Scoop

Kourtney Kardashian Bares It All for DuJour Magazine’s December Issue

Kourtney-Kardashian-DuJour-Magazine-December-2014-BellaNaija001

Nude pregnancy editorials have been the trend for 2014 and Kourtney Kardashian is rounding up the year buy baring it all for DuJour Magazine.

The reality TV star takes off her clothes and shows off her baby bump for the magazine’s December 2014 issue, photographed by Brian Bowen Smith.

Kourtney-Kardashian-DuJour-Magazine-December-2014-BellaNaija002

Kourtney-Kardashian-DuJour-Magazine-December-2014-BellaNaija004

The E! Star shares what she loves about posing pregnant— read excerpts of her interview below.

On taking these nude pictures: I had done a nude shoot when I was pregnant with Mason, really last minute just for myself, and I love it. The photo is hanging in the entry of my mom’s house. It actually used to be in her bedroom next to her bed but Bruce would always make a comment about having it in his room. But it was really beautiful. This time, we were shooting for our show, and everyone on our camera crew was like, “You are so comfortable just walking around naked and pregnant!” And Scott, who stopped by with Kim said the same thing to me, like “How are you fine just standing there like naked with all these people around?!”

On being self-conscious while pregnant: To me, nudity is not something to be ashamed of. I’m not embarrassed of my body. I’m at my best when I’m pregnant. It’s such an amazing feeling, the transformation that your body goes through. There’s something about that that’s so empowering and beautiful and I just really embrace it.

On how people will react to the shoot: I don’t know. It’s what a woman’s body is made to do, so I hope it’s maybe seen as something that’s artistic. This was something that initially I did for myself just to capture the moment in my life, but these photos are beautiful and I’m happy to share them. And I like how raw they are. It’s my body: I’m not trying to impress anybody or be something that I’m not. But in general, I don’t really care that much about what people think. It doesn’t rule my world. I did this because I wanted to and it made me happy.

You can read up her full feature and see more pictures from the shoot here.

Photo Credit: DuJour Magazine

1. bruno

December 2, 2014 at 8:38 pm

see what feminists are causing. every woman is now allergic to clothes.

• Idomagirl

December 3, 2014 at 6:22 pm

please shush. As if your ancestors did not walk about almost naked before the white man brought Christianity.

• Anon

December 4, 2014 at 8:55 am

What an asinine statement to make. Granted our clothing was probably lighter in those days than those of people who lived in colder climates, but we were nonetheless clothed enough to protect ourselves from our environment – the white man did not being this ‘new’ invention to us. Well, maybe this was the case in Idomaland or whatever hamlet you’re from, i.e., that your mothers were walking about almost naked in the style of Kourtney’s ‘outfits’ in the 2nd and 3rd pics before oyinbo came bearing gifts, but my own people were at least clothed enough to cover their private bits before the white man showed…

2. Suwa

December 2, 2014 at 8:39 pm

It is well o!

3. Audrey

December 2, 2014 at 8:48 pm

these people have major issues! major. they have to be examined. you walk naked in front of crew members? how? I can’t even wrap my mind around it smh

4. kyle

December 2, 2014 at 8:52 pm

she looks sexy for pregnant woman. shes hot. wish all women look this good when they r pregrant. take note naija women,please take note!!!!

• Rose

December 3, 2014 at 8:40 am

@Kyle, I find the latter part of your comment offensive. You don’t know what being pregnant is like (assuming you are male), and you don’t need to throw shade at Nigerian women just because you’ve seen one naked pregnant woman. Every woman’s body is different, thus a different pregnancy look/experience. Kapish?

5. eva

December 2, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Well its the season of nudity. If she is happy good for her. One day when we are tired of nudity, we will return to wearing clothes.

6. AsHAnI

December 2, 2014 at 9:22 pm

See what kimykimkim has caused…

• Idomagirl

December 3, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Demi Moore posed nude when she was pregnant, wayyyyy before anyone knew who Kim was. People did not start posing nude today, e.g Playboy was established in 1953. 61 years ago.

