News

GEJ is a Fiasco & Buhari is a Former Dictator | Nigerians Must Vote for the Least Awful Candidate – The Economist Says

GEJ and BuhariPresident Goodluck Jonathan is a failed president. Muhammadu Buhari is a former dictator with blood on his hands. Given this quandary, the Nigerian population must choose the lesser of two evils as their next president.

So states The Economist, in its controversial article titled Nigeria’s Election: The Least Awful.

The publication describes both individuals as “candidates that stand as symbols of a broken political system that makes all Nigeria’s problems even more intractable.” They further go on to list all the reasons why they believe both Jonathan and Buhari are terrible:

GEJ: An utter failure

• He has shown little willingness to tackle endemic corruption. For instance, when the governor of the central bank reported that $20 billion had been stolen, his reward was to be sacked.
  • On his watch, the Northern part of the country has been virtually destroyed. Over 18,000 people have died in the region due to the Boko Haram insurgency. He has shown little interest in tackling the issue, and has been totally incompetent in this regard. Also, he was quick to show solidarity during in the aftermath of the Paris Charlie Hebdo attacks but showed no concern for the Baga massacre.
  • Although Nigeria became one of the world’s fastest growing economies during his regime, this was accomplished DESPITE his government rather than BECAUSE of it.
  • Under Jonathan, poverty has increased exponentially, and “Nigerians typically die eight years younger than their poorer neighbours in nearby Ghana.”

Buhari: The despotic dictator

• He is an ex general who assumed power via a coup. His rule was “nasty, brutish and mercifully short.”
  • His system of economics tagged Buharism was extremely destructive: “Instead of letting the currency depreciate in the face of a trade deficit, he tried to fix prices and ban “unnecessary” imports. He expelled 700,000 migrants in the delusion that this would create jobs for Nigerians. He banned political meetings and free speech. He detained thousands, used secret tribunals and executed people for crimes that were not capital offences.

To read the full analysis of the two candidates, visit The Economist.

After the analysis, the writer of the article declares that they were given a chance to vote, they would choose Buhari.

“We are relieved not to have a vote in this election. But were we offered one we would—with a heavy heart—choose Mr Buhari. Mr Jonathan risks presiding over Nigeria’s bloody fragmentation. If Mr Buhari can save Nigeria, history might even be kind to him.”

***

Food for thought. BellaNaijarians we’d love to hear your perspective on the article…

Photo Credit: NAN-PHOTO

1. Joe

February 7, 2015 at 4:38 pm

I will vote for the fiasco..he is my choice…

• HONEY

February 7, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Good luck to you. Lol

• EllesarisEllendil

February 7, 2015 at 6:33 pm

Puntastic.

2. Zinny

February 7, 2015 at 4:52 pm

Fiasco all the way..

3. ada nnewi

February 7, 2015 at 5:09 pm

The former dictator all the way – Sai Buhari!!!

• Iris

February 7, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Again, purely out of curiosity I have to ask you: what about Buhari has raised this kind of zeal in you? What do you believe he has to offer Nigeria? Buhari and his cohorts took away freedom of speech (among other things) and damaged Nigeria’s psyche for decades and it is only recently that Nigerians have started to push fear of being shot aside and tried to fight for their rights. So if you are willing to risk living with all of that again, there must be something else that you believe he can bring to the table. Please enlighten those of us who may not want to vote for GEJ but are resigned to it because he appears the lesser of two evils. I have asked this question in a civil manner. Please be equally civil.

• EllesarisEllendil

February 7, 2015 at 6:46 pm

Ms(I presume) Iris, As a first time voter, I was too young to “experience” Buhari, however most of my older relations who are “Buharinatics” say they like him for instilling much needed discipline in Nigerians(If you have ever been irritated by queue jumpers you should understand) and being tough on corruption(My Mother in particular likes him for jailing Jim Nwobodo, we are from the same clan as Mr Nwobodo and she says he only tarred the road up to his gate, leaving even his Brothers compound and the rest of of the village Roads.). I personally am voting Buhari because he stood up to foreign Powers(I am wary of all these powers claiming to be our friend. No country that has ever allowed Western involvement in their Government has come out well. E.G The middle-East, the Balkans ETC). Secondly, his VP is even more impressive than GEJ and considering the VP chairs most economic committees, I sincerely shudder at the thought of Sambo chairing those commitees for another 4 years. Thirdly, he toned down Government sponsored pilgrimages as HOS(I can’t say enough how stupid!!!!! government sponsored pilgrimages are). Fourthly, Anti-corruption(Nuff said). Finally I am looking towards the future, after Buhari’s tenure, the rotation policy is well known in Nigerian politics. After GEJ power rotates to the North where the front-runners are Mark, Shema, an Abacha, A Balewa, Sambo.(Does any Northern politician in the PDP inspire you with confidence??), however after Buhari’s tenure, the frontrunners from APC are likely to be Fashola and Aregbesola. I hope my explanantion wasn’t too long and could maybe convince you to vote for Change!!

• ada nnewi

February 7, 2015 at 7:27 pm

Simple I am a Nigerian first and foremost before I am Igbo…As an A student in Nigerian History I had the opportunity to study in detail the different governments of Nigeria since 1960. The administration of Buhari was the most disciplined and the rot Shagari created that greatly weakened the Nigerian State started to heal. Although his policies could be termed extreme, extreme problems require for the most part extreme solutions. I believe if he had stayed longer, Nigeria would have been better for it. The current state of Nigeria both security wise and economic wise scares me…the fact that GEJ allowed Boko Haram get away with the abduction of young girls and women makes my skin crawl and heart bleed, I have been a victim of sexual violence and a cousin of mine was kidnapped, the girls that were taken will leave with sexual violence for the rest of their life because their government did nothing! The parents of some of my friends who are not so well off have to survive on their pensions and life is hard so I can imagine the suffering some elderly Nigerians had to face when their pension money was stolen in the pension scam that saw 40billion dollars disappear into thin air…I’m tired of seeing Nigerians accept poor governance and mismanagement public funds as normal, it is abnormal. I am tired of public official like dieziani and her cohorts thinking they can take what belongs to all Nigerians and still look down her nose at us since the current administration makes her untouchable. I am tired of Goodluck blaming everyone but himself for his decisions, actions and inactions..

• Ibi

February 7, 2015 at 9:43 pm

Funny. Jonathan is the one inspiring the zeal in many people, not Buhari. It is actually sad that things are so bad that the old soldier becomes the more acceptable option. People are not saying Buhari is perfect., but that we’ve had enough of GEJ and we wonder what another 4 years of him will lead to. 4 years ago, people voted for Jonathan in droves. He didn’t need to campaign this hard. Your work speaks for you. Truth is people are not happy and he has not been listening

• southsouthchairman

February 8, 2015 at 1:55 am

I’ll start by allaying your fears of Buhari ruling as a dictator if he is voted in. That will not happen for one simple reason – it is IMPOSSIBLE; and by that I mean there is not a 0.001% chance of it happening. Power under the military was vested in one single body, the supreme military council, so there were no checks and balances; leaders then could do and undo. In our democratic dispensation which is governed by the constitution, we have the 3 arms of govt which check each other. He will be impeached in less than a week if he tries any stunts. The legislators are corrupt but trust me they love their power and would not hesitate to use it if encroached upon.

To answer your question of what I believe he has to offer, I think he offers us the chance of a step in the right direction, and I believe the current government is not doing that; infact they are dragging us backwards, closer to oblivion. Most Jonathan supporters allude to the fact that he has been sub par and infact incompetent so no need for me to harp on that fact. So what we have is a choice between guaranteed failure and hope that we just may turn the tide, and I would rather take that chance.

To me it is naive and a bit delusional for anyone to judge any Nigerian politician on corruption because that is not a problem of an individual, it is the system which is broken. The people in govt didn’t come from space. I’m sure 15 – 20 years ago Jonathan and every other new generation politician used to complain about corruption the way we do today, but they went in and did the same thing. That means if anyone on this blog goes into government tomorrow, they will do the same thing (including me). And if you try and do otherwise, the system will spit you out in no time. So when people call someone like Bola Tinubu corrupt, it means nothing to me. I can only judge him on the work he has done on Lagos state. He laid solid foundations and then worked to get Fashola there to continue the good works he started. Fashola’s achievements are a product of his management (by placing Fashola there) so I cannot disassociate him from them. None of us can truly prove that one politician is more corrupt than the other, so we have to judge on competencies. It will take a long time for the system to be fixed (probably centuries), but we have a chance now to make a choice and take a step forward.

The economist is an organisation of the highest calibre in their field and there is no reason for us to believe they were not objective in their analysis. Everything they stated were facts; based on those facts, they reached the conclusion any reasonable unbiased mind would reach. They made it clear that these are not the ideal options (a fact which tells us where we are as a nation), but if they were forced to make a decision, the lesser evil/ more positive step to take would be Buhari. They have nothing to gain by stating that fact, apart from keeping up their reputation and goodwill.

• derami

February 7, 2015 at 6:03 pm

Blind bat; go to your state. Mumu

• CovertNigerian

February 7, 2015 at 7:32 pm

@Derami – You think it is okay say “go to your state” and have the audacity to call someone else a mumu? You need to spend A LOT of time in quiet introspection to sort through whatever personal issues make you think that’s an appropriate thing to say.

