News

#PetroCalypse #AintNobodyGotFuelForThat – Nigerians Make Light of No Fuel & Diesel

Nigerians are attempting to ‘make light’ of the current fuel scarcity. So  many memes have been circulating about the situation, affecting all of us. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.  image

1. zinnypearl

May 25, 2015 at 10:54 am

whats the meaning of this

• Abster

May 26, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Something like a joking sturvs

2. bn lover

May 25, 2015 at 10:59 am

Nigerians joke too much……….

• True that BN Lover, we do.. I totally agree… But what exactly do you suggest we do nah?! Kill ourselves?! The only thing that helps us survive this “Hell hole” of a nation is the humor we create of the painful and senseless times our fellow Nigerians and leaders put us through.. Apart from that ehnn Bubba/ Oga boss.. This country would be like a scene in Walking Dead… 🙁 #IWeepforMyNations.. #AintnoBoRRygotfuelforthat #GODHelpNigeria

• Lilo

May 25, 2015 at 1:58 pm

This mentality is the reason why your leaders lack accountability and integrity and some of you likely so. Everything is a national comic relief no matter how many lives are lost or inconvenienced. I mean the day comedians started cracking jokes about BOko Haram…I knew Nigeria was in fact a failed state. Sit there be suffering and smiling while your leaders continue to arse rape you and your offsprings.

3. wagamama

May 25, 2015 at 11:12 am

All funny (but i refuse to laugh!).

Getting tired of this fuel shortage.

Its not like theres no petrol, oil marketers are just refusing to sell.

No work for me today….. car on quarter, taxis are scarce.

Managing my inverter like my life depends on it (it actually does, hope it doesn’t go off soon)

Nigeria is now an economic jungle….Survival of the richest, not survival of the fittest

“Suffering and smiling” is gradually becoming our daily norm

Heard some other states don’t have it this bad (PH, Kano)

I refuse to be angry with GEJ, I honestly feel this is beyond his control (maybe I’m going crazy)

NGOZ baby, if it is within your power, just liase with Oga at the top and REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY BIKO!

• nnenne

May 25, 2015 at 12:46 pm

After removing subsidy, they should please stop PAYING FOR CITIZEN’S VACATION in the guise of Haj and pilgrimage. Wonder, which illiterate president that started that nonsense.

• nnenne

May 25, 2015 at 12:52 pm

*** CITIZENS’ ***

• ShineShineShine

May 25, 2015 at 3:23 pm

Love u twice again.

• Fatima

May 26, 2015 at 1:22 am

Gosh, Nenne you’re so full of hate for all things northern and Muslim. What does hajj have to do with the fuel situation?

FYI the federal gift no longer subsidises hajj. It hasn’t done so for a very long time! But clearly you’re too myopic to find out. It costs each pilgrim a minimum of 700k to go for hajj. Does that sound subsidized? It’s even over priced considering tickets to Saudi cost about 100k and the accommodation you get there is pretty basic.

FYI, you do realise several states and even the FG paid for quite a number of people to go to Jeruselem on pilgrimage too right? But I guess that’s okay by you since the problem isn’t with that “kind” of pilgrimage. Aye?

Free your soul from hate darling. I’m sure the bible teaches you how to love your Neighbour as yourself.

Toddles.

4. Mimi

May 25, 2015 at 11:28 am

Not funny one bit

5. ACE

May 25, 2015 at 11:53 am

Its well with this country. Its no longer funny.

6. M&

May 25, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Some people still have generator and inverter to manage…me since Friday haven’t seen a blink of light…no fuel, no NEPA! So how was my weekend? Phones, laptop, ipad, all dead. Warmed all soup and stew the whole weekend after throwing out the bad ones from the freezer. And at every cry of ‘I want cartoon’….oya come and sit down at the balcony (for breeze), and I’m out with one folk tale or the other (then u hear, mummy I want the story of the squirrel, I don’t want elephant and tortoise). This morning jumped bus and keke and trekked the remaining one to work , with all the rechargeable lights, phones and powerbank in tow. It’s not funny, but day and night still come and go…and life goes on, and we have to find a laugh or two, till it gets better again….#countdown29th.

• nnenne

May 25, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I can imagine. Hope this will be resolved permanently.

• Mz Socially Awkward...

May 25, 2015 at 6:07 pm

You are a super hero. Real props to Nigerian families trying to make ish work for their homes in the middle of this mess.

7. Olori Tari

May 25, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Nigerians! We don’t break…we just bend and go back to normal. It’s a curse and it’s a blessing! I love the Nigerian sense of humour though, the more the suffering, the more quality the banter.

8. Tired much!

May 25, 2015 at 1:25 pm

I don’t even have the energy to type much. That’s to tell you how frustrated I am. This suffering is too much for Nigerians

9. @edDREAMZ

May 25, 2015 at 1:41 pm

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    I really want to laugh but i cant abeg….
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

10. Tired of Naija

May 25, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Its really tough. You cant buy food because there’s a power to freeze your food stuff. Everything in my fridge got spoilt! Its expensive to eat for the day as you dont want to risk buying a whole lot and throw away! its very frustrating. No fuel No light. Someone has to pay for this!

11. Reetah

May 25, 2015 at 3:45 pm

Everything in my fridge did not spoil o… It is the fridge itself that spoilt… I’m so tired I can’t even type much… Please, #PrayForNigeria

12. deedee

May 25, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Its really frustrating and sad living in Nigeria right now, everything is in a mess, no water, no light and no fuel. Haba, dis government una no try o! till people start falling down dead on the streets before u all (ogas at the top) will realize that we are suffering real hard. God will surely judge this….abeg make i go siddon fan maself as light no dey

13. Fume

May 25, 2015 at 8:44 pm

i so love our sense of humour in this country. We are a resilient people.

14. ednutey

May 26, 2015 at 8:43 am

If you as a guy use a.c while driving these days,u’re the real MVP….infact the way girls would be admiring you ehn,u’ld think you just won the lottery……its well with Nigeria