News

Adams Oshiomhole Debunks Rumours that New Wife is a Model | Says “She is a Model in My Heart”

Newlywed

Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole is still basking in the glow of newly wedded bliss. All he is talking about these days, is his lovely new wife, Lara Oshiomhole.

Speaking at a Thanksgiving Mass held at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Auchi, on Sunday, he debunked rumours circulating that his wife is a model, Premium Times reports.

“When I read newspaper stories and they say that Comrade has married a ‘top model’ I’m like maybe it’s another person.

The lady that God has directed to my path and heart to marry is not and was not a model. Of course, she looks beautiful and I understand that is why people assume that this kind of a lady must be a model but of course, she is a model in my heart and we hope and pray that we will be models in the heart of our God and I think that is the most important thing.

I ask you to please continue to pray for us. It is not easy. I lost my first wife and it is not possible to replace her. Yes, I have married another but it is not a replacement. You cannot replace a wife especially one you married when you were young and you were anonymous. Nobody knew you from anywhere, you had nothing, no car, no house; now, that you can never replace. But I understand that under the Catholic doctrine I am entitled to have another wife which is what I am trying to do.

Thank you for your prayers, support and blessings that you have always showered on me and the one you conveyed this morning on me and my new wife and we ask for more and more prayers that this marriage will be my last and that God will help us, to unite us and bond us together with the blood of Jesus”, he said.

Lara

Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and his wife, Lara, at a Thanksgiving Mass held at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Auchi, on Sunday, to thank God for the success of their wedding ceremony

Photo Credit: Bayo Omoboriowo/Premium Times

1. vikky

May 18, 2015 at 7:38 am

Is this his new duty now?…to be debunking rumours and setting the record straight about his new wife..ok…kontinu

2. Diddy

May 18, 2015 at 7:40 am

oshiomole see as u strong ur lips,anyway na ur luck so golibe

3. bruno FIERCE

May 18, 2015 at 8:17 am

wow!!! she looks so lovely in the white dress with black lace.

she’s so beautiful and vibrant she deserves better.
    some girls get mind sha.

• Nkechi

May 18, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Hmnn. She deserves better so what were her age mates doing when she turned 25, 26, 27 28… now in her thirties, the governor decided not to be intimidated. Everyone is talking. Do you even know the plight of this young lady. People assume that if you are so fine, automatically men will fall for you., Go and check out fine girls who have been used and dumped, some of them 40’s and 50’s still single.

4. Mizzy

May 18, 2015 at 9:03 am

Love is reli a beautiful thng. congratulations

5. Beeeee

May 18, 2015 at 9:09 am

Gosh can we move on from this marriage thing already??? Every time it seems like its about to die down, Comrade comes out to debunk a rumour. You don’t owe anyone any explanation. Enough already!!!!

6. Peg

May 18, 2015 at 9:09 am

She is beautiful!!!

7. Ebony

May 18, 2015 at 9:13 am

Buhari just seems ever present in all their photos

• Beeeee

May 18, 2015 at 9:23 am

lmao @ ever present

8. EseOsagie

May 18, 2015 at 9:58 am

Congratulations my Governor…. i am happy you went far to get a wife.

9. Tatler

May 18, 2015 at 10:00 am

I suspect he’s unknowingly married an escort who was looking to get out and start anew with a sole benefactor in a faraway land.

• ogeAdiro

May 18, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Is an escort not better than these criminals we have for politicians? No suspicion required.

• Warizdiz

May 18, 2015 at 5:16 pm

Oshiomole was/is the King of Orgies. Ethiopian and India girls in particular. So, guys free this babe. They both like each other. Period.

10. EseOsagie

May 18, 2015 at 10:30 am

Congratulations my Governor…

11. Ese Osagie

May 18, 2015 at 10:47 am

@BellaNaija mind yourselves oooo why can’t i post my congratulations to my governor abi the administrator sef dey vex?

