Music

New Video: Wizkid – Expensive Sh*t

A few days after dropping his latest single called ‘Expensive Sh*t’, Star Boy CEO Wizkid has dropped the video as well.

Directed by Sesan in South Africa, the video boasts of women, money, jewelry, liquor and cars as Wizkid shows off his taste.

1 2 4 3 5 6

The video gets a bit raunchy towards the end.

7 8 9 10 11 12

Watch the video here.

1. Cynthia

May 20, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Just hearing the song for the first time and I love the fusion of instruments. Is Femi Kuti part of the production? By the way, the video no expensive at all…just looks normal!! Love you though Sesan ?

2. Ebiere

May 20, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Davido who??? Wizzys gat more class Joor.,.atleast he ain’t gat 3 Eskimos running around him in all his videos(yess!!! I’m throwing shades at bred, sina and spesh)

• Damilola

May 20, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Davido, wiz kid and all these artist who do stupid videos of just bunch of girls is getting out of control. They need to take a break to reevaluate themselves or just get lost. And all they do now is emulate American artists and videos. Have babymamas, have nonsense videos full of girls talking about butts or fast money.

Even though, nigerian entertainment industry lack authentic talent but Flavour, P square, main crew are doing much better. It will be nice to see these artists sing about social issues, real love, etc for once

• June

May 20, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Damilola PREEEAAAACCCCHHHHHH!!!! There is no originality these days. It’s always about bums ,boobs, expensive clothes, cars, alcohol ! What next? Copying blindly.

3. Janet

May 20, 2015 at 1:33 pm

Tanya get liver o! If I see my guy kissing on someone like that, e go do me somehow – even if I know it’s acting for the video! Lol

• olu

May 20, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Call me naive but I seriously doubt those two are dating. With the rate at which they share pictures, have you ever seen any pix of them get cosy? I think the ‘relationship’ is just a responsbility publicity move..thanks to Banky.

• nene

May 20, 2015 at 3:55 pm

seconded

• K.K

May 22, 2015 at 12:27 am

Ehyah!!! So pictures now determine how strong a relationship is? Gerrara hia jare # I blame instagram sha#

4. Rosie

May 20, 2015 at 1:44 pm

hian, na wa o…pls, whats the correlation between expensive shit and the kissy kissy/raunchy end of the video….love the song tho

5. igwedalu

May 20, 2015 at 2:31 pm

wizzy if u r reading this… you r #dope. u r so on a diff level. yaga!

6. Didi

May 20, 2015 at 2:57 pm

I can’t tell the head and tail of this music. Worst song ever. And he hopes for a colabo with Asha? Get over yourself boy!

7. EllesarisEllendil

May 20, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Are there no fine houses in Nigeria???? Looks like “we’ve” gotten over our faux outrage against South Africa.

• eyong

May 20, 2015 at 6:16 pm

I’ll be honest here most nigerian houses are quite drab. Infact, apart from Haven Homes, I am yet to see one building complex that simply took my breath away. It always baffles me when I’m watching movies and you see a huge exterior, and the interior is just so ugly. The paint, the arrangment of funiture, the funiture… very wowo. No doubt there are beautiful houses in naija, but those that can afford it would most likely not give it out for filming in. South Africa on the other hand I have noticed has one of the most beautiful real estates in the whole of Africa. They have lawns! (Most nigerian houses only have cobblestones, no greenery insight and that irks me to death. Lol)

• donjazzyagain

May 21, 2015 at 2:39 am

Thank you very much . I HATE nigerian houses with a passion . It goes with our way of life , exterior is fab interior is rubbish. Finishing is just j
      horrible and everyone just acts like it’s normal. The furniture used are soo archaic or Modula leather no contemporary.why do we have those traditional kingdom type chairs everywhere in this day and age . Gosh.

8. Xo

May 20, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Mscheew

9. Anita

May 20, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Women!!! We should help ourselves, see how women littered everywhere like trash in the video. Once the ogene (gong) is sounded they will all run out and start exposing all body parts of theirs, different men touching and smooching your bodies. It really baffles me becos all the men you will see in all these music videos will be fully dressed some even wearing a tee-shirt before put a shirt on and the lady dancing with him will be almost naked. See the lady with wizkid and look at wizkid, if they are in a room about to get down on something at least Wizzy’s tee shirt should be off, what of the guy in the pool, the lady is on bikini while the guy is wearing shirt and trouser should he not be wearing a swimming trunk? Have some respect for yourselves and womanhood Abeg. We keep demanding respect from Men,let us respect ourselves first!

10. tunde

May 20, 2015 at 3:33 pm

well done foolish boi, no common sense, am sorry for you wizzy your end is coming fast why re y’all saying this song is dope , you all need to wake up from this trash our musicians are giving us

11. Anita

May 20, 2015 at 3:44 pm

@ BN you now swallow comments abi? Odi mma daalu nu.

12. nene

May 20, 2015 at 3:55 pm

and this boy has a girlfriend? that girl must have low self esteem.

