Connect with us

News

Ebola Cases Rise in Guinea & Sierra Leone – WHO

Published

 on

Ebola 2

The World Health Organisation (WHO), confirmed on Tuesday that Ebola has spread further in Guinea and Sierra Leone.

Bruce Aylward, WHO Special Representative for Ebola in Geneva, told a technical briefing attended by health ministers that there were 36 new cases in the past week.

He said the situation was four times as many cases as the week before.

Aylward said the findings were an indication that the virus would not go quietly and it would take an extraordinary effort to finish the job.

Liberia was declared Ebola-free earlier in May.

Photo Credit: Businessinsider.com

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in May 1976 to gather and distribute news on Nigeria and cover events of interest to Nigeria at the international level for the benefit of the Nigerian Media and the Public.

2 Comments

  1. Martha

    May 19, 2015 at 4:04 pm

    Effective security and health screening at the guinea-Sierra Leone boarder is a major problem. Security again for quarantined homes in Sierra Leone is still a challenge as people are running away from quarantined homes with secure presence. Hope Ebola will finish soon as the raining season is already here (in Sierra Leone) and the state of emergency is almost a year now. God please help us, we want to return to normal life.

  2. Tosin

    May 19, 2015 at 8:57 pm

    nawww. whyyy?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Star Features

Advertisement
css.php