Scoop

Ghollywood Actress Jackie Appiah Visits Victims of Ghana Flood & Gas Explosion

2Ghollywood actress Jackie Appiah took a moment yesterday to visit children and victims of the Ghana flood and gas explosion that threw the country into mourning a few days ago.

She shared photos from the visit on social media while urging the nation to help the victims.

1 3

She wrote:

So yesterday I decided to visit the Children & victims who were affected by the flood/gas explosion at the 37 Military hospital and donated cash and several items to the victims and after visited Nima a suburb of Accra were I interacted with the flood victims and also did the same donation. You should have seen their smiles on their faces it was priceless.

She added in another post:

We as a nation should in one way try in our own little way to help the victims. You can help by sending your donations to Nadmo head office and ask of Abigail or Mr. Lamptey

Photo Credit: Instagram/jackieappiah

1. MsGhana

June 11, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Stupid Girl who can NOT act (blinds bats cant see past her beauty and will argue she can act)
    You can tell all she cares about is the Photo Op
    Ewuraba wu enim acting, enti kor back to acting school wai

• Roci

June 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Who be this with so much pain in her heart ? Girl chill

• W

June 11, 2015 at 3:44 pm

Bad belle. Go act first before you judge.

2. Below average

June 11, 2015 at 3:25 pm

The first picture brought me close to tears. That innocent little girl. What a shame.

This lady… Hmm, although it was a nice gesture visiting the victims, her appearance could be a bit misleading. From the outfit to the staged pictures.. Quite unecessary. She should be a bit more sensitive and stop using them for cheap publicity.
    I could be wrong though….

3. Girlbeingreal

June 11, 2015 at 3:32 pm

First the outfit was horrible for the occasion.. And she sounded like she did it just to be seen.. Didn’t see real empathy. What with the hood.. Smh

• Beeeee

June 11, 2015 at 4:09 pm

and the fact that she is smiling and posing just ticks me off even more. Its not like she went to an orphanage or something. These are people who just went through a traumatic experience

4. Beeeee

June 11, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I thought she was a bit overdressed. Yes what she did was good and i was touched until i got to the end of the post on Facebook or so…where she put (outfit by …….., hair by ………. makeup by ……..) I was thoroughly disgusted. Someone who is sincere about their reason for going there would not have time to be crediting the people that put her outfit together. Maybe someone has a different opinion.

5. Anita

June 11, 2015 at 4:13 pm

What a venomous and spiteful statement if you don’t have anything to saw just Shut Up and Pass. Haba who are you to judge someone’s talent, what can you do, nobody knows you of course that is your pain . You hide under an unknown identity and throw shades at a known actress, shame on you, you are an envious, non-talented and jealous person. She can’t act according to you but at least she has a heart to reach out to the affected victims, what have you done for them? Onye nzuzu.

• bella-blue

June 12, 2015 at 5:33 pm

Well said my dear everything u for this world ppl go talk…if she no wear good outfit you go talk if she wear bad outfit they go talk…haba sometime I don’t really understand some ppl ooh..my mum will this if you Dont have any nice things to say Dont say nothing at all……mtechewwwwww

6. Leah

June 11, 2015 at 4:19 pm

I wish the “actress” pretended that this was not just a photo-op for her.

7. lala

June 11, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Giving kudos to who you dress designer and makeup artist at a charity visit is kinda off. But then again as she as not had any premiers in a hot minute i guess she needed to do the “they must see me” today visit.

• Iris

June 11, 2015 at 10:57 pm

Where did she give kudos to the designer? I don’t see it.

8. Daisy

June 11, 2015 at 5:36 pm

A BO!!!!!! What’s with the beef? I think we should look pass her dress, hair and make up and try n see d gesture. How many people have really thought of the victims talk less of visiting them. Lets try and appreciate rather that focus on what doesn’t really matter. Kudos Jackie!!!!

• Bruness

June 11, 2015 at 6:58 pm

@ daisy I get your point but honestly speaking when I read the heading I thought it was kind of her then I saw the 2nd pix and the one with the news crew and I was put off and just to be sure I’m not hating I showed the pictures to 3 other people without uttering a word and they spoke their mind #publicity stunt# #killing 2 birds with one stone# when Anambra state governor visited the fire incident in Onitsha he was in tears, when you visit a motherless babies home or accident victims there’s something that sobers and humbles you, that makes you wonder about life, that makes you thankful for being whole. You don’t go playing dress up or modeling for the public. I bet that there are a whole lot of anonymous donors who donot give a frack about announcing their gesture to the entire public.

9. Mabel

June 11, 2015 at 7:16 pm

What was the purpose of her visit? I do not like her writeup of her visit, there was something empty about it, and none of the victims look happy she is there. I do not want to judge anyone, but she went about this ‘mission’ in the wrong way.

10. nnenne

June 12, 2015 at 12:33 am

Very thoughtful of her.

11. Sarah

June 12, 2015 at 2:23 pm

Jackie God bless you. Many celebrities should learn

12. Prince

June 12, 2015 at 2:24 pm

You look good Jackie if u dressed badly these same fools would have said your dress was bad. Ignore haters and keep shining.

13. Claudia

June 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Jackie thank u for your kind gesture. It’s good u took pictures so that people would learn from this. Kudus

14. Penelope

June 12, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Jackie you looking beautiful thank u for helping I’m touched

15. Lisa

June 12, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I so love this lady watch your recent movie True Lies u acted so well. U deserve an award

16. bella-blue

June 12, 2015 at 6:00 pm

well said @ANTIA. this world we leave in anything go do ppl go talk wat wrong with the outfit? e be we buy am for her?..if she waer gud one ppl go talk if she wear bad one ppl go talk ,,i sometime dont understand some ppl karrr..fashion police ..will say if you dont have any nice things to say, dont say nothing at alll….metchewwww

17. Bennie

April 21, 2016 at 10:30 am

Did anybody ever think for once that probably just maybe the outfit was to serve as a disguise so she could what she wants without any disturbance, though it eventually didnt do much. Lets try to judge less people, the message is very clear: Lend a helping hand and touch lives positively!