Scoop

Caitlyn Jenner Broke the Internet! 1st Interview Excerpts, Plus Celebs Tweet Support

Caitlyn Jenner and stylist for the Vanity Fair Shoot, Jessica Diehl

Caitlyn Jenner and stylist for the Vanity Fair Shoot, Jessica Diehl

Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, is still the hottest topic of the week so far by breaking the internet with her Vanity Fair July 2015 cover.

In her interview with Vanity Fair, Caitlyn Jenner talks about her journey to becoming a woman.

CGbfYMlWsAAm8wQ

Read excerpts from her interview below:

On how it feels to be a woman compared to winning the gold medal for the decathlon at the 1976 Olympics: That was a good day, but the last couple of days were better. . . . This shoot was about my life and who I am as a person. It’s not about the fanfare, it’s not about people cheering in the stadium, it’s not about going down the street and everybody giving you ‘that a boy, Bruce,’ pat on the back, O.K. This is about your life.

On her 10-hour facial feminization surgery and the panic attack that followed: [She recalls thinking] “What did I just do? What did I just do to myself?”

On a need to reveal herself to the world: If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life. You never dealt with yourself,’ and I don’t want that to happen.”

On people still calling her a ‘he’: I don’t really get hung up. A guy came in the other day and I was fully dressed—it’s just habit, I said, ‘Hi, Bruce here,’ and I went, Oh f*, it ain’t Bruce, I was screwing up doing it.

On her upcoming docu-series and people’s reactions to it: ‘Oh, she’s doing a stupid reality show. She’s doing it for the money. She’s doing this, she’s doing that.’ I’m not doing it for money. I’m doing it to help my soul and help other people. If I can make a dollar, I certainly am not stupid. [I have] house payments and all that kind of stuff. I will never make an excuse for something like that. Yeah, this is a business. You don’t go out and change your gender for a television show. O.K., it ain’t happening. I don’t care who you are.

***

Celebrities have taken to social media to express pride and support for the all-new Caitlyn Jenner, beginning with one of Caitlyn’s daughters, Kendall Jenner as well as her stepdaughters Kim and Khloé Kardashian.

Lena Dunham, Ellen DeGeneres, Tyra Banks, Anna Kendrick, Lady Gaga, Kat Dennings and many more stars reacted on Twitter.

See some reactions below.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

1. kaycee

June 2, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Uwa mmebi.

2. Esora

June 2, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Americans are too fake and can pretend to the fullest. Hollywood is the worst. What’s brave about foolishness or mental madness? Absolutely nothing. They will push you to your own destruction.

3. Esora

June 2, 2015 at 12:10 pm

I bet after all this transformation, Bruce will still be depressed as ever. And won’t be surprise if he commits suicide bcos he will still not be happy. And he’s filling the emptiness with wrong things

• Author Unknown

June 2, 2015 at 2:29 pm

And you Esora are as judgmental and selfish as the Hollywood crowd you speak of. Bruce Jenner was probably already depressed, and probably already contemplated suicide. He probably already died inside, so I doubt becoming Caitlyn will give rise to those things. Unfortunately, it’s hard to judge people in this circumstance. I personally don’t think a sex change is necessary, especially if you’re not intersex, but I’ve never walked in the shoes of someone in this position and don’t know where it hurts.

• Esosa

June 2, 2015 at 4:25 pm

@author unknown

, I can’t speak my opinion about craziness. If that makes me judgemental and selfish. Abeg, I’ll take it. Folks are getting too sensitive and expect everybody to partake in their madness. You and Caitlyn can go take several seats in Jupiter.

• Author Unknown

June 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm

@ Esosa. No one is telling you not to have your opinion. What I’m saying is to respect others’ opinion if it’s different from yours. You criticize other people for supporting Bruce Jenner’s decision, but then ask to be allowed to voice your own opinion? Listen to yourself bloody hypocrite.

• y

June 4, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Oh pls just shut up…

4. Mizzy

June 2, 2015 at 12:13 pm

she isn’t doing it for the money.. pple neva do nythng 4 money. well, well!!!!!!!!!!

5. Sweetness

June 2, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Hmm…. I will be back for the comments!!!!! Sipping tonic and gin

• A Real Nigerian

June 2, 2015 at 12:30 pm

That stuff’s gonna kill you.

• nino

June 3, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Gin and Tonic is healthy

• oy

June 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

ME 3

6. Justme

June 2, 2015 at 12:20 pm

I’ve been playing Beyonce PRETTY HURTS on repeat since morning so Caitlyn, am gonna ask you in Beyonce’s voice ” When you’re alone all by yourself And you’re lying in your bed Reflection stares right into you Are you happy with yourself? You stripped away the masqueradeThe illusion has been shed Are you happy with yourself? Are you happy with yourself?”

• Caitlyn

June 2, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Absofuckinglutely.