• Paloma

May 21, 2015 at 9:14 am

Very low!

• K.K

May 22, 2015 at 12:20 am

low self esteem because her boyfriend who is an artiste kissed a girl in a video..Smh.. mike Ezuruonye, Van vicker and the rest must have wives with the lowest self esteem then.. mtscheew! #Chief justice of the federation#. #Na una go still dance to the so called rubbish# #hypocrites#.

13. Meh

May 20, 2015 at 4:33 pm

BN if you like don’t post this comment. This video is trash.. Utter trash. I still don’t understand how y’all can continue to encourage the objectification of women by promoting stupid ass videos like this one. Anything for traffic right? Asides the creative use of the sax in this song, the beat is the same old “fela wannabe” Wizkid crap and BS… same sound, same dead ass lyrics, same small boy cosying up to shameless adult girls who can’t keep their clothes on. I DARE WIZKID TO MAKE A SONG THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE AND SENDS A MESSAGE WORTH LISTENING TO…

BN AGAIN, IF YOU LIKE, DON’T POST THIS.

• olu

May 20, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Calm down. Have you listened to ‘ojuelegba’, mummy mi, celebrate, etc ….???

14. osy

May 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm

I couldn’t even bring myself to watch the video knowing fully well that it would be same old same old. Just opened the link to view comments. Girls make una hold body small biko. musicians shoot videos without naked girls and sex abeg.

15. nwa nna

May 20, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Same o sh*t!

16. eyong

May 20, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Humph, I haven’t heard the song but I’ve only come to expect mediocrity from wiz and the likes of him. Now if this was Banky or Asha or Omawumi etc… I would have clicked the play button so fast. Lol. Oh well, good for him, still treating women like props and getting paid top dollar for it. Mtcheeewwww

17. anon

May 20, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Wiz kid and old washed out ashawo tinz nonsense.

18. Efee

May 20, 2015 at 9:51 pm

Mtchew! Truth is one cannot expect (from the likes of this boy) anything less shitty than the typical tits and ass videos and objectification of women. This is just stupid! But when you think of how women are willing to raunch it up and don’t give a flip about the objectification, can you even blame the men – who remain fully clothed the entire time?
    Then this trend of shooting every dang video is South Africa (the Xenophobic home base) – Trust Naijas not to give a damn and to continue boosting their economy. In addition, it appears that Nigerian women are no longer worthy to feature in their crappy videos (maybe it’s a good thing?)….is it that there aren’t any attractive ladies in the homeland? This is the same disease worrying dem black Americans rappers…smh!

19. kaya

May 20, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Three words… Ridiculous, Obscene & Basic

20. Darmynonesuch

May 20, 2015 at 11:44 pm

Wizzy, we are getting tired of the same old stuff. We want more songs like Ojuelegba- wch had like 99 percent quality lyrics!!!

Using girls are props mehn…..i guess that’s what most Nigerians want- Nice beat, poor lyrical content. I’d jump n pass.

21. thayungsta

May 21, 2015 at 12:46 am

hmmmm! though the dude got it all i mean material things but we all are dust his gonna leave all dat some day

22. shannie

May 21, 2015 at 5:06 am

I really like Wizkid’s older stuff. I think h’s very talented and I think this song could have had potential, but somewhere something went wrong.

Also, I despise the women littered around like trash. This objectification is really unnerving.

23. kim kim

May 21, 2015 at 7:32 am

the video disgusts me! nigerian artistes have clearly lost their creativity..what kind of nonsense is that? all we see on our screen today is naked girls shaking arses in our faces

24. le coco

May 21, 2015 at 8:28 am

this guy jst annoys me… no substance whatsoever.. there is no substance.. those of you calling mummy mi a song with substance i sorry for una.. ” i will buy yu ferrari, i will buy ou al you need”.. must it alwayz b about money? why cnt this guy have depth for once? nouveaux riche… davido is no better.. same shallow rubbish.. psquare used to be soo nyc.. i am of the believe tht nothing beats their Get squared album… see songs meeehn… omoge mi, story, etc… im nt even saying ppl need to be deep like asa… but gosh use full sentences and stop singing about money.. shows tht you r insecure about life

• K.K

May 22, 2015 at 12:21 am

My dear enter studio pls.. #no need for long essay#

25. Angiee

May 21, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Sometimes I wonder if these ladies have parents or siblings at all. Cause as for me if my parents see me in this kind of video, I will be sorry for the rest of my life.

• vivianmorh

May 21, 2015 at 1:32 pm

If my parents see me in this kinda video i wnt av a life to be sorry abt.

26. kim kim

May 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

they were not trained properly

27. Abi

May 21, 2015 at 1:57 pm

The ONLY thing I like about this song is the beat!!!! Its very afrocentric! the saxophone in there is smooth af!!
    The video quality is really good too, shame about the content lol

28. Voltaire

May 27, 2015 at 6:09 pm

Expensive faeces for real.