Relationships

Ibukun & OC Ukeje’s Trad & White Wedding! | 1st Photos

BellaNaija Weddings

OC Ukeje Ibukun White Wedding 2 We are so excited to be bringing you the first photos from Nollywood actor OC Ukeje‘s traditional wedding to Ibukun Togonu Bickerseth!

The two of them had their traditional wedding this morning at The Youth Church Hall, Hoare’s Memorial Methodist Cathedral, Yaba, Lagos.

The white wedding is ongoing as they are now officially man and wife.

OC’s close friend actress Kemi Lala Akindoju was a “groomsman”.

Check out the first photos!

***

White Wedding

OC Ukeje Ibukun Wedding - Kemi Lala Akindoju - Female Best Man OC Ukeje Wedding Groomsmen - Best Man Kemi Lala Akindoju

OC Ukeje Ibukun White WeddingOC Ukeje 5 OC Ukeje 1 OC Ukeje 11 OC Ukeje 12

Guests

Lillian Esoro, Ovire Peggy & Linda Ejiofor

Lillian Esoro, Ovire Peggy & Linda Ejiofor

Yvonne 'Vixen' Ekwere

Yvonne ‘Vixen’ Ekwere

Lami Phillips

Lami Phillips

Yvonne 'Vixen' Ekwere

Yvonne ‘Vixen’ Ekwere

Traditional Wedding

OC Ukeje & Kemi Lala Akindoju

OC & Lala

OC Ukeje Wedding OC Ukeje Ibukun IMG_3948.JPGOC Ukeje Ibukun Wedding IMG_3947.JPGOC Ukeje Ibukun IMG_3949.JPG

Photo Credit: Chyder 5 Photography | Instagram

Additional: Richard

1. Sylvonce

November 8, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Nice and unique concept to have a female as best man. #Cute couple. OC love ur smile..*winks*

• Titi

November 9, 2014 at 9:47 am

Lala was ONE of his grooms men, not his best man

2. mary

November 8, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I love this couple…and I love d fact that they aren’t wasting money….trad and church d same day….still d best. Saves money, time and energy!
    !!omu Iya dun!!

• Steph

November 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Something about the bride she looks so peaceful n her smile is so sweet. Hubby is one hot stepper cute couple, HML to them!

• Steph

November 8, 2014 at 6:32 pm

@Mary well, if u have the money spend it, and if u do not cut ur coat according to ur size. What u consider waste of money to some dey spend n dey don’t even feel it. To each his own.

3. dd

November 8, 2014 at 1:48 pm

Wowwwwwwwww, a woman as the bestman? Its quite unconventional and thats exactly why i love it. Dey are really best of friends. Congrats OC n IBUKUN. I am sure some broken hearts are weeping profusely in their toilet. Oya take tissue clean face . Ps: my missin rib where art thou na? Abi u dey traffic?

4. tinnnnnnnu29

November 8, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I thougth best friend marry each other lol.congrats Ib and Oc.

• Ife

November 8, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Not everytime lol. I have a male best friend we are very close and I can’t marry him . “See finish syndrome” lol , genotype, if we live under the same roof we will kill each other , but he’s a great friend !

• Bruness

November 8, 2014 at 3:49 pm

@ ife lol @ see finish syndrome #word#

5. LAVIVA

November 8, 2014 at 2:04 pm

NA WA….. MBOK

6. AsHaNI

November 8, 2014 at 2:07 pm

…seems this “best lady” is becoming a fad amongst tiwantiwa.. Funny thing its been around for ages.. Waiting for a grooms maid..

7. Jane

November 8, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Awwww…bless. Congrats.

Nigerwifediary.blogspot.com

8. de Penxil

November 8, 2014 at 2:33 pm

people will always have something to say… OC your family is blessed…. I wish u a set of twin babies…

• WarriChic

November 8, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Unless they told you that they are hoping for twins in the future, I do not see the reason to wish twins upon them. Nothing wrong with twins, but not every one wants twins biko! God gives people what they can handle.

9. Ephi

November 8, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Happy married life to such a wonderful couple! Loads and loads of blessings, Amen.

10. chychy

November 8, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I love the way she smiles and may ur marriage/union be blissful

11. Sonique

November 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Another saturday nd another crush stolen….issorait…HML to u oc nd ur beauty ibukun, swear u guys re looking alike already#stillgatmadluvforOCtho

12. Mzlyrics

November 8, 2014 at 2:52 pm

And the female best ‘man’ trend don start be that! Hmmm, people shouldn’t spoil this concept with overuse o cos I trust my Naija peeps! Anyways a groom gat to be guided and know not to try this concept with certain bride’s family sha! Ko ni funny mehn! I picture my mums face if legroom decides to try this! Hain… E no go work. Too much evil in the world biko. We shall stick to status quo

13. pearl

November 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Oc the wise man, I love the fact that they kept it low key and very simple,no extravagance, The less money spent on d wedding the more successful the marriage. May the Lord bless ur union.

