Relationships

Emmanuel Adebayor Shares More Insight into His Family Drama with New Post about his Older Brother, Kola Adebayor!

11255215_1656411337920885_4506304208915051317_nFootballer Emmanuel Adebayor is still talking about his family drama in a bid to shed more light on what he has been going through in the past few years.

In his newest post, which talks about his older brother, he concludes by saying ‘But If I die, no one would know my story, no one would learn from it… Some people say I should keep these stories private, but someone has to sacrifice himself; someone has to talk about it. I know people would relate to my story and others would learn from it.’

Read the lengthy post below.

SEA, if I decide to bring out the Part 3 today, it is because my brother @Kola Adebayor and my other siblings have decided to talk about our family issues on social medias, through letters to my club, radios…I could write an autobiography and sell it but I decided to share with you here.

25 years ago, my big older brother Kola went to Germany and he became the hope of our family. We all thought he could change the way we were living. Years after he left Togo, we still had no electricity and no phones. If he wanted to talk to us, he would call the Atlantic Hotel that was very close to our house. We would then run to the hotel reception and talk to him.

When I got the opportunity to go play football in France for the first time, we needed money to for the flight tickets and other expenses. My brother was nowhere to be found. Only God knows what he was doing in Germany.

When I arrived in France, I did all the paperwork with my team and they allowed me to stay in the academy. A few months later, my brother wanted to come visit me. I was running out of money and I was living at the academy. Therefore, I had to borrow money so I could pay for his hotel. At that time, my teammate Sega N’diaye from Cameroon was kind enough to lend me some money. I also had to borrow some more money because I had to give my brother some money for his trip back to Germany. Keep in mind he is my older brother.

A couple years later, things started to get better. Thank God, I signed a contract with Metz. Since then, my brother would contact me whenever it was time to pay his bills. Sometimes, he would say his son is sick… I had to get used to all this.

Again, I was lucky enough to get an offer from Monaco and I signed for the football club. One day, Kola and the late Peter Adebayor came to visit me in Monaco. My two brothers did not let me know they were coming. Someone said “blood is thicker than water” so I took them in. They arrived early in the morning and I was on my way to training. When I came back home, we had a discussion and they wanted to start a car business. Obviously, it involves a lot of money. I told them that I could help them out as soon as I get paid next. At that time, Thierry Mangwa was staying in my apartment because he was struggling with some personal issues and needed a place to stay. One day, I came back from training and he was crying. He never told me why. My brothers could also not explain. Another day, one of my friends Padjoe came to visit me and as he was leaving the house, I believe I offered him about €500. My brother Kola noticed that and was very upset. He was trying to understand why I gave my friend some money right away but not him. My reason was very simple; the money he (Kola) needed was a huge amount of money that I did not carry in my house. We went on and had an argument about it.

Another day, after training…I was very tired and decided to go take a nap. I woke up and a knife was held to my throat. As I opened my eyes, both of my brothers were there. They were shouting and they claimed that I was wasting their time. Peter was going mad and Kola was supporting. I asked them: “Is this the only way to solve this issue? I yes, then kill me and take the money”. It’s only at that moment that he put the knife down. After all this, I found a way out of my own apartment and I called my parents. My mom suggested that I call the police. That was the only way for me to get back into my house safely… I had training the next day, by the way. So I did what my mom said. Police came and they settled down. Again, “blood is thicker than water”, so I let it go. A few days after, Peter went to visit one of Kola’s friends in Paris. That means I was left in the house with Kola; for my own safety, I found a way to get him the money as soon as I could. Only God knows how much I gave him that day.

A few months after all this, I went back to Togo and I was surprised when my mom started to ask me why I called the police on my brothers, she continued and said I am the bad person in the family. That is another story I will leave for later…

Every time I went back home, everyone kept asking me why my brother never visited after all these years. Immediately, I organized a flight for him and he came back to visit the family, at my own expenses.

On April 22nd 2005, we received some bad news. I received a call and they announced that my father passed away. I was devastated. I called my big brother and told him that we all have to be there. Again I made sure there was a flight ticket ready for him. We all went back home and I took care of everything. A long time before my dad died, he was in the hospital one day and he asked me to make sure his funeral is not a moment of sadness. He wanted us to celebrate his life. I leave it to God to decide if the funeral I organized for my dad was what he wanted. The man who calls himself the “big man” in the family did not contribute to anything. But he still has the boldness to say I do not take care of this family.

