News

Etcetera Says “Church is Leading You Straight to Hell!”

etcetera-ejikeme

Singer-turned-writer, Etcetera is back again with more controversial social commentary.

This time, he is airing his views about why Church is leading people to hell.

Here are excerpts from the the article he wrote on the subject, as reported by Punch:

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore and repent. – Revelation 3:19.

Much of the church today is living a lie. Many of you have been told continuously that you are saved and headed for heaven. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Many of you are heading directly to hell. The systemised lying that is going on in the church has deceived the pastors and the people alike. It is a case of the blind leading the blind. You all need to pray – fervently because many of you are “lost”. No matter what you call me, no matter how you view this issue, no matter what position you have, no matter what church you attend, you have to admit that something is wrong with the church.

Below are eight facts why the church is leading you straight to hell:

1. There is almost no evidence whatsoever that the early church had their “services” on a Sunday. They gathered together ‘from house to house’ virtually every day! People did not dress up and “go to church.” There were no denominations or separate groups with different ‘labels.’ They lived their lives together – And the apostles in Jerusalem preached everyday at a huge open-air gathering, not “hidden away” inside four walls. Church buildings do not exist in the Bible. They were invented around 200-300 AD, when the church was in serious decline. Church buildings are anti-New Testament, and they bring with them a host of problems and traditions. It was when the church fell into the hands of Rome that this concept of the “cathedral” took over. And today, we are still spending millions building these beautiful monuments while the worshippers are starving.
  2. The words “prosper” or ‘prosperity’ were NEVER used by Jesus at all – and only mentioned a few times in the entire New Testament. Yet our greedy pastors have built kingdoms upon them. The words – “sell what you have and give to the poor” and “deceitfulness of riches” and “you cannot serve God and mammon” and “woe to you that are rich” were DEFINITELY used by Jesus and the apostles, but you don’t hear them preached by your pastors, do you?
  3. Tithing is not a New Testament practice at all. And it is being shamefully abused by today’s preachers. In the Old Testament, tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel and that was at a time when a great number of them lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt and Syria. As a result of that, the land they occupied became tithe-able lands. Tithes were not acceptable from Gentiles’ lands. So my brothers and sisters, you need to ask your pastor why he is collecting tithes here in Nigeria. Also, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites – (Hebrews 7:5). If your pastor is collecting tithe from you, ask him if he’s from the tribe of Levi. Even Jesus who was a Jew couldn’t collect tithes because he wasn’t from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah. And if your pastor insists that being a worker in the lord’s vineyard qualifies him as a Levite, please remind him that Levites had no land and did not own properties.
  4. The Jesus of today’s church is a “Father Christmas,” a Jesus who exists mainly for our own “happiness;” a Father Christmas who wants to rain down continual blessings upon us; a Jesus of grace and mercy without judgement, righteousness or truth. Our gross misrepresentation of who Jesus really is, is one of the most serious offences of today’s church. We worship a “plastic” Jesus – one that we have painted in our own image. What an offence to God.
  5. What we have today are churches that are so loose that they excuse any sin or misconduct, including homosexuality and adultery. Aren’t we supposed to accept only the truth of God’s word? But instead, we have opted for a modern church that is socially based, smooth and sophisticated, and presented like a Nollywood movie with men and women of ogboni fraternity dressed in their occultic regalia occupying special seats during services. Something is wrong!
  6. What happened to the strong calls for repentance that brought thousands down to the altar to repent and ask Jesus Christ to save their souls? This is the litmus test for Christianity; it is the essence of the Cross; it is the great commission that Jesus commanded us with. If your church is not winning souls, then it is like a barren woman, and it is a shame. Something is wrong!
  7. What happened to the outpouring of the Holy Ghost? Do we even know what it means anymore to feel the presence of the Spirit of God descend on a service and fill up the room with holiness? Or we just love that party atmosphere and excitement when the choir plays a boogie-down song? Or we love to scream “ride on pastor” in the excitement we get when some charismatic preacher works the crowd? It’s been so long we’ve felt the presence of the Holy Spirit that we don’t know what it is anymore. Something is definitely wrong!
  8. Lots of pastors are aware that there is something very wrong with the church today. They know there is little ‘fear of the Lord.’ They know there is no deep repentance or deep moving of the Holy Spirit.

