News

Police uncover Evil Plot by Domestic Staff to Poison Pastor Ituah Ighodalo & Kidnap his Wife Ibidun for N80m Ransom

Ibidun & Ituah Ighodalo
PM News is reporting an attempted plot by 2 domestic staff to poison Pastor of Trinity House Church Ituah Ighodalo and kidnap his wife Elizabeth R CEO Ibidun for an 80 million Naira random.

Three people are currently under arrest – a dog handler and security guard both employed by the Ighodalos at their home alongside a native doctor. Their plot was in motion but was foiled at an early stage when the couple’s dog died suddenly. Read an excerpt from the PM News report. You can read the complete story HERE.

Police investigation revealed that nemesis caught up with the suspects when the couple’s pet dog named Simba suddenly died from food poisoning at their residence at Ikoyi, Lagos.

Suspecting a foul play, the couple contacted their dog’s doctor to conduct an examination on it to know the cause of its death and the doctor’s report revealed that the dog died from food poisoning.
The couple reported the incident to the police and the dog handler was arrested and taken to the station for interrogation.

During interrogation, according to the police, the dog handler (Mohammed) from Borno State, allegedly confessed that he mixed poisonous substances given to him by a herbalist with food for the dog to eat and after the dog ate the food it died.

In his alleged confession to the police, Mohammed further said: “The security man in our estate, Eze, brought the information that if we poison my boss to death, kidnap his wife and demand for N80 million ransom we would be rich overnight. And to actualise our mission, I went to consult a native doctor, Ewuosi for help.

“And after explaining my mission to the native doctor, he gave me poisonous black powder, black soap and sponge with a directive that I must use the powder to poison my master’s dog to know the effectiveness of the poison and if it vomits and dies, I should use it to poison anybody.

“After the dog died, we were still planning how to use the poison on my boss and kidnap his wife for ransom before I was arrested. But I don’t know how the devil used me to plan such evil against my employers because they were taking good care of me. I pray to God to forgive me.”

The prosecutor for the case, Chidi Okoye revealed more disturbing details of the plot to Leadership Nigeria Newspaper.

He alleges that the first defendant, who allegedly had sexual fantasies towards Mrs Ighodalo, planned to kill her husband after killing the dog, so that the affection she has for her husband and the dog will be transferred to him.

The defendants were later apprehended after Mrs. Ighodalo said she “prayed and the Holy Spirit revealed” to her that something was wrong.

When the defendants were confronted with the allegation, they confessed to have poisoned the dog and that they were also planning to getting rid of her.

The prosecutor also told the court that the first defendant claimed that he got a black soap and powder from the herbalist who asked him to buy a sponge, bath with it and throw it into the river.

According to Okoye, the native doctor had assured Mohammed that after the bath he would be able to demand for N10m and any other thing he wanted from Mrs Ighodalo and she would give them to him.

Though Mohammed confessed, the 3 accused have all entered non-guilty pleas. They are currently being held at Ikoyi Prisons.

1. Yvonne

February 13, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Some people are so cruel!
    Thank God nothing happened to the couple.
    God please continue to protect them and also grant them their heart desire.

2. Drknite

February 13, 2015 at 8:21 pm

This story is funny and obsured. The Mohammad must be the dumbest dude alive. No wonder his occuation is a dog handler.

3. grace

February 13, 2015 at 8:32 pm

Poison d boss and kidnap the wife… then who pays the ransom? Cos I want to Blve that the poison will kill the boss. It’s either the guy is dumb or he jst put up the story.

4. Rose

February 13, 2015 at 8:34 pm

Thank you God. Thank you. You will always protect your own. Shame to haters.

5. Fatimah

February 13, 2015 at 8:49 pm

Wait, this is another version I am reading. The previous was dumber, it was very convoluted, I was genuinely confused. It involved like two more people, there was love potion, obsession, extortion and of course murder involved.