CONGRATS COMRADE…. THIS LADY WOULD PRODUCE BEAUTIFUL BABIES

12. nene

May 18, 2015 at 11:30 am

the woman doesn’t look as pretty as i thought.

13. glowy

May 18, 2015 at 11:34 am

U guys go and check naijagistlive2 on ig oooooooooooo Chineke meeeee see gist of dis chic

14. lala

May 18, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Can this posting just die already. Things are just being overstretched and over adulterated .There sure are more entertaining stuff happening in this useless country.

15. deb

May 18, 2015 at 3:10 pm

Looking at the picture, if i dint know who they were, i would still say he’s an old man that married a young wife, but she’s not looking soooo young either (@ her eyes and neck). Maybe its lack of sleep sha, not passing judgment anyway. Everyone deserves love regardless of age, and if he’s genuinely found love with her like he’s conveyed in his comments here, then i’m happy for him. Congrats Gov and Mrs Oshiomole.

16. Tiny tintin

May 18, 2015 at 7:20 pm

What the hell was she thinking? He’s three times her age! Does she really want to spend the rest of her life with that crusty old dude?

17. letty

May 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm

..she is more than likely in awe of his power, or he must have told her the right things..no one but them can truly speak to the dynamics of their relationship..the enigma is that we are in shocked that a man like him married a woman almost half his age……I forgive all nija girls that I thought were the some of the only ones that like older men…it is obvious .ladies from other countries marry older men too for money, love or whatever else..

18. letty

May 18, 2015 at 8:31 pm

oh I just detest typos..i meant in shock… and also some of the only ones..not were the some…

19. Jhennique

May 19, 2015 at 9:11 am

abeg u guys shud chill abeg. The chick is just yellow. Its not like shez all that fine sef. Is she some sort of god that oshiomole no reach to marry or what?
    Make we hear word! Once una see oyibo una brain no dey set well again. Why didnt y’all make this much noise when dabota lawson married a man with a wider age gap between them than there is between oshio and his new wife? blabbers!

20. Jesbadoma

May 19, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Wonders shall never end. Enough said!

21. chi-e-z

May 20, 2015 at 3:32 am

I hope she uses the money get an education, enlightens herself not 2 be a man’s sex slave and develops a sense of respect for herself as well as her gender. There are women in their forties-sixties that would never fall this low. Her father is ridiculous for allowing this. My father would never let such happen . I normally keep my mouth shut on ppl’s romantic affairs but this is just disgusting of both persons.

22. K.Adesina

May 21, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Lmao!!
    Marriage is a beautiful but deadly concept that unfortunately in this day and age, many play with it as though it is a normal thing. I’m sure Mr Oshiomhole is quite aware of the controversy but to be quite truthful, it would be even worse if he was ‘one agbalagba sleeping around with useless girls’. Not claiming that I was present when he obtained counsel regarding his decision but in my opinion, it is better for him to settle with someone than to be an aged Casanova.
    Marriage may not stop him from cheating (maybe he’s not one to cheat..yes such men exist in this world lol), a man will cheat if his heart so desires to do so but as far as I am concerned, this was a smart move – both on his reputation. Think about it this way, Nigeria is a conservationist nation who would ridicule you for marrying ”a sugar baby” in-front of your face but would choose you in comparison to choosing a yeye walkabout that hops like a frog from bed to bed with different women.
    Side note: all of the comments concerned with her being a gold digger, lets talk about that. A man would rather stick with a woman who knows how to build him up (confidence and all) even if she is eating into his account, than stay with a woman who may not spend a dime of his money but continually rains abuse on his head. Oshiomhole has been married before so surely he’s not new at this, stop assuming this grand-dad was born yesterday and embrace the possibility that she does something different that other women who have attempted to date him may not have done.