Read the rest on Punch

1. God's Gold

April 25, 2015 at 1:48 pm

God bless you for the gift of discernment. I applaud your spiritual insight.

2. seinde hadufe funmi

April 25, 2015 at 1:49 pm

This man has just declared d truth in its simplest form. May God help us rather may God help us to help ourselves

3. flew

April 25, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I disagree from the first point. on that point alone go and read your bible about David and Solomon and God’s pleasure with erecting Grand temples in his name. More over go and read malachi about tithing and also read what Jesus said about giving to Cesar what Is Cesar’s, and God what is God’s. With your statement on tithes you are issuing false prophesy and asking people to Rob God. tithhing is not by force. You are the only one to bear the consequences of disobedience. So et cetera, usually you have something to say that is interesting. This is not. By proclaiming hell on those who obey God you have blasphemed. Go and pray for forgiveness and wisdom. You should stick to writing facts you know about or stick to pontificating on secular issues.

4. Irish Gold.

April 25, 2015 at 2:19 pm

May God bless you real good man.

5. damey

April 25, 2015 at 3:22 pm

While I agree with some points he raised, I disagree with some still.
    1. About winning souls, hope you are aware, the church is you and me. Soul winning is not the sole responsibility of the pastor. It is for every Christian. So dear Etcetra, I hope you do that. (my church still organizes evangelism every Saturday. So yes some churches still take soul winning serious)
    2. Then your argument about church building and days of holding services, is one I don’t understand. Are you saying one should have services everyday? Are you not aware of fellowships held in churches? Mon-sat some churches hold prayer meetings, counselling, evangelism, bible study etc…all which run through the week, till sunday for general services. Seeing also most people are working class, some of these are kept for late evenings. So I don’t know where your argument is coming from.
    Having a church building is in itself never bad. When Jesus pushed away those who were buying and selling, he said they had turned the place of worship into a den of robbers. There was a church building in the new testament! A temple!
    Or Wait, do u expect people to worship in an open space? Or meet in people’s houses? Whose house?Are you aware of certain church population? Haba Etcetra wat are u yanning?
    3. About prosperity, while I do not agree with pastors preaching prosperity other than salvation, prosperity is in itself God’s will for us. Prosperity goes beyond material things. Good health, success, favour are all forms of prosperity.
    4. Hope u Etcetra know that these men of God also need your prayers. How often do you pray for them? Even with their anointing, they are still humans and still face struggles and challenges.
    5. Talking about Jesus collecting tithe, Jesus was not a priest. A Levite is the head of a church. Which can also apply to a pastor. Then as regards Jesus and tithe, certain laws of the old testament were amended by Christ, tithing was never amended. Jesus did mention tithe in 2 occasions. Matt 23:23 and in a parable Luke 18:12. Which goes to show it was still in practice. I also don’t know what you mean by pastor collecting tithe. In my church, a pastor doesn’t collect the tithe. The church has a bank account managed by a church treasurer and an accountant. The account of course,isn’t in the pastor’s name. The pastor has no access to the money unless authorized by the church committee. Please study the book of Leviticus to understand how the tithe is used. If a pastor however uses the tithe for his selfish purposes, that’s of course very wrong and judgement awaits such.
    6. Dear Etcera, while you may have some valid points, I would like to say, your message isn’t one filled with love but condemnation. What exactly is your motive? Cheap popularity, spite or…? I leave that for God to judge.
    However, I will end(my long speech phew!) by calling on true Christians not to be discouraged. Some of the evil going on in the church are part of what Christ warned us about. The end times are here. Strive to be the best of you, remain steadfast and rooted in the foundation of God’s word(not what anybody says).