It is okay to disagree, but there are right and wrong ways to do it. (HINT: plain rudeness is usually indicative of a weak argument)

• CovertNigerian

February 7, 2015 at 7:23 pm

@ Ada Nnnewi – Haha…this woman you never fail to turn up. Island to Mainland, I hope you are able to actually vote.

• jake ro

February 8, 2015 at 9:58 pm

I do not believe the so called ada nnewi is really an igbo person.knowing the history of thst tribe, it is totally unlikely that she or he is who he or she is professing to be..his or her commenta is selling her out , she thinks she is smart. Pathetic.

• ada nnewi

February 7, 2015 at 7:45 pm

Bella oh! Where is my long comment I used blood, sweat and tears to type!! Chai! 🙁

• Iris

February 7, 2015 at 9:18 pm

It turned up, I read it, and thank you for taking the time to write it. I also like to think I am Nigerian before I am Igbo (although Jonathan is not Igbo so I don’t know what people get worked up about). I agree that Buhari, compared to his peers, appeared to have the hardest stance on corruption but I don’t completely agree with his methods and this is probably where we will disagree. I think someone like Buhari would be great…as long as we agree with everything he does and he is a perfect human being. If he ever took a decision contrary to what we believed to be right I have a healthy fear that no one would be allowed to voice an opinion. Perhaps it is my childhood memories of playing like a child during military regimes but always knowing that something was not quite right with the country and that there was a pervasive fear that just seemed to hang in the air. Perhaps that has just marred the idea of Buhari being anything beyond a dictator who will not listen to anyone else when it regards economic issues in which he may not be an expert. Long story short, I am relieved you actually have your valid reasons for wanting Buhari to win. With only your “Sai Buhari” chants and attacks on GEJ supporters to go on, I was starting to wonder if he was somehow your uncle.

4. Funsho

February 7, 2015 at 5:14 pm

So its kinda a TRIBE thing.

Lets vote wisely . Drop tribe and religion . If asides that your analysis still votes for him then move to the next step.

Drop your brain and pick up sentiments assume you daughther , wife or sister was kidnapped. Still voting for him?

Then i am worried for Nigeria.

The truth is I am not even a fan of Buhari based on history but i would rather analyse like i have the best interest of myself and my childrens future at heart and make baseless reasoning.

Jonathan also has the use if power to intimidate people in his blood

Occupy nigeria in Lagos was dispersed when soldiers were sent down. Do we have amnesia or we are just plain stupid

In the next few years most of us would be mothers and fathers. Do you want to live in a declined economy or be scared of being kidnapped or your kids.

Let’s face it Nigeria is in trouble forget that peanut called bribe , forget RELIGION, forget TRIBE. Remember the FUTURE!

Note: This is not a debate so I wont be interested in replying any rants or discussions

Also as you can see I did not insult anyone i just made my points clear. So if you have your reasons instead of turning into a cyber bully state it. Who knows you may just win some voters to your side.

Peace out!

• Iris

February 7, 2015 at 6:24 pm

“I may be biased but i feel people that say they choose to vote for GEJ are mostly non yorubas and hausa. So it’s kinda a TRIBE thing”
      I think you are biased.
      Based on your arguments, if mostly non-Yoruba and Hausa are saying they choose GEJ, then most of the people supporting Buhari are the Yoruba and Hausa, yes? (I doubt that a significant number are going for the independent party). Now, how do you know it is not a tribal thing too that Hausa people are voting for Buhari? Your conclusion may or may not be true but the reasoning behind it is flawed. Tribe will probably play a part unfortunately. Nigeria is too young a country and there have been too many deaths and killings linked to tribalism for there not to be bitterness, especially from the older generation. People have died as a result of tribal attacks and Nigeria’s murky history has been swept under the rug like it never happened with no admissions, or Truth and Reconciliation panels. However, the issue of tribalism is not limited to a specific group of people. It is a national issue.
      And by the way, if people are voting for GEJ instead of Buhari, despite the ineffectual president that GEJ is when it comes to security, perhaps it is because they are afraid of Buhari’s history. Perhaps people are afraid that if Buhari wins and another Occupy Nigeria or Chibok were to happen, we won’t even be able to campaign for it on social media without people suddenly showing up at your door to arrest you and then hanging you without trial. After all Buhari winning does not automatically guarantee that the army will become equipped to fight Boko Haram.

• EllesarisEllendil

February 7, 2015 at 6:49 pm

“hanging you without trial. “. Impossible in a democracy. As for people showing up and purring you under arrest, I seem to remember a #free……… that trended because certain people were detained by DSS, So unlawful arrests already occur under GEJ, also google EkitiGate

• Iris

February 7, 2015 at 7:02 pm

@EllesarisEllendil I am not certain that a democracy will stand under Buhari. More amazing things have happened than a sudden military coup in a democratic country in under a year. Indeed, it has happened in a few African countries fairly recently. For our sake, I hope Buhari supporters are right. I will happily eat my words if he wins and brings positive and progressive change.

• Susan

February 7, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Iris, although I’m supporting neither Buhari or GEJ, the comments you made about Buhari, that was during military regime. In cannot happen in a democratic government.

• Susan

February 7, 2015 at 9:52 pm

It*

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 9:37 am

During the occupy Nigeria saga I will never forget how soldiers forcefully searched my car at Falomo roundabout throwing out fliers and trying to accuse me of treason, in usual manner my mouth no rest as I told them their accusations were baseless, they just lucky laughed and said you say be very fine women wey get small money if not we for show you…Democratic nigeria under GEJ my a**…

5. Funsho

February 7, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Bias*

6. michael

February 7, 2015 at 5:47 pm

I will vote the Fiasco again and again and again and another 1000 times
    The greatest evil from man to another man if deprivation of freedom and secret execution.

Not only is the Economist sham and fake but evil.
    Iwill take you to the developments in SME,how many Micofinance Banks do we have today???How many farmers do we have today???How many department of the Banks today are SME. today??how many agricultural exporters do we have today??how many live coaches do we have today??are people not reigning from banks to start fashion and designining ,beadmaking,eatries,hairmaking,cake baking,drycleaning etc

The Economist should take back its word.
    I live and work in Nigeria and i know that Jonathan has done well in the economy

• NagosBigBoi

February 7, 2015 at 6:42 pm

I was hoping you were going to give us some numbers. No too worry sha, GEJ’s campaign do not even have the numbers. I will change my support from GMB to GEJ if someone can show me numbers that prove all you say.

• We The People!

February 7, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Most Nigerians don’t like numbers (Statistics). Now the question that I would like to pose is,”What is the percentage of Nigerians below the “globally accepted” poverty line when GEJ took office?” And what is the number now? Which translate to, Are we better off today than we were 6 or so years ago since GEJ got in the office? What are the 3 MOST important things Nigerians need from their government? For me

1. Electricity (Power)

2. Security

3. Education

Now ask yourselves, what are the numbers showing? Forget sentiments. Show me numbers!!!

• S

February 7, 2015 at 9:25 pm

GEJ has made many accomplishments and is suffering from all them past leaders like Buhari’s mistakes right? All the school strikes, doctor’s strikes and unpaid govt salaries is all the past leaders faults. Really?? All the naval ships and weapons that are being controlled by the militnts and not our military are all the past leader’s faults. All the missing foreign reserves and using EFCC to make politicians switch to PDP where the case “magically” disappear when they join PDP is all Buhari and the former leaders fault. All the huge shares of oil money going to niger delta militants are also Buhari and past leaders faults ba? The Ekiti rigging on tape is also their fault.

When will we as humans start claiming responsibility. This is just like kids who claim the dog ate their homework. No one is saying Buhari and APC people are saints, neither is The Economist. Frankly, they shouldn’t like Buhari cause he stood up to them and didn’t let them control Nigerian policies but when stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, better learn how to swim. If we notice, APC isn’t playing blame games in their states because despite all the looting and crooked ways, people have tangible things to point to that have been done not imaginary trains that no one uses or dead ppl from immigration stampedes. A growing GDP is not the same as a healthy populace. Know the difference. It’s like a pastor having a bigger congregation but no single member being touched by the Word.

Both parties are desperate and it is sad but one thing is sure, no incumbent president should have to fight this hard to remain in power. Their problem is they were too sure of themselves that they didn’t think people will notice. Also, remember that Obasanjo as a military head of state and Obasanjo as a democratic president were 2 different people. One was impeachable and had limited executive power.

• sandy

February 8, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Hmmmm you work in Nigeria,do you work for the government? if you did you would know by now that the impunity with which monies are being siphoned is the worst that has ever occurred in history. GEJ has brought this country to a sorry state and is still using the military and security agencies to foster his gains. GMB may not be the best but believe u me when I say he is lesser evil

7. michael

February 7, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I will vote the Fiasco again and again and again and another 1000 times
    The greatest evil from man to another man is deprivation of freedom and secret execution.

Not only is the Economist a sham and fake but evil.
    I will take you to the developments in SME,how many Microfinance Banks do we have today???How many farmers do we have today???How many department of the Banks today are SME. today??how many agricultural exporters do we have today??how many live coaches do we have today??are people not resigning from banks to start fashion and designining ,beadmaking,eatries,hairmaking,cake baking,drycleaning etc

The Economist should take back its word.
    I live and work in Nigeria and i know that Jonathan has done well economicaly.

