Music

What Do Iyanya & Praiz Have in Common? Find out on AccelerateTV’s ‘ON’ Show!

Iyanya & PraizIs it getting hot in here or is it just us?

Putting Iyanya and Praiz together in a room is enough to get our attention and this interview answers a lot of questions we had about the two superstars.

Praiz and Iyanya talk about their common ground, life and fame after their hit songs and much more.

Watch the interview below!

Video SourceAccelerateTV.com

1. Mz Socially Awkward...

April 17, 2015 at 10:09 am

Wearing their sunglasses inside buildings? I really need to understand why people choose to do this. Or is it simply a case of “all join when nyanga dey involved”?

2. Ebele

April 17, 2015 at 10:31 am

@mz socially awkward my sister!!! Nigerian celebs with their FORMING! Even at night some of them will still put on shade…abroad it’s acceptable because they have paparazzi and the stars are tryin to avoid the camera flashes but in nigeria here…WHAT IS THEIR EXCUSE?

3. LadyWithTheAfroLocs

April 17, 2015 at 12:44 pm

lmao…maybe they are shy…..

4. simple..

April 17, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Most of them are already ‘HIGH’ b4 appearing in public/interview.

5. lizzy

April 17, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Hahahaha. Shy?

6. cleo

April 17, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I don’t get the shades indoors thing. If i were a show host i would add that as part of the invite to the show that no shades would be allowed. i need the ratings, you need the publicity. I dont see people appear on Oprah or Ellen with glasses. on your way there, fine. But inside whats the point?

7. Mamo

April 17, 2015 at 3:01 pm

But if they’re already “friends” like praiz said in his intro, please why did Iyanya now say “nice to meet you?” Please I don’t understand. And ha, yes, what’s up with the sunglasses indoors??? Na wa o!

8. olajumoke

April 17, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Behaving like blind men!

9. bn lover

April 17, 2015 at 5:19 pm

We ve digressed oh. The question is what do iyanya and priaz ve incommon… not what are they wearing shades indoor for?

10. Anon

April 18, 2015 at 12:21 am

Shades are because they are high as f. This was so boring. Yawns*

11. Hogan

April 18, 2015 at 2:16 pm

No disrespect to these guys but some of our artist should invest in improving themselves.
    1, Both gentlemen do not sound confident. They are acting up and not being real(language and body carriage).
    2. I think we have had enough of the sun shade”act”, it is totally irresponsible.
    They both look good with their outfit but messed it up with the sun shades.
    I know our artist are aspiring to be like the likes of Jay Z.
    They should spent time in studying those artist and see how they answer questions, act at interviews and how knowledgeable when they respond to questions being asked. They should read books to broaden their knowledge and horizon. Some of our “talented” artist are very shallow. My thots.

12. Hogan

April 18, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Am sorry for some of the errors noticed in my comment.

13. Tosin

April 19, 2015 at 11:45 am

Fun idea to pair them up. They look really carefully-dressed.
    There’s a lot of talent in Naija, Africa, the world, and I just hope we keep building platforms to harness and project that. Many artistes suffer because it’s tough to make money, because the ‘platforms’ or systems are not there, and I guess these brothers said, mennnn, no, I’ma make money. You’ve got to do you. You don’t owe me nada, right?

Thank you for Rich and Famous, Praiz. I remember when I first heard it. I dey inside bus sef dey press my ear on top the blackberry. I just dey replay the song. Might have been the first time I put a song on my phone. Not something I’ve done a lot in my life. Then the video was nice enough to make my list: lifelib.blogspot.com/2013/12/2013-music-video-experiences-my-list.html Now you haven’t kept me as a fan, you know why 🙂 but hey, do you. My taste is not the be-all and end-all. e.g. I LOVE Jesse Jagz. I have at least a Masters degree in Jesse Jagz’ music. Imagine seeing him in concert and the biggest tune of his was Wetin Dey. Like, to me, that song would not even make my top twenty Jesse Jagz. So popularity matters as well as other things, I guess.

The Iyanya revolution I didn’t care for until I went out and saw people dancing like maniacs to Kukere and esp. Your Waist. So I guess he made people happy. I also hear he’s very solid, has the voice and everything, just chooses to do such. He doesn’t have my attention at all. I bought his album I think, and there was nothing to make me keep it, it all seemed to have been done too fast, and I’m maybe looking for more 🙂 Still Bro, do you. My family loves you.
    There’s way too many options for me to be worried about the ones that are not really my style.

• Na We We

April 21, 2015 at 10:53 am

Interesting insights, so which Iyanya’s album did you buy? My Story OR Desire?