Hope they get the whole matter sorted out and the guilty one get their deserved punishment.

6. Myne Whitman

February 13, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Police confessions are not always reliable. Did the dog die of food poisoning or poisoned food? There is a difference.

• 4real

February 13, 2015 at 9:34 pm

Myne Whitman . Please what is the difference?

• Beeeee

February 14, 2015 at 10:29 am

Poisoned food is when food has been deliberately poisoned. . Food poisoning is usually not a deliberate act. It can occur for example when food has not been well cooked. More of a bacterial thing..

7. XOXO

February 13, 2015 at 10:08 pm

Food poisoning is when one eats bad or infected food….Poisoned food is when he intention to harm.

8. Ade

February 13, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Thank YOU God. Thank YOU. YOU will always protect YOUR own.

9. lacey

February 14, 2015 at 12:45 am

Why would this calibre keep a local set of domestic staff! Because they are greedy, they do not want properly educated domestic staff!
    It astounds me how the rich and mighty relate with the crop of domestic staff,when they see you talking millions and you pay them peanuts.

• Osa

February 14, 2015 at 1:23 am

YOU DO have a point, but think of the intricACIES OF EMPLOYING EDUCATED DOMESTIC STAFF. I Dont think their intentions had anything to with their socio-economic status

• Marc Francis of Chelsea

February 14, 2015 at 1:25 am

So I should start paying my maid N100k/month? Please sit on ice.

• Ada Ora

February 14, 2015 at 5:16 am

Shey it’s your brother with a degree that will agree to be dog handler? No prob is ppl get greedy! You see me today and ave no idea the path I took to get to now, the hard work, prayers said. If I told you, you wouldn’t do it, yet you want my money!

• anonymous

February 14, 2015 at 6:04 am

Lacey I liked ur comment, but u got me thinking,because u think educated helps will not want to kidnap or kill? I think evil is evil!educated helps would have outsmarted ibidun, wonder how ibidun quickly knew there was foul play? She is lucky the holy spirit showed her or she has a sixth sense or guardian angle? Because the plan to kill her hubby first was foolish,who would have paid ransome ?

• Gina

February 14, 2015 at 11:00 am

you also amaze me by your level of thinking, if no one employs the not properly educated ones who will? And how are you sure they pay them peanuts?

• Engr. Lekan

May 21, 2016 at 8:29 am

Yes Gina, he is right, those guys must have been paid with peanuts……if they were well paid they wouldn’t have been looking for a deadly way to be rich. Infact they wouldn’t have been thinking of killing their boss…… And they were so dumb , not to have realised that the boss that have the money was the target of their evilish plan, if the boss is dead, how will he pay their ransom for the kidnapped victim……they should rot in jail.

• nawah

February 15, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Esss….hush it dere,even an educated staff will be d one to do worse!!!

10. anonymous

February 14, 2015 at 6:08 am

Good to be smart, ibidun is smart, physically and spiritually, if not by now hmmm……….mayb rich pple shld pay their staff well duno

11. MYAFIYAH

February 14, 2015 at 7:17 am

LACEY.. WHAT ARE U ON ABOUT? EDUCATED SECURITY GUARDS IN NIGERIA? SURELY YOU CANNOT BE IN TOUCH WITH REALITY. 99.9% OF ARTISANS ARE ILLITERATE. THERE IS A GOING RATE FOR DOMESTICS AND IT PAYS ONE TO BE SMART AND STICK TO THAT BALL PARK FIGURE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU LIVE IN CHINA AND ARE FAR REMOVED FROM THE REALITIES OF THIS SOCIETY. GOD PROTECT US ALL

12. Dee

February 14, 2015 at 7:33 am

@lacey – Obviously you do not live in Nigeria. If you did, you would know that education has no relation with the fact that someone can plan to harm you. Go and ask the educated armed robbers, why they do what they do….It’s called poverty and affect all – educated, half-educated, and illiterate…..

