News

Bola Tinubu Alleges Pres. Jonathan Offered Him Position as VP & He Refused

Bola Tinubu BellaNaija

National leader of APC, Bola Tinubu, is alleging that he rejected an offer from President Goodluck Jonathan to serve as the Vice President in an Interim National Government.

Tinubu made the allegation via a statement by his media office on Thursday, Punch reports. He further stated that because he refused the offer, Jonathan has been seeking ways to “take him out” either by killing him or getting him arrested based on “trumped up charges.”

Here is an excerpt from the statement:

“From what can be gathered through informed sources, the PDP and Jonathan Presidency had recently tried to fracture the APC by offering Tinubu the position of vice President in an interim government if he would agree to part company with the popular Buhari. Once Tinubu rebuffed the offer to participate in the interim scheme, the presidency decided to change tactics. It would no longer try to entice Tinubu with sugar but would now move to silence and if necessary neutralise him.

The APC National leader has caused President Jonathan’s team countless headaches this campaign season, his declining the interim government offer is just the latest.”

However, Director of Media and Publicity of the Peoples Democratic Party Presidential Campaign Organisation, Femi Fani-Kayode, has refuted the allegations.

“These allegations are baseless and false. These people have become prisoners of their own delusions and they have become victims of their horrific and terrifying hallucinations,” he said.

1. ssah

March 13, 2015 at 8:29 am

………and you choose now to reveal this?
    let this election sef come and go abeg.

2. Changing Faces

March 13, 2015 at 8:47 am

Really? How stupid do you think we are Tinubu… So you were offered VP to who? GEJ, Buhari, Ekwueme? Why would GEJ offer you VP in an interim government he won’t head, when he’s still in the running to become president. When exactly did this meeting take place, and as you’re so good with getting proof, where’s it? Who else was at this meeting? Or we should just take your word for it because you’re so trustworthy and truthful…. is this in answer to the Lion of Bourdillon documentary? Why are you not screaming that those allegations are bare faced lies, or are you trying to divert our attention from that? Na wa for these politicians..

3. Taipan!

March 13, 2015 at 9:03 am

Fallacy!!…………….You wish!!

4. barbie

March 13, 2015 at 9:06 am

Honestly I don’t knw why I doubt everyting that comes out of this BAT”s mouth. If not for de fact dat we need. Tings done properly in Nigeria.. I don’t tink any body will touch anyting associated wit him. I pray Buhari if elected won’t. Let dis man come close. If na change Jona. Sef can change ,PDP can change too, abi no be all de governors wey. Dey collect billions every month wey no perform sef de shout change,change for APC

5. honey

March 13, 2015 at 9:09 am

FFK, it is not by speaking big grammar o. With the recent desperation in the PDP camp, I dont put anything past them. I am just tired of these set of people in PDP. They make it more and more difficult to see anything good in the party.
    I wont be shocked if the APC has evidence to back their claim up.

6. Doouglas

March 13, 2015 at 9:21 am

How desperate and gullible can the APC get? I am already tired of this shii about Interim govt. The ruling govt know it won’t even work in this world of today. No one dares it as the UN is ready to act. Do they have to descend low to gain political points? I can beat my chest and say this is 100% false. I hate the condition of the this country and the ruling party but I have come to hate the APC more. With all their influx of failed and disgruntled PDP members, the country will get even worse with these two parties, I’ll rather vote to keep PDP till 2019 and we push either a KOWA of any other youthful party in 2019.

7. amy

March 13, 2015 at 9:37 am

APC are so desperate to win dats y u hear s*its coming out from their mouth… But am so happy because they will rise and fall

8. joliebebe

March 13, 2015 at 9:56 am

If only you know that “they” prefer an interim government instead of having Buhari get there and they all get prosecuted. The slogan is “Anyone but BUHARI”

9. J3nnif3r

March 13, 2015 at 10:25 am

All these politicians are all liars… All of them in this APC were PDP members. What change are they talking about? Politicians are the root of evil in the world… They should allow this blessed country NIGERIA in PEACE..

10. stayce

March 13, 2015 at 11:22 am

And these are the kind of people chanting “CHANGE”? Liars and thieves! Mbok, i shall vote KOWA party. I tire

11. chic

March 13, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Kai… these politicians are actually liars. They just wake up and lie so pple begin to sell Nigeria cheap b4 the outside world. They are so bold to write such news. The same way Ameachi was bold to say CAN was paid to campaign for Jonathan. Na wah.. God please show your self in these coming Election. Let all eyes see you in action otherwise these men have decided to trade the future of the poor for there selfish innterest.

12. les slut

March 13, 2015 at 2:04 pm

I already know d PDP has gat their Game Back ever since d election has been postpone so getting their acts right a lot of pple will definitely vote for Jonathan. So my Precious Vote is going 4 d woman in KOWA party she is tryin her best.
    @stayce thanks 4reminding me

13. nwanyi na aga aga

March 13, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I will vote for KOWA as the two thieving lying idiotic sides keep fighting..When they finish fighting and eliminating themselves, it might be like the Anambra Election when PDP fought and confessed Openly that they rigged the election..So shall APC and PDP confess to their thieving lying scheme and the next best person will win..People lets vote real change..lets forget about the thought of wasting our votes.There is nothing like that,If we all congregate and vote KOWA since we dont believe in APC/PDP change will KOWA not win? I will vote my conscience. I will never cast my vote for any of these thieves who had been or still in govt..

14. Eyes

March 13, 2015 at 5:31 pm

For those of you who re confuse of who to vote for stop being confuse vote for prof. Remi Sonaiya 4 president from KOWA party.

15. NagosBigBoi

March 13, 2015 at 6:09 pm

All una wey dey complain say una no get choice, make una no worry. In 2019 choices go berekete. In fact, we may have too many choices because our constitution is about to be amended to allow for Independent Candidates. Me too I wan run if dem no make the conditions too expensive. Make una remember: NagosBigBoi for President! #NBB2019.

• Beeeee

March 14, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Lmao….I will vote ooo

16. wasili

March 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm

we shall vote for change,time is always New and makes the newly old

17. Shopperoflife

March 13, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Did anyone change Tunubu’s medication?

18. nnenne

March 14, 2015 at 1:44 am

I believe him.Some people love to control from behind. By the end of the day, the figure head gets all the blame and they smile home with their spoils.

19. zinnypearl

March 16, 2015 at 12:47 pm

God let this election come and go am tired of all this rubbish. as for me PDP and APC are the same. they havee given PDP a bad name now they shouting for change. no matter how you wash and dress a pig,he will go back to the dirty pit.. a pig is a pig and will remain apig