In 2006, I had another big opportunity to go play for Arsenal. Since then, my brother has started to come up with series of false accusations against me.

On July 22nd, 2013 sad news hit us in the family. My brother Peter Adebayor passed away. His death was sad and I was affected by it. One thing I find difficult to swallow today is that Kola was accusing me of Peter’s death. He is saying that the shop I opened for Peter was not good enough. He kept texting saying that my career would be destroyed. I did everything for Peter when he was alive, I brought him to Metz, and Monaco with me. What can Kola say that he has done for Peter? Nothing. The man did not even show up at the funeral even after all the money I sent for the trip back home.

He is saying that I also made my mom suffer, but he forgot that when he was in Germany, at some point I was the one always by my mom’s side. As soon as I started to make a living with football, I did everything you could imagine for our mom. That is normal. But my brother is never satisfied. He said I bought a shitty car for my mom. Why can’t he buy a better one? All I want from him is to take his responsibilities. Since I am not doing it right, he should show the example as a big brother. He has been in Germany for more than 20 years, but he never brought our mother there to visit. Even to go back home for a visit is another struggle. All he keeps saying is that my father said I should build a house for each one of them. I don’t think my father said that. Does that even make sense for him or anyone? As a big brother, he is supposed to be doing all that I am doing for the family. He should stop hiding and take his responsibilities. When he came to Europe, he was young enough to become a football player too. Anyways, some people are drivers here but they are able to take care of their families. They even bring their parents and other family members. Why has he not done anything like that but he keeps talking? As a matter fact, he should at least bring Rotimi, Bidemi or his own son Aziz here before talking about “taking care of the family”. Actions are louder than speeches.

A lot of people are saying that I never went to school, but they forget that it is because we could not afford it. I never blamed my parents for that. But thank God, today I am able to speak more than 3 languages and I can send my daughter to school. I am proud of that. People can accuse me for not going to school, but in the end it is all about who you become and what you teach yourself. It is also about what life teaches you and what you learn from it.
Many times I wanted to give up. Ask my sister Iyabo Adebayor how many times I have called and was ready to commit suicide? I kept these stories for years… But If I die, no one would know my story, no one would learn from it… Some people say I should keep these stories private, but someone has to sacrifice himself; someone has to talk about it. I know people would relate to my story and others would learn from it. For every one who knows me, I’d do anything for my country and my people.

Final message from the younger brother to the older brother: Quit Smoking and Quit Drinking. That was my story.

‪#‎GodFirst ‪#‎GodIsGood ‪#‎TakeResponsabilities ‪#‎TruthOverLies‪#‎GoodOverEvil

1. LotusFlower

May 20, 2015 at 11:07 am

I feel for him. He is really struggling to deal with his family. I also understand what he means about dying and his story remaining buried. All families have issues. While I wouldn’t discuss my family drama in public, I won’t judge him for airing his family drama. In a way, it even shields him because people like that can kill for money. Bunch of ungrateful leaches.

2. Oyin

May 20, 2015 at 11:17 am

may God have mercy oh..

ñkan be

3. anane

May 20, 2015 at 11:22 am

We heard you, now it is time for you to be more mature and concentrate on your own family. You opened up about the vultures in your inner circle, your family and we all appreciate. But as a man, you should be able to control your mouth in circumstances and know when it is right for you to talk. We do not need more access to your closet and your family’s issues need to be kept private. Also, i reckon that as a public figure, many will identify with your story and find ways to move on with their lives, away from the negativity. I sincerely hope that you make yourself happy by leaving behind those energies that are working for your downfall. You have been good to your family as expected and at your own expenses. Nothing bad comes out of a charitable hands and you will be blessed immensely. Don’t look back, move forward!

