News

#Trek4GEJ: Oladele Shows Followers How He has Been Surviving + More Updates

Oladele Trekker

Oladele John Nihi, the man who is walking from Abuja to Otuoke, Bayelsa to honour President Goodluck Jonathan, has been getting a lot of praise for his feat, but also a lot of criticism.

Many are finding it hard to believe that he is actually doing everything he claims to be doing. How does he charge his phone? How come he has clean clothes to wear?

Nihi took to Twitter to answer these questions and more:

He also provided additional updates on his trip:

1. pinkie

May 14, 2015 at 11:54 am

this one don black… kia. I pity you! they even bought raincoats.. *side eye*. don’t gaan be with your wife this rainy season.. jobless man.

2. Paloma

May 14, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Eku ise ooo…. hmmmmm smh

3. Anonymous

May 14, 2015 at 12:14 pm

What exactly do they hope to achieve with this trek?The new administration must make job creation a priority………………………………………………………

4. MAMAHENZ

May 14, 2015 at 12:17 pm

ndi’ara

5. Alice

May 14, 2015 at 12:18 pm

You go fear partner oh… association of Nigerian trekkers should be registered lol

6. Funmi

May 14, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Rubbish!!!!! You clearly do not have a job. Hiss

7. ssah

May 14, 2015 at 12:26 pm

EISH!

8. Paloma

May 14, 2015 at 12:27 pm

@Bellanaija post my comments ooo dis is d second one >>>>>>>>> As Omotola has said and i quote “Silly youths trekking their futures away. You don’t trek to bring awareness to your suffering plights but trek to celebrate politicians?Smh!” highly supported!

9. beautycee

May 14, 2015 at 12:31 pm

[email protected] nihi please let me know when u get to port-harcourt, i will buy u and gloria life jacket coz u guys will need it to cross the otueke rivers. #hopeamright#strolls away. be safe though.

10. bruno FIERCE

May 14, 2015 at 12:40 pm

” For those asking how do I change cloth. I
    hv 2 shirts, 1 boxers, 1 singlet & 1 short.
    About to wash now”

so when he is washing his clothes, what is he using to cover “his modesty”.

only one boxers. I can only imagine.

if u have a good paying job, I don’t think u will trekking to go and congratulate an incompetent, lazy sluggish leader like gej who was kicked out of office because of his stupidity and poor choices.

till today we are suffering because of that man gej.this is a man who honoured abacha with a centenary medal, this is a man who tried to change the name of unilag to moshood abiola university cause changing the name of unilag was the important thing in nigeria at that moment.
    nigerians thinks before u do stupid things like trekking to congratulate a loser like gej.

• POLYPOLY

May 14, 2015 at 4:36 pm

chilllleeee…..ok!!!!! am like, only one boxer shorts in that HOTTTT naija sweaty weather. tufiakwa.

am sorry but that’s why most naija men have sweaty bahlls. ewwww, they never own more than 3 pairs of boxers. ladies pls gift ur men/brothers/fathers boxers/briefs/payintt/anything, cos 3 is unhealthy for a grown man. they need at least 10 pairs

11. Chizzy

May 14, 2015 at 12:43 pm

I’m a fan of GEJ but truth is I can never trek for any politician.
    Never!!!

12. Miss_Flygerian

May 14, 2015 at 12:45 pm

Why didn’t all these mumu trekkers walk for Chibok girls? Or for the lack of power? Or for corruption?

Mschew! Jobless people.

13. o

May 14, 2015 at 12:45 pm

only 1 boxers??…..ok o

14. [email protected]

May 14, 2015 at 12:53 pm

The first man that walked from Lagos to Abuja promised to do it if Buhari wins. It was something like a bet or a gamble that he had to hold up. He didn’t walk just to meet or congratulate the president-elect. In my opinion, as much as trekking long distances is no mean feat, these copycats are pointless. Nigerians just copy blindly evidently.

• Idomagirl

May 14, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Very pointless my dear.

15. Xceptional

May 14, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I pray man no go crazy#trek4GEJ #trek4GMB,all of una no get wrk,to even think ur families re supporting u hmmmmm #just dey observe,anyways wen una c bros jona help me tell him say mak he tell phcn to give us light @least b4 may 29 lmao trek ko jog ni.

16. Mizzy

May 14, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Dis is craziness n idleness @ it’s peak

17. mrs chidukane

May 14, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Looks like fun. I remember walking all over Port Harcourt in the name of Rag day,lol. I was too shy to hustle for donations and quite well dressed. My bf at the time forced me to give the money to charity sha. It was an awesome day, eating bole while walking and acting all crazy cos no-one knew me in PH,lol. That was way before kidnapping and militancy.

• mrs chidukane

May 14, 2015 at 1:28 pm

*way before kidnapping and militancy no doubt

• POLYPOLY

May 14, 2015 at 4:32 pm

OMG!!! correct PHC babes……yass my cousins at UST back during my visits to naija, took me on one “RAG DAY”. we walked from rumeme or whatever to diobu I think. choi memories oh….thx for bringing back some PH good times.

18. ola

May 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm

If this were to be done by white people…am very sure most Nigerians wont have any problem with it.

• POLYPOLY

May 14, 2015 at 4:33 pm

tah!!!! wee u shatap ya mouth,…..leave oyibo peepul alone. this is silly and don’t make any excuses for these attenshun seekers

• Root

May 15, 2015 at 7:12 pm

White people have constant electricity, potable water, good roads, adequate security. Despite that, when was the last time you heard any of them trekking for a politician????

19. Austar

May 14, 2015 at 1:35 pm

Just out of curiosity……….. what if after this trek, Jonathan refuses to acknowledge them or even meet them, what would they do? trek back? or trek to report to his mother?

20. Funmi

May 14, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Haters will always hate, even if this man cured cancer haters will say “why didn’t you bring this cure since?” hope they get to where they are going safely. At least he has done something all of us here commenting on this page will NEVER do. It may not get him financial reward but if he gets to his destination safely he have amazing stories for his grandchildren on his cross country hiking.

21. bruno

May 14, 2015 at 2:47 pm

@ola.
    an oyinbo man can not trek long distance to congratulate a silly leader who spent 6 years in office and couldn’t even provide basic amenities like good roads and constant electricity for the people.

oyinbo people will rather trek to create awareness for cancer or hiv or down syndrome, they trek and run cross country races for a good cause not to congratulate a criminal in agbada.

if I ask this trekkers mention one positive impact gej had on ur life when he was in office, they will not be able to answer.

22. Moyo

May 14, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Patiently waiting for the trekkers to Sambisa forest for the Chibok girls.

23. Root

May 15, 2015 at 7:15 pm

I guess they are enjoying the attention they are getting. Can’t wait for 29th May to get here, then all this rubbish can be consigned to the dustbin of history as part of GEJ sad and depressing era.

24. diamondz

May 30, 2015 at 12:03 am

Make una leave the OLOSHI he dey trek to occupy himself make he no for commit suicide. Anyway am not surprised it’s clear from d conduct of Mr jona and d lunatic wife dat foolishness and stupidity originated in otoeke.what nonsense