Connect with us

News

24 Year Old Woman Dies After Dropping Her Charging iPhone While Bathing

Published

 on

Evgenia Sviridenko

A 24-year-old Russian woman died after dropping her charging iPhone while she was taking a bath.

The deceased, Evgenia Sviridenko, had been looking at her social media page on VKontakte (described as the Russian version of Facebook) when the incident occurred, Metro UK reports.

Speaking on Sviridenko’s death, her flatmate 23-year-old Yaroslav Dubinina said:

“I noticed that she had been gone a while, and when she didn’t come back I opened the door and saw her floating on the water looking pale. I saw her phone which was on charge at the bottom of the bath. Her body was still shaking from the shock.”

Her death reportedly comes days after a teenage girl died in Russia’s Bashkortostan Republic, after she got electrocuted while charging her phone in the bathroom as she was taking a shower.

Photo Credit: Metro UK/CEN

13 Comments

  1. Khaleesi

    February 13, 2015 at 8:01 am

    Quite unfortunate loss of life
    But she should have have finished her bath tho.
    we have been warned time and again not to use charging phones etc via forwarded texts and this situation is no different.
    Shame.

    • iba

      March 6, 2015 at 1:33 am

      Terrible stuff.

  2. Nma

    February 13, 2015 at 8:02 am

    What a shock. Rest in peace dearz

  3. Ocean Beauty

    February 13, 2015 at 8:24 am

    The 5-10minutes spent bathing is too much to let go of the mobile phone abi social media.
    I remember one faithful evening years ago, I was having my shower and my dear phone rang, see me rushing out to take the call with soap all over my body. The way I slipped, still don’t know how I managed not to fall and hit my head. Since then nothing concern me and phone in the bathroom.
    RIP…. Though your death could have been prevented

  4. honey

    February 13, 2015 at 9:12 am

    Hmm!!!! Na wa o.

  5. jhennique

    February 13, 2015 at 10:16 am

    little actions that we never know may cost a life.

  6. aaron

    February 13, 2015 at 10:46 am

    i love coming to this website… not really for the content, but for the epic comments!! hilarious

  7. June

    February 13, 2015 at 10:50 am

    So sad

  8. Anon

    February 13, 2015 at 11:07 am

    Very sad. Electricity and water have never been friends.

    Also, like the article in the Metro said, was it a licensed iPhone charger?

  9. marculey

    February 13, 2015 at 11:49 am

    Hmmmm, social media wahala…. we’re just too addicted to our phones my fiance is one example but me, watin concern me? I don’t even go close to his charger talk more of the phone na him na nd the phone get problem to solve.

  10. Stella Kashmoney

    February 13, 2015 at 12:43 pm

    Wow this is tragic. Poor girl.

  11. Arin

    February 13, 2015 at 5:10 pm

    Sadly, this will go down as one of the “1000 ways to die”.

  12. Anon

    February 15, 2015 at 3:45 am

    @Arin: …now 1001 ways to die..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

css.php