• chigurl

April 27, 2015 at 9:30 am

i applaud your detailed response

• hon

April 27, 2015 at 11:39 am

i love you damey, i love you i love you i love you i love you………………..God bless you for this response. wa gbayii!!! kare omo yiii

• Chi

April 27, 2015 at 5:38 pm

Thanks for saving me the stress of typing a long response to this man whose thoughts I can’t decipher. My advise is for everyone to be like the Bereans who sought the scriptures to know God’s word for themselves and not what people thought.

• TOYE DAVIES

June 21, 2015 at 6:47 pm

How can a levite be the head of the church, what load of nonsense. Jesus mentioned tithe in Matthew 23:23, you need to learn in what context Jesus mentioned it. The jews in Israel were under the Law and as such were bound by the Law to pay tithe. Jesus says Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. He was not saying Christians should pay tithes. Read it again. Tithes is not a christian doctrine as we are not under the Law and not obligated to pay tithes. Read Galatians 5:1-5. Etcetera KNOWS the bible more that you who are critical of him. Tithing is not money, for all you thieves collecting money it is not and God is going to take away from who ever does that. Bible says do not add or take away from the word of GOD. If it is true that tithing was part of the Old Covenant worship of Israel, and has no practical bearing upon New Covenant Christians, the question naturally surfaces, “what does the New Testament actually teach about giving?” Surely the place for New Covenant believers to begin in their quest to understand God’s revealed will regarding giving is in the New Testament Scriptures. That is exactly where I would like to take you as together we examine God’s will for Christian giving. 2 Corinthians 9:7: “Let each one do just as he has purposed in his heart; not grudgingly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver.” Here Paul directs the church to give what they have purposed in their heart. Notice that the Apostle does not tell them how much to give, or give them a fixed percentage as a standard. He simply tells them that whatever they have decided to give they should go ahead and give. Many times when we see a need we determine to give a certain amount, but are tempted to go back on it later when the time to give rolls around. Paul teaches us that we should be faithful to make good on what we have purposed in our heart. But notice as well that the apostle Paul leaves the amount up to the Corinthians. We are not to allow others to manipulate or intimidate us so that we give out of guilt or pressure. There is to be no compulsion in our giving; the amount must be our own decision.

• obedey

June 27, 2015 at 6:46 am

Helo Toye, it is you who needs to read your bible to understand it.
      Jesus said, ‘……. this ought ye to have done without leaving the other undone’..
      what is that other He is saying that shouldn’t be left undone, isn’t it the usual Tithe?
      God Himself gave the law regarding tithe in Malachi. So it isn’t some random Jewish Law.
      What do you mean by not changing the words of the bible? When you are the one clearly disobeying God’s plain commandment as stated in Malachi.
      These Jewish Laws you are talking about, Christ altered some, but tithe was never corrected.
      Read your bible well. Tithe is scriptural! I have been a tithe payer all my life, and the blessings I have received goes to show, God never jokes with His promises. He said, ‘….Try me and c if I will not open the windows of heaven and pour down blessings….’
      If you do not want pay, your headache. But don’t twist the bible to suit your vain purpose.

• obedey

June 27, 2015 at 6:54 am

And no body has ever been compelled to pay tithe.
      Tithe has always been a willful deed so I don’t get where you are headed.
      Moreover, tithe must not be money as well. But the nature of our returns from business,salaries and other profits is usually monetary. Reason why tithe is popularly paid in cash now.
      I cannot dish out few sentences to teach u the Basics and convenant-benefits of tithing.
      Just pray and ask God to teach you Himself. Have an open heart. You will learn.