• Anon

December 4, 2014 at 9:30 am

The original comment you replied to is not knocking nudity per se. It’s about whether Demi Moore has done it or whether the greatest artwork/paintings from the Renaissance are nudes (for your benefit I even went further down history than Playboy). The comment is specifically pointing to the fact that by doing his shoot, Kourtney is obviously riding on her little sister’s coat tails so she can enjoy an extra 15 minutes. It’s not a coincidence Kim ‘broke’ the internet recently with her nudies and a few weeks later Kourtney decides to do more or less same thing. Perhaps, she thinks that her pregnancy twist will be mistaken for ingenuity or originality, but we’re not fooled (like you said we’ve seen it all before), all we see is desperation in trying to keep up with kimmy and instead of breaking anything she looks pathetic. I think this was the original poster’s point…

• Anon

December 4, 2014 at 10:04 am

The original comment you replied to is not knocking nudity per se. It’s not about whether Demi Moore has done it or whether the greatest artwork/paintings from the Renaissance are nudes (for your benefit I even went further down history than Playboy). The comment is specifically pointing to the fact that by doing his shoot, Kourtney is obviously riding on her little sister’s coat tails so she can enjoy an extra 15 minutes. It’s not a coincidence Kim ‘broke’ the internet recently with her nudies and a few weeks later Kourtney decides to do more or less same thing. Perhaps, she thinks that her pregnancy twist will be mistaken for ingenuity or originality, but we’re not fooled (like you said we’ve seen it all before), all we see is desperation in trying to keep up with kimmy and instead of breaking anything she looks pathetic. I think this was the original poster’s point…

7. nerat

December 2, 2014 at 9:27 pm

And people wl justify dis,may God help us

8. Mercy

December 2, 2014 at 9:51 pm

She accused her sis of doin dis,nw she is doin the same…smh for them

9. ada nnewi

December 2, 2014 at 10:05 pm

She looks gorgeous!

10. ngozi

December 2, 2014 at 10:06 pm

everybody wanna be sexy and famous!!!… she looks good no doubt

• omo

December 3, 2014 at 8:43 am

she is already famous

11. Kc Slim De Oceans

December 2, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Nudity is gradually becoming a normal thing in the society!!!! Well!! dats dia palava

12. mrs chidukane

December 2, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Gorgeous girl. When I was pregnant I felt so good about myself. It was the one time NO ONE made any comment about my weight, the tummy pulled me forward and I looked so slim I loved it! She really looks great

13. Dexter

December 3, 2014 at 7:23 am

What a family!Absolutely nothing to learn from them.No morals, no value.Unfortunate

• Idomagirl

December 3, 2014 at 6:27 pm

Is this the first pregnant woman to pose nude in Hollywood? Christina Aguilera and Demi Moore did the same years ago. No morals because she is a Kardashian?

14. miss max

December 3, 2014 at 7:52 am

Well… i guess we are returning to the garden of Eden gradually.

15. aloysius anne

December 3, 2014 at 8:29 am

she looks good is her life

16. Mystique

December 3, 2014 at 10:23 am

very distasteful……..i cant

17. Tomilola

December 3, 2014 at 11:55 am

This is beautiful. She looks beautiful. Sorry Mystique but I’ll have disagree with you on the distasteful comment. I’ll do this when I’m pregnant, maybe not share it for the world to ser but I’ll do it with every single pregnancy I carry, hang it on my wall and remind myself of how beautiful pregnancy can make a woman’s body look.

18. Idomagirl

December 3, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Very tastefully done, she looks absolutely gorgeous. As for all ye morality soldiers, why did you open the page and look at the pictures?

19. Dexter

December 4, 2014 at 12:18 am

The Nudeashians.Black can never be white and maybe next time we will all stop visiting bella naija because we fail to see what is good in what is bad.Everyone is subject to his or her opinion,make yours and stop snorting over others!

20. Feeirooz

December 11, 2014 at 9:15 am

Kourtney makes pregnancy appear seamless.