8. Rotimi Lawanson

February 7, 2015 at 5:55 pm

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE WHITE PEOPLE? They are trying to dictate to us who to vote? Nonsense! Is it not the same Economist that was telling us we should vote for Gays to live happily in Nigeria and to allow homosexuals to marry here? Economist abeg shut up! We will vote our conscience. As for me, I will vote GEJ. They can take Buhari. Imagine the nonsense

• NagosBigBoi

February 7, 2015 at 6:45 pm

The Economist always weighs in on elections all over the world (US, UK, India). They are not telling you…….it is their opinion. They and the Financial Times have very good data on which they base their endorsements.

• kenny

February 8, 2015 at 4:48 am

Gej represents a forward Nigeria. No matter what buhari says he is a RECYCLED product and not the breath of fresh air we need. That’s a fact. There is no future without a past -of Nigeria’ 54 years a section has ruled for 37. We are here today cos a blind man CANNOT lead the sighted. The seeds of nigeria’s degradation were sown when buhari, ibb Abacha, abubakar presided over an unbroken chain of political decay, and intellectual and economic decadence. Few people in the north tell truth like uba Ahmed. Their leaders keep them in ignorance and extreme poverty and boko harams roots date back to those DARK years. Plus military rulers also never equip the military for fear of uncontainable coups. Gej may not be JFK, but is a departure from DARKNESS

9. bees

February 7, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Without OSIBANJO, would you -FUNSHO – vote @Buhari? lol. So its ethnicity above all. We are all jaded; Its the nature of our democracy. I will vote for someone who at least guarantees freedom of speech. #BlameLordLuggard. ##WeAreStrangeBedFellows

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 10:38 am

10. nene

February 7, 2015 at 6:22 pm

What a piece!!! The Economist
    What a submision. How did i know that some world powers (anti black nations and individuals ) are not happy with the successes recorded in Nigeria under Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

They are not happy with our liberation from the shackles of Buhari generation! We should perpetualy remain whites “Sugar Cane Farmers” slaves with ropes and chains on our shoulders.

What can a country like Britain and America trade for freedom??? The Answer is nothing not even the economy led by you the economist!

No, not the economy led by Jim Yong Kim,Christine Lagarde,David Cameron,Barak Obama,Putin,Angella Merkel,,Francois Hollande etc put together.

No man is a success without basic human freeom

The Economist watched and hoped and prayed that America will not sell arms and weapon to fight boko haram.

Are sad that Russia and China came to our aid.
    These colonialist are unhappy with the progresses the biggest black nation has made

Nigeria is a threat to these nations and individuals, we will rise above you, yes we will!

Nigeria on it part to greatness is unstopable even by these Economist.

Freedom is what a man NEED to explore his full potentials ,that is what we have with Dr GEJ.

We are not moved by your opinion. As for me and many other Nigerians we DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO SERVITUDE..

I will support GEJ who represent FREEDOM,EDUCATION etc

• conglomerate

February 7, 2015 at 6:58 pm

If you call what’s presently happening in Nigeria development, then whatever hardship your future generation(s) encounters is duly deserved. It’s really sad that we have individuals that think from there anus on here. If any of your family has been a victim of bokoharam, I am sure you wont see the “developments”.

• treasure

February 7, 2015 at 8:18 pm

correct! as if it is not Buhari and co that messed up the country that GEJ is trying to transform… GEJ signed the Local Content Plan in 2011 that now compels big oil companies to design and fabricate projects here in naija and for the record, I have worked on 3 of such projects. in fact, if total n co present any project to NNPC and NCDMB without a local company as a partner, it’ll be rejected. also, these local companies must be made up of Nigerians. they really do conduct such checks. I know many family men who have benefitted from his agric scheme, loans and empowerment programs. he is not perfect but he is working. as for the security problem, a northerner recently confessed that if GEJ wasn’t fighting BH, they would’ve overtaken the whole north by now and we all know who is sponsoring them anyways. people that when captured, within minutes the police n army start receiving calls from top northern politicians to release them immediately. if APC truly wants change, they shouldve brought a fresh blood cuz if recycling or rebranding a former coup plotter is change, abeg, I stick with GEJ. oya ewa bu mi oo

• Dee

February 8, 2015 at 4:43 am

oh please, the office of the first lady is one of the biggest scams in Nigeria not to forget that it is unconctitutional.

• marx

February 8, 2015 at 12:03 am

Nene big ups to u gurl,,,,,u smartly decoded and hit the nail at the head,,,,let these dumb ethnic jingos be hallucinating about a messiah from a 73 years old man, with no certificate, committed perjury, killed and maimed people in kangaroo trials, clamped down on journalists, caused the worst hardship cuz as an illiterate he doesn’t know how economy works rather just banned essential item when he cant gulvanise the local producers to cover the gap,,,,,a tribal and religious bigot who is ready to do anything to foster and promote his religion and intimidate opposition religion,,,,d list can go on,,,God will not let Esau and his boko haram team take over naija come March 28,,,Goodluck to Nigeria,,,I will vote for freedom and continuity,,,GEJ is our president!

11. BB

February 7, 2015 at 6:29 pm

U are bias here. U didn’t state it that Buhari voted again Nigerian & Nigeria in favour of Niger at OAU when he was the head of state btw 1983-1985 & that makes him the only President/Head of State that has ever voted against his own country.

U did not also tell us that he is against women becos he never wanted & still do not want women to function even in a civilized world. The first time i listened to his campaign, the first thing he said was that he will close down the office of d first lady, we all know that that is the office that empowers women. I am a woman & I will not vote for him. I also urge my fellow women not to vote for him.

Like someone said to me, a vote for Buhari is a vote for Tinubu.

I av not insulted anybody, so don’t insult me.

• Modele

February 8, 2015 at 12:31 am

@BB
      The office of the first lady is totally unnecessary and irrelevant. The position of the first lady is not an elected position nor an appointed one. The spouses of our politicians mainly use it as their own avenue for siphoning our national wealth to their own purse . We already have Ministry of Women Affair which is constitutionally recognised and responsible for women development and empowerment. In most developed nations, wives of presidents and prime ministers do not have offices of first lady but merely support their spouses. Some of them contribute to the national development as well by setting up their own charities and voluntary organisations, but these charities are not funded by or budgeted for by the Government, but these wives raise money through public donations, their personal contributions e.t.c to bankroll the activities of their organisations. In countries like the United States, where such office exist, they are only responsible for hospitalities, social and ceremonial events in the White House. However, here in Nigeria several billions of naira are budgeted every year for the office of the first lady that is not constitutionally recognised and has no clear responsibilities. We do not need this wastage, frivolities and distractions, rather let these money go into Ministry of Women Affairs, where elected or appointed public office holder can properly account for them. In the current system , do you see Presidents bringing their spouses to book if their spouses mismanage money allocated to their office ? No it is not possible, the matter will rather be dealt with in the bedroom- do you not see conflict of interest.
      I am a woman, and I am in favour of this office being scrapped. One of the several reasons I am voting Buhari

12. EllesarisEllendil

February 7, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Its articles like this that make me wary of the West, IMO I believe Nigeria should stop looking Westward and hire Diplomats that speak Chinese, Japanese and Indian or better yet look inwards and seek to reclaim our giant of Africa status like Murtala Mohammed tried to do. The West has been horrible! for us.

13. Funsho

February 7, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Have we forgotten Obasanjo was a military man ? and reigned when the all them Buhari did

The only time he used his military brain was to deal with terrorism like situations and nipped things in the bud .

We Nigerians are stubborn and spoilt, its time for discipline

He supports women that’s why his wife came out disgracing giant of Africa screaming there is God oh! Damn!

The women chilling in private jets and bullet proof cars . Please

As regards Osinbajo I won’t be voting because he is Yoruba , (besides I said I do not support Buhari either. he has his own commas too) I would consider him because he showed intelligence in the way he conducted his interview,

That is the kind of leader I want my kids to watch on TV and be motivated to be like . Not brain cringing interviews some of our leaders have conducted e.g Ngozi Iweanla on the fuel ish, GEJ

Forget all these Oyinbo sugar cane era . Please Obansanjo gave it to them in his era so it is even Jonathan that strikes me as someone that will suck up and sell our birth rights .

Billions of naira missing every day . No leadership no discipline everyone is just doing anyhow because they always get a way with it .

Pounds almost 300 naira just 6 years of handling the economy haha!

Please now Nigerians ! Please now for the sake of our kids take things serious and use this opportunity wisely. The next time you would have a say is 4 years from now ,

How many more lives should we lose because we have refused to be thoughtful .

It is time for a little fear !

• Iris

February 7, 2015 at 9:26 pm

With regards to Obasanjo and “nipping things in the bud”, the people of Odi may have something to say about that.