• Adaobi

May 20, 2015 at 6:06 pm

Shut up pls. He is free to say whatever he wants. they obviously want to kill him and are possessed by the evil spirit of entitlement. You go tell his family to stop fabricating lies about him. Mchew

• nira

May 20, 2015 at 7:31 pm

Anane, dont judge when you do not know how it feels or what he is going through. Dude just said they wrote to his club, they tried to kill him once, and u re saying he should be more mature and concentrate on his family. Really???? Nah, I thing he should speak out, get help (since he has started to think of suicide) and concentrate on himself and his family. I just pray God heals him and changes the heart of his family!!! Its really a difficult tjing to go through.

4. Taiwo

May 20, 2015 at 11:28 am

Some families do have ’em, but in his case it seems his whole family are leeches.
    Pele Emmanuel

5. Naked

May 20, 2015 at 11:28 am

I think at this stage he should put a stop to this story about his family. Family is still family and believe me you, every family has its own secret and and situations. Revealing too much could also be detrimental in future to come. At this stage that he has said so much that the world knows the situation on, then now is the time to apply other methods in solving this situation.

I just hope nollywood producers won’t depict this story into a movie.

• Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 6:51 am

It would make a blockbuster movie!

6. AnnieRose

May 20, 2015 at 11:36 am

This is really sad. Lesson Learnt, Never Take Anything For Granted. The gift of A Good Family Is One Of Life’s Greatest Blessings. Running To Call My Siblings Now.

7. abena

May 20, 2015 at 11:43 am

Adebayor, you have done enough for your family!Leave them alone if they are behaving like a bunch of ostriches!!MTCHEEWW

8. La'Shonda Balogun

May 20, 2015 at 11:47 am

Hmm, Emmanuel you really have to learn to forgive. You are clearly hurting and if even half of this stuff is true then its understandable why you are hurting so much. But this is not the answer. Exposing family secrets to the world for what? This won’t give you release or peace.

I just don’t understand why he would just expose all of this gist to the world. If your family are users and abusers, point out to THEM why this is the case and then cut off all contact because clearly they began to see you as a cash machine/solution to all their problems rather than a son/brother. But don’t allow yourself to be used time and time again and then air your dirty laundry to the world. Why would you betray your family to strangers?

• Adaobi

May 20, 2015 at 6:09 pm

I mistakenly liked your comment twice. Better change your mentality, it’s women with this useless mentality that get killed by their husband because they refused to expose them for the wife beaters they are. Let him talk. Enough is Enough.

• Percy

May 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm

Please shut up.. are you blind? Or is it that you cant read? Someone has being explaining his ordeal and you are on your computer or phone typing about betrayal, may God not allow you pass through or see what he has being going through..

9. Diesel

May 20, 2015 at 11:54 am

I pray they won’t frustrate this guy to the extend of him committing suicide , since the suicide thought had crossed his mind once . Hope the family members will be happy if that happens. They had better let him be. After all no be by force to help.

• nene

May 20, 2015 at 4:08 pm

gbam. with the way he’s talking, he seems to either be clearing up his mind so he can feel better, or he may have lost hope in life and feels like talking out because he knows he has nothing to lose if he commits suicide or dies.

10. Miss Pee

May 20, 2015 at 11:55 am

Trust me, i can totally relate to this story. In many African homes, when you have money, you’re the favourite family member and when you cannot afford it, you’re an instant enemy. you can’t even have a life of your own anymore and make decisions for yourself. yes, blood is thicker than water, but the enemy within is the most dangerous; they know you well so they tackle you from where it will hurt the most. After loosing my father, the same man who was the breadwinner of almost everyone in his community; training people in school, distributing food items during christmas e.tc all of a sudden became a man who didn’t do anything for anyone. After he passed, I even came across the list of items he distributed for the previous christmas in his room. yet, because he was not there to defend himself, they came up with all sorts of stories. In as much as we help people because of our good nature, as humans we also like to feel appreciated. it does not necessarily mean you want anything in return but it is just encouraging to know that someone appreciates your effort. Emmanuel Adebayor, do not allow your family turn you into a monster. live your life for those who love you. In the end, truth will always prevail.

11. oj

May 20, 2015 at 11:56 am

if anything happens to him, the world knows who is responsible. pls share your story. things like this are more common than u can imagine.
    women (and men), as u pray about the kind of husband (wife) you want, add his (her) family too. can’t imagine what his better half is going thru.