13. chioma.

February 14, 2015 at 7:35 am

The world is evil. So it does not matter if they are counting millions and paying peanut.

14. Ablaku

February 14, 2015 at 7:42 am

Just wondering what a Mohammed is doing with an Ewuosi for spiritual help…do this correlate?

15. Zen

February 14, 2015 at 9:47 am

This story is just weird, doesn’take sense.

• Anon

February 14, 2015 at 3:18 pm

I’m trying to connect the dots…

16. Kashambila

February 14, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Sounds like a plot in Nollywood movies! Lol! Maybe they learned from watching Nollywood movies. LOL! Dumbest criminals, thank God they were really dumb to carry out their evil act!

17. Diuto

February 15, 2015 at 4:31 am

I believe we are not reading the full story cos what BN reported has some unexplained scenarios. Pst Ituah & Ibidun could have been paying their staff very well for all we know. However, we all know that the heart of man is desperately wicked.
    Even if they were educated domestic staff as someone suggested; they could still decide to rob or kill you. They could even be paying them btw 30-100k a mth. Once the person is greedy & wants moni in millions, believe me an evil plot would be hatched to achieve the millions. Thank God their lives were spared

18. Dom!!!

February 17, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Haba!!!! people!!!! and they pleaded NOT GUILTY??? so who is guilty, na your papa abi???

19. tabatu

March 3, 2015 at 8:34 pm

My name is tabatu, I work with the human right commission. I hv carefully studied this case and carried out a personal research in line with my job ethics. As at the day the accused were brought to the tinubu court at lagos island, they were all conveyed in pastor ituah ighodalo wife SUV. Does it mean that the nigeria police no more understand the ethics of their job or they are tryn to play the puppet as usual to the money talk and bull s-t works. I Observed carefully as they walk d boys accused of committing d crime to the court and discovered shocking bruises on the faces of this guys especially the fairer one who was almost blinded and disfigured and also the dark one. There was total pandemonium in the court premises as they where been prepared to face d magistrate. Before the court begging to sit I seeked the consent of the Persecutor chidi okoye to speak to the defendant. The first person I spoke to was the dog keeper who narrated his ordeals. He started by saying that he was contracted by a Benin guy to look after the pets of Mrs ighodalo about 6weeks before the incident, he went ahead to say that it is quite a shameful act to have brought the name of his family to disrepute, with tears gushing down his eyes he said sir I have been possessed to carry out this act by unknown forces, my boss Mrs ibiduni always dresses indiscriminately around d house and there by defusing all d staffs. In my dream I see her telling Me to make love to her and when I do I see her Carring babies.

20. tabatu

March 3, 2015 at 8:36 pm

I also spoke to the other fellow called the habalist who out of aggretion yelling in low tone in yoruba missed with English broken that he is a certified harbal practioner who is know to be be selling all maner of harbal medson to people, he claimed that the dog keeper had always come to him requesting for a medson that will make the boss love and he would want some concussions to elimanate some pets that disturb him in his compound which he did supplied him the concussion on known to known to him what what the end result was going to yield.he continued that he was in his house when the police men came to pick him up for case he was not allowed into the clear picture. Finally it was the turn of the yellow fellow called Eke Paul, as he claimed to be. When I confronted him he said in a low tone, oga am just dieing for what I don’t know I hushed him and said to him that u are the kidnapper and he looked into my eyes with his left eye full of blood and a swollen lips and tiers came down, and he said if only God can open his hearth for me to see the truth and I said to him and what is the truth he was about talking when they where called outside that the ill want to see them. I gradully followed them down with about 3meters away. Low behold I saw this people neiling down and asking the complainant for pardon.the security guy called Paul layed on the floor infront of the pastors wife