• kenny

February 8, 2015 at 5:07 am

High exchange rate is a good thing. It makes ur exports cheaper. We are a consumer society that boasts about how much I bought this car not how I produced this car. That’s y high exch pains us. Get that right. Most oil blocks are owned by northeners yet the northeast, northwest and north central are d poorest in that order. Next round of oil blocks Is due 2016 that’s their trepidation. At oau, buhari voted for a nigerien Fulani against Peter onu that statesmen like late Julius nyerere begged him 4. NEVER in the history of mankind have I seen such!!! U don’t know buhari. Northern Christians will rather be ruled by Lucifer than him. Such a parochial, narrow minded man

14. nene

February 7, 2015 at 7:45 pm

@EllesarisEllendil so you mean Tinubu’s Burdillion is not tarred with the best materials and Alimosho,Iyana Ipaja are tarred??????

The toll gates was built in Lekki and not Tinubu’s state of the art tarred Bourdillion road????

Shehu Shagari was not spared to do house arrest while Alex Ekwueme,Jakande, was in jail????

Tell your mum also to complete the story.

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 10:43 am

Shehu Shagari an ex-president so his former title sort of shielded him from jail time and gave him house arrest…in our present times GEJ would likely get house arrest while his cronies will likely get well deserved jail time, hopefully in kiri kiri…

15. NNENNE

February 7, 2015 at 7:53 pm

@Funsho….I support GET for many reasons I have enumerated in BN before. TRIBE or RELIGION is not one of them.

As for the “Economist”, believing them is like believing that Mongo Park discovered the Niger.
    Africa has indeed come of age!
    When did they start having our well being in their heart? Why are we in this mess to begin with?
    GEJ is the best of the two evils please.

• Evly

February 8, 2015 at 8:51 am

Yes we know you support GEJ but what are your valid reasons for supporting him? Give us points that we can see because it seems all GEJ supporters keep building castles in the air and they talk the loudest without really saying anything at all.

16. NNENNE

February 7, 2015 at 7:53 pm

** I support GEJ**

• Evly

February 8, 2015 at 8:48 am

17. naijaboi

February 7, 2015 at 7:56 pm

A playboy doesnt neccesarily display d same traits when he becomes a husband. Same man different scenarios/responsibilities. Buhari the head of state won’t neccesarily be the same as buhari the president. He didnt have a senate or house of reps to contend with then, he will now. he was responsible to the the army/powers that be then. Now he will be responsible to the nigerian people.
    Besides I dont recollect Buhari being dictatorial during his tenure as PTF chairman.
    just like the article pointed out…the man isnt without sin. But if we can ask the Almighty for forgiveness why cant we forgive ourselves. The problem is bad timing. Any apology tended now will read like a desperate attempt to be elected. Better late dan neva though.
    What is that prayer going around now….mmay God run ur life the same way GEJ is running this country! Any amen?

18. Ife

February 7, 2015 at 8:08 pm

This is not to sway anyone to vote for any of the candidates. Just my view.
    I just can’t stand a salient govt.. Buhari may not have been fair in time past, but in comparison with Jonathan he appears a saint to me. A government that folds its arms while thousands of citizens die daily. After all when there’s life there’s hope which Jonathan is a testimony of anyway. He grew up wretched but still grew up to become the president because no boko haram deprived him of it.

19. Abayomi Oni

February 7, 2015 at 8:16 pm

Egbin power worked after 17 years of abandonment under GEJ

Nigeria produce cars NOT ASSEMBLE cars since 1914 under GEJ

Zungeru Sinohydro almost completed under Jonathan

Farming became a respected profession under Jonathan-

Our farm produce previously not accepted in Europe and America are now accepted upon establishing world class Testing laboratory certified by the international bodies.

More so i beleive our democracy under Jonathan can be likened to America and Europe.

I beleive that human thrive where their is self initiative and freedom

I have choosen not to throw the baby away with the bath water and as such i will give Jonathan another chance and if he doesnt performthen APC should get ready with a viable candidate for 2019.

I see Jonathan doing well in second term.

• EllesarisEllendil

February 7, 2015 at 8:51 pm

“Farming became a respected profession under Jonathan”-LOL!!! the generation of farmers pre GEJ are rolling in their graves.
      “Our farm produce previously not accepted in Europe and America ” *All the groundnut in the Grounut pyramids must have been going to mars then, not to mention our cocoa and palm oil*.

20. Ife

February 7, 2015 at 8:20 pm

A government that makes insustainable policies. A government that depends on only one source of income. A government that encourages a balance of trade deficit ( import exceeds export by a great percentage) despite the calibre of officers in his cabinet. Naira was devalued independent of other factors defeating its purpose. When a currency is devalued, it’s government is trying to encourage the world to buy more of its currency so as to encourage more investment in its country, but usually in conjunction with devaluing its currency, the government is supposed to make its country attractive , stable and provide necesities like electricity, water, good roads etc. pls why would other countries want to buy naira? It’s not a legal tender therefore can only be spent here, who would want to come to invest in Nigeria. All this government is doing is just to make life unbearable for us. I would rather try a new one. What has not been achieved in 6 yrs cannot be achieved in another 4 yrs.

21. Abayomi Oni

February 7, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Obasanjo failed woefuly in the ower sector monies missing, 16billion power saga.Minister (Bola ige) murdered.

Jonathan will do well trust me as he now knows he wouldnt be remembered as clueless. He will salvage him name.

Lets support him

• Maya

February 7, 2015 at 9:58 pm

hmmm…interesting!!! am surprised at how sentimental and shortsighted Nigerians can be! i do not support GMB, but i definitely can NEVER support GEJ. The future of this great, beautiful nation is at stake here, let’s all leave pity/sentiments aside and vote wisely!

22. nene

February 7, 2015 at 8:38 pm

I am ready to support Buharis son if he chooses to contest but certainly not his father.

IBB,OBJ,SHEHU ,BUHARI are our past we do not want to bring to the present.

They have succeded in dividing this nation.

Yaradua gave amnesty to Niger Delta that was Democracy -may his gentle soul rest in peace.

Those are the kind of leaders we need not these crooked old men dividing this nation. Buhari as old as he is speak violence personaly such you will never hear from Yaradua,GEJ,Ribadu etc

23. Peaches77

February 7, 2015 at 9:13 pm

GEJ hasn’t performed to our expectations, but here are a few things he accomplished….

OVER 200 DOCUMENTED LIFE CHANGING PROJECTS OF MR PRESIDENT IN ALL 6 GEOPOLITICAL ZONES ( COMPLETED & ONGOING )
    THIS IS THE DOCUMENT APC WILL NOT WANT YOU TO SEE – IT IS TIME WE EXPOSED MR PRESIDENT!!!!

It was not my intention to publish this now – but time is of the essence. Critique and share to your friends and your family. I compiled this having seen a dearth of Mr President’s achievements in the media. I decided rather than complain – I should do something. Please Please critique and share. Spread the hash tag #GEJHasNotDoneJack- Thanks- Ata Ikiddeh
    ………………………………………………………………….
    As the 2015 Presidential elections approaches,both the mainstream and new media outlets have witnessed a robust debate on the achievements of His Excellency, Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan under his Transformational Agenda.While most Nigerians agree that Mr President has achieved beyond all expectation, others motivated by party politics refuse to admit the improvements in our social, economic and political life as a nation.These ones have cleverly flooded the media with negative and false reports about Mr President’s achievements. It is time for us to stand up and tell the truth.
    In the last four years, Mr. President has secured over two hundred achievements across the nation; some are completed and ongoing projects, others are policies that have improved the protocols of governance in our nation. The list we have compiled is in no way exhaustive, its intention is to give you the reader a holistic overview of what Mr President has achieved in four short years. We are constrained to say, he might well be the best performing President since Nigeria’s independence. But we will leave you to be the judge. Thank you.
    (Compiled by Transformational Agenda Fact Finders – Ata Ikiddeh)

OVER 200 ACHIEVEMENTS OF PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN FROM 2011 – 2015
    (COMPLETED & ONGOING, PROJECTS AND POLICIES)
    FOUR YEARS OF UNPRECEDENTED TRANSFORMATIONAL AGENDA

1) CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW ABUJA – KADUNA RAIL TRACK: President Jonathan’s administration has constructed the new world class infrastructural project; the Abuja-Kaduna Rail is ready. [WATCH VIDEO ON YOUTUBE)

2) OPERATION AQUILA: Operation Aquila under President Jonathan has helped reduce up to 20 million litters a day in PMS subsidy fraud by using technology to track the movement of petroleum around Nigeria.

3) DRY SEASON FADAMA FARMING: Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the release of N26 billion for the 2015 dry season farming in the country, the scheme was launched in 2012 and has provided thousands of jobs. According to Mr President, ”not only is food produced, we are now processing food. Food production is rising rapidly and thousands of jobs are being created for our young people.”

4) FIRST EVER N970 BILLION CUSTOMS REVENUE: Over Nine Hundred and Seventy Billion Naira (almost N1 trillion) was realised by the Nigeria Customs Service in 2014. The highest any custom regime has ever collected and declared in the history of Nigeria. This was against the eight hundred and thirty-three billion made in 2013.

5) N120 MILLION NAIRA GRANT TO YOUNG FARMERS: One hundred and twenty two million naira grant has been disbursed to twenty seven young farmers, under the Youth Employment Agricultural Programme, YEAP on 2015, according to The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adeshina.

6) DEVELOPMENT OF A SATELLITE FOR SECURITY AND MINERAL DEPOSIT: National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) is developing an indigenous Synthetic Aperture Radar Satellite which will be helpful in the area of security, mapping out our solid minerals deposit and, also to monitor the coastal areas of Niger Delta.