• nene

May 20, 2015 at 4:08 pm

gbam

• Adaobi

May 20, 2015 at 6:11 pm

One million likes to your comment

12. papermoon

May 20, 2015 at 11:58 am

My first impulse was to complain about him washing his family laundry in public…. but the stench of the stories keeps stoking my anger at his family….. where from these monsters?

Sorry guy, but thats what you get when you are surrounded by non achievers. they tend to think you owe them. their sense of entitlement is out of this world.

You have no business trying to kill yourself, if they border you that much, shut them out, after all by what you say, you ve done enough.

About your education, education is not only in the classroom. If you can teach yourself to read and write, you can teach yourself to take examination for most certificates if you wish.

People have entered the university with SSS certificates they earned at remedial classes, they were never in a proper school, but there they are.

you started working young, supports your family and still taught yourself three languages. You are what champions are made of.

• nene

May 20, 2015 at 4:09 pm

exactly. he is a champion, he is hardworking, and a successful man by all standards.

• papermoon

May 21, 2015 at 10:29 am

Nene, its really upsetting me. Talk of taking pain killers for someone

13. nwanyi na aga aga

May 20, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Bella and shade “Emmanuel Adebayor Shares More “Insight” into His Family Drama with New Post about his Older Brother, Kola Adebayor!” insight ke? looooool!

14. tunmi

May 20, 2015 at 12:07 pm

From what I see, he thought having money would make life easier. And it does. And it also shows you people’s true colors. His younger brother already had issues before he made it big but he couldn’t see it at the time. His older one also has issues that were not clear at the time. Imagine being threatened at knife point for money, bros that is when I cut off all ties (pun not intended). He should keep telling his story because I sure am learning from it. My own take is this: I am not dumping money on anyone. I can and will provide monwntsry support but you have to meet me halfway, hell 2/3 of the way.

• Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 6:49 am

3/4.
      no 95%.

• tunmi

May 21, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Lmao Tosin. I’m with you.

15. Anon

May 20, 2015 at 12:21 pm

The whole story is akin to killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

Sad at the dysfunctional family.

“it is because my brother @Kola Adebayor and my other siblings have decided to talk about our family issues on social medias, through letters to my club.”

They wrote his club? That’s crossing the line.

16. Omoté

May 20, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Initially I was of d opinion that he keeps his private affair private but now I understand. It’s the typical african family set up. One person bleeds for the whole family even the ones who have refused to make something of themselves. Do your duty towards your mother and don’t allow yourself be emotionally blackmailed into doing more for people who do not appreciate it.

17. smh to some of you

May 20, 2015 at 1:32 pm

we all have different ways of dealing with our issues. nobody has the right to tell him not to express how he’s feeling. let him let it all out however he pleases,he will feel so much better. what is wrong with some of you with this “family is everything’ nonsense you always type?still they kill him you know not all families are the same right?can any of you take half of what he’s been through and not commit suicide? don’t you dare judge him for dealing with it the way he wants to free his mind. may we be wise enough to know no matter how much you love your family if they are asking for your blood….it is not worth it. i pray Adebayor finds innermost peace because he has tried.

• Matthew 12:48-50

May 20, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I think this is the best coment I’ve read on this thread so far.

• nene

May 20, 2015 at 4:10 pm

great comment

• Adaobi

May 20, 2015 at 6:16 pm

You are very sensible. Don’t mind these people with spirit of entitlement typing rubbish about family being everything. They can have several seat.

18. No name

May 20, 2015 at 1:36 pm

I really can relate to this. It’s apparent adebayor had to tell this to the media coz he doesn’t have who to talk to and nobody truly understands. Go on adebayor, if this will truly lift the weight of your heart.
    My hubby is almost in a similar situation. Hated by the elder brother all because he has a nice job. Even when he is the one that runs the brothers life, starting from house rent, children’s school fee, pocket money and any other thing u can imagine. Still so much hatred. He even gave him a lump some amount of money to start business but he used it to host friends.
    Sometimes it makes my hubby cry cos notting he does seems to please him n he can’t talk to the mum cos he will simply tell him to give him whatever he wants cos every body feels he has so much. Lately, my hubby has choose to live his life and be happy and not letting the negative energy successes in his life.
    He got angry cos my hubby built a house and dint puts a little house for him too in the compound, dat my hubby has not bought him a car even when he can’t provide money for fuel on his own, dat my hubby has not gotten him a job in the company he his working even when my husband just started working few years ago and doesn’t have connection whatsoever. He has even refused to ask his best friend who own a company to employ him has his staff all becoz he needs what my hubby has.
    My husband sponsored his marriage but when it was my hubby’s turn to get married to him he cased trouble…in both TM and wedding!
    Denting my hubby’s name every where. I can go on and on and on….
    N/b My hubby has eight siblings and a mum. 3 are in tertiary institution and my hubby is the one sponsoring them plus my hubby is just a salary earner. Lemi stop the rant b4 I loose it.

