News

Buhari Promises to Create More Jobs if Elected

NAN

Buhari 2015 BN 10All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Candidate, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), on Saturday promised to create more jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in the country, if elected.

Buhari made the promise at a rally held by the APC Presidential Campaign team held at the Metropolitan Square, Ilorin.

Addressing party supporters at the rally, Buhari also promised to turn the nation’s economy around if given the chance to govern the country on Feb. 14.

The APC presidential candidate said he would focus attention on education by providing infrastructure, equipment and employ more teachers to boost the quality of education in the country.

He also promised to revive decaying infrastructure nationwide to make life more meaningful for the people.

Buhari, therefore, enjoined the people of Kwara to vote for him and all the APC candidates during the forthcoming elections.

In his own address, Vice Presidential candidate, Yemi Osinbajo, said what the people of the country wanted was a true change to prosperity where everything was working well.

He appealed to the people of the state to guide their PVC jealously as it was their only weapon to effect the desired change.

The Director-General of Buhari Presidential Campaign Organisation, Governor Rotimi Amaechi, appealed to the people to join the wind of change blowing around the country.

“You are all here today because you want a change in the country; because you are hungry; because your life is not safe this is an opportunity for you to affect that change by voting for APC”, he said.

Governor Raufu Aregbesola of Osun said it was exactly six years that President Goodluck Jonathan assumed leadership of the country with nothing to show for it.

“Life is getting worse, no light, no job, no security of lives and property of Nigerians, the best thing is to send Dr Jonathan packing.

“We shall not fight, we will send him away with our votes, therefore you should all vote for APC in all the elections.”

1. Deborah Didwell

February 1, 2015 at 1:09 am

Buhari promises express passage to heaven/purgatory/wherever you want to end up to all Nigerians. #ChangeIsHere

• fairgame

February 1, 2015 at 7:14 am

The only #change is the restructuring of Nigeria in line with the resolution of the national conference and Jonathan is the man for the job. Afenifere got it right. FailBuhari is here finally!

2. EllesarisEllendil

February 1, 2015 at 5:27 am

Welcome to Febuhari!!

• fairgame

February 1, 2015 at 7:13 am

You mean FailBuhari. Yea!

3. Bobo

February 1, 2015 at 6:37 am

While, I will vote for anyone, anything but GEJ, I still would like to know HOW you intend to create more jobs. You need to debate!

• Iris

February 1, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Yes. HOW? These promises are not new. If this is how it works then BellaNaijarians vote for me. I will make earth heaven for you and after that I will secure you free passage to the actual heaven and you don’t even have to be a good person. If you say yes I will bring out my poster and debate next week *hiss*

4. fairgame

February 1, 2015 at 7:12 am

How many did he create in his first stint at the top? I am not fooled by the lies of this Buhari. I am glad FailBuhari is here.

5. anonymous

February 1, 2015 at 7:58 am

Sharap there.what jobs did u create when u wer in power.Gej all d way

6. ada nnewi

February 1, 2015 at 9:38 am

FEBUHARI!!!!

7. me2me

February 1, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Now this is my issue… You will restore the educational system by employing more teachers and building infrastructure…. Wrong answer. Training the already qualified ones, weeding out those who have not updated themselves and maintaining and boosting the capacity and ability of the existing educational infrastructure is a better answer.

For change to occur, you must strengthen, weed out before you think of hiring…..the signs are already there…you may not have what it brakes to lead us

8. mahka

February 1, 2015 at 8:23 pm

Abeg abeg that line has been so used and older than my granny. we all know its translation.Am sorry Mr B but we see right through you n ur promises…spare meeee

9. Politicalvigilante

February 6, 2015 at 5:23 am

I think before we make comments we should base every arguments by its merit and demerits . I think it is imperative to think about. The times and season. Mr President has not shown us any form of leadership and decision making in the last 6years. Corruption has quadrupled; money are been swallowed like choco-milo and every whistleblower has been discredited I.e Sanusi,Saludo;#giirlsarestillmissing and Mrs Jonathan goes on to fight widower over piece of land; no light, just few months ago uni students were at home for over nine months . Here’s my contribution before Mr President can act as if a wool has been pulled over our eyes about the different issues that plague the nation . In my opinion let us even see what ogbeni B wan do. What is the worse than can happen?

10. Faleye samuel

February 21, 2015 at 7:09 am

All it takes really is someone with a heart not alined to corruption. I totally agree it’s not by employing more teachers but by training and weeding,but Nigerian economy would be adjusted and when that is in place. Everything starts getting corrected. Trust me. Funding would affect all the week lots. Fashola was looking like a joker but asides education to he affected lagos not just with visuals but also the system. Nigerians are all about what they see tho. What makes a good governing is attention to both. OBASANJO should be his bestfriend. Buhari change all the way