7) ZERO CASE OF POLIO SINCE JULY 2014: Nigeria has not reported any case of wild polio virus (type one), since the last case was reported last July 2014 in Kano State as revelled at the Expert Review Committee meeting in Abuja.

8) WOMEN EMPOWERMENT & ICT; 2,000 WOMEN TRAINED UNDER G-WIN: 2,000 Women have been trained in ICT under the scheme G-WIN-by Minister of of women Affairs and Social Development – Hajiya Zainab Maina. PROPOSALS/ PLANS; The Nigerian government has unveiled a new Information and Communication Technology, ICT, paradigm for women. It would lead to a greater number of women and youths having unhindered access to IT knowledge for wealth creation and improvement of their socio-economic well-being.The process will provide available infrastructure for women and youths to have easy and strategic access to e-commerce, e-government, e-education and e-society, infrastructure .

9) CONSTRUCTION OF DAMS: The Kashimbilla/Gamovodam is part of the over thirty dams that have been constructed in this administration. Fed Govt has constructed dams to boost water supply across the country – by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe.

10) SOKOTO- YAURI- KONTAGORA ROAD: The Federal Government said has awarded contract for reconstruction of the 655-kilometre Sokoto-Yauri-Kontagora road.

11) GREAT GREEN WALL PROJECT: Curtailing decertification under the Great Green Wall Project (GGW) launched in Kebbi State by Mr President.

12) GRAINS SILO: Construction of 100metric tons of Grain Silos in Kebbi State.

13) REVIVAL OF COTTON INDUSTRY IN ZAMFARA STATE: Fed Govt. has resuscitated the moribund cotton industry in Gasau in Zamfara State. Fed Govt has built 15 ginneries in the State, the grinneries can hold up to 2,000 tons of cotton.

14) N320 BILLION RICE ECONOMY: Local rice production contributed 320 Billion Naira to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country in 2014 – the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )

15) RICE PRODUCTION 760,000 JOBS CREATED: Rice production has created 760,00 jobs, according to the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )

16) FIRST EVER 2.9 MILLION METRIC TONS OF RICE PRODUCTION 2013: Based on the 2013 production of 1.9 Million Metric Tons of rice, the projected production for the 2013 farming season is expected to be about 2.9 Million Metric Tons of high quality rice milled from local sources. 202) Nigeria produces over 9m, making us 85% rice sufficientIn 2009, Nigeria was producing below 5 million tonnes of rice, today we are 85% rice sufficient. “We are going to be the Thailand of Africa”. Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

17) ESTABLISHMENT OF 13 NEW RICE MILLS: Miva Rice Mill is in Benue State, it is one of the thirteen rice mills that have been established under this administration. Before the launch of the Agricultural Transformational Agenda (ATA) in 2011, only one integrated rice mill was functioning in the whole of the country With the recent establishment of the 60,000 Ton Olam Farm due to be commissioned in June,2014, this will bring to 13, the number of local rice mills so far established by this administration. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).

18) ESTABLISHMENT OF GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SUPPORT SCHEME: This has ensured that rice is not just harvested but is also milled in Nigeria and sold directly to Nigerian consumers. Thus, it can be seen that the Federal Government under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan has been putting in place both policies and the enabling environment for the production of small, medium, and large-scale production of rice. This falls directly under the purview of the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GES) for the increase of value chain in the rice producing area of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).
    19) N25.32 BILLION LOAN TO FARMERS: Again, the Federal Government has come to the rescue, by providing access to funds, grants, loans and other assistance notably through the Bank of Industry (BOI) which was recently given a grant of N25.32 Billion for 986 enterprises to offset its expenditure, service farmers and industries with loan facilities, all in a bid to boost rice production. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info)

20) THE FIRST EVER AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT HIRING SERVICES (AEHE): Local farmers can obtain mechanised services through a scheme by the Fed Govt called the Agricultural Equipment Hiring Services (AEHE) for planting, weeding and harvesting. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )

21) NIGERIA’S GAS SUPPLY HITS 2 BILLION CUBIC FEET PER DAY: The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says Nigeria has grown its gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd).The Group Executive Director, Gas and Power, NNPC, Dr. David Ige, stated this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja. Ige attributed the achievement to successful implementation of the Nigeria Gas Master Plan by the Government of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (source Voice of Nigeria)

22) NIGERIA ONE OF THE LARGEST PRODUCERS OF FERTILISER: Nigeria’s growth in her gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd), has already positioned Nigeria to be the largest producer of fertiliser by 2018 and a major exporter.
    SURE-P & ROAD CONSTRUCTION:

23) ROAD CONSTRUCTION- DUALIZATION: Dualization of five (5) key arterial roads – Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Highway.

