million dollars only!

9. beht why???

November 8, 2014 at 8:57 pm

nah so… everything has to always fall back on God in Nigeria especially in the case of politics and corruption. at least if one of you guys (running into politics) can just be truthful and just say okay im going into politics for the money but i will make a difference i might even consider to vote but all these lies bringing Gods name is a BIG SHAME. mshewwwwww…………..

10. [email protected]

November 8, 2014 at 9:14 pm

She just lost the election for dragging God into this scam called election. Who makes such a moronic statement?

11. PACE

November 8, 2014 at 9:27 pm

It’s funny how we make reference to God or the devil in Nigeria all the time. Westerners don’t believe in God as much as we do. Despite this, you find those in public offices being more transparent and better public servants. One would expect it to be the other way round. You’ll also expect that in Nigeria where we uphold our religious faiths so much, there’ll be so much peace and harmony. This is an attempt once again by another political aspirant to get people voting for her by luring people in with sentiments based on religion. Will she achieve her aim? The obvious answer is yes, with Nigerians being very irrational when it comes to anything attached to religion. I remember when I was younger, my dad will disqualify any workman that tried to suck him in based on religion. They were always quick to emphasize “I’m a devout christian”, “I’m a devout muslim” knowing fully well that Nigerians mostly give in to this sentiment. I used to wonder what he had against people who were ‘steadfast’ in their faith, now I know better. Being a devout christian or muslim does NOT have anything to do with you being diligent in your work and we should NOT keep giving into these sentiments especially when it’s a public office involved. People that use this sentiment to their advantage have no conscience whatsoever and people should NOT buy into it.

12. olu

November 8, 2014 at 10:49 pm

When you lose, who will be the liar?

13. Gerald

November 8, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Focus on your aspiration but stop havoc saying men get intimidated.

14. oreos

November 8, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Me sef don vex! Since everybody dey run, me sef tender my running papers! My fellow bellanigerians…..Una go vote for me, because me sef get call from Above, I dey sleep no so my phone ring and the call wey come na from my oga at the top and im say i must to run! Who am i to say no to the request of my oga at the top. So VOTE OREOS FOR ALL WAN CHOP AND ALL MUST CHOP POLITICAL PARTY.

15. fresh boy 95

November 9, 2014 at 12:14 am

I don’t know , if it is capital letter g or small one…because even oromila can give mandate abi, I don’t know…bye

16. omoibo

November 9, 2014 at 1:08 am

And God has asked me not to vote for you. Shikena!

17. Just me

November 9, 2014 at 6:54 am

God don really suffer for Nigeria. Everyone and their grandmother use the name of God for everything. **SMH**

• Mac

November 9, 2014 at 2:30 pm

Let a woman come in let see some Channing’s … A mother knows what her children want….l

18. Owelle

November 9, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Lmao. Please what god of confusion is busy calling several people to fill the same seat???

19. mujer

November 9, 2014 at 3:32 pm

She is bloated and needs to be on water pills to reduce the physical Stress on her Kidneys. Emotional Stress from running for elections will only exaggerate her condition. The Social insurance Kini that you fixed, Can you itemize and publish your specific deeds?

20. Meena

November 9, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Please does anyone know what she did in the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) sef? this one that she resigned just after 2 yrs, something is very fishy there, anyone who has info should share abeg, let us see if she is effective and forget all this ‘God mandated me’ nonsense she quoted it so it should be up for investigation abi?

21. vicmajek

November 10, 2014 at 7:28 am

lmsao…

22. Nnaji sunday

December 16, 2014 at 9:08 am

God bless you ma, God will open doors of blessing for you, you helped me when i was in need. You paid my house rent indirectly. I have been looking for an opportunity to thank you, you are a God send.