6. josh

April 25, 2015 at 3:45 pm

What happened to lambasting celebrities? Has he run out of insults that he now attacks the church of God.
    Nobody says you have to go to church in sunday,it just happens to be more convenient for everyone…some churches hold anyday. Using for building is for adminnistrative purposes,nothing else. I have seen services being held open-air.
    Prosperity is an integral part of Jesus’ death,’he became poor that we might be rich’. Yes,Jesus brought grace and truth more than judgement ,d if that makes him a Father christmas,no problem
    What mr.etc has done is to drag up some extremes practised by some pastors and use it to condemn the whole lotm I think it is time all this nay-sayers left the church alone. If you don’t want to go to church,fine, don’t pollute the mind of others.

7. Nenrot

April 25, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Dis dude is nuts. Doesn’t know jack

8. Uc

April 25, 2015 at 4:04 pm

This is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.Weldon for touching a topic we mostly will hide to speak for fear of “God”Judging us for touching topics dat affects the called and anointed ones.

9. kemi

April 25, 2015 at 4:28 pm

wonderful article. Its good to know some people are not brainwashed by todays church standards

10. Eloka

April 25, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Even as much as u r discovering some fragments of the truth, a large chunk of is still way beyond u… Keep up the good work and keep on searching, u might just a large share of the real truth… But I do warn u, be careful who share ur findings with… People are most comfortable with the lies they live, some might feel u r trying to take their lives away

• Bolu

April 26, 2015 at 12:49 am

Spot on Eloka.

11. Paula Y

April 25, 2015 at 4:34 pm

God bless you Etcetera for speaking the whole truth without fear. Or favor..

12. cindy

April 25, 2015 at 4:40 pm

In as much as I’m not really a fan of etcetera, I have to agree with him on some points but others I don’t. This is what I have to say about tithing. Like what you said about prosperity, tithing helps me to put myself in check. It is the first thing that teaches me to let go of my money and not hold on to it so much. It makes it easier to give as for me because most times what you give it’s not even up to the amount of tithe you pay. I also feel that my money indirectly gets to the needy. I think some people pay their tithes to the needy see and not the church. We need to stop making tithing look like such a bad thing. See the way the church is already, imagine if people stopped paying tithes too….ah. What I tell myself is to look beyond the pastor I think I’m paying it to, etcetera I think you should do that too. Like someone I know says, there’s a safe and there’s a safer path. There are always going to be arguments about tithing and no one is going to be completely sure but then I think paying my tithe is the safer path. Here is what I need atheists to under stand too.
    The problem I have with the church is this cliché line “judge not”. Everyone seems to be doing what ever they want these days. The minute you try to call them out on it, they say “judge not”. If only they read their bibles well about correcting and disciplining people in the church.
    Another thing that bugs me is the way weddings are run. left to me and my mum, What the Bible actually recognises is the traditional wedding and payment of bride price. Who needs a pastor to join me and their husbands, we will join ourselves. I’m not an advocate of divorce but please let’s face reality. There is nothing like marriage vows in the bible. No. When you force people to vow before God and man you are putting them in more deep shot than the divorce itself.
    One more thing, I hate the fact that churches have okayed the use of the word “ego” especially what it comes to men. When my pastor said this on the pulpit the other day, I was seriously giving him the side-eye. You just might be leading some mem to he’ll by raising further their already inflated egos. Never seen the word in the bible. What my bible talks about is pride and we’ll all know what the bible says about pride. it goes before a fall. If you didn’t have an ego as tall as mount everest you won’t feel so hurt when you think you got disrespected. To the men, you need to be specific about what you want. Is it respect you want or is what you really want a woman under your feet. If it is respect you want, then you need to read your bible about what God really means by respect because you all have got it wrong. In Genesis, it says God respected Abel and his offering. Didnt mean God came down from heaven to bow to Abel or thay Abel deemed ot fit to now disrespect God. Just my two cents guys.

• Pat

April 26, 2015 at 1:02 am

Cindy I agree with you, thithe does not have to be paid in the church or to a pastor. It could be given to someone/ people in need.

• stunt

April 26, 2015 at 9:54 am

Tithe is paid in church. If you want to help the needy, go ahead. That is way different. Go and study the bible. Malachi 3 is a good guide.