24) DUALIZATION: Kano-Maiduguri Highway,
    25) RECONSTRUCTION AND DULAIZATION: Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.
    26) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Benin-Ore-Shagamu Expressway.
    27) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Lagos-Shagamu-Ibadan Expressway.
    28) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The new Loko-Oweto Bridge over River Benue linking Nasarawa and Benue States.
    29) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The Second Niger Bridge in Onitsha/Asaba linking Anambra and Delta States.
    30) COMPLETION OF 62 ROADS ACROSS THE NATION: Oturkpo-Oweto Road (Section in Benue State
    31) Completion of Otukpa-Ayangba-Ajaokuta-Okene Road in Kogi State
    32) Completion of Ningi-Yadagumgume-Fuskar Mata Road (Phase II) in Bauchi State
    33) Completion of Yana-Shira-Azare Road in Bauchi State
    34) Completion of Wukari-Takum Road in Taraba State
    35) Completion of Benin-Ofosu Expressway in Edo States
    36) Completion of Enugu-Abakaliki Road in Enugu/Ebonyi States
    37) Completion of Ogoja Junction-Ikom Road in Cross River State
    38) Completion of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road in Ekiti State
    39) Completion of the Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin road section I (Ibadan – Oyo) in Oyo State.
    40) Completion of the Reconstruction of Vom-Manchok road in Plateau State.
    41) Completion of the Repairs of 3rd Mainland Bridge (Phase II), covering additional works for the replacement of 8Nos. Expansion Joints in Lagos State.
    42) Completion of the Dualization of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Section I) and Onitsha Eastern Bypass, in Anambra State.
    43) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Uba-Mbalala road in Borno State.
    44) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto road (Section II: Gusau-Talata Mafara) in Zamfara and Sokoto States.
    45) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Obiozora-Uburu-Ishiagu Road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.
    46) Completion of the Access Road to Kaduna Refinery in Kaduna State.
    47) Completion of the Construction/Rehabilitation of Gbogan-Iwo road in Oyo State.
    48) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.
    49) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Katsina-Daura road in Katsina State.
    50) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Ijebu Igbo-Ajegunle- Araromi-Ife-Sekona Road (Section II), in Ogun State.
    51) Emergency reinstatement of collapsed section of Gombe-Potiskum Road, (at Km 12) in Gombe State.
    52) Rehabilitation of road Spur from Onitsha-Owerri road to Okija-Ihembosi-Afor Ukpor-Ebenator-Ezenifite in Anambra State.
    53) Construction of 15km Interstate road from Aiyegunle-Akoko Edo in Ondo and Edo States.
    54) Completion of the Rehabilitation of access roads to Warri Refinery in Delta State.
    55) Completion of the Dualization of Access Road to Onne Port in Rivers State.
    56) Construction of Gombe-Bypass in Gombe State.
    57) Rehabilitation of Odo Oba-Takie-Gambari-Otte-Oyo State border along Ibadan-Oyo Ogbomosho-Ilorin road in Oyo State.
    58) Emergency Reinstatement of collapsed section of Wukari-Mutum Biyu road in Taraba State.
    59) Reinstatement of Washouts at km6+750, km30+400 and km35+325 along Onitsha-Enugu dual carriageway in Anambra and Enugu States.
    60) Emergency reinstatement of Washout/Gully erosion at KM127+000 at Auchi along Okene-Benin road and Km14+000 along Auchi-Agenebode road in Edo State.
    61) Construction of Langtang-Lalin-Tunkus-Shendam Road in Plateau State.
    62) Rehabilitation of old Oyo-Ogbomoso road in Oyo State
    63) Rehabilitation of Omuo-Ifaki road in Ekiti State.
    64) Rehabilitation/Reconstruction of Lafenwa Bridge in Abeokuta in Ogun State.
    65) Rehabilitation of Gombe-Numan-Yola road section II: Numan- Gombe in Adamawa and Gombe States.
    66) Rehabilitation of Otta–Owode road in Ogun State.
    67) Rehabilitation of Mararaba-Pambeguwa-Saminaka-Jos road section I (Mararaba-Panbeguwa) in Kaduna State.
    68) Rehabilitation of Anka-Daki Takwas-Gummi road in Zamfara State. Reconstruction and Pavement Strengthening of Ikom-Mfum Road in Cross River State.
    69) Reconstruction of Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) in Ebonyi and Cross River States.
    70) Rehabilitation of Okija-Uli-Oguta Road in Imo State.
    71) Rehabilitation of Asphalt Overlay of 2km Access Road to the Federal Science & Technical College in Edo State.
    72) Rehabilitation of Hadejia-Nguru Road, Phase I (Hadejia-Kirikasama Section) in Jigawa State
    73) Rehabilitation of Benin-Ofosu Highway in Edo State
    74) Construction of 2 No. Bridges alogn Auchi Polytechnic-Ekperi- Agenebode Road in Edo State
    75) Rehabilitation of Access Road to Ejigbo NNPC Depot in Lagos State
    76) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Section I) in Lagos State
    77) Rehabilitation of Ipele-Ishua Road in Ondo State
    78) Periodic maintenance of Jebba-Lafiaji Road in Niger State.
    79) Periodic maintenance of Takai-Albasu-Gaya Road in Kano State.
    80) Periodic maintenance of Nafada-Gombe Abba Road in Gombe State.
    81) Periodic maintenance of Hong-Mubi Road in Adamawa State.
    82) Periodic maintenance of Okpala-Igwurita Road in Imo State.
    83) Periodic maintenance of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road Section A in Ekiti State.
    84) Periodic maintenance of Dingaya-Galambi-Rungo Road in Sokoto State.
    85) Periodic maintenance of Rumukurshi-Chokocho Road in Cross River State.
    86) Periodic maintenance of Akure-Owo Road in Ondo State.
    87) Periodic maintenance of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road Section B in Ekiti State.
    88) Periodic maintenance of Kurfi-Chiranchi Road in Katsina State.
    89) Periodic maintenance of Lafiagi-Mokwa Road in Niger State.
    90) Periodic maintenance of East-West-Odi Road in Bayelsa State.
    91) Periodic maintenance of Lafia-Doma Road in Nasarawa state.
    92) Construction & Rehabilitation of Vandeikya-Obudu Cattle Ranch Road,
    Phase I in Benue State.
    93) Construction of Abriba-Arochukwu Road, Phase I in Abia State.
    94) Rehabilitation of Makurdi-Gboko Road, Phase I: Wunnune-Yendev Section in Benue State
    95) Construction of Ohafia-Oso Road in Ebonyi/Abia States.
    96) Rehabilitation of Section 1A of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega- Kontagora-Makara Road, Phase I in Sokoto/Kebbi/Niger States.
    97) Reconstruction of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makara Phase I, Section I in Niger State.
    98) Reconstruction of Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road Phase I in Jigawa State.
    99) Construction of Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba State.
    100) Rehab. of Alkaleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi State.
    101) Construction of Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa Ebenebe (Anambra State Border) with Spur to Aaha-Iwollo Road in Enugu State.
    102) Constr. of Offa By-Pass at Offa in Kwara State. 31.87%
    103) Construction of Ikot Ekpene Border-Aba-Owerri Road, Section I, Phase I in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo States. 21.95%
    104) Rehabilitation of Calabar Ugep-Ogoja-Katsina Ala Road, Section I (Calabar-Ugep) in Cross River State. 53%
    105) Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Dual Carriageway, Section I (Lagos-Shagamu) in Lagos/Ogun States -11.0%
    106) Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Dual Carriageway, Section II (Shagamu-Ibadan) in Ogun/Oyo States -8.93%
    107) Construction of Yenegwe-Okaki-Kolo Road in Bayelsa State -46.05%
    108) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Section II, Phase II in Lagos State.
    50.53%
    109) Rehab. of Mokwa-Bida Road in Niger State-25%
    110) Rehabilitation of Akure-Ilesha Road in Osun/Ondo States-20%
    111) Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway, Section I (Lokpanta-Umuahia Tower) in Abia State – 8.02%
    112) Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway, Section II (Umuahia Tower-Aba Township Rail) in Abia State-3.5%
    113) Under Water Inspection, Assessment of Pilings, River Bed, Bathymetric Survey, Profiling and Echometric Test of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State-100%
    114) Construction of Kankara-Gurbi Road in Katsina State-0.1%
    115) Construction of Isoko Ring Road in Delta State -0.78%
    116) Rehabilitation of Yashi-Duguri-Digare-Yalo Road (Yashi-Duguri- Digare Section) in Bauchi State -2.52%
    117) Constr. of Jarmai Bashar Road in Plateau State -0%
    118) Rehabilitation of Wukari-Akwana Road in Taraba State.5%
    119) Construction of Ajase-Ipo-Offa-Erin Ile-Osun State Boundry in Kwara State-12%
    120) Construction of Takum-Dogon Gawa Road (Katsina Ala-Takum) in Taraba State -3.12%
    121) Construction of River Ebba Bridge at Cheche, Katcha in Niger State -2.73%
    122) Rehabilitation of Amanwaozuzu-Uzoagba-Eziama Orie-Amaohia Road in Imo State-12.03%
    123) Construction of Bida-Sacci-Nupeko Road in Niger State- 0.2%
    124) Reconstruction of Nung Udoe-Etinan-Ekom Road in Akwa Ibom State-0.74%
    125) Construction of Benin-Adumagbae-Egba-Akure Road in Ondo State – 0.70%
    126) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Birnin Gwari-Kaduna Road (Ilorin-Jebba Section) in Kwara State – 0.67%
    127) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Kabba-Obajana Road in Kwara/Kogi States-1.00%
    128) Rehabilitation of Mubi-Maiha-Sarao Road with Spur from Mubi-Bukula in Adamawa State-1.5%
    130) Rehabilitation of Tumu-Pindiga-Kashere (Gombe State)-Futuk-Yalo (Bauchi State)-Bashar-Dengi (Plateau State) in Bauchi State-4.93%
    131) Dualization of Kano-Katsina Road Phase I: Kano Town at Dawanau Roundabout to Katsina State Border in Kano State-0.27%
    132) Completion of Igboile-Okin Connector Road in Surulere LGA, Oyo State-12.20%
    133) Construction of Ihiala-Orlu Road in Isseke Town- Amafuo-Ulli with Spur (Ihiala-Orlu-Umuduru Section) in Anambra State-1.54%
    134) Constr. of Ikemba Drive with Spur on Oba- Okigwe Road, through Permanent Site of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital in Anambra State-8.41%
    135) Rehabilitation of Amugo Uno-Oriemba Market – Amugo Isiorji Onuani Road in Enugu State-16.44%
    136) Rehabilitation of Amanwaozuzu-Uzoagba-Eziama-Orie-Amaohia Road in Imo State-12.03%
    137) Construction of Overhead Pedestrian Bridge in Mosogar and Oghara in Delta State-34.60%
    138) Rehabilitation of Abalamabe (Allison Hart) 65m Bridge in Bonny, Rivers State – 1.01%
    138) Construction of Access Road to Federal Facilities at Antorun-Temidire in Ogbomosho, Oyo State-2.36%
    139) Rehabilitation of Burnt Marina Bridge and Maintenance of Eko (Akpongbon) and Iddo Bridges in Lagos State-7.5%
    140) Emergency Repairs of Apapa-Oworonshoki-Ojota Expressway in Lagos State-100%
    141) Emergency Repairs of Existing Niger Bridge at Onitsha/Asaba in Anambra/Delta States-5.4%
    142) Acquisition and Utilization of Multi-User License and Satellite Imagery of Nigeria (for Office of the Surveyor-General of the Federation)

143) THE NEW NATIONAL BIOMETRIC SYSTEM: Under Goodluck Jonathan the New National Biometric system has detected and deleted over 73,000 Ghost/Fake pensioners from the Head of Service and police pension office! With the ELIMINATION of ghost workers over N162 billion naira has been saved.

144) CONSTRUCTION OF 35 ALMAJIRI SCHOOLS: The Fed Govt under Dr Goodluck has constructed 35 Almajiri Schools in the North to educate destitute children that roam the streets to beg. Federal Government target is to build 400 of such schools in the North.

145) NATIONAL CONFERENCE: The Nigerian National Conference was organized in 2014,.There were about 492 delegates that represented a cross-section of Nigerians including the professional bodies group. The Conference was headed by retired Chief Justice Idris Legbo Kutigi. The conference recommended a two-tier structure of Federal and State governments that vests the responsibility of the administration of the existing 774 local governments in the states. It also approved the creation of state police and the drafting of state constitutions, all of which are in response to many years of agitation to permit the states greater autonomy in local administration and in the maintenance of law and order.
    146) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.

147) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.

148) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.

149) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.

150) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.

151) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West

152) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.

153) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.

154) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.- (Source 148 – 156 http://www.nollywoodmagazine.com)

155) Promotion and practice of true democracy by creating an enabling environment where people from diverse backgrounds and with divergent views and opinions can be accommodated. Under the watch of Goodluck Jonathan administration, the APC was registered by INEC as a mega opposition party big enough to challenge the PDP at both state and national levels. This would have been unthinkable some years back.

156) Conduct of free and fair elections in the country, including the 2011 poll which was adjudged to be the most credible election of its magnitude that has ever been conducted in the country, though it was not without its flaws. Unlike in other administrations, the Goodluck Jonathan administration has given a free hand to the country’s electoral umpire, INEC, to perform its statutory duties.

157) Relative non-interference with electoral and judicial matters. This is evident in the number of governorship elections that have been won both at the polls and in the court by opposition parties in Anambra, Imo, Osun states, among others.