23. K.Adesina

May 21, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Oh lest I forget, we all come from various backgrounds and upbringings. What is normal for one person will be different for another and secondly, you cannot measure one’s mental maturity by mere comparison to their biological age.
    I have met ”elders’ who are idiotic and senseless in their speeches and I know under 20years old youth that their words of wisdom ‘slays’ that of my mother and fathers generation.
    she may be mentally mature enough to handle dating a man of his age and caliber, how many of you can hold a sensible conversation with an elder without having the need to tweedle your thumb or keep quiet for the most part? how many of you can confidently express yourselves infront of a man significantly older than yourself without feeling the need to mentally distance yourself from him or act child-like? How many of your grand-parents seek your advice on issues, or even value your opinions or do you all come from an era of ‘when in the presence of an elder, one must be seen and not heard?’ Sarah was significantly younger than Abraham (Gen 17:17), and whilst she called him her father, she still was influential in her household.

• Nkechi

May 30, 2015 at 11:37 pm

it’s God’s Spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty One, that makes wise human insight possible.( Job 32:8). I agree with K on those terms, Don’t know Adams or wife personally regarding their relationship with God, but one thing I know is this, God is the only wise God and that is why a 17year old who seeks him for wisdom and obeys will do better than a 30yr old walking in his own ways, trial and error etc. That is just the truth. Older does not mean wiser. Some old people have more bad experiences due to lack of wisdom when they were younger. Therefore, old or young. Live in God’s wisdom.

24. lala

May 21, 2015 at 1:03 pm

i beg, stop supporting wrong things. i can sense u ar one of such parents who can give their daughters to marry such old man for money…. such parents ar enemies if our young generations.

GOD HAV MERCY ON OUR GENERATIONS.

• K Adesina

May 24, 2015 at 9:12 am

Me being a parent or not is partially irrelevant as you have identified, there are undoubtable senseless parents in Nigeria. But referring to my previous reply to Tiny, may I guide your attention to Olu Jacobs and Joke Silva who have 20 or so years age gap yet have been married for 30+ years..

25. Tiny

May 23, 2015 at 1:37 pm

At last … This man talks too much does he even know how foolish he looks? This can’t be love! Nooo. I have 0 respect for this girl infact I’m afraid of girls like this. It is scary how far people would go for fake and money! Shameful but can we all move on and leave this tomfoolery alone?

26. Tiny

May 23, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Look at this foolish k Adesina you obviously are one of his boy boy kobo kobo! How can you glorify a gold digger! Oshiomole is known by so many girls even when he was married. He would have waited till his tenure finished then married her quietly if at all she would agree. This is a disgrace! Iyara says he irritates her . She’s counting only 3 years but she might not stay! This man would see hell when the lights and action goes off.. Pls stop glorifying this… We have young beautiful girls who can work hard and marry a young succesful man or a man they can build thier lives with.. This is short cut and anyone glorifying this must be mad. You are such a fool to even be talking about Abrahams days…. Do people still live to 900 years? Shameful… This is a gold digger and a peadophile.. He shows her the money and she like, the power and she shows him the beauty and lies

27. K Adesina

May 24, 2015 at 9:07 am

@ Tiny, sorry did I activate a sore spot with you?
    I’m actually neither of the above, sometimes all may not be what it seems. Unless you know Oshiomole personally, then to be quite frank you and I are mere spectators in this whole situation.
    Define a pedophile because it seems like if a woman voluntarily chooses an elder guy to date, that’s the nearest name we would call the guy and a gold-digger would be the choice word for the woman.
    who spoke of anyone living to the age of 900 years? The last man that lived to such age was Methuselah and after him God reduced the age man could live to but of what relevance was that to your point?
    Joke Silva is 53 years and Olu Jacobs is 72 yet they’ve been married for over 30 years..would you call Olu Jacobs a pedophile or would you say that Joke SIlva is a golddigger..better yet, is it because both of them are agbalagbas so therefore it doesnt count?

28. Unoma

May 29, 2015 at 10:34 pm

The wife is not stupid. At his age she can see he is not long for this world and boom she inherits all his loot. Love has nothing to do with it

29. Dan