Scoop

Desperate Housewives Africa! Watch Dolapo Oni, Michelle Dede & More Talk about their Characters + the Official Trailer is Here

BellaNaija.com

desperate-housewives-ebony-life-tvHow excited are you that Africa is getting her own version of the hit series Desperate Housewives?

A few weeks ago the characters for the Desperate Housewives Africa series were unveiled (click here if you missed it) and now it’s time to meet the characters of the show, put together by EbonyLife TV.

The series, set to launch on Thursday, April 30th, is one series that we will definitely be watching.

In this short clip the men are introduced as well with Joseph Benjamin recreating Chuka Obi (Carlos Solis), Jason Nwoga as Larry Izama (Mike Delfino), Femi Branch as Deji Bello (Paul Young), Nonso Odogwu as Kayode De Souza (Rex Van De Kamp), Ozzy Agu as Sina Lawal (Tom Scavo) and Ben Touitou as Tai Etim (John Rowland).

Watch the ‘Meet the Cast’ clip below & the trailer!

Trailer

1. coke

April 27, 2015 at 12:22 pm

They truly look desperate *

2. Wunmi A.

April 27, 2015 at 12:25 pm

REALLY???………..Nigerians can’t be creative ni?

• MaMa

April 27, 2015 at 3:59 pm

God bless you Wunmi!!!
      This is appalling to say the least. How do you copy something so badly. It’s a big disgrace on Ebony life TV. With all the original stories in Nigeria, they can do better.

3. dollypee'dthebed!

April 27, 2015 at 12:39 pm

lol. I cant view the video/s.

4. jwezee

April 27, 2015 at 12:45 pm

This is sad what the eff happened to originality…in the whole of Africa we cud not get any good story tellers..just sad…well I av watched Desperate housewives American and No thank you I will not be watching this crap!

5. JAY

April 27, 2015 at 12:53 pm

When money pass sense… we are watching

6. Juliet

April 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm

hahahaha…for real???

7. nnenne

April 27, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Where’s our creativity?
    All these copy, copy is killing.
    Even Nollywood is not even as creative anymore.
    Let’s showcase Nigeria and Africa.

8. michelle

April 27, 2015 at 1:31 pm

Make una nor come ruin this epic all time Favorite….. What’s all this crap

9. DayoI

April 27, 2015 at 1:35 pm

It doesn’t look too bad from the videos.
    Many countries do their own versions/exact replicas of series that were world famous. An example is “The Office US”, which was a replica of the UK’s version for the first few seasons. It went on to be (dare I say, and in my opinion even more) successful than the first.
    I’m not saying this will be the same, but I am curious to see what develops from it.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

April 27, 2015 at 3:13 pm

Not just in your opinion. US Office is miles more successful than the UK Office ever hoped to be… But still saying that, the UK Office was hilarious in its own very British way. I’m a big fan of both shows. 🙂

• Okeoghene

April 27, 2015 at 4:34 pm

I loooooove ‘The Office’ US!!!I have watched all the seasons over and over again!!Steve Carrell has become my favorite actor cos of it,and I also have a massive crush on John Krasinski!I would like to see the UK version though cos of Ricky Gervais

10. AbegChill

April 27, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Abeg, chill. They have told you already that they are copying it but only twisting it to make it look african and the name is clearly telling you that so which one is that they can’t be creative. You people should appreciate effort and stop criticizing people’s hardwork. If on your own, you were so creative, Nigeria wouldn’t be as backward as It is now. Appreciate or keep quiet. That is not so hard to do. Meanwhile, it looks interesting and it’s definitely something to watch. And to the brain behind this, kudos!

• Passerby

May 12, 2015 at 1:12 am

YOU chill. People have a right to their opinions and critic is a very significant part of the industry….because fan reviews drive sponsorship. Don’t make it seem so deep.

11. Adaeze Writes

April 27, 2015 at 1:48 pm

I love Dolapo’s look and the way she blew out the fire. Nice…

12. ACE

April 27, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Copy cat ! What style of coping is this??? Abeg am not interested , y can’t we be original? Abeg Nigerian desperate stupid people .

13. 7BA9F085

April 27, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Na wa for their fonee. (is that the spelling?) even on top their names! All I heard was ”My name is _____ ???? They had to Westernize the pronunciation of their Nigerian names?? That’s cold!!