• O

May 20, 2015 at 2:58 pm

@No name, you need to pray for your husband. Pray for wisdom for him, and that no weapon fashioned against him shall prosper. He does not need to provide for any of his siblings, he only needs to provide for his mum.

• Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 6:47 am

he does not need to provide for his mum. thank you.

• Rose Okwy

May 20, 2015 at 7:16 pm

I can so relate to this, some families are the down fall of a successful individual because they think that you owe them.

• God's Gold

May 21, 2015 at 7:20 pm

No name. I really would like to talk you. I am in exactly the same position. Me I don tire one person dey carry de entire family. Si mi wahala and my husband is not even the first or the second or third. Please leave an email address or something.

19. No name

May 20, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Forgive my typos. Typing with a baby at hand is the most difficult thing in the world. #proudmama

20. Bella

May 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm

I really feel for this guy joor. All we see is the outside, the exterior of the person and we forget the drama and burden at times that comes from being an African child. My dear, you have shared light in this story and I hope you find peace in your life, at times we honestly need to shut the door and focus on number 1, because the fact is this, everyone has a life to live and theirs will still go on when yours has ended prematurely due to their stresses. And people like to say African don’t suffer from depression, this guy has passed through a lot at the hands of his so called family, With this type of family is not better to be an orphan. My dear take heart o, and thank you for letting the world know, You have shown light on some other people’s lives. E no easy, money and family and friends, kai!

• Amy Jacobs

May 21, 2015 at 5:14 am

I am impressed by most of the comments on this site. Thank God we are becoming more open as a society. For those who still like to talk about the “blood is thicker than water saying” my question is are Africans the only ones with blood cells? Are our red and white blood cells so unique that we are entitled to milk other people dry under the guise of blood is thicker… Most married people have a bond stronger than any with their spouse, are they related by blood to such spouses? Before anyone jumps on my comment negatively, I can totally relate with this guy, in fact I feel sorry for him and I pray that God rewards him and gives him rest!

21. Gorgeous

May 20, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Me, i dont have pawa for anybody wahala. My family kuku know. If you over do yourself i cut you off ni straight. This life na only one o. Please elongate my life by behaving and respecting yourself. I am the last card and i take no mess from any of them. I need my sanity and peace in tact to succeed in this life i am building for myself. So make everybody park well and respect themselves.

22. NaijaPikin

May 20, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Family molests child, keep it in the fam. Molester goes on to abuse many more innocent kids and these kids lives are rined forever.

Family threatens and assaults everyone in the household, keep it in the fam, and someone finally gets killed.

Family steals from momsie and popsie, keep it in the fam, and family becaomes an armed robber ruining many lives until he is eventually killed.

At some point people have to realize “keeping it in the fam” never did any good for anyone. These Adebayor folks are [email protected]#ing with his money (writing to his club and all) and people want him to keep quiet. Guy contemplated suicide and people want him to keep quiet.

Oga Emmanuel abeg fire on. If it makes your burden lighter, continue to offload your truths.

Nigerians need to stop making excuses for bad behavior, it doesn’t bring any good. Bad behavior should not be tolerated from anyone. Anyone who will purposely try to hurt me does not deserve my love. That we are blood doesn’t give you a license to run me down

23. nene

May 20, 2015 at 4:05 pm

i am literally in tears. i’ve always liked adebayor. i saw him as a younger kanu nwankwo, who is also a very good and amazing man. i hope adebayor has enough support from those people who truly love him because this is a very depressed, disappointed and sad man. Adebayor may god help you through this, so you may be able to move on and be happy again! Blood is thicker than water yes, but family is not just by mouth. if you ain’t showing me love, you’re not family. shikena.

