Scoop

Beautiful Screen Divas! Our TV Personalities Keep their Makeup Game On Point

BN Beauty - Bellanaija - April2015

When it comes to bringing their A-game in beauty, our TV personalities sure know a thing or two. By getting their faces all glammed up by some of the best makeup artists in the industry, they show us why they are beautiful stars to watch.

From Eku Edewor and Sika Osei from 53 Extra to the lovely ladies over at Ebony Life TV‘s ‘Moments with Mo‘ and Africa Magic‘s ‘Jara‘ – Dolapo Oni & Helen Paul, we absolutely love their beauty game.

So to appreciate them and all the gorgeous gorgeousness they give us, here are a few makeup looks we are loving from some of our favourite TV personalities! We also have loads of beauties in our Nollywood industry too! Click here to check them out!

Eku Edewor

Marcy Dolapo Oni and Michelle Dede - BellaNaija - April2015

Throwback Photo of Michelle Dede & Dolapo Oni – Desperate Housewives Shoot

Mimi Onolaja

Mimi Onalaja - BellaNaija - April2015

Mimi Onolaja | Makeup by Z.A Makeovers

***

Whose makeup game are you loving?

Photo Credit: @DoranneBeauty | @ZinabAzeez | @MarcyDolapoOni (Instagram)

1. Tee

April 21, 2015 at 2:35 pm

All i see is Z.A makeovers i love their style.. MUA’s on point!!

2. sisi

April 21, 2015 at 2:38 pm

But I’m sorry, shouldn’t makeup be quite classy and tasteful? The makeup on some of these celeb’s you have chosen is just tooooooo much. Did you know that ‘simplicity is the ultimate sophistication’. Please, this is not impressive. Thank you

• Seriously

April 21, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Nah, the more cakey, contouring your whole head, highlighting with blonde, bright lip colors, etc the more beautiful you are. The fake eye extension that looks like feathers. Everybody looks the same. So, I can’t tell who’s naturally pretty or not. Enhance, not change your look. And don’t get me started with the wigs/weaves. I guess, it’s business. The makeup, beauty industry is a billion dollar market.
      Nonetheless, osas and zika’s makeup looks really good, and more natural.

I wash my face with black osun soap, use my cocoa butter vaseline or retinol cream, powder and eyeliner/mascara. It’s worked for me for years now and continue to use it. I enjoy simplicity.

• Temilade

April 22, 2015 at 10:32 am

lol agreed! I’m not a hater I promise but I like everybody’s makeup here, except dolapo oni! I dont like how her face and neck are two different colors, sorry! I love her but the makeup

3. Thatfinegirl

April 21, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I see beautiful hardworking ladies… I like

4. Zoey

April 21, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Why is there so much hype and emphasis on makeup ? What’s happening to natural Beauty? It’s always about makeup!!!! The norm now is about being all dolled up which can heighten insecurities. Don’t people get tired kmt

• IT

April 21, 2015 at 9:44 pm

Well…not everyone is naturally beautiful. Not everyone has nice long hair…live and let live…its funny , whenever I look at magazines from some churches (I have nothing against them by the way) , the women always look so beautiful without makeup as these women never have pimples or scars, they usually have chocolatey,fair or creamy smooth skin with naturally long eye lashes! (these are less than 2% of population)That’s not the real world. In the real world ,we need to cover blemishes and uneven skin tone, we need contouring to make our chubby cheeks slimmer, we need to hide the dark circles under our eyes that arise from stress, poor sleep etc… No woman wants to be ugly…thank God for makeup…it is a prayer answered for many …a dream come true…a place of hope for the ones who have been branded “UGLY” or not easy to the eyes….by the way I happen to be a relatively fine girl (been told many times) ..I’m just saying!

5. Shunthatshit

April 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Everything must be smokey eyes, Ruby Woo lipstick, obvious lip lining, wedding ‘Banke Meshidaesque’ eyeshadow, heavily contoured nose & cheekbones, & RuPaul (drag Queen) eyebrows with Nigerian Makeup artistes. All of these excesses in that hot ass Lagos? Must your subjects look edgy, like fictional characters, & “beat to death” with makeup? Are each of them preparing for a broadway performance? Try enhancing their individual beauties. That’s creativity & how you end up not making every woman wear the same style of makeup.

• Laraba

April 21, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Wow calm down. I can read/’hear’ the tension in your voice. We have heard you. Drink cold water and relax. Jeez.

6. Ocean Beauty

April 21, 2015 at 3:21 pm

It’s not the same Lagos sun that is shinning on us and these media ladies oh.
    That’s how I applied only foundation and powder. After a few hours on site, the foundation took the position of the powder and the powder replaced the foundation.
    I still try to imagine how theses ladies will look after a few hours in this heat without any touch up

• Ewa

April 21, 2015 at 4:25 pm

ROTFLMAO

7. Anon

April 21, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I looked at all the eyebrows and there’s not a pair that I like. Kate’s and Osa’s are the closest to being well drawn.

8. beehid

April 21, 2015 at 3:38 pm

I so agree, Its sad how you go out now and every girl looks like they have four layers or more of makeup on. No thanks to our celebrities and makeup artists. Fine on special occasions but everyday is so fake and tiring to look at. They all look the same to me, i would definitely want to see more of them looking fresh and a bit natural, that in my opinion would be a step up.

9. Sunshine

April 21, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Osas and Kates are the best . Others look like clowns.

