News

Ugandan Maid Who Physically Assaulted Child Pleads Guilty to Baby Torture | Faces Up to 15 Years in Jail

Rogue-Nanny

Jolly Tumuhiirwe, the 22-year-old maid who was caught on camera physically assaulting 18-month old baby, Arnella Kamanzi, has pleaded guilty to the torture of a baby.

She is facing up to 15 years jail time for the crime, Daily Mail reports.

State prosecutor, Joyce Tushabe stated that she expressed remorse during the court proceeding on Monday.

“She said she was sorry for the act…she asked for forgiveness from the parents of the child, the nation, and those she said were affected by her acts,” he said.

Tumuhiirwe has been remanded in custody, and is to be sentenced on Wednesday.

1. mizzy

December 8, 2014 at 11:21 am

very good news

2. Veeda!

December 8, 2014 at 11:33 am

Interesting! So glad it didn’t have to take donkey years to bring this devil-annointed nanny to book. Ugandan judiaciary system soo on point. Naija take a leaf!

3. Banke

December 8, 2014 at 11:45 am

I know what she did is barbaric but I feel so sorry for her. I wish her punishment would be served another way rather than going to 15 years imprisonment. She will come out to nothing, so sad seeing her waste her life like that. I hope she learnt her lesson.

If there’s one thing I’ve learnt, it is to always choose doing the RIGHT thing over my emotions. It pays at the long run. If she had done the right thing regardless of how angry she was, she wouldn’t have been here.

4. Chris

December 8, 2014 at 11:49 am

Glad she confessed and justice will be served, but 15 years though…we all deserve second chances and a modicum of empathy. Also, the correctional aspects of such abuses should be given concern as well.

5. Olanma

December 8, 2014 at 12:00 pm

She how she has wasted her life because of unnecessary wickedness. Now she’d be out when she’s 37. That’s just sad. Other nannies out there, learn from this.
    Needless to say, thumbs up Uganda.

6. jummai

December 8, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Good to know, maid from Hell.

7. Laura

December 8, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Good.

8. Betty

December 8, 2014 at 12:49 pm

It was a bad picture such a woman brought to the world. At first she said that she never stepped to the child when the video was showing everything she did.

9. honeymix...

December 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm

This maid is a psycho.

10. Lady Gaby

December 8, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Whichever way this case goes at least she has learned her lesson. Thumbs up to Uganda’s system for being quick to act.

11. chum chum

December 8, 2014 at 3:52 pm

A big lesson to other wicked maids.

12. Divinelove

December 8, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Those of us showing pity on her I can pretend to understand. But have u thought of it if that baby had died? What if d camera did not expose her evil deeds? Do u know the process and pains a woman go 2ru to bring a child to this world? What if she was not caught in the act would she had been sorry? There is no place in my heart for pity for this nanny seeing what she did to an 18month old baby! She is not a human being if I may say… She should be maimed!!!

13. ATL's finest

December 8, 2014 at 4:38 pm

What’s up with that baby pix again by my name? @ BN please fix it because I didn’t upload any pix. @ this maid hmmm only 15years??? How about life imprisonment or just me handle her myself.

14. Drknite

December 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm

This bird should be in the psycho ward. I can’t imaging anyone doing that to a 18 month old.

15. dykie

December 13, 2014 at 10:31 am

She is evil, should be locked up for life

16. ifynwa

December 29, 2014 at 2:32 am

She deserves more than this because she is a devil’s incarnate.