7. A Real Nigerian

June 2, 2015 at 12:39 pm

What a beautiful and brave woman!
    Certainly better than all the whiny, bed-wetting, equality-hating, simple-minded BN crybabies who cannot detach themselves from some stupid societal, cultural and religious “standards”.

• zxo

June 2, 2015 at 1:32 pm

U need to check yourself “a real Nigerian”

8. A Real Nigerian

June 2, 2015 at 12:42 pm

What do you think you are doing? Do you think you are one poetic genius who has a rich mind? What illusion? What masquerade? She is happy with herself. Quit being a lame jerk

• A Real Nigerian

June 2, 2015 at 12:43 pm

@Justme or justmediocre. Whatever your name is.

• Paloma

June 2, 2015 at 1:44 pm

She done hear you na #Truth hurts 🙂

• ejiro

June 2, 2015 at 2:00 pm

Awwwwww, do you need a hug? When you’re alone all by yourself And you’re lying in your bed Reflection stares right into you Are you happy with yourself?

9. Naijababeii

June 2, 2015 at 1:05 pm

ok odinma

10. Marie Antoinette

June 2, 2015 at 1:05 pm

I just love that she didn’t call herself ‘Kaitlyn Jenner’…

• BV

June 2, 2015 at 5:52 pm

THIS MESSAGE ALMOST KILT ME KAI

11. Grown Woman

June 2, 2015 at 1:06 pm

WOW these Americans will praise you for anything as long as it makes you happy. Jesus take the wheel chai. I hear Kylie isn’t happy with Ms Caitlyn decision lol

12. Trish

June 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

M.J. changed his color, the world cursed him out; Bruce jenner changed his sex at 65years- we applaud him. The world is indeed sick!

• ACE

June 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm

Abi oh! They all crucified MJ now these and everybody is praising her???? It’s well oh! Truth be told I am still shocked

• Author Unknown

June 2, 2015 at 2:44 pm

Daft comparison. Did MJ deliberately change his skin colour? Did MJ ever own up to his change, for whatever reason? What is being celebrated here is bravery, not sex change.

PS: I apologise for calling you daft.

• Trish

June 2, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Bravery indeed! I can’t see that he saved the world
      Smh

• Author Unknown

June 2, 2015 at 6:03 pm

@ Trish. Wow. So you really are daft then 🙂 Bravery and heroism are two different things.

13. chukwukadibia

June 2, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Kim would definitely be jealous of her step dad/mum,he/she is getting all the attention right now. Hahahah

14. Moyo

June 2, 2015 at 1:25 pm

So where is Bruce, is Caitlin now the father of Bruce’s children or their mother.What will they call him, I am confused. See me taking panadol on top of another person headache

15. halia

June 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Hmmmm…..well she looks good. I dont agree with alot surrounding this family nor what they represent. Howevere she still looks good. #Tryinghere

16. BisolA

June 2, 2015 at 1:37 pm

At 65?? My heart bleeds for him o chai, i think he feels he’s missing out on what his daughters and wife(abi na ex-wife) does, the parties, publicity, revealing outfits and all. Its really sad he went about it this way…all the best to him

17. June

June 2, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Hmmm…. This world….chai. Why do we feel this need to “support” all this twisted business

18. Priscy

June 2, 2015 at 2:48 pm

This man is a grandfather
    Can you imagine your father doing this, not to talk of your grand father?
    Like really?
    O Please!!!

19. Ibinabo

June 2, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Bruce/Caitlyn is empty… is he likes, he should transition to a lion, that emptiness will not leave until it’s filled with self-love and total acceptance of who he is. God makes no mistake!

20. Ibinabo

June 2, 2015 at 2:57 pm

*if

21. VeryAngryNigerian

June 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Abeg how did he get that flat tummy? Na green smoothie diet? All these Transgens be giving women a run for their money o..chei

22. Aibee

June 2, 2015 at 3:06 pm

I just can’t get over the fact that Caitlyn Jenner at 65 gets to have “finer” boobs than the average 65 year old woman who didn’t have plastic surgery. Plus I keep staring at that Vanity Fair cover trying to figure out if they actually cut off his penis and drilled a vagina in there. If yes, where does the vagina lead to? Obviously, there is no uterus. Or did he also get an uterus? Does Caityln have bartholins glands? When Caitlyn has sex with a man, where does the sperm go? Will Caitlyn ever have periods, menstrual pain, cervical cancer, breast cancer etc? Will Caitlyn ever have PMS? Maybe not, seeing as 65 is menopausal already!

So many questions!

• Adain

June 2, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Soooooooooo Many!!!!!

23. Ngozi

June 2, 2015 at 4:34 pm

Everybody around him and all this celebs are sadly lying to him IMO..

24. Zara

June 2, 2015 at 4:37 pm

She is so fab!!! Get it girl!!!!!!!