• benny

November 8, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Looooooooool. Some of you will cement urselves in poverty just to make excuses for ur present situations. OC is an actor; a young one. Forget packaging, how much money does OC have? How many endorsements? How much per film that u have already calculated that his refusal to be extravagant is a thing of choice?
      I swear u people do the most. This is a young actor still hustling his way. Nothing different from the other junior pope guy that married some months back. Why didn’t u people trail that other guy’s wedding post with this talk? He is cute and all but mbok stop…

• Maromec

November 8, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Spot on
      Once someone is on tv,then the person is wealthy

• faa

November 8, 2014 at 7:19 pm

The same way Toke makinwa did 10 people wedding according to her pocket but packaged it as surprise wedding . Saying d main wedding will come later but 10 months later nothing

I love d way some do wedding according to pocket and are honest abt it . Why spend what u don’t have just to show

• I hate mumu comments......

November 11, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Faa shut your mouth……did toke give u a time frame for the later? Very stupid comment indeed…..witches like u be hounding others…..u must be jobless counting the months for toke to fulfill her later………tufiakwa for your type, busy body will finish you…mschweeeeeew

• teetols

November 9, 2014 at 3:23 am

the one that is paining me is this mentality of big wedding equals doomed marriage. NO NO NO!!! If my spouse and i can afford a 10 million naira wedding without breaking the bank or going broke, great, if it is 1 million we can do, let’s go for it. Whatever we can afford is what we shall do. You think poor people don’t get divorced? They do but you just won’t hear about it as you would a wealthy person. An aunty of mine just got divorced and i don’t recall her having an extravagant wedding. The problem lies with folks who do beyond themselves, borrowing or participating in criminal activity all for wedding but if you stay within your means, i don’t see an issue at all. Congrats fine man and beautiful woman. Smile on forever.

• creamy

November 24, 2014 at 12:48 pm

huh? where did u get your marriage duration formula from?
      besides in Yoruba tradition the bride’s family foot the bill for the wedding, the groom and his family bring the “eru iyawo”, they can choose to support with food and other stuff if they want to.

14. Sonique

November 8, 2014 at 3:12 pm

@ S yes we can see it….wetin happen ni? Una don start o

15. benny

November 8, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Congrats to the young couple. Wish u people well

16. Maromec

November 8, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Pearl
    Does OC really have money for an extravagant wedding
    Be truthful
    You think he is tiwa abi psquare
    The guy is upcoming oh
    He has done what he has money for

17. Daisy

November 8, 2014 at 3:51 pm

E don marry. End of discussion

• Tittie

November 8, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Abi

• BLONDY

November 10, 2014 at 7:25 am

@Daisy November 8, 2014 at 3:51 pm……….GBAM

• I hate mumu comments......

November 11, 2014 at 11:56 pm

Daisy see me oh…..people just can’t face the matter at hand but will be doing oversabi analysis…..if una analyse una life well like this una problems go reduce…….I can’t shout Abeg ………..

18. Wura

November 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Abeg leave that thing. Extravagant or not the most important thing is that they are happy. They have done what pleases them. After spending a fortune on the wedding everyone goes to their houses leaving you with the debt. A lavish wedding doesn’t determine the success of a marriage. OC and Ibukun have a great wedding and a successful marriage

• faa

November 8, 2014 at 7:22 pm

Those who had extravagant like kuku or TIWA have shown us it doesn’t mean it will last forever. …The money spent means nothing

19. Fortune Da Function Guy

November 8, 2014 at 4:31 pm

The choice of a female best man is exceptional… O.C big up, HML…

20. PurpleiciousBabe

November 8, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Likes his suit. Very different nice and different.
    I like the simplicity of the wedding with close family and friends.
    It was cute. I pray God blesses and establishes their home.
    The girl best man…interesting concept..I guess that truly his best buddy..

21. Fiyin

November 8, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Just noticed the wedding venue (The incubator) is opposite where I am …God bless your union OC&IBK”14

22. @edDREAMZ

November 8, 2014 at 5:33 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Long and lasting marriage is all i wish them…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Reddest ikpu

November 8, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Jupiter guy,u don reach here?