21. tabatu

March 3, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Hmmmm, having listened extensibly the Register started giving signs to people to sit properly for the magistrate was about coming out. I took I a deep breath and try to move back and Paul shaked his cuffs and said oga am innocent, and he said, oga how can i assist some one to kill his boss he intends to sleep with his wife. What is my benefit and if the husband was to be killed as claimed who will any one kidnap for ransom, is it the wife who will eventully be inherrited by the dog keeper. Am I the one that has been bathing with the black soap or the person that killed the dog. I have only seen this dog for about 4 times withen the six weeks he has worked with his boss when he passes with dog or come to buy recharge card just as I see the drivers and security come to buy card. Please ask him here why he implicated me, because I have asked him and he said the beating was too much and they ask him to name his friends around that was how he called my name. I dnt even the babalawo even the Benin boy that brought the dog keeper for the Mr ighodalo was released without proper investigation because he speaks thesame language with the police.

22. tabatu

March 4, 2015 at 10:29 am

after a while they all left her to meet with the persecutor chidi okoye. sources also revealed to us that there was a bit of misunderstanding inside the meeting room where the pastors Mrs ighodalo ask the police men to slap d habalist. they later came out and left the defendants to back to the court room. I was now pressented with an opportunity to rap up my quetion and answer with d boys. How ever the court room was beggining to get crowded when I met with Paul Eke who happens to d last person I was talking to before they step down. While he was dragging his handcuffed hands and legs with the other I moved closely to him as he sit and said to him what of the rest people that were suppose to carry out the kidnapping with you and he said to me to kidnap who. He continued, do kidnap somebody you don’t know or have direct contact with. That he is innosent of what he is been accused of, I said how and he said oga listen to me if you can as I have never been listen to by any one. Am only a security man in law firm distance away from that woman’s house. I stay put at my gate post and only much of the people I work with.I have never stepped my feet into that woman’s house I dnt even know what she look like ontill the day I was leud into her torchure room by her tugs who came to invite to her house the first time in my life. I was actually sitting infront of our office gate when her driver and 2 other staffs that come to buy recharge card walked to and said pls come and assist us for some thing in their compound.I stood up and told my colleuge that am coming in clear concience. When I got inside the compond I was following them till I got to a room were I found a lot blood on the ground and and on the wall then I now saw a yellow woman sitted, which was the first time I have ever set my eyes on her.before I could raise my head one them head my face with his head my mouth tear,and are u d kidnappers. emediatly the pastors wife commanded them to beat me ,and they kept beating me with stick and iron head belt blows and kicks I was almost dieing when she walked up to me and said if you don’t confess I will kill you and trow you inside the river behind my house she said and no body will know. With my eyes full of blood I ask her confess to what,that don’t know what is talking about. She now narated that her dog keeper pland to kill by poisoning her dog and dog keeper said suggested kidnapping his boss that is why I was brought in here and I told her I dnt even know that dog much not to talk of kidnapping her. The nexting I hard was beat him again he doesn’t want to confess. I was almost gasping to death when they left me and took the other boy out. After some time they came and carried and kept me inside the gate man toilet. I manage to call a woman passing through the window to help me call my co_worker which she did and they came and gave me phone to call my family. I was left inside the smelly and unflushed toilet for over 5hours before the police came and pick us by 10pm from 6pm that I was abducted without any information to those I work for or my parents. After the police had carried me to the station I could not give a comprehensive explanation about my involvement or not, the police started hitting with his batting while on handcuffs and slapping me all over kicking me on my tommy and later wrote the statements by himself. Here I am today for a crime I never dreamt of commiting. You are the only person who has given me a listening ear.

• Amy

May 19, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Your story makes no sense I’m sorry. Your grammar messed up bad. Even if one if them were innocent it would be hard to get justice cos you can’t properly document what you saw and heard. Please improve. You also sound like a rumor monger sha

23. Engr. Lekan

May 21, 2016 at 8:55 am

I think the dog handler and the security man are the main culprits……and they should be dealt with…….they should rot in jail