• K

April 26, 2015 at 7:15 pm

If my pastor start soliciting for funds to buy an aeroplane. I will rather pay my tithe were it might not be used for unnecessary lavishness or find another church.

13. bairebaby

April 25, 2015 at 4:51 pm

He speaks the truth. I joined my husband’s church when we got married. It’s a mega church in houston. In my opinion it falls into the above category. If it were up to me I wouldn’t attend there. There’s a much smaller church five minutes from my house that I love for the message they preach. They are not afraid to call sin sin. And their message isn’t about prosperity and what God can do for us, but rather how we can live for him. I wish my husband would allow for us to attend there.

• cindy

April 26, 2015 at 8:22 am

I’m sorry but is it a must you attend the same church as your husband? Aunty pls be wise o. Talk to him about it seriously not just off-handedly. Salvation is individual o and their is no marriage in heaven. I have never bought the idea that you must change church with your spouse. To me, attend where your spirit leads you.

• molarah

April 27, 2015 at 4:48 pm

You are somewhat right but when children are involved wisdom must be applied. And it is always good for a household to be spiritually aligned. For me it’s better she keeps attending the other church with her husband while she is praying for direction and revelation for her husband.

14. Fabulous B

April 25, 2015 at 5:08 pm

Hard core truth. I do wonder too o. Not like I’m really spiritual but it’s just knowing deep down inside u. Asking the questions from your strict church going parents and questioning most of the things they do. Sigh! Orisirisi for naija

15. Ade

April 25, 2015 at 5:10 pm

The truth nothing but the truth. Keep telling them and hopefully people will discern and stop impoverishing themselves

16. nnenna

April 25, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Well said Mr etcetera! !!! Me am sticking to my catholic church gaan. Though am not a fanatic like some of them are, I admire their steadfastness in sticking to the true tenets of christainity.

17. Minister Ade

April 25, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Hahaha,

When you use your brained wired with fatty acids and billion of cells to sum up all you see in our world, you will come up with this kind of conclusion above.

Oga make i yarn you,

There are 7 dispensations and we are in the last; DISPENSATION of GRACE… Starting with Dispensation of Conscience, law, judgement…. Until Grace.

The dispensation of GRACE is by FAITH in the Risen Jesus….

Grace is everything, it brought us wisdom and it was orchestrated by LOVE.

Jesus is coming for the CHURCH (US) that has walked in victory over sin and the conquered enemy….

Etcetera, thank God you are in this dispensation, you would have been killed for negative utterances… Na grace dey make you say plenty things..

• stunt

April 26, 2015 at 9:56 am

God bless you!! Negative utterances indeed. He can say anything just because he is lucky to be in the dispensation of grace!

18. Marvel

April 25, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Couldn’t agree more. I applaud your honesty on the shambles that the current state of selective Christianity business is being run today in Nigeria. I would like to see pastors mentally screened as they suffer from a serious Jesus complex. There was/is only one Jesus.

19. Minister Ade #VirtualImpact

April 25, 2015 at 6:00 pm

When you use your brain that is wired with billions of nerve cells and fatty acid to reason all you see about God’s system, you will come up with conclusions like these…

Oga,

There are 7 dispensations the world has gone through (Starting with the dispensation of conscience, judgement, law… etc.) and we are in the last dispensation: Dispensation of Grace…

Grace gave us the opportunity to live by FAITH in the risen Jesus so we could be Justified. It brought wisdom, prosperity, forgiveness, name it…

Etcetera, i don’t want to go through each of your points as they are “human reasoning” which cannot be applied in spiritual laws.