25. IloveFultonJSheen

June 2, 2015 at 4:56 pm

That’s tge problem with all you “don’t judge, let everyone be themselves liberals”. You harp on about intolerance but are actually the most intolerant of other views. Not everyone wants to applaud Bruce and calling him “brave” . That’s nonsense and false compassion. The poor man has an emptiness within, he needs support and help not a flamin’ dress !!!?

26. chy giri

June 2, 2015 at 5:16 pm

On his daughters wedding day, who will stand as their father? SMH

27. cissy_3000

June 2, 2015 at 5:25 pm

as far as am concern this is a freak show,if he knew he wanted to be a woman why have 5 children who will not have a father, even if they pretend to understand, what about their grandchildren when they ask about their grandfather. This is simply the devil at work, trying to interfere with God’s creation. The world is already perverse and Godless, it just goes show how much American have missed their road. please nigerias lets not buy into this demonic ideology
    This is end times don’t be surprise by what you see.
    This is a man that has lost his identity and purpose in life when his wife no longer need him and was no longer the breadwinner as they became superstars of fake reality tv.

The kadashian family represent everything perversed, nothing in their life have moral living standards.

28. maame k

June 2, 2015 at 6:05 pm

hate yourself or love yourself….GOD never makes any mistake,get it into head BRUCE JENNER,you are still a man,you cant even get pregnant,you dont have a womb!

29. Amh

June 2, 2015 at 7:16 pm

American society is sick. Perverse and decayed. He did it to catch all the fun
    Just like kim k and the sisters. No talent. Sex tape . Reality shows and millions of dollars. Its [email protected] real Nigerian barking like a rabid dog. You are sick. Get lost and hide your face.

30. Jesus'lil sis

June 2, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Even if they don’t believe in God, they should know there’s a higher being who made them and would be so disappointed to watch what he created beautifully change into something else. Rubbing in on God’s face that He made a mistake. The question i’d ask all ye ‘caitlyn’fanclub is ‘if U created something to function a certain way and it does the opposite saying it knows best than u the creator, what will u do? How will feel?

31. Majestic

June 2, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Please i believe everyone is entitled to their opinion.. and my opinion is that,this is SICK..but come to think of it,I guess he just got tired of a former Olympian(former being the operative word here)…Because as matter of fact,I sometimes forget about the man…as Kim and co are rocking the Internet and different blogs…so he wanted a teeny-weeny bit of attention(we all know how the kardashian and Jenner clan crave attention),and came up with this…So kudos to him(abi her) on a job well done..

And for those who are fighting for him..u have no right whatsoever,provided u are not his child..Anyhow shaa,it’s his life…let him live it the way he wants to…that’s his cup of tea..

32. Trish

June 3, 2015 at 8:47 am

@ author unknown, you must really feel intelligent. Kindly check synonyms for bravery and you would have improved your self today. Thank me later OLODO RABATA

33. krystal

June 3, 2015 at 8:54 am

This is what happens when you are constantly surrounded by girls….kim, kourtney, khloe, kris, kylie and kendall always dressing up, making up n being all girly. At some point it rubbed off on him (or her rather). M surprised the caitlyn didn’t start with a K, wud av made it complete.

34. Dee

June 4, 2015 at 3:27 am

Seeing this hurts me so bad. I wonder how Gd feels right now. Why are we so condescending of God.?In his faithfulness and wisdom, he made us male and female. I can’t just fathom how hurt Christ must feel at this point. This dispensation of grace we live in at this time is so amazing and the dispensation of judgment will be so brutal, men will forget the merciful side of God. People, please understand that when you support sin,you are as bad as those committing that sin. Let’s stand up for God, it doesn’t matter if we are seen as judgmental in the eyes of man.Do not accept ideologies like this that hurt God. Bruce Jenner, my heart goes out to you, you have dined with the daughters of Jezebel, with their marine queen mother Kris and she has turned your life upside down.

35. Taiwo Dammy

June 4, 2015 at 8:31 am

Bruce has never been happy and will never be in a dress… Make up, boobs, heels, all don’t make a woman.. He’ll live forever regretting this

36. precy

June 18, 2015 at 2:44 pm

this is very sad, all those pple supporting this nonsense u know this is wrong. God created us in his likeness and image, who r u to change yoself into a man or women wen God saw it fit for u to be a man or women. that means Bruce is saying God u r wrong e way u created me. yes everyone is entitled to their thots but we will say the truth THIS IS WRONG, the end is near even the bible said all this will happen. This is his life buh my heart bleeds for so many souls like him that are lost. incase u haven’t watch or seen e vedio of some American guy who used to be a gay he repents he was saying this is wrong & its e devil feeing u all these thots. u cn look for e vedio on facebook or you tube. You cn sae all u like supporting him but u know its wrong God is nt pleased w this.