Style

BN Beauty: Tired of Dealing With Makeup Stains? Get Helpful Tips with Jackie Aina | MakeupGameOnPoint

Jackie Aina FixItFriday - BellaNaija - April2015

How many of you have had this experience – you meet a male friend at a wedding or at the cinemas or anywhere generally, and give him a hug. Then as you’re pulling away, your eyes do that “stain check” to see if your foundation ruined his clean shirt. Chances are it already has. But thanks to Jackie Aina‘s latest #FixItFriday video, that won’t have to happen anymore.

The #FixItFriday series was created to help out with our makeup troubles that just seem to be here to stay; and today we are dealing with makeup transferring. This is basically talking about how to keep your makeup off your clothes and that of other people.

Jackie dishes tips like:

1. Use a primer. The primer gives your foundation something to adhere to and this acts like a barrier between your foundation and your skin. It’s not foolproof- but it helps.
2. Set it with your powder. It helps you get your foundation locked in and last longer.
3. Use a setting spray. She suggests the Ben Nye Final Seal makeup setting spray to help seal all that makeup and keep it locked in place.

Watch to find out more!

Photo Credit: @JackieAina (Instagram)

1. Jo!

April 28, 2015 at 10:32 am

eezalie jor, upon all that it will still stain,

• f.n nwapa

April 28, 2015 at 1:01 pm

lmao!! real ‘eezalie’.
      I have also ‘primed’ and ‘set’ and ‘sprayed’ and have finally learnt to kiss and hug with my face looking unto Jesus; the author and finisher of my faith.

2. smh

April 28, 2015 at 10:33 am

Non of the above work especially in unbearably humid and hot places like Nigeria, tried estee lauder double wear so called stay in place foundation and setting spray that is meant to be the holy grail and it still slides off in this heat and stains clothes. Our weather is too hot for makeup. I also wondered how is it that light skinned girls in Nigeria never seem to get darker yet even oyinbo people who live here get tans, and other shades get darker but you have these select few of fairskinned people who never seems to get darker i don’t get it, and I drive so am not walking in the sun. are they human? And no for the voltrons I do not bleach or have any intention of doing so. I always wondered that’s all why some people never get darker in nigeria, and yes I use sun screen spf 30 and above.

3. Anon

April 28, 2015 at 10:43 am

Can you suggest another setting spray? The Ben Nye one stung my sensitive face.

4. kk

April 28, 2015 at 9:38 pm

To avoid getting darker, use sunscreen. That’s what i’ve been using since i moved back to Nigeria and it’s been doing me good.

• Seriously

April 29, 2015 at 3:46 pm

What sunscreen do you use? I can’t find a good one without it been so whitish or grayish. Any recommendation?