20. Pat

April 25, 2015 at 6:12 pm

This man is wise, everything he said is the truth. Take a look around the church. The pastors and priest are not preeching the truth, very free preech repentance. Their are so many churches that lack the presence of the holy spirit and the congregation and pastor don’t even know it. I learned recently that God does not need our tithe / money but a true repentant heart but we have been told for years to always pay tithe even with our last dime because God will do a miracle for us. The most important thing is living a righteous life and been in the presence of God. I will digress a little here. God did not create man to need money. The need for money is a man made thing. Think about about it. Our ancestors lived with little or no money, they ate the food that God put on the earth for them for free. They also planted and harvested their own food. They had less health problems and lived for long. Some lived over 100 yrs. They didn’t need no doctor. But now we have all the health problems you can think off. We eat things that are not aligned with our genetic predisposition. Man has made it possible that we have to spend money to get the free and simpliest things of life. You have to spend money to have acess to health care, we even buy water. Very soon we will be buying the air we breath in. The abnormal has become the normal in the world we live in today.

• dear pat

April 26, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Really? You as a christian, do you have the presence of the Holy spirit? That,my friend, should be of bigger concern to you.
      A repentant heart isn’t the Only thing needed. The Kingdom of God is guided with principles. Have a repentant heart and fail to abide by certain principles, you will miss out on divine blessings. Tithe is one of such principles. It is a pity some pastors have taken advantage of it. But because there is fake gala, doesn’t mean I should stop eating gala.
      Study your bible. You appear to me as one who uses carnal knowledge to discern things of the spirit.

• Pat

April 26, 2015 at 6:17 pm

If you read my comment you would have spotted this key point “living a righteous life and been in the presence of God” which sums up everything you wrote. Neither did it state that we should never pay thite again.

21. QWERTY

April 25, 2015 at 6:40 pm

I NEED TO SHOW POINT 3 TO MY PASTOR AND POSSIBLY GET A REFUND :).

22. Uju

April 25, 2015 at 6:57 pm

He’s actually right you know……spot on

23. Robin Hood

April 25, 2015 at 7:07 pm

The nearer the church or mosque, the further from God………….etcetera, you and I have the same opinion on the way religion has been bastardized in Nigeria. The ignorant masses use it as an elixir for their ills and the so called church leaders exploit it and readily justify their actions from limitless quotes from the bible.
    I refuse to be fooled by the sham

24. God Reigns

April 25, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Perhaps U ar tryin to exercise U academic exercise or make cheap popularity… Despite d fact that some Pst look towards d financial bemefits no doubts, Ur conclusion is wrong. Ur knowldge abt d bible is so shallow. Pls read d bible wt humility

25. cannurse

April 25, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I strongly agree with all you wrote except for the tithing issue. The bible says bring 10% of your harvest to God. Even though a lot of so called pastors have now turned it to a scam and are lying to people in the church, we still have to obey what the bible tells us. We just need to be careful and be wise where we sow our seeds. salvation is free and should not be bought. The churches of now a days are actually recruiting people for hell fire rather than heaven because they have deviated from biblical principles and doctrines because of money. Read your bible to know the truth and do not be deceived by those fake pastors out there. Stop giving them your money to pray for you, Jesus sent his disciples and said to them “freely have you received and freely shall you give”.

26. nmelisim ngozi

April 25, 2015 at 9:07 pm

gee, this guy is just the kind of people we need in this rotten generation. we’ve bn decieved too far. imagine where commedians help the pastors to warm the congregation before the message.what a shame!!!!

27. prince

April 25, 2015 at 9:17 pm

What truth are u talking about. He is possessed of the devil to mislead people like you. Tithe is not if the old testament. In case you don’t know, Abraham paid tittle to Melchizedeck and according to the Bible, that was God Himself and mind you Abraham is not a man of the old testament bcos the Bible says “If ye are Christ, then are ye Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise”. And no church doesn’t win soul and even in the days of Jesus, they have Synagogues, this demon possess Etcetera does not know what synagogue means I guess.
    Believe whatever you want, without the church, this nation will be worse than it is.