24. cutee

May 20, 2015 at 5:23 pm

I personally blame their parents. #upbringingmattersalot.

• Rose Okwy

May 20, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Blame it on greed and entitlements

25. Adaobi

May 20, 2015 at 6:30 pm

For all those typing rubbish about keeping it in the family please have several seats. I have experienced first hand what Adebayo is going through and how ungrateful African families can be. They feel they are entitled to have a share of your wealth. 6 of my cousins are living in my father’s house presently and all of them are older than me. My father is just an Average guy buy to them he is a billionaire and they want a share of the national cake. He has seen more than 20 of my cousin’s through school both university and secondary but they see it as his responsibility. Sometimes they gossip aloud that they know my father give his children 50 thousand a month pocket money (which is not true) but give them 20k. They are all older than me o and I’m already 25, working and leaving in my own house . I remember when i was in school sometimes my father will not even have money to give to us his children but will find a way to give them just to make them stop scandalising his name in the village. Till today they are still not satisfied, my father is still the wicked rich brother and uncle while his children are the spoiled brats and my mon the wicked woman that is preventing their brother from helping them. It’s really sad. Sorry for the long epistle and possible typos.

• Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 6:45 am

lol,
      i remember one Negro Spiritual titled Scandalize My Name. I would have just sang that for them. Blackmail no be work.

• Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 2:44 pm

sung

26. chy

May 20, 2015 at 6:37 pm

What is family if my brothers could write bad things to my club for me to be fired? What is family if my brothers could use knife to challenge me? Have been there! My husband was the bread winner. He told me that if not for his devotion to his family he would have married wen he was 25 because he made it earlier. He used extra 7yrs to stand everyone in his family and married @ 32. Even @ dat, the family pressure did not stop. He walked extra for us, family and extended families(was paying school fees and house rent, even extra). To cut the story short, he came back one day and fainted, from their one thing led to another, he died a year later at 40. All these people dat he helped promised me heaven on earth. After d

• Amy Jacobs

May 21, 2015 at 5:21 am

I feel sad at all these experiences. I pray that you find comfort and peace in Jesus name. People, we are not the Jehovah Jireh of anybody, extended family in particular. God is the provider. We should help as much as lies within our power but anything else is stupidity. some people don’t want to be independent and they will eventually pull you down if you allow them. I graduated with a good degree 27 years ago, even though I’m female, for a quarter of a century I devoted myself to fending for everybody. Now close to 50, I look back and realize some of it was so stupid it may have been induced.. There are many people suffering what this guy suffered at various stages and to different degrees. Be wise and …harmless

27. joe

May 20, 2015 at 7:36 pm

He needs to let it out, must he die because of his family? Half of wat he has taking i’m sure you can’ even take them. I see a hurting man here, would you be happy if he commit suicide because he needs to protect his family that don’t give shit about him.

28. ada

May 20, 2015 at 9:15 pm

At end of the day..you can support ur family emotionally and other ways..financial help is not always the answer..maybe growing up every sibling should work hard and sort themselves out. .i dont believe in basically paying for everything for a sibling..if he cannot take care of himself now go and.sponsor his marraige?then wife and kids will now be on my head..utter madness ..thats why saving is very hard cus of all these extra expenses..the sad thing is the ones that need financial help and will use it to better themselves are so little..Leaches are way more..

29. mystery....

May 20, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Story of my life…sacrificed so much..yet badly burnt..learned to do me..I walked away from dem all..orphans survive…so would i

30. Doxa

May 20, 2015 at 9:37 pm

So sorry to read this. May God continue to strenghten you.

31. nwa nna

May 21, 2015 at 1:59 am

Damn! This dudes family are a bunch of leeches and ingrates, unfortunately this isn’t synonymous to his family alone because for whatever reason in our African culture once a member of the family becomes upwards mobile the entire clan feels like they are entitled & all they do is suck you dry.
    You’ve to learn when to say no & let them go fend for themselves because if you don’t they’ll simply milk you dry….
    As for as him venting on a public medium, sometimes you just need to air out before you blow a gasket, I’m glad he’s calling out their BS but the sad part is these leeches have no shame.