158) Liberalization of the press and guaranteeing the freedom of speech in a country where the stifling of the press and suppression of the citizens’ right to freedom of speech used to be the norm, a legacy of over 30 years of military rule. The existence of vocal anti-government media houses and critics would have culminated in some high-profile assassinations some years back, but today citizens are free to air their views whenever and wherever they like just like any other sane country.

159) Opening up of Nigeria to the global business community and becoming Africa’s number one destination of foreign investors. In the first six months of 2014, a total of US$9.70 billion or N1.51 trillion flowed into the national economy as foreign direct investments (FDI).

160) Under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria rebased it’s GDP for the first time in over a decade to become the largest economy in Africa, overtaking South Africa and Egypt in the process.

161) Proceeds from Nigeria’s non-oil exports rose to 2.97 billion by the end of 2013, up from 2.3 billion in 2010.

162) Initiation of the YOUWIN program in 2011. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) program aims to generate over 100,000 jobs for innovative unemployed youths across the country in the course of three years. It is currently in its third year.

163) Nigerians are now a step closer to being fully integrated into the international e-commerce community with the approval and re-inclusion of Nigeria as one of the Paypal-compliant countries after being banned from using the service at the peak of the advanced fee fraud (419 scams). With Paypal, Nigerians can now pay for goods and services online from anywhere in the world.

164) Goodluck Jonathan administration is the one behind the revival of the dead automotive industry in Nigeria. Global auto giants like Peugeot, Nissan and Hyundai now either assemble or wholly manufacture small cars, Sport Utility Vehicles, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition to that, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM), Nigeria’s flagship indigenous automaker, has begun the sale of their first made-in-Nigeria cars and SUVs in August 2014.

165) Under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria became the first country in West Africa to host the World Economic Forum (WEF) in 2014. It was also the most successful World Economic Forum for Africa (WEFA) in history, boasting of a global reach of 2.1 billion people according to estimates.

166) Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote’s net worth increased from US$2.1 billion at the start of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration to US$23 billion in 2014, making him Forbes’ richest black person in the world and the overall 26th richest in the world. He attributed this mammoth increase in his monetary worth to Goodluck Jonathan administration favourable economic policies.

167) Revival of the comatose railway system of transportation in the country is happening under the current Goodluck Jonathan administration.

168) Remodelling, beautification and standardization of airports across the country. In addition to that, aircraft from Nigeria are now allowed to fly directly to the United States of America instead of going through many stopovers in Amsterdam and some other European cities along/in the route. The Akanu Ibiam Airport in Enugu was upgradede into an international airport, directly connecting the South-East region of the country to the outside world for the first time since independence.

169) Computerizing education in the country with the introduction of the computer-based test (CBT) which will be mandatory for all UTME candidates from 2015.
    170) Arresting the outbreak of the deadly and highly contagious Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in record time, though it unfortunately claimed some lives at the onset.

171) Nigeria has reduced its food imports by over 40% as of 2013, moving the country closer to self sufficiency in agriculture.

172) Nigeria is the world’s largest producer of cassava with an output of over 45 million metric tonnes in 2014 according to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO).

173) Due to favourable economic policies, Internet penetration in Nigeria has now increased from about 45 million in 2011 to 63 million in 2014, overtaking countries such as the United Kingdom and France in the process. What this means is that more people now use the internet in Nigeria than in the UK and France.

174) As of the second quarter of 2014, the number of registered active telephone lines in Nigeria stood at 130 million out of a total of over 170 million telephone lines.

185) Introduction of the Nigerian electronic identity card (e-ID card), one of the most secure in the world d the largest in Africa. The e-ID card serves as both an international identification module and an electronic payment solution.

175) Introduction of the cashless system which aims to encourage the use of e-payment systems in the country and reduce the volume of physical cash in circulation.

176) Unbundling of the dysfunctional Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) into about 18 profit-driven successor companies.

177) Under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations for the first time in 19 years in South Africa in February, 2013.

178) Nigeria ended up with 11 gold , 11 silver and 14 bronze medals at the recently concluded 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, finishing 8th in the overall ranking.

179) 35% Affirmative Action Women in politics have been given more prominent roles in the current President Goodluck Jonathan administration. A large number of the federal appointees of the Goodluck Jonathan administration are women. They include, but are not limited to, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Miriam Aloma Mukhtar, Nigeria’s first female Chief Justice; Diezani Alison-Madueke; ex-aviation minister Stella Oduah, Joy Ogwu, Nigeria’s representatives at the United Nations; Sarah Jibril; and Viola Onwuliri. (Source 157 – 187 Internet – “My Charter For Lagos” )

180) REFINERY REHABILITATION: Rehabilitation of Kaduna oil refinery after 15 years
    181) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Muritala International Airport
    182) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Kano Airport
    183) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Benin Airport
    184) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Yola Airport
    185) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Enugu Airport
    186) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Port Harcourt Airport
    187) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: The Lagos MMA2 Airport
    188) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Asaba Airport
    189) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Calabar Airport
    190) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Dutse Airport
    191) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Ilorin Airport (Sources 190 – 200, LYNAIJA)

192) MASSIVE EROSION / DRAINAGE WORKS: Akwa Ibom State, Ravine, Dominic Utuk Avenue, Uyo

193) MASSIVE EROSION / DRAINAGE WORKS: Akwa Ibom State Oron Local Government Area, Uyo Oron Road

194) CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW RAIL TRACK AJAOKUTA: These include: Ajaokuta – Warri line of 277km;

195) REHABILITATION OF RAIL TRACK AFTER 53 YEARS: Lagos to Kano, this train service is currently in operation. The main line will run from Lagos to Kano (1,126km – an existing metre-gauge route) and a branch loop is to be provided via the capital Abuja which currently has no railway. This is to be the first phase of a 20-year scheme which foresees a standard gauge network of about 8,000km. (Completed)

196) REHABILITATION OF RAIL TRACK AFTER 53 YEARS: Port-Harcourt – Jos – Maiduguri (Ongoing). The second phase of the project will consist of a new line from Port Harcourt to Jos (about 770km). Minister of State in Nigeria’s Transport Ministry Mallam Mohammed Aliyu signed jointly with CCECC president Lin Rongxin. Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo was present at the signing ceremony – See more at: http://www.railwaysafrica.com/…/…/09/09/nigeria-china-sign/…

197) SUPPLY OF NEW TRAIN LOCOMOTIVES: Under Good luck Jonathan the Federal Executive Council has approved the immediate purchase of 25 units of C25 EMPD standard gauge diesel-powered locomotives for the Nigerian Railways Corporation at a cost of N114 billion ($$US76.2 million), preparatory for the concession of the corporation to OPS billed for June next year.”
    (Source Nigerian Railway Corporation Online)

198) 14TH LARGEST PRODUCER OF COCOA IN THE WORLD: Mr. President’s Agricultural Transformational Agenda has positioned Nigeria again as a tending producer of cocoa. In the 60’s Nigeria was number one but slipped in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and witnessed declining fortunes in cocoa production. The new emphasis has seen a revival in cocoa production.

199) CONSULTANCY & CONSTRUCTION OF IBAKA DEEP SEA PORT.: Under President Goodluck Jonathan consultancy on Ibaka biggest deep sea port. has been completed. Construction will commence in 2015.
    200) THE GROUNDNUT PYRAMIDS ARE BACK: Under Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Groundnut pyramids in the 50 & 60’s have made a comeback through the Agricultural Transformational Agenda. Groundnut pyramids can once again be seen in Kano.

201) WORLD BANK POVERTY RATE IN NIGERIA HAS DROPPED FROM 35.2 % IN 2010 TO 33.1%: In 2013 poverty rate in Nigeria has dropped from 35.2 % in 2010 to 33.1% in 2013.Under President Jonathan’s leadership, World Bank poverty rate in Nigeria has dropped from 35.2 % in 2010 to 33.1% in 2013.

202) FERTILISER SOLD DIRECTLY TO FARMERS: The age-long chronic corruption in the gov’t subsidized fertilizer procurement & distribution has been completely wiped out.

203) INSURANCE POLICY HOLDERS FROM 500K IN 2009 TO 1.5MILLION IN 2014: President Jonathan’s smart policies have boosted insurance policy holders from 500k in 2009 to 1.5million in 2014.

204) NIGERIA #1 DESTINATION FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN AFRICA: Under President Jonathan Nigeria became the #1 destination for foreign investment in Africa, attracting $7 billion in 2013.
    NIGERIA THE 3RD FASTEST GROWING ECONOMY IN THE WORLD: CNN declares Nigeria the 3rd FASTEST growing economy in the world, thanks to President Jonathan’s leadership.

205) 1.6 MILLION JOBS UNDER JONATHAN’S GOV’T: The bulk of 1.6 million jobs Jonathan’s gov’t has created are in agriculture, housing manufacturing, and creative industries

#GEJHasNotDoneJack

• Hidden Goldfish

February 9, 2015 at 11:47 am

God bless you!

24. Peaches77

February 7, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Pardon the very long post.