28. The Legacy of Christ

April 25, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Etcetera, you have obviously been going to the wrong church and so you are very biased. How many souls have you won? Why don’t you not insist on travelling on donkeys or even trekking like Elijah did. Why not wear dresses like the gentiles? Why use the Internet? Don’t pick and choose cos you want to criticise. Show the world how you are making a difference and making disciples of all nations. I’m not defending fakes but for goodness sake, which gospel are you preaching and show us your results. If your strategy is to judge and condemn, then you are looking for an excuse to avoid fundamental Kingdom principles and looking for people to drag down with you. You are on your own. Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Jesus Christ left legacy and an assignment. Wake up and ask questions regarding truths not revealed to you. – It is foolishness if you do not have revelation of true meaning of the scriptures. When you get sick, you look for the nearest hospital or clinic, you don’t start writing articles about fake hospitals, in fact, you want treatment first, talk later abi? Etc etc etc!

29. lola

April 25, 2015 at 9:49 pm

PERFECTION!!!!! Etcetera Sir, May I kindly invite you to my church, Tree By The River Church, Maryland, we are striving towards Biblical standards, incase you haven’t found a church that is. God bless you, you are not alone, neither are you fanatical for this, you are simply part of the remnant that will be saved for not bowing your head to the predominant sin. Ride on by the grace of God.

30. sekundo

April 25, 2015 at 9:53 pm

“Ther

31. sekundo

April 25, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Mr man, what of your hair style, is it not enough to send you to hell?.

32. chedvah_debby

April 25, 2015 at 10:38 pm

just reading this told me alot about you. you claim to be knowledgeable but all you wrote there shows that you did little or no study.
    firstly, the tithing is not an old testament or new testament thing. the first man who paid tithe was Abraham in genesis 14:20 and may i add that melchizedek who received the tithe wasnt a levite. infact the bible never mentioned his lineage or descendent and also he couldnt be a levite because levi was a son to the jacob who ws a grandson to abraham. so how is it that the man who carried in him the seed of the tribe of levi still paid tithe? And not to a levite?
    secondly, study colossians 2 esp verse 20 and 21 you will see that as christians born into Christ we are not subject to the basic principles of this world which includes going to church on sunday. i could decide to wake up on a tuesday afternoon and make it my sunday, it doesnt make me go to hell. “do not touch, do not taste, do not handle…..” im not subject to that anymore. I suggest you do a study on that
    thirldly you made mention of the outpouring of the Spirit and that churches dont have that again, well i’ll say that it’s either you are going to a spiritually dead church or your spiritual senses are dead (though im guesing its the latter). the Spirit is always in God’s presence and God’s presence is everywhere. so you not percieving the outpouring of the Spirit its all on you
    fourthly, Jesus never mentioned prosperity but he mentioned treasures, talents etc. God will for us from the very first page of the Bible to end is for us to enjoy His blessings. if you think suffering and living barely under the dollar is God’s will for you then so be it but i refuse to accept such. how come you arent against the favt that the billions in the world are in the hands of people who cant help humanity but you get very uncomfortable when people who love the Lord prosper? is it written anywhere in the bible that i should be poor as a christian? havent you read 3john 1:2? prosperity is a simple principle of God which when followed will yeild results. paul asked the church for physical blessings in exchange for spiritual blessings in 1 Corinthians 9 : 11
    so pls get you facts straight…… all this typing has made my hands sore….. (sorry for any error, I’m too tired to read through)

• May kay

April 26, 2015 at 11:09 pm

Is Etcetera God for where? Abeg, help me ask am o.

33. duze

April 25, 2015 at 10:53 pm

That’s all! This is Truth.

34. cindy

April 26, 2015 at 12:15 am

Bellanaija where is my comment? How can I write that long epistle and you’d refuse to post it?

• Anon

April 26, 2015 at 12:40 am

Patience is a virtue. Ha…

• cindy

April 26, 2015 at 8:25 am

Eh thank you , it took them more than 3 hours to post a comment. Haha. I think I was patient enough.