23. snoopy

November 8, 2014 at 5:40 pm

CORRECT GUY I JUST HAVE A FEELING THAT THIS DUDE IS A CORRECT GUY…SIMPLE DUDE CONGRATS BRO

24. Eugenia

November 8, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Congrats ibukun and OC…HML

25. Mimi

November 8, 2014 at 7:35 pm

For those who say Bella don’t post average weddings. Here you go. I love it.

• Why o why

November 8, 2014 at 8:59 pm

This is by no means an average wedding. Oh because you don’t see celebrities in every picture? Why is it average for Gods sake??! I am confused.

26. Idomagirl

November 8, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Happy married to them! They look really happy and she’s beautiful.

*clears throat* ngwanu where are the ‘ladies take note, she doesn’t use makeup or wear weaves, therefore she’s wife material’ people?

27. Mi'De

November 8, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Best man as a lady…. super cool, just like Carrie Bradshaw being Stanford’s best man in sex and the city. I like. Congrats to the lovely couple.

28. Debbie Ade

November 8, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Isn’t this “best man” Saeon?

• Debbie Ade

November 8, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Sorry I meant Kemi Akindoju

29. Debbie Ade

November 8, 2014 at 8:17 pm

Yes it’s Ibukun fromToronto.

30. xoxo

November 8, 2014 at 8:55 pm

The Bride is very beautiful. All I can say is I hope the Pastor preached that once you are married your spouse should be the closest person to you. I dont know if its me but if a man needs another woman to stand by him as he says his vows to me.. I will tell him to go and marry her. If he cares about her so much that she had to stand by him as he promised his love to another woman forever then that he should have married her. #Mytwocents

• benny

November 9, 2014 at 2:01 am

Na wa oooooooo. There is reason he is marrying you and not his female friend. Calm down. It is OC’s day too. He has a right to incorporate his friends of whatever gender into his wedding

• Je suis moi

November 9, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Well said. This brought back memories of the movie ‘My best friend’s wedding’. I have to agree because women are actually more emotional than men.

31. Busarni

November 8, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Congrats OC. Naija entertainment industry is full of frenemies aka fake friends. OC, Where are all those your friends that pose on red carpet with you. Ibukun from Toronto? Let no man put asunder ooh, wish you hot moisty sex and cute babies.

32. word

November 8, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Grooms go gree?! Men can be territorial, so I wonder if it will fly

33. OnPoint

November 8, 2014 at 9:58 pm

I totally agree that he might not have that kind of money but I must commend him for not trying to act the part by doing sthg lavish just to impress. Couldn’t help but think of that movie, “two brides and a baby” looking @the best man…Hml OC

34. oje

November 8, 2014 at 10:23 pm

Abeg Oc did not start this woman being the. Best man trend, it has been there since time immemorial. I saw one a couple weeks ago in naij, the only difference is the lady is the groom’s twin sister.

35. ifepe nnennia

November 8, 2014 at 11:01 pm

Happy married life to OC and his wife.the most important thing is that you are married;everybody’s opinion is secondary.you kept your wedding simple and classy.may God continue to bless your home.marriage is not about expensive wedding;if one has the money spend it but if you are average don’t over spend to impress anybody.marriage is a life time journey and we should pay attention to that.so many divorce casese in court and we keep wondering what the problem is.The answer is that most youths of today plan for the wedding and not the marriage

36. sussy

November 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I was at the wedding and Lala wasn’t the “best man”,she was part of the groomsmen please Bella Naija set the record straight,even the wedding programme stated it.

37. db

November 9, 2014 at 1:54 am

na dis type of marriage dey last ooo. happy married lyf bro OC the great Ukeje… see on at location..

38. zee

November 9, 2014 at 2:22 am

Beautiful couple. HML and Hebrew women’s delivery cos she looks very much pregnant. your marriage shall be filled with more than enough blessings from God, AMEN

39. jupifter

November 9, 2014 at 8:57 am

Kemi wasn’t d best man she was just among the grooms men bella naija be carrying gist *was at d wedding from beggining to end* haba

40. Chu

November 9, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Double Chi, I see you.

41. ijeoma

November 10, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Congrats Ibukun.. i know her as Ibukun Togonu Bickersteth dont knw why she left out that surname. we went to the same school and all. she is a lovely girl, quiet and down to earth. OC is a lucky guy. May God almighty bless their union.

42. Bellemoizelle

November 10, 2014 at 12:50 pm

O.c got moves!!!! La vie est belle!

43. Dr Are

November 10, 2014 at 1:14 pm

I rejoice with You OC and Ibukun, God Bless your family real good. Wish you Marital bliss

44. Miracle

November 14, 2014 at 9:31 am

HML to OC and Ibukun! Kings shall come to the brightness of your rising IJMN. You shall raise godly seeds IJMN.