25. Rose

February 7, 2015 at 9:15 pm

From all the stories/comments I’ve been reading about the forthcoming elections, it’s obvious President GEJ is mainly discredited because of the BH crimes in d north. It is quite unfortunate that this insurgency worsened during his tenure. More so because he doesn’t seems to know how to tackle it.
    While I have nothing against Mr Buhari, I often wonder if he is truly the change we seek. We are at a point in history where we are desperate for change, and would grasp at anything that remotely looks like it.
    For the sake of our future, let’s vote wisely.
    Feb.14.15. Love your Vote. Cast your Vote.. All will be well. #praying4naija

26. nwa nna

February 7, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Despotic dictator or fiasco? Hmm, if a despotic dictator will lead and give Nigeria a sense of direction instead of an inept fiasco laden GEJ without any sense of leadership or direction then so be it. GEJ is

27. Ibi

February 7, 2015 at 9:30 pm

I am voting against jonathan because I am tired. i do not think Buhari is perfect. I know it is a risk. But if I vote for Jonathan, sentiments apart, what am I voting for. I am tired of some select few who feel they are entitled to all Nigeria’s wealth and with impunity, get away with stealing. Why is it so easy to get away with corruption. In fact if you steal, they only caveat is to steal a lot so you can do all the necessary ‘settling’. Take a poll of the oh so many ‘security’ companies. Do you know how many of these ‘security men’ are graduates. Please where exactly are the jobs that they are enabling.
    Have you ever seen an elected leader perform better in the second term, even Fashola. This makes me shudder to imagine what will be left of Nigeria after another 4 years of Jonathan.
    I am not crazy about any party. In fact, I live in Lagos and I will vote for Agbaje.
    To those going on about islamization, is that how weak you think we Nigerians are, or do you think it is that easy, are you trying to say a moslem will never be president of Nigeria every again.
    I see no point that counts for Jonathan. I think tribalism and regionalism has even worsened under his rule.
    If the only thing Buhari can do is to deal with corruption and to make people think twice abot stealing Nigeria’s wealth. THat is enough. Sai Buhari.

28. Max

February 7, 2015 at 10:05 pm

Damne the economist and their article don’t need their advice,imagine their lies that nigerians die eight years younger that ghanians,they also said nigeria economy is among the fastest growing in the world is not bcos of Gej govt.well this is politics era,people use every means to pass their point across,even Mitt Rooney said Obama has done nothing and that the republicans are coming to take back the white house yet he lost,so no matter what the economics mag write is their opinion,as for me I urge everyone to join hands to vote Goodluck again cos he is better than buhari.

29. ty

February 7, 2015 at 10:11 pm

buhari buhari buhari……how many times did i call you. Nigeria is waiting for you. they are just scared of change.

30. ufuoma

February 7, 2015 at 10:54 pm

Come rain come sun come thunder,Gej till 2015.Economist or no economist bring mmore articles if u like i will vote Gej,not just me but me and my family

31. ufuoma

February 7, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Gej till 2019

32. nene

February 7, 2015 at 10:56 pm

@EllesarisEllendil. I expected you to at least do your reserch before exposing your self!

Have you traveled abroad with knorr chicken cubes,indomie chicken? Yes they seize them and destroy them at the port of entry and tell you they do not trust that your livestock in its content is healthy and not approved by them.

Yes you find Yams produced in spain and Uganda in UK and America,palm oil produced in Ghana this happend because they don’t legally allow our agric produce.

This is what most of buhari supporters dwell on and so don’t see the foundation being carefully laid by Jonathan.

Get informed, talk and vote wisely

Not an insult at all dearie but felt you need to know.

33. nene

February 7, 2015 at 11:19 pm

@ Ada nnewi ogini di? Ke du ife neme? Nwanne ji nwayo!
    Let’s consider APC lagos state, Tinubu has down played the crimes and havock that occur daily in Lagos.. Do you know how many people are kidnapped on a daily basis that goes unreported and under reported.

Have you not asked for the reason why Jimi is taking Lagos? Simply put its due to high handedness and APC dictatorship. Com ‘on the people perpetuating this evil bokoharam knows they will lure people like you to discard GEJ, never mind we will defeat boko haram.

As for kidnapping don’t be deceived it happens daily,

• Dee

February 8, 2015 at 4:32 am

i laugh in chineses at Jimi taking LAGOS. LOL, go on the streets and stop decieving yourself, the worst of APC is a million times better than PDP . Jimi can keep sharing kerosine but i assure you that the man on the road will stick with APC when it comes to elections. also Jimi’s latest stunts like sharing kerosine has shown the masses that he is no different from those he claims he is not one of.

• Dee

February 8, 2015 at 5:24 am

by the way you just showed one of GEJ FAILINGS. Security is in the hand of Federal government. Governors do not control of Nigerian security forces so the responsibilty belongs to the federal government. even at that Fashola as a responsilbe governor has time and time again equipped the police with cars and other necessary tools and that is why every Lagosain can testify that crime in Lagos has reduced greatly. if you are talking about states with rampant kidnapping Lagos state would never make that list.

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 5:59 am

Your comment doesn’t deserve a reply but to be kind to you, please go back and read comments from patriotic Nigerian citizens like concerned Nigeria while keeping an open mind…your brain and your generations will thank you…

34. NNENNE

February 8, 2015 at 6:08 am

Did someone write about OBJ “nipping things at the bud?”
    NIGERIANS FORGET EASILY!
    Pray, tell us what he did with the establishment of sharia court in his tenure?
    A country that is multi-religious, why should sharia court be established?
    Do Christians have have canon law. Do traditional worshipers have their own court?
    The establishment of sharia court is the remote cause of Boko Haram if you must know.

You give people their court and they want a caliphate also. Do you really blame them?

35. jane

February 8, 2015 at 8:35 am

Let Gods will be done..but still we need change..the way some white people treat nigerians abroad like seriously..oh i want a new nigeria where all this people will see us as Queens and kings..so i say Sai buhari we are Marching for Buhari come March#smiles.

36. truenigerian

February 8, 2015 at 10:14 am

@ Ada nnewi,I observed that people who insult GEJ are people without education,respect,not sincere, enjoy intimidating people,dictators,cheat,janjaweed, impolite people ,lack home training eg Ada nnewi.

So far on this thread you are the only insultive brat!
    How was Jonathan responsible for your being raped? You dress irresponsibly,at odd time and in a bad company and don’t expect to be raped?

During Buharis regime people where not raped?
    Most GEJ supporters are calmer than an average Buharist!

Your APC call Jonathan,clueless,idiot,foolish,pelt stones, justify pelting of stone that they are angry with Jonathan.

Not to insult the rest of Buhari supporters of course we have few fine personalities among them but majority are too lousy and empty headed chanting sai baba.

Please people should primarily take responsibilities of them selves. I will soon hear that Jonathan was responsible for lack of education in the north who ruled for more than 37 years out of 50 years.

I expect your insultive response as usual and I will give it back to you comensurably.

You have to learn to be polite when you speak and write!

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 10:47 am

Lmao! You my dear are a sorry waste of space…

• ada nnewi

February 8, 2015 at 10:48 am

Keep Calm and Say Sai Buhari!!!:D

37. Toks

February 8, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Did Agbaje really share kerosene! Chai! i’m so disappointed ,i really thought he was different! That is not just bribing the electorate but also dangerous. Kerosene is highly inflammable! I am truly shocked

38. truenigerian

February 8, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I will support GEJ, although not particularly happy on his fight for corruption, he is more willing to learn from his mistake than a Buhari. Also considering what has become of Lagos under APC I am afraid their policies are anti people.

APC will be a regional party and the entire SS, SE, NC, and most SW except APC members in Lagos will be totally sidelined!

39. renee

February 8, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Western media is NOT TO BE TRUSTED. The West itself does NOT practice true democracy and has BLOOD ON ITS HANDS. Most wars going on around the world right now can be rooted back to the West and its thirst for POWER. I, as NIGERIAN, will not take any opinion from mainstream Western Media, especially when the West stands to gain from a broken, and divided NIGERIA. This is OUR MESS, We will FIX IT OURSELVES. We will not look to the West anymore!! Remember that the West has been DIVIDE & CONQUERing AFRICA ever since they arrived on our shores. Their only goal is the keep Africans ENSLAVED and subservient. NAIJAS – look between the lines and DO THE RIGHT THING. The moment you begin to RISE UP, the West will NOT BE YOUR FRIEND, because it does not work to their advantage. Got that? I thought this was the more intellectual of the boring superficial naija lifestyle blogs, whats going on?? hehe.

40. winney

February 9, 2015 at 11:24 am

i am with you all the way my dear but please have you heard the international community was interested for no just cause on any country. Nigerians think again. this means trouble. if i may ask what has the change master done for his own state. charity begins at home. obj has a farm and created employment, Tinubu created employment, believe it or not GEJ created employment even before he became president. what has he done for his home town or state. enlighten me please.

41. udoaku

February 9, 2015 at 1:48 pm

if Gadaffi awakens to rule us ill vote for him.a man that failed to bring back the girls kidnapped by boko haram?and still allowed them to tag his campaign #bring back our goodluck, one who had a 17 year old girl telling him to enact education policies?EDUCATION!! i am a Nigerian and God forbid my country remains like this.If we wont eat,work,have electricity,good roads, at least let us have a good reputation. PDP has been airing wicked adverts about Buhari thats not politics! i hope Buhari sues them for every penny they’ve stolen from this country. Buhari is not the best but when you sit in an uncomfortable chair for so long,any other chair feels better.