10. oy

April 21, 2015 at 3:46 pm

lovely, sweet, sassy, on point

11. @edDREAMZ

April 21, 2015 at 3:57 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Facially, Eku Edewor is so damn beautifull to the core i swear…..
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

• Someone Naughty

April 21, 2015 at 5:55 pm

How is one facially beautiful to the core? LOL! The core goes beyond the surface darling. But it’s okay, I can understand that her beauty overwhelms you. hehe

12. Gorg!

April 21, 2015 at 4:09 pm

All I see is Mimi! She’s gorgeous

13. HUMMM

April 21, 2015 at 4:28 pm

#ONEHOTMESS

14. Deb

April 21, 2015 at 4:35 pm

Zainab azeez!

15. letty

April 21, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Its amazing how Nigerians have such a bandwagon mentality..once one person starts something they just go overboard with it and hammer it to death..this make up thing has become ludicrous and excessive to say the least…no one is celebrating the fresh face any longer…remember make up is laden with chemicals and ages the skin….only God knows how they survive in the throbbing lagos/Nigerian heat and humidity…

16. ms tobi

April 21, 2015 at 6:24 pm

BN all the make up are d same jur! nothing special

17. OmogeNaija

April 21, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Can we see before and after?

18. Beeeee

April 21, 2015 at 8:51 pm

A few months ago someone said Sika Osei used too much weave and I didn’t understand what they meant then. Now I do. She looks like a bobble head doll. The weave is swallowing her head.

• mrs chidukane

April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Lmao! I said it,i’m glad you have seen it. When I saw her picture now the thought came to my mind again.

Eku Edewor is gorgeous. I prefer neutral make up such as Osas ‘but sometimes a beat face like this can make you look so amazing and sophisticated like Mimi looks and can take your appearance to another level.

19. Why

April 21, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Why do black people like making their nose look European or Asian? Are we ashamed of our flat noses?

• mrs chidukane

April 22, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Not everyone’s nose is flat. Mine isn’t. None of my siblings have flat noses and i’m sure some of the ladies pictured don’t as well.

20. Hana

April 21, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Make up is okay. These people dont walk about in Lagos sun. They are on TV constantly. If their makeup isnt professionally done,theyll photograph and ‘video’ terribly. Im sure they use every moment they get to lift the weights off their faces. Please someone should organize a competition where they show us these ladies as they look fresh out of the bathroom make we choose who fine pass sef.

21. omg

April 22, 2015 at 4:53 am

If you know nothing about makeup and all you have to say is its too cakey then get over yourself.
    All you makeup is too much less is better take a seat we know. We Dont give two fucks about your opinion.
    They all look beautiful.
    If you dont like makeup keep it to yourself we Dont care. We wear it because we want to.

22. kristin

April 22, 2015 at 7:55 am

Yes oh. We are ashamed of our flat nose and our hair and our skin color. Oyibo has made ‘kpomo’ lips acceptable so we no dey too shame for that one. It is now called sexy pout. E tire me walahi.

23. lola

April 22, 2015 at 10:02 am

All looking good, kudos to their mua

24. JAYNNE

April 22, 2015 at 10:12 am

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

25. Temilade

April 22, 2015 at 10:25 am

Makeup is a blessing! not everyday look thesame, sometimes stun! however (there’s always a but) some people start to worship it. It’s true, some can’t go to the grocery store without makeup (I have friends like this) , Makeup is not you, you are not makeup! Agreed makeup builds confidence, but when you start making it your number one priority, then its an issue. As for these celebrities, it’s okay, but i feel like some of them pass the wrong message and raise the standards of beauty too high, like to be beautiful you need to have the perfect smoky eye and shit, like hell no! No one in real life has ruby woo red lips, please not everytime yoou can only be fine with makeup!!!!!!

26. Ebony

April 22, 2015 at 10:46 am

Dolapo’s contour lines so visible.

27. Men, look before you leap

April 22, 2015 at 11:51 am

Na men i pity pass, chei.

Na so i see one fine babe. chei, this babe fine die. This babe accent no be here o. Na so i ask if she went to school abroad or sometin. She has never seen the borders of Nigeria, yet she talks like (am even confused cos its not an American accent, not British, not japanese, not taiwanese..dont even know where to put it)

After some weeks of friendship, na so i con enter her house as she was indisposed.
    Chei, na only me waka come.
    I wan run, but my legs no gree me.
    I wan fly but my Edo wings no dey activated
    I no no if na Ojuju or masquerade i see or dream i dey dream

This lady was all shades of ugly.

Na wu u wan deceive? Will you make up before u wake up and before u sleep? wont the guy see you in your natural state or u no go enter bathroom pour water on yourself?

Since den, na naturally fine babes i dey holla o, no more fake hair, fake eyes, fake nose, fake lips, fake boobs, fake stomach, fake nyash, fake height

i jump and pass
    hihihi

• lol

April 22, 2015 at 10:44 pm

No I feel bad for you that everything you do is based on a man.

28. dearestzee

April 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Beautiful ladies,Helen paul pls collage this pics with one of your late pics maybe 2010,Bravo to Z.A. nice work to all your client esp Helen this is Transformation

29. Kaybee

April 22, 2015 at 4:13 pm

Helen Paul almost got a unibrow. Na wa o!

30. Ama

April 29, 2015 at 1:35 am

I just cannot with their eyebrows!

31. Viks

May 13, 2015 at 9:57 am

Really, people should stop being overly critical. If anyone wants to wear their brows like Drag Queens let them wear their brows like Drag Queens. The fact that you don’t or wear less makeup doesn’t make it generally acceptable, we must not all be the same way. Let people be who they are….dress up in a way that makes them happy..Please. I see beautiful ladies up there…Makeup or Not, plenty weave or Not.