Scoop

Naya Rivera says “White People Shower More Than Ethnics”, Reveals She Showers Every Few Days

Naya RiveraActress Naya Rivera caused quite a stir while on ‘The View’ yesterday morning when the Glee star revealed that she only showers once every few days.

According to her ‘ethnic’ people don’t shower as much white people and when her white husband showers once, twice a day she looks at him like ‘What are you doing?’

Do you agree with her view?

People also reacted strongly to her use of the word ‘ethnic’ to describe people of colour.

Naya Rivera responded to the tweets with this:

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. Nuna

January 14, 2015 at 1:32 am

Its funny, I think white people are the ones who dont shower everyday. My Greek and British flat mates shower once every three days.
    I dont know if its a race thing though

• Yinka

January 14, 2015 at 8:24 am

Abi o…..my coworkers come to work stinking up the whole place……talking about its too cold to shower…awon oloorun.

• JustAgirl

January 14, 2015 at 9:30 am

You are totally right!!! White folks are really the ones who showers every other day

2. Janet

January 14, 2015 at 1:32 am

Now we know Big sean dumped her because her lady parts were smelly loool

3. Petitediva

January 14, 2015 at 1:33 am

Oh God, that is nasty. And what is the meaning of ethnic and white people? They have started again.

journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

4. lol

January 14, 2015 at 1:37 am

Babes dey find any way to be popular. Why is she lying like jeez. So is she saying Hispanics shower every 3 days. I bet down there smells great. Even after the gym.
    Thank God for your life Big sean.

5. Anon

January 14, 2015 at 1:43 am

A smelly vajayjay and smelly armpits must be her bane!

6. Fleur

January 14, 2015 at 1:49 am

No. She should stop insulting ethnic people. That she comes from a pig stye does not mean she can extrapolate to all ethnic people. Black people have to take the most showers because we get dusty. SO please madam, go and reflect on where you got your dirty jeans from. Maybe a spaniard of an ancestor?

• atinuke

January 14, 2015 at 4:26 am

I don’t understand how black people get dusty in comparison to other races oh?? Or maybe I don’t get what u are insinuating by that statement

• MC

January 14, 2015 at 12:28 pm

“we get dusty”????

7. BEAUTIFULNBLESSED

January 14, 2015 at 2:38 am

O STINKO! STINKY JO! NAYA YOUR KASLAPUS MUST STINK/HUM TO HIGH SKIES……..PUEH!

8. right

January 14, 2015 at 4:41 am

She’s completely gone bunker. I have lived with whites for years and I can tell you that they shower once or twice in a week.

9. Vidavi

January 14, 2015 at 5:31 am

Speak for yourself, and your people abeg. Don’t throw my people under the bus.

10. Iris

January 14, 2015 at 6:56 am

Imagine this Smelly von Nasty trying to rope people in with her to make herself sound less silly! In my experience it’s actually Caucasian people who don’t shower daily – more common among adolescents and teenagers who probably even need the showers more

11. ATL's friend

January 14, 2015 at 7:53 am

Mtchew! Her shady friend Nene lekes need to read her ass & throw shades of advise to her. She’s looking way too much like Kim K.. Infact , since she left she turned into sth else. Abi she still dey? Lol

12. papermoon

January 14, 2015 at 8:20 am

really, says who? and what is ethnic anyway

13. spoonfullofsugar

January 14, 2015 at 8:51 am

”If a white person asks me if I showered today Imma blame Naya Rivera” LMAO

14. RayRay

January 14, 2015 at 10:03 am

We are all gonna die someday whether we shower or not. However, staying clean is paramount as that’s next to godliness.

15. Moving on Swiftly

January 14, 2015 at 10:25 am

SMELLO, eeeeez a smelling geh (In Harry songs voice)

16. Yvonne

January 14, 2015 at 11:10 am

She should shut the hell up!!! I live in Europe and i can tell you that some of these white folks don’t bath at all
    They deck up their faces with every makeup they can lay their hands on and apply different types of perfumes before going out.
    Their color makes them feel as if there are neater than us.

17. NNENNE

January 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm

White people wash their hair more often but black people ( Nigerians) shower more.

18. peaches77

January 14, 2015 at 1:41 pm

My former English flatmate who was veeery very active and mobile used to bath like every 2-3 days or so…. anyway Naya, what do i know?

19. BlueEyed

January 14, 2015 at 3:26 pm

I don’t quite agree, however issues like this should not be generalized as there’s always different exceptions, but I do feel that white folks don’t shower as much as ethnics, European white folks have it for the lowest period of shower times.

• Nne

January 14, 2015 at 8:31 pm

Even Canadians! My goodness, the smell is real. I had a roommate who used to shower twice/thrice a week.

20. Lady D

January 14, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Naya should only speak for her self, instead of the whole “ethnic” (non-white) people. She sounds stupid, ignorant and racist.

21. adelegirl

January 15, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Oloorun ni omo Naya yi sha! Obuko! This Naya is a dirty girl sha! How can you not bath every day, at least once? When really it should be twice a day – in the morning and at night before bed! Ugh!

22. bennaars

February 20, 2015 at 7:33 pm

classic humour , she knows the husband battles these “stereotypes” and has gone overboard with them..she is like wtf are you doing