14. JAYNNE

April 27, 2015 at 3:35 pm

I cant watch the video

15. soph

April 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

This trailer is so effing boring. Seriously who came up with this idea, nah i’ll pass

16. purplegirl

April 27, 2015 at 3:54 pm

If this is a direct replica of Desperate housewives it means Dolapo’s character is going to die off immediately. It also means we sorta kinda know the general plot of what happens next. Wish they just copied the characters and came up with their own story line.

17. pipi

April 27, 2015 at 4:18 pm

See me thinking dolapo will play gabrielle solis

18. N. M.

April 27, 2015 at 4:31 pm

It looks interesting, and I like the fact that Marcy Dolapo Oni will do the narrative. Can’t wait to see this. Kudos guys.

19. nene

April 27, 2015 at 5:53 pm

OMG the acting already looks bad from the trailer.

20. nene

April 27, 2015 at 6:00 pm

nini wacera, the woman playing bree seems like a fantastic actress, and dolapo’s role really suits her too. the ghanaian actress seems good too, and i know kehinde is good but i never saw her as gabrielle solis. michelle dede and bissong have never acted before, so i hope they do well.

21. C'est moi

April 27, 2015 at 6:14 pm

DH was above a COMEDY & one of the very best, it never failed get in stitches. The promo & intro didn’t even get a chuckle out of me but I’ll give it a go though the actresses all seem to be lacking their funny bone.

22. whatwillbewillbe

April 27, 2015 at 6:45 pm

All I know is JAson Nwoga is too fine for words. I just might watch to see him. I hope he’s not married oh, because I don’t want no wife interrupting my day dreams. That is how I found out on social media that Chidi Mokeme is married and just had a child, just imagine oh. All my years of crushing down the drain!!!!!

23. gert

April 27, 2015 at 6:51 pm

This show is so contrived and totally ill advised it’s almost unbearable……we have such a desperate need to emulate anything American…when well meaning people here in the US crave old time common sense values..quite frankly we emulate all the bad stuff…there is not much the west have to offer that Nigerians keep copying other than money…the society is dilapidated, there is a severe breakdown in values..stop this follow follow, slavery, colonial mentality…we are gradually losing who we are

24. Desperate Things I love!

April 27, 2015 at 8:48 pm

This is great! Thank you Ebony Live Tv and Mo Abudu for doing this. This is how we will evolve. When you want to copy, please copy the best! For all of you screaming that there is No originality in this series, why don’t you go and write your own damn script, develop characters and set all in motion to create a series live this? All you keyboard warriors without creative juice, all you critics have is just bile. All that bile is bad for you.

Now for the creators of this series, one question for you, how are you going to apply the gay characters from the original American series into this show, knowing how we frown upon that lifestyle in Nigeria and the rest of Africa? Please Mo Abudu if you are reading this, please respond.

25. natu

April 27, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Copy cat!! Desperate housewives should use them!! This is embarrassing!

• natu

April 28, 2015 at 5:28 am

I meant say sue. On another note, If the goal is to copy please do it right. This is just mediocre.

26. http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.ccom

April 27, 2015 at 9:52 pm

While I give them credit for the effort, I’m confused when people say why don’t we write a script and the develop characters! Isn’t it their livelihood, isn’t that why they get paid? When we criticise other professions for their lack of professionalism or customer care service do they scream when u own ur business we will see how u will run it? Please we need to give honour to whom honour is due, with the UK or US office people here made mention of (not sure which is the copy)r d names and titles of the characters similar to the other? Please a clear copy such as this doesn’t show any creativity and I would be so so disappointed if d stories r so so similar. #sadface!

27. Iris

April 27, 2015 at 10:13 pm

I’m sorry, but based on the trailer this is a NO. Other African countries not involved in this production must be pissed that this thing has been attributed to the entire continent. I really hope the show has more authenticity than what the trailer promises. If they really wanted to entertain us they should have put 9 celebrities that include Tonto Dike and Yvonne Nelson in a house for one month and let the drama unfold. I’d gleefully watch that ratchet mess without a bit of shame. I suggest Yvonne, Tonto, Lola Okoye, Adaeze Yobo, and let’s just mix them up for fun – Tamara Eteimo and Uru Eke.

28. Moyo

April 29, 2015 at 11:00 am

I am looking forward to watching it.. I just hope it doesn’t end being boring like Lekki Housewives which is a poor copy of Desperate Housewives

29. hormosholla