News

Court Hearing on 10 Suits Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification Over Certificate Saga Postponed till April

Muhammadu Buhari

A Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday, fixed today, Wednesday March 25th, as the date for further proceedings regarding ten separate suits that are seeking to disqualify APC presidential candidate Muhammadu Buhari from participating in Saturday’s elections.

According to Vanguard, all ten suits seek to disqualify Buhari due to his failure to submit his school certificate along with his Form CF001 to INEC.

Reports state that “plaintiffs argued that failure of Buhari to submit his school certificate to INEC contravened provisions of sections 131 and 318 of the 1999 Constitution and section 31(3) of the Electoral Act, 2010.”

Update:

Punch reports that the hearing has been adjourned till April 22 and 23 respectively.

The report states:

Justice Adeniyi Ademola fixed the date after he dismissed applications by two intended parties to join the suit as defendants. The judge said the adjournment would affect all the pending suits against Buhari in his court.

1. tee

March 25, 2015 at 10:20 am

They have started again o!!!!!May God have mercy on his beloved people….cant even imagine what will happen if they disqualify him. Jona, Jona, Jona hmnnnnnnnn. There is God o!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cameroon

March 25, 2015 at 10:24 am

una no worry me that man ohh

3. Taipan!

March 25, 2015 at 10:34 am

Goodnews!…[email protected] least you will lose without any discrepancies so you wont insight war again as you did 2011

4. ola

March 25, 2015 at 10:42 am

waiting for GEJ’s vuvuzelas to start commenting on this.

• honey

March 25, 2015 at 11:12 am

They have already started. Didn’t you see Taipan’s comment. They be changing names/avatars and commenting multiple times.

• Taipan

March 25, 2015 at 12:48 pm

@Honey, Wetin i do again???? The point is we are all Nigerians and we want a better Nigeria, in all fairness, Gej has tried for the fact he allowed strong opposition, it shows he’s a true democrat. and from now on no politician will beg us for our votes without showing what he did last, not the usual “carry go” like past leaders……….one minute please, let me read what i wrote b4 another person correct me, i no fit shout

5. ama

March 25, 2015 at 10:47 am

@Taipan….”incite war” you mean… clearly GEJ’s education reforms aren’t working

• Taipan

March 25, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Yea…thanks @ least d correction came from a GEJ government and not GMB, we learn everyday…

• Sheri

March 25, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Nice comeback lol

• tetley

March 25, 2015 at 4:12 pm

@ Taipan, may I kindly asked if you had watched the latest BBC interview with GEJ?
      youtube.com/watch?v=PZFy2JmXoEA

You will be dissapointed to have him as a president. His demeanour clearly shows a desperate, angry and unarticulated president.

I still wonder if this man ever had a PHd as claimed. I have met and read about people who are intelligent but not articulate or vice versa. Same as meeting people who are both intelligent and articulate but I really am sorry to say, GEJ has neither of the two.

I watched the Obama speech to Nigeria on our forth coming election and i wondered if there would be a day, GEJ will ever give such a short, intelligent and articulate speech without looking for clues in the paper like he did in the dummy presidential debate last week.

• Opsy

March 25, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Touche…. that was so nice, I smiled. lol

6. Missy J

March 25, 2015 at 11:14 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ….Maybe Justice Adeniyi Ademola now works for APC.

Sidenote…This Buhari Chatham House stuff was really a good initiative. People condemned it saying will Nigerians in UK vote but really they will, saw a picture of a guy living UK to Lagos to vote and hope to return to UK the following monday and I know there are others like that too.

LOOL Justice Ademola is the guy. Come April 22nd & 23rd jareh

7. mee

March 25, 2015 at 11:17 am

@ama, thanks jare for the correction, some people go just open their smelling mouth they vomit rubbish…..smh.

• Taipan

March 25, 2015 at 12:37 pm

@Mee, (Professor) you know it all, you would have noticed it 1st if you were that intelligent, y don’t you talk on the subject matter instead of looking for peoples mistakes since your intellectual class is superb

• cindy

March 25, 2015 at 8:27 pm

@taipan why do you keep upvoting yourself?

8. MAry

March 25, 2015 at 11:21 am

HMMMM….
    this sounds like a plot to me… case adjourned so that if Buhari loses the election all will be well, but if he wins, the judge may give a ruling in favor of the plaintiffs and declare that Buhari was not qualified to contest in the first place.
    I smell pollution in the judiciary….

9. OD

March 25, 2015 at 11:56 am

Justice Adeniyi, thumbs up to you for postponing o. If not wetin for happen if the court rules against him, we no go fit stand am o. Enough of the blood shed abeg.

10. Nkoyo

March 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm

God will show us mercy, and put the right man in power. All this dollar they are sharing money that could have gone in for better infrastructures. Bad leadership to the core…. We just need change.

11. Miss upright

March 25, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Honey and ola please everyone has the right to vote whomever they deem is fit for this post. Stop terrorizing people In support of GEJ. This election has been so biased! People are even scared to come out and praise GEJ or even talk about his achievements for fear of being tagged as someone who has received bribe. Please u guys cannot and will not force Buhari down our throats. We would vote whomever we want to vote. All of u ApC fanatics screaming change when the change expert hasn’t come out to explain to us how he aims to bring about the so called change. Biko if I hear someone insult me cos of my choice u won’t have it easy with me.

• Opsy

March 25, 2015 at 4:49 pm

Miss Upright my foot!!! Ain’t nothing upright about anyone voting a government that has failed consistently for 6 years back into power… I’ll rather have even a rat in power *kmft*

• Miss upright

March 25, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Like I said before it’s my choice and no one should dare call me out! I didn’t force u to vote for uncle jona so why are u ranting? Smh

• Opsy

March 25, 2015 at 7:41 pm

You’ were the one ranting hun, ain’t no one got time for that!!!

12. akin

March 25, 2015 at 2:46 pm

hahahahaha @ mee if you want to write in pigin it is “dey vomit” not “they vomit” you see ,no one knows it all! like @Taipan said we learn everyday.GEJ2019!
    i cant spend tough years at uni to come and be ruled by someone who was wearing agbada in his WAEC picture. who is fooling who?

• Opsy

March 25, 2015 at 4:50 pm

I’m sorry, what Uni? ‘cos I mean…

13. same

March 25, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Shame to all of u, instead of praying for a better nig ur there killing each other with words

14. u