News

15 Year Old Secondary School Student in Imo Commits Suicide

BellaNaija.com

dreamstime_m_45928631

A 15-year-old male senior secondary student is said to have committed suicide in Imo State.

His family and friends have expressed shock over the incident, stating that there were no signs that he was suicidal, Vanguard reports.

“Paschal was a senior secondary school student of Passion Model Secondary School, Egbu. He used an electric extension cable to hang himself from a ceiling fan, when his mother was away for a night vigil,” said an unnamed source.

His mother was distraught, stating that she had never scolded or punished the deceased, and couldn’t understand why he would take such a drastic measure.

“The incident was very shocking. It has remained a mystery till now, especially as the young boy was neither troublesome nor noisy,” another source said.

Photo Credit: Pixelheadphoto/Dreamstime.com

1. Tunmi

June 30, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Oh no, poor thing. Please don’t tell me no one knows anything about this kid other than he wasn’t troublesome or noisy. That pretty much meant they didn’t know him at all.

2. Lilian

June 30, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Terrible.

3. chi-e-z

June 30, 2015 at 1:27 pm

I’ll say it oh I’ll rather have a troublesome.loud,busy body child so I can know exactly when he/she starts getting depressed. cause I’m the quiet loner and I know it’s dangerous living silently in your mind. aww menh just in case anyone reading this thinking of suicide. Please know some of us can relate but as life continues you’ll find out that just as night and day passes over so do troubles and heart ache. No matter what it is talk to someone who you love and trust to shield you from that evil nudge with love,prayers and kindness. Even Jesus was told to kill himself atleast 3 times but see how he has altered time to the point of even how it is dated and helped Goodness and love over selfishness and violence be a virtue not weakness. You’ll overcome whatever obstacle and reach your goal just don’t let a moment of sadness end your beautiful future to come. I’m sure from Oprah to Gandhi thoughts have crossed but thankfully for the world they didn’t yield to it.You’ll be amazing. To the family I pray for your consolation and hopefully reconciliation in a much better place with your lovely son in a better life after.

• Jice

June 30, 2015 at 11:13 pm

very lovely

• Jane

July 1, 2015 at 12:07 am

What if you don’t “have anyone you love and trust” to talk to?

4. Kim

June 30, 2015 at 1:53 pm

The boy must be suffering from depression without anyone knowing.

5. Ochouba Chidinma

June 30, 2015 at 2:13 pm

God Bless You @Chi-e-z!! that’s all I can say!!…. GOD BLESS YOU!

6. EllesarisEllendil

June 30, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Either bullying or molestation are the cause. Please always encourage your children to talk to you, Yes they’ll distract you a lot of times with aimless chatter but occasionally you’ll pick up vital information.

7. lilian

June 30, 2015 at 2:42 pm

God hve mercy,this is 2 bad,Rip to d dead

8. Mystique

June 30, 2015 at 2:45 pm

This just breaks my heart; so much pain in the world. Why nau…… Wonder what could have triggered this. where is his father???

9. papermoon

June 30, 2015 at 5:35 pm

poor little baby, what could have been sooo bad that he could not talk it over…..hope you find peace

10. Sara

June 30, 2015 at 7:15 pm

It’s a pity! it’s either he was being bullied, sexually abused or is confused about his sexuality. Our society doesn’t pay attention to teenagers as they should, they go through a lot of emotional roller-coaster at this stage. The hopelessness and despair is what makes a lot of people commit suicide.

• Jice

June 30, 2015 at 11:15 pm

And you would know this how? Please don’t add your own salt and pepper. We may never know what set him off.

11. nwa papa

June 30, 2015 at 8:46 pm

Such a waste of life..Most Nigerian parents DO NOT know or understand their kids at a deeper level, I’m speaking from personal experience growing up in naija.
    Whenever I had anything major on my mind that was bothering me, the only people I could turn to for advise because they listened & understood were some uncles. Not saying that this was the reason for this young fella committing suicide, but when parents become in tune emotionally with their kids they can detect once there’s a shift in mood or attitude.. #nigerianparentsknowyourkids

12. francisca oma

June 30, 2015 at 11:12 pm

A friend of my younger brother hanged himsef some weeks ago, he was also calm, not troublesome, always active in church nd so mch more but he hanged himself. The reason 4 his action is still yet unknown. Some say d reason pple think of sucide is “Depression” but i stil believ if we let odas know what is goin on in our head they might jst provide us wt a solution. Sucide is neva d ansa, d stigma neva leaves a family.

13. Jude

July 1, 2015 at 8:39 am

I remember how I wanted to commit suicide at that same age. Life was very frustrating and the school system in Nigeria was a mess. All we, students, we’re required to do was cram, it was beyond frustrating when I would go back to that same material I crammed during a test, when I wanted to read for an exam. I could not remember a thing. My parents didn’t care to be honest. They were too busy telling people their child was always the top in class. I was the first child, the quiet and not troublesome child, who had received countless abuse as a child, my parents will never agree till date that they’ve hit me, I can’t defend myself, I am in Africa. When I saw this post, I was shocked that he did what he did, I am still depressed but I am finding help, little by little I am finding hope. That could have been me. R.I.P

14. red

July 1, 2015 at 3:17 pm

wassup with all these suicide things recently ehn? may God help us all o

15. ACM

July 1, 2015 at 4:07 pm

What a sad news. Pray that God will give d family d heart to bear the lost. This we pray in Jesus name. Amen

16. Dj

August 7, 2015 at 3:53 pm

@Jude, what are you talking? was it because your parents hit you or beat you naih you dey call abuse. You better thank your stars that you even have parents that hit you and you always top your class then, maybe today you will not be in the position that you are now to tell your story. I am wondering whether you have children of your own now and once in a while you need to spank them, how do you feel then? From my own experience, it takes a lot of energy, will and power to beat a child. I will hit my child when he/she derails from the good path or show signs of unseriousness. My prayers and determination is that the child must be a good child and grow up to be a responsible and successful adult in the society and if there is the need for spanking once in a while, I will do it and sensibly as well. This is Nigeria not America or United Kingdom. May God bless your parents for taking time to train and educate you.