35. Anonymous

April 26, 2015 at 12:58 am

Beloved, I wish above all things that you PROSPER and be in health even as you soul PROSPERS. 3rd john:2

36. Lacey

April 26, 2015 at 5:05 am

E.t.c has entered dangerous terrain now! Please go and read your Bible properly before you come out to spew nonsense ! Heb8:7 is key! Only God himself found fault with the laws in the Old Testament! So E.t.c that is why you are a failed artiste because the Holy Spirit helps you read and understand the Bible and Abraham paid tithe to mechizedek! So my dear don dey kolo o because u don leave celebrity matter enter area where you no suppose enter! Did anybody a Pastor put a gun to your head to pay tithe! May God bless your darlyn heart and stupid head! Overly dumb write up! Go and concerntrate on your life!

37. ka

April 26, 2015 at 9:17 am

Is etcetera God?. When you stand before christ, feel free to tell him etcetera lead you. Are we following christ or this man?christains today have become lazy about studying the word of God and most of all they lack the spirit of truth that is why they follow or even pay attention to false doctrine. I always tell people that the bible has simple principles, yet we make it complicated. If you get rooted in God’s word, people like this will not deceive you. What we need to understand is that the word of God cannot, will not be adjusted to your personal standards and beliefs. How can a christain agree that churches should not be built and tithes should not be paid and there is something wrong with prospering in life?. There are loads of scriptures on these and many more. Christains wake up!!!. What he says is appealing to you because you have never liked paying your tithe so when a man with no spiritual grounding talks, you yield. Can this man come up with scriptural backings for all of these?. I dare him to do his research and come up with scriptures and then I will let him know that he is being deceived. We take what we like in the bible and make a doctrine out of it. May God have mercy on you for misleading people for woe to him through which temptation shall come.

38. Toluwalope

April 26, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Hit the like botton if you’re here to read comments?

39. cindy

April 26, 2015 at 8:34 pm

@stunt……eh thank you . You need to read your bible well too. I pay my tithe in church so don’t lecture me. My comment was meant for people who are confused about tithing. To make them feel better without their consciences pricking them, let them at least pay their tithes in an orphanage or something. It’s just like you saying those who pay 90% reverse tithe are wrong just because the bible says 10%.

40. May kay

April 26, 2015 at 10:50 pm

In all my life experiences and doings, I have learnt one very important thing. That is, do not attempt to give meaning to the bible or the words written in the bible if you do not fully understand what it says. There is a reason why God has given some ministers the gift to teach. You may have had a bad experience in your Christian journey but that does not make it right to 1. Try to influence the view of other Christians as the popular figure you are. If I am wrong about trying to influence the view of others, why then do you write? 2. In as much as experiences can change your view about life, it does not give you the right to misinterprete the bible and pass on a wrong message. It not the fact that you shared you opinion that beats me, it the fact that you quote and use the bible meaninglessly. Remember, EVEN THE DEVIL CAN QUOTE THE BIBLE.
    The bible is not a book of lyrics that can easily be understood. It is meant to be studied.
    To better understand where I am coming from, try reading the bible with the purpose of comparing the old and New Testament.

41. chy

April 27, 2015 at 9:32 am

this guy is a waste of space.

42. CHEEE

July 26, 2015 at 5:38 pm

well said Etcetere, i witness a church where comedians warm up the congregation evry sunday before pastor come on to preach. and the time given to the comedians is more thatn the mins pastor preached. tithe too is not something the church should focus on as it is not for the new testament church as they call themselves but because it involves making cool money pastor wont sweet for it now becomes the order of the day (Heb 7;1-down) you will understand how tithe came about, that it was for the levites and now since jesus time such practice has been cancel by Jesus. many pple believe in what pastor will do than what God will do. check yourself if u are in this category, CHANGE! and start spreading the Gospel of truth to your friends and neigbor that way you will be an instrument as a labourer cos the harvest is much but labourers few, you dont need only a church to preach this.

43. Chinedu jahson

August 15, 2015 at 11:13 pm

Thats why i preach and support the witnesses of jahovah the have been preaching about the fall of the church for the past 100 Years