32. nnenne

May 21, 2015 at 2:09 am

Most people living in diaspora can relate to this. Fellow BE readers, please allow his need to verbalize. It’s very therapeutic.
    Our people are really greedy. The sad part is once they start, it doesn’t stop. No matter how much you invest in them, they will never stand on their feet.
    The irony is that , by the end of the day, these same people will turn around and ask you what you have achieved, forgetting how much of your money they wasted.
    Like Mr. Adebayo, one man came to our house one day and almost cried. His brothers even scammed him on the money he sent for them to buy a bus for transportation. He was actually buying it for them. They doubled the cost price.
    Terrible.

33. Dee-USA

May 21, 2015 at 4:04 am

Whatever other side of the story that exists (and I assume there’s one,) that we’re not getting doesn’t change the fact that this man is overwhelmed, overburdened and over-extended. If only half of what he says is true (buying mom a house, supporting siblings et. al) then he has done more than enough. He has his own immediate family to support now and they are his primary responsibility. God forbid he dies or his career ends tomorrow, I hope his children will have something left to support themselves with.

No one has the right to tell anyone how to deal with personal issues. It’s obvious this is a cathartic form for him. Plus, it lays out some history, background and motive if anything suspicious happens to this man. Haven’t we heard enough stories of families robbed of their late parent’s wealth because daddy’s brother came and claimed all his property as his family’s. Or people doctoring wills to rob children of their inheritance? If anything happened to Adebayor tomorrow and you hear everything was willed to his mother and siblings, wouldn’t it raise suspicious doubt?

Abeg, free this guy oh. It is his family, and if he wants to shame them, let it be. All this family is family talk is crap. I’ve watched many a Dateline story involving a parent killing a child or vice versa for life insurance money, siblings eliminating each other for family inheritance. Those were families by blood too. What good did that do them?

34. Tosin

May 21, 2015 at 6:36 am

The funniest bit was “All he keeps saying is that my father said I should build a house for each one of them.” Guy, this your brother is a 419. And since you have quit advice for him, here’s some quit advice for you: QUIT FALLING FOR THE MAGA. Chai, see how they misused a nice guy.
    If you can’t find a counselor, seriously now, I will coach you. Taurus to Pisces, I got your back.

35. same situation

May 21, 2015 at 9:14 am

I am living the same situation so I can totally relate with Emmanuel Adebayor. I wonder what’s wrong with us a Africans, you have a sibling who is a shining light, who goes the extra mile to support their entire family yet you keep hating on him. Why are we like this? I don’t even want to go into any detils because my story is LONGGGGG. I know that God will continue to bless the hand that giveth. If you don’t help your family, they hate on you…yet when you do they try to raise an army against you. It’s such a pity that others can be so VILE sometimes!! Emmanuel Adebayor, if you read this, know that there are people out there who feel you, who understand your pain who know that what you say is 100% true. Stay true to yourself but cut these people off! They don’t deserve to be called family. For everyone oing through a similar situation, put your faith in God and He shall continue to uplift you. You will stand among kings to the glory of God. Your seeds of blessings shall not go unrewarded. You will reap a bountiful harvest and the devil wil be put to shame. God is not man hence CANNOT lie. Believe that. God bless everyone

36. kingy

May 21, 2015 at 11:02 am

I will advice u to will all ur property to your daughter and to some charitable organisations although I am not wishing u dead ooooo or looking for ur timely demise I just wanna be happy to see ur family inherit anything from ur property

37. rojei

May 22, 2015 at 5:10 am

I am Jamaican and I know how hard it can be growing up in a third world country. But I made it to the United States to better my life, I didn’t depend on anyone. His brothers are leeches, and cowards, if he didn’t become a professional footballer what would that be doing. Respect adebayor, God bless.

38. truthhurts

May 23, 2015 at 8:40 am

I really feel sad about what African families are going thru as a result of greed and laziness. If only pple will stop assisting these lazy bunch called family members. The reason they keep coming for more is cos, they are been given wat dey requested 4. If you teach a family member how to fish, u have tried. Do not go any further, let dem sort demselves out. D truth is u can never satisfy dem wit all d good deeds, d pple dat suffer after u die are ur immediate family members(wife and kids) no one will assist them. My take is #focusonurimmediatefamily# shikena