Scoop

Kim Kardashian Gives Impressive Talk about her Brand Secrets, Building her Empire & More at Cannes Lion

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0001

Pregnant Kim Kardashian looked gorgeous at Day 4 of the Cannes Lions where she popped in for a seminar.

During the seminar, the 34-year-old reality TV star talked about managing her business as well as some of the business decisions she has had to make in establishing herself into a multi-million dollar brand.

For her outing, she looked fab in a Balmain striped trouser suit which had glittery gold pinstripes running throughout. The looks were from the French fashion house’s Fall ’15 line. She wore her hair down and kept her beauty look simple with a smoky eye and a pale pink lip.

Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0004 Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0005 Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0002 Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0003

Her speech at the Cannes Lions was pretty impressive. See excerpts below.

On her Instagram: Maybe I post too many bikini selfies for some people. But my Instagram is exactly what I want. I know some of the brands I work with might get frustrated. I will only post a picture of a brand I like if I really love it. And I also say that my Instagram is off limits in my business contracts. I’ve actually unfollowed people who post too many brand-related Instagram pictures because I don’t believe in it. I can smell it a mile off.

On how she selects brands she is associated with: I used to take on way too much and sometimes I got involved with brands that didn’t make sense for me, because I was excited by everything and wanted to be here, there and everything. But it was overkill and so I took time off and figured out what I should be doing. Not everything I took on was the right fit for me and that can kill a brand.

On her Kim Kardashian Game App: Kanye really talked me into doing this partnership. He always wanted to do music for video games, so he thought it was the coolest thing in the world to have a video game with a character of myself. And as long as I had some control over the look of the character, what the character would be wearing and saying and doing, it would be so much fun, and it proved to be so right. I thank Kanye every day for making me do this deal.

On joining a male dominated world: I feel excited that we brought a female fan base to the gaming world and to the tech world. It’s been a new venture for me and scary for me to step into such a male dominated world.

On how she runs her day: I have my daughter now so I get up at 6am and answer emails before she gets up. Luckily I have a partner who gets up just as early, so that works. Then I work out my style, do some family stuff and then we film throughout the day. I send emails through the night so a lot of people hear from me at crazy hours.

Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0007 Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0008 Kim-Kardashian-Cannes-Lion-June-2015-BellaNaija0009

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Francois G. Durand

1. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

June 24, 2015 at 4:48 pm

Smart woman!

• whocares

June 24, 2015 at 5:38 pm

I am realllly curious as to your name “single shalewa, bitter bintu”. loool. I like it. Is there any story behind it? or am I missing something as usual?

2. aisha

June 24, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Really

3. AB

June 24, 2015 at 5:09 pm

Kim K is only a brand because of the media, as with all other celebrities and some brands (note,I said some), she and her family will fade away! But dont hold your breathe, they will be around for a longgg time..which to me is sad personally bcos these girls do not stand for anything whatsoever (ok, No I am not hating), I too loved Kim K once but mostly because of her fashion sense, but with the over exposure, nudity, overly plastic look I have lost the will to even keep up with the Kardashians altogether…Good answers anyway, she has indeed achieved alot!

4. prince

June 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm

What brand is she building or has she built. yeyecious. brand of being naked on magazine or which one.

5. Fabulous B

June 24, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Similarities Btw jayz & kanye in pushing there wives (for good offcos). Lovely boos. A man that won’t mind seeing the wife succeed (even more than him). It’s evident in the relationship stage. Ladies be vigilant

6. bruno FIERCE

June 24, 2015 at 6:11 pm

can’t sing can’t dance cant act doesn’t know how to play any sport. so useless.

• cos I say so

June 29, 2015 at 3:20 am

And she’s raking it in… I don’t think i’ll be learning any of that

7. Girlbeingreal

June 24, 2015 at 6:27 pm

You go Kim… Haven’t seen any celebrity get as much negative and hateful comment like she does but still this lady just keeps climbing. They say she has no talent but yet no Hollywood actress has her following on instagram. I guess they just hate that they love you Kim

• Rolly

June 24, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Lool you must not know about Toke. I’m not even sure she has fans..her comments sections are always a battlefield.
      Kim buys her followers, I thought this was public knowledge??
      There is nothing remotely interesting about this woman (I only clicked the link to read comments) & I’m glad Nigerians are not kissing her fake aSs

8. anonymous

June 24, 2015 at 6:27 pm

Whatever yous say, this babe is a success. Whether or not I like her route is a topic for another day.

PS; I’d rather be a Kim than all those ‘good girls’ that allow themselves to be hurt in relationships trying to be a ‘good woman’ forgetting bitterness and anger will take you to hell.

9. kai

June 24, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Drinking pandaol 4. Anoda person headache, jealousy talk. Nobodies always condem other pple. Wat hav all of u. Haters even done to afford even a pair of her sandals. Like. She is de only one dat has ever taken her clothes off. Even cheap girls wey de remove cloth for aboki to do( nysc tings) sef dey condem person. Pls check hw much dat mistake sex video is racking in, nt to talk of some credible businesses she is involved in.. We only see wat we want to see.

• Francine

June 24, 2015 at 8:19 pm

What shall it profit a man (woman) if s/he gains the whole world and loses his (her) soul?

You sound like you are about to release your own “mistake sex video”.

10. dobzi

June 24, 2015 at 7:04 pm

She is a smart business woman, that’s for sure

dobzifingers.com/?m=1

11. precy

June 25, 2015 at 10:10 am

i don’t like most of her dressing these days she wear black after black and this outfit was nt nice at all. Kim used to wear classy and sophisticated clothes buh nowadays it looks like Kanye tell